The Best Salad Recipes With Chicken
From baked to grilled and even shredded, theres so many ways to add chicken to your salad. The key here is to nail down how you cook the chicken and how its presented in each bowl. Heres a few favorites:
- Mandarin Chicken Salad: Shredded chicken marinated in a lemon vinaigrette is piled high with sweet mandarins, avocado, and crunchy toppings. The perfect throw-together salad.
- Southwest Chicken Salad: If earthy, bold flavors are your jam, this salad will have you salivating. Cilantro lime chicken is topped on a bed of greens, tomatoes, corn, beans, onions, and drizzled with a creamy avocado dressing.
- Greek Chicken Salad: Think Greek side salad turned into a hearty main dish. Its all the flavors you love, plus savory chicken.
- Cobb Salad: This classic American salad makes the most of simple ingredients like poached chicken, eggs, avocado, and of course, bacon.
How To Julienne Carrots: 3 Ways
The only hard part of this carrot salad, if there is one, is how to julienne the carrots. You can grate the carrots if youd like, but we love the look of a good julienne. is cutting a vegetable into long thin matchsticks. The slices have squared off edges. You can julienne carrots with a knife if youd like. But for this salad, there are a few faster ways:
+ Easy & Healthy Salad Recipes
These easy and healthy salad recipes make the best of fresh seasonal produce. Theyre filled with bright flavors and a variety of delicious textures. Whether youre looking for a snappy lunch salad or a large dinner party salad, this list has something for everyone.
Read Also: Hard Truth Cinnamon Vodka Recipes
Why These Healthy Salad Recipes
Im fully aware that you can find many other healthy salad recipes on the web with a touch of a finger. But mine are the best! Pinky promise! In this list you will find healthy spinach salad recipes, kale salads, bean salads and more.
- Easy recipes In many of these salads, even a healthy salad dressing recipe is dumped into the same bowl. I do not love extra steps. We never did in Ukraine and look, I turned out just fine.
- Simple ingredients We are talking about superstore grocery basic avocado, greens, tomato, pasta and quinoa ingredients. However, I encourage you to buy local, seasonal and pesticide free whenever possible.
- Meal worthy and nourishing Most salad ideas are good as a healthy meal or will make you a potluck super star. Full of vitamins and nutrients rather than loaded with saturated fat, sugar and sodium, these salads are perfect for lunch and dinner.
- Tasty I have compiled a collection of salads I would truly enjoy eating like a strawberry cheesecake. What is the prettiest salad worth if it tastes like kale?!
Enjoy these interesting healthy salads recipes for dinner or lunch!
The Garnish Steps It Up
This citrus salad is more of a concept than a recipe. As we mentioned, you can use any citrus you like! Once youve drizzled the vinaigrette over the top, adding the garnishes really takes it up a notch. Again, its highly customizable. Heres what we used:
- Fresh mint. Mint is perfect with citrus! Not only does it look beautiful, its a nice color contrast. Other good herbs to pair: fresh thyme or basil.
- Thinly sliced shallots. Shallots are like a baby red onion: theyre much milder in flavor. They look lovely thinly sliced into rings, with a light purple color.
- Finely crushed pistachios. If you have them on hand, crushed pistachios look like bright green confetti. Its not required, but it adds a nice touch.
Read Also: Best Sugar Cookie Recipe For Decorating
Chicken Shawarma Salad Recipe I How To Make Chicken Shawarma:
First, marinate chicken breast in a bed of curd, mixed with some spices. Keep for at least half an hour and grill it. You can also use a grill plate on stove if you don’t have a traditional griller. Then just assemble the salad with lettuce leaves, cucumber, onion, tomatoes and other veggies of your choice. Don’t forget to add in some mayonnaise or other sauce of your choice. Slice the grilled chicken and place on top of the salad. Serve with pita bread.
Do try this chicken shawarma salad recipe and let us know how you liked it.
: Sa: Fn: Openerspreadv2
31. Yellow Trio: Cut the kernels off an ear of corn sauté in olive oil with yellow squash slices. Toss with yellow grape tomatoes, basil, salt and pepper. 32. Egg Salad with Beans: Toss blanched green beans with sliced radishes and hard-boiled eggs. Drizzle with olive oil season with salt and pepper. 33. Ambrosia Salad: Whisk coconut milk with grated orange zest and vanilla. Toss with sliced grapes, tangerines and apples chill. Garnish with toasted coconut and walnuts. 34. Cornbread Caesar: Toss cubed cornbread with melted butter, salt and cayenne on a baking sheet bake at 400 degrees, 12 to 15 minutes. Toss romaine and chopped tomato with Caesar dressing top with the cornbread croutons. 35. Beet Salad: Whisk 1/2 cup vegetable oil with 2 tablespoons sugar, some lime juice, dry mustard, salt, chopped onion and 1 tablespoon poppy seeds. Toss with roasted beets and goat cheese. 36. Celery Salad: Mix sliced celery and red onion with diced soppressata. Toss with lemon juice and zest, basil, a big splash of olive oil, salt and pepper shave Parmesan on top.
Read Also: Mac And Cheese Recipe Tasty
Everyones Favorite Salad Recipes
Lets start with some of my top salad recipes that everyone always comes back to. Theyre crazy good, perfect for any occasion , and are so darn easy to make.
- Broccoli Salad: No joke, this is everyones go-to salad, no matter what time of year it is. Its perfect as a Thanksgiving side dish or summer barbecue salad. Plus, it holds up well in the fridge as the perfect meal prep salad.
- Salmon Avocado Salad: Topping a salad with warm, pan seared salmon really takes it up a notch. And you cant beat those creamy avocado slices.
- Chicken Salad: When the warm weather hits, this chicken salad is a must. Its deliciously creamy, crunchy, fresh, and will convince you to never buy store-bought chicken salad again.
- Caprese Salad: Ill gladly eat layers of fresh tomato, mozzarella, and basil on repeat. Just drizzle a little balsamic glaze for a summer classic that never fails to please.
- Tuna Salad: If you love my chicken salad, this tuna version is a no brainer. And all you really need is canned tuna, mayo, dijon mustard, and some fresh greens and herbs.
Easy Side Salad Recipes
These quick and easy side salads will complement just about any meal. And bonus, most of them only require 10 minutes to make cant beat that!
- Easy Cucumber Salad: This light, cooling salad is as easy as slicing up some cucumbers and red onions, and tossing them with fresh dill, and a lightly sweetened vinaigrette.
- Massaged Kale Salad: Wonder how to get your kale super soft in a salad? Just massage it with olive oil! Then pair it with some lemon juice, salt, and fresh parmesan for the perfect winter side salad.
- Israeli Salad: Inspired by my travels to Israel, this vibrant, fresh salad is always my go-to for a summer side. Its a mound of fresh tomatoes, cucumber, bell pepper, onion, and loads of fresh herbs. Just how I like it.
- Lentil Salad with Cucumber: This throw-together salad is a combo of fresh veggies and lentils, with hints of sweet dates. A sweet and savory combo!
Also Check: Hot Apple Cider With Whiskey Recipe
More Side Salad Recipes:
If youre looking for more side salad inspiration, check out the rest of our simple everyday salad recipe collection, which includes simple recipes for Kale Salad, Italian Salad, Mexican Salad, Mediterranean Salad, and Sesame Slaw. Or feel free to check out some of our readers other favorite green salad recipes, including
Serving Recommendations For Healthy Salad Recipes
While some salads are main dish dinner worthy, other salads are perfect as a side salad. Even when a salad is a meal you may want an appetizer to tide hungry appetites over until everything is ready.
- Casseroles: A salad really adds a spot of fresh green to the table when served with cabbage roll casserole, ground turkey quinoa casserole and zucchini casserole.
- Meatless Meals: Enjoy a hearty veggie filled meal when you pair salad with zucchini potato bake, spaghetti, or chili mac.
A salad really can be enjoyed at every meal. Have a salad for lunch, followed by a healthy snack in the afternoon. Browse additional cleaning eating dinner ideas, top healthy sides or lunch recipes to come up with your own healthy meal combination!
Read Also: Fun Cooking Recipes For Kids
Creamy Salad Recipes That Are Extra Versatile
Creamy salads are my go-to when it comes to making something easy, delicious, and extremely versatile. You can eat them straight out of the bowl, toss them in a wrap, layer into a sandwich, and more! But the best part is that they can be stored in the fridge for up to 4-5 days. Now thats what I call a meal prep savior!
- Broccoli Tuna Salad: A simple way to sneak more greens into a classic tuna salad is by simply mixing it with broccoli rice. And the broccoli is so minuscule, most wont even know its there.
- Egg Salad: This classic creamy salad is a no brainer when youve got some hard boiled eggs on hand. Just chop them up and mix with mayo, dijon mustard, red onion and fresh herbs for a healthy lunch.
- Avocado Egg Salad: And if youre an avocado lover like me, mash it into your egg salad for a delicious variation loaded with healthy fats.
- Potato Salad: You can never go wrong with a giant bowl of potato salad for parties, potlucks, or family functions. Its deliciously creamy, crunchy, and nostalgic.
- Curried Egg Salad: A sprinkle of curry spice adds an exciting twist to egg salad. Plus the addition of green onions and grated carrots make it extra healthy and delicious.
If you make any of these salad recipes, let me know how it turned out! Id love to hear what you think in the comments below.
How To Cut Off A Citrus Peel
The only piece of technique in this citrus salad is cutting off the orange peel. Cutting off the peel removes all the tough pith and makes for a clean-looking salad. Its actually the first step in our How to Cut an Orange method, which is also a French method called cutting it into supremes. Youll use the same method for oranges and grapefruits here. Heres how to cut off a citrus peel for this salad:
- Step 1: Slice off the ends. Use a large chefs knife to slice off both ends of the orange. Make sure youve cut through all of the pith and can see some of the orange flesh.
- Step 2: Cut off the peel. Angle your knife and follow the round shape of the orange to remove the peel. Be careful not to cut too much of the orange flesh away.
Recommended Reading: Cream Cheese Dip Recipes For Crackers
How To Build Exciting Unboring Salads
The term salad doesnt just mean some lettuce drizzled with a dressing or vinaigrette. Instead, think of it as a meal that has multiple layers of flavor , texture , and color . Honestly, a salad is the most wonderful blank canvas to let your creativity run wild. So have fun with it. Heres a few ideas to get you started.
- Build layers of flavor. Start with a vegetable base, mix in seasonal ingredients, add filling protein, toss in some healthy fats, and drizzle a tasty dressing or sauce.
- Get creative with textures. Aim for a variety of textures with every bite it makes the salad more interesting! For example, start with a soft spinach base, then toss it with crisp bell pepper, juicy tomatoes, and crunchy nuts and seeds.
- Make your salad colorful. While green may form the base of your salad, remember that nutrient variety comes from color variety. So try to make your salad as vibrant as can be.The more color the better!
Blackberry Salad With Balsamic Vinaigrette
This blackberry salad is classic and chic: baby greens, soft goat cheese and smoked almonds bring a nuance of flavor thats extraordinary for the amount of prep time required. And top it off with our famous creamy Best Balsamic Vinaigrette dressing. Alex and I dreamed up this salad, and upon first bite, both declared Wow. See also: Beet Salad and Blueberry Salad.
Don’t Miss: Simple Healthy Recipes For Two
Change It Up: Go Latin
- Use chopped cilantro instead of mint.
- Use 1 tablespoon finely chopped red onion instead of shallot.
- Use lime juice instead of white wine vinegar.
Arugula Egg And Charred Asparagus Salad
Just a hint of char on the asparagus adds fantastic complexity to this simple 5-ingredient spring salad. Look for medium stalks rather than pencil-thin onesthose would char and dry out too quickly. A soft-boiled egg adds protein and richness let the slightly runny yolks mingle with the rest of the salad before enjoying. Whole-milk Greek yogurt has a lusciousness and milder tang than lower-fat yogurt. It’s the perfect binder for the lemony dressing. Serve with a slice of multigrain bread spread with goat cheese and a dash of cracked black pepper.
Also Check: Recipe For Green Juice For Weight Loss
Asparagus Salad With Feta
Want a salad recipe thats as tasty as it is versatile? Enter: asparagus salad! Its got savory sauteed asparagus, cooked up in a hot pan for a few minutes then spritzed with lemon. Serve on a bed of greens and sprinkle with peppery radishes and feta crumbles. A zingy Dijon mustard dressing tops it off! Even better: you can serve as a side dish, or add cooked quinoa and make it a main dish salad.
What To Serve With This Citrus Salad
This citrus salad is so simple and refreshing, its up there in our list of favorite salad recipes. Its a vegan salad that goes well with plant-based meals, and a great winter salad for when citrus abounds. The vibe goes with almost anything you could imagine ! Its got a bit of a Mediterranean-style or Italian vibe, so it pairs nicely with meals in that style. Its a lovely side for lasagna or salmon. Here are some of our favorite ideas for pairing:
- Favorite Vegan Lasagna or Spicy Kale Lasagna This salad is perfect side to offset the richness of lasagna.
You May Like: Philadelphia Cream Cheese Banana Bread Recipe
Use The Dijon Mustard Dressing On Any Salad
The dressing for this salad is simple and tangy: made with Djion mustard, vinegar and olive oil. Its actually a half recipe of our famous Dijon mustard dressing. Its a vinaigrette that works on just about anything! Here are some salads it would be perfect on:
- Asparagus Salad with Feta This salad uses the Dijon dressing to amp up sauteed asparagus, feta, greens and crunchy veggies.
- Perfect Italian Salad This classic Italian American salad works well with Djion dressing, too!
- Classic Spinach Salad Spinach salads are fantastic with this dressing.
Easy Healthy Salad Recipes
At first thought, the idea of eating a salad for lunch or dinner may seem unappealing, considering salads have a bad reputation for being boring. But there are countless healthy salad recipes that are so delicious, you’ll instantly forget you’re having a plate full of leafy greens. The key is knowing how to make an easy, healthy salad that is full of flavor but not empty calories.
“For salads you want to think about color, adding in a variety of veggies so that you get in that wide range of vitamins think of the rainbow,” Brigitte Zeitlin, registered dietitian and owner of BZ Nutrition, tells Woman’s Day. “Then, you want to add in a protein, like chicken, salmon, tuna, shrimp, tofu, edamame, chickpeas, or beans.” Finally, she suggests topping it off with two tablespoons of two different healthy fats, like avocado, nuts, cheese, or dressing.
You May Like: Sex On The Beach Shot Recipe
Italian Vegan Pasta Salad
This Italian pasta salad is full of zesty flavor, featuring lots of veggies, kalamata olives, capers, and crisp romaine. Its like eating pasta and salad all at once! Not only is it delicious, but the romaine and veggies helps you feel satisfied eating less pasta overall. Instead of relying on cheese for flavor, this one is tangy and salty without the dairy! Its one of our tried and true easy vegan salad recipes.
Want another bean salad? Try our Dill Bean Salad.