How To Freeze Hershey Kiss Cookies
Hershey Kiss Cookies freeze beautifully, and all you need to do to freeze them is allow them to cool to room temperature, then transfer them to an airtight, freezer-safe container or a freezer-safe zip-top, gallon-sized bag.
If using a container, try to use one that houses the cookies snugly, but not such a tight fit that they are crammed to the point of breaking. If using a zip-top bag, be sure to remove as much air as possible before sealing.
How To Make Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies
- First preheat your oven to 350. Some recipes request that you preheat oven to 375 but I find that they are less likely to dry out when they are baked at the lower temperature.
- Then cream together the ½ cup sugar, brown sugar, butter and peanut butter until smooth.
- Next add egg and vanilla and beat together into the butter mixture. Then whisk together flour, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl.
- After those ingredients are thoroughly combined, slowly add dry ingredients to the creamed mixture, beating until incorporated.
- Next shape the dough into 24 1 balls and place them on baking sheets several inches apart. After you have rolled the dough, then gently make an indentation in the center of each cookie just like in the photo below. You could sprinkle some sugar before baking.
- Finally, bake them in the preheated oven for 12-14 minutes. After this cooking time, remove from the oven and place a Hershey Kiss in the center of each cookie.
- Then move the cookies to a cooling rack at room temperature and allow for them to cool completely which usually takes around 30 minutes.
Why Are My Peanut Butter Blossoms Falling Apart
Honestly, it could be for a number of reasons.
- Handling too soon after baking. Freshly baked cookies need time to cool off and set
- The cookies were under baked and just needed a bit more time in the oven
- If the crumbles are dry, it may be the cookies were over baked, have too much flour in them , or you skimped on the peanut butter by using not enough, a cheap brand, or using natural peanut butter
- Other common culprits are using a cheap baking sheet, overworking the dough , or using an oven that runs hot.
And there you have it my friends! The BEST Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies you will ever try! Merry Christmas to all!
You May Like: Pistachio Martini Recipe With Amaretto
How To Store Hershey Kiss Cookies
I like to pack these into a pretty Christmas tin lined with wax paper. I usually make two layers, with a layer of wax paper or foil in between each. That way the cookies dont freeze together.
- Counter: Most cookies will keep stored at room temperature for up to 2 to 3 weeks.
- Fridge: If stored in the fridge they will keep even longer.
- Freezer: Alternatively, freeze Hershey Kiss Cookies in an airtight freezer-safe container . Most cookies can keep in the freezer for up to six months
Bon appetit! I hope your family enjoys this recipe as much as mine does!
Giving Kiss Cookies Without Peanut Butter As Gifts
Whenever I give cookies as gifts, I always label with the bag with main ingredients in case anyone has a food allergy.
For more ideas see Allergy Sensitive Recipes and the Dessert Recipes here on ChaChingQueen.
Also visit my board with a collection of budget-friendly dessert recipes. There are paleo and gluten-free desserts, as well as yummy dessert recipes of all kinds for the family and parties.
If you have tried this Nut-free Kiss Cookies Recipe, please re-pin and share it with others.
Don’t Miss: Recipes Aidells Chicken Apple Sausage
Easy Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies
This recipe only calls for a few ingredients and if youre looking for a classic holiday favorite dessert, this is it!
- ¼ cup softened unsalted butter
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- 16 Hershey Kiss chocolates
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a large baking sheet and set aside.
In a large mixing bowl combine softened butter and peanut butter. Mix with a hand or stand mixer until light and fluffy.
Add in both sugars and mix until well combined.
Add in egg and vanilla and stir until just combined.
Mix together flour, salt, and baking soda and add into the wet mixture and mix until a dough forms.
**Note: If the dough is sticky to the touch or hard to roll into a ball, refrigerate for 30 minutes to 1 hour to allow it to firm up.
Take about 1 tbsp of dough and roll into balls and dip in sugar to coat.
Place about 2 inches away from each other on the prepared baking sheet. Continue with all the dough.
The Perfect Hershey Kisses Cookies:
This recipe for peanut butter blossoms is easy to make and I know that you and your family will enjoy making them together. I especially love how easy the ingredients are. The ingredients are staple ingredients that are always in my pantry.
Here are some helpful tips to make sure you Hershey Kiss Cookies come out perfectly:
- Set your egg and butter so they are room temperature before mixing
- You can easily cut this dough in half and freeze the half
- Press your Hershey Kiss in the center of the dough as soon as the cookie is done baking
Recommended Reading: Lime Margarita On The Rocks Recipe
Tips From The Betty Crocker Kitchens
- tip 1 For more festive fun, roll the cookies in coarse sparkling sugar or colored decorating sugar before baking.
- tip 2 Trade the chocolate kiss candies for mini peanut butter cups or a chunk of caramel-filled chocolate bar for a delicious twist.
- tip 3 Use a cookie scoop to keep your dough balls all the same size. Cookies bake best when they are uniform in size and shape.
- tip 4 If you are planning on baking these for a Christmas-cookie marathon, take a look at our Tips for Holiday Power Baking for help making your baking day a fun and family-favorite tradition.
- tip 5 Make these cookies gluten free with this easy-to-make recipe for Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Blossoms that have the same taste and texture as the classic recipe!
Freezing And Storing Instructions
You can keep your Peanut Butter Blossoms out at room temperature for about 5-6 days in a well-sealed, airtight container. They will be at their best within 1-2 days of baking. Dont put them in the fridge, they will dry out faster than you can even get yourself a glass of milk, no thanks. If youre hoping to have them last longer than a week, definitely plan on freezing them.
Freezing the dough: Peanut Butter Blossoms are super easy to freeze! My favorite method for freezing is to follow the instructions all the way up through scooping the dough into balls. Then, instead of rolling them in sugar, place them on a cookie sheet and flash freeze. After about 30 minutes, move the frozen cookie balls to a gallon size freezer bag and label. Once youre ready to bake them, remove them one at a time, roll in sugar well, and place on the cookie sheet. Bake as directed in the instructions, straight from frozen. The cookies may need to bake a few minutes longer from frozen, so keep an eye on them.
Don’t Miss: Bloody Mary Tito’s Recipe
Cookies That Bring Back Memories
Doesnt it seem that the best recipes are inspired by warm childhood memories and scents of home? The sweet scent of homemade peanut butter cookies wafting from an oven is unmistakable, and I knew when Grandma had a batch baking as soon as I walked through the door. She would pull them out, mark them decoratively with the tines of her fork, and dish them out with a generous smile.
Peanut butter cookies were a special treat. In our own home, mom was chocolate chip all the way, and truth be told, Im all about the chocolate. So when I set out to make the worlds greatest homemade peanut butter cookie for my little at-home bakery , there was no second-guessing chocolate would most definitely be involved.
Hersheys Kisses Shortbread Cookies
Nothing beats Christmas cookies during the holiday season! These Hersheys Kisses shortbread cookies can be made with any type of Hersheys Kiss, but I prefer Hugs because they give you a bit of both worlds.
I am going to be straight-forward here: I have been making these Hersheys Kisses shortbread cookies for years, and while this recipe has been on my site for a long time, I am finally just now getting around to remodeling them! Much photography, writing, and general blog-improving has taken place during these years, let me tell you!
Alright, I have mentioned before that my neighbour and I get together every December to bake loads of cookies. Our husbands coworkers love the cookies and this year I made sure to make extra shortbread cookies because they are the big hit for most. I changed up my regular Christmas cookies a tad and decided to try a recipe that I had seen floating around Pinterest. If you want to try a delicious and chewy cookie with a hint of crisp sugar and cinnamon on top, please check out this Snickerdoodle recipe. UPDATE: My Caramilk Stuffed Snickerdoodles have been updated as well, and are just as great as ever! They will change your life!
You May Like: Knorr Recipes With Ground Beef
Tips And Tricks For Perfect Thumbprint Hershey Kiss Cookies
- Use a name brand cookie like Pillsbury to ensure the quality of the taste.
- Start unwrapping the kisses as soon as you put the cookies in the oven because that takes more time than anything.
- Allow the cookies to cool for quite a bit before placing the kisses so that the hot cookie doesnt melt the kiss.
- When storing these cookies, lay in a single layer in a plastic container, put a sheet of parchment or wax paper over the top and then stack the next layer, otherwise the kisses will want to fall off.
Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies With Hershey Kisses
The final Peppermint Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies are not only pretty, but delicious! So wonderfully soft to bite into, with the crunch of the hershey kisses. I love the chocolate and peppermint flavor combination just perfect!
You might also like:
- Total Time:1 hour 10 minutes
- Yield:26-28 cookies
- 2628 Candy Cane Hersheys Kisses
You May Like: On Cooking 6th Edition Recipes
What Is The Difference Between A Sugar Cookie And A Shortbread Cookie
Sugar cookies are lighter than shortbread, which tend to be thick and dense.
Thats because shortbread is made with twice the amount of butter as sugar, creating a richer texture overall. Sugar cookies also require baking soda or powder to give them extra lift.
These Hershey Kiss Cookies Without Peanut Butter are made with a shortbread cookie to create that richer texture that goes great with a Hershey kiss on top!
How To Make Hershey Kiss Cookies
These are lovely and easy cookies. They look decadent but the beauty is that it only takes a few minutes to throw these together.
Thats all there is to it, but the results are to die for! Double chocolate bliss!
You May Like: Easy Pancake Recipe For Kids
Kiss Cookies Recipe The Classic Peanut Butter Blossoms Without Peanut Butter
For this hershey kiss sugar cookies no peanut butter recipe, youll need a stand mixer. I love my Kitchen Aid Mixer. If you dont have a stand mixer, a hand mixer will do.
- 1/2cuppowdered sugaroptional for rolling
Beat with stand mixer or a hand mixer butter, egg, sugar, and vanilla extract until well blended.
We needed nut-free cookies for a class party. I searched the internet, combined a few recipes and came up with my own version of a Kiss Cookies Recipe without peanut butter.
Kiss Cookies Without Peanut Butter
One year, I wanted to make some cookies for the kids teachers for Teacher Appreciation Week. If you know me well, you know I love desserts.
I have a and another board named . Usually, I make Meringue Cookies because they are easy and quick, but I wasnt sure how they would hold up in the gift bag. Meringue cookies dont travel well, especially not in a Ziploc baggie in a gift bag.
I needed a quick, easy dessert, so I decided to make some Hersheys Kiss cookies .
Recommended Reading: Fiesta Ranch Dip Mix Recipe
How Do You Send Peanut Blossom Cookies
Ahh, you must love someone a whole lot to send them freshly baked cookies. Bless your heart!
- Make sure the cookies are completely cooled. I would actually freeze them completely so that they have the best chance of maintaining their shape.
- Pack them tightly in an airtight plastic container with a lid. You want the cookies to fill the whole container to prevent them from moving around and breaking.
- Fill any empty space at the top of the container with crumpled up wax or parchment paper.
- Place the plastic container in a box and surround completely with bubble wrap. Its Christmastime and you know this box is about to go through hell. Give your cookies a chance. Use the bubble wrap.
- Its best to ship them the same day theyre baked, so plan ahead to get them baked early in the day to have time to cool, package, and get them off to the post office.
Looking For Hersheys Kiss Cookies With No Peanut Butter
On the Hersheys Kisses bag theres a recipe for Kiss Cookies, but that recipe had peanut butter. Some of the kids in one of the classes have peanut allergies. I was not sure about the other class.
I searched the internet for hershey kiss cookie variations, combined a few hershey kisses cookie recipes, and came up with my own version of this recipe without peanut butter.
Also Check: Dr Oz Rapid Weight Loss Recipes
This Feature Is Not Available With Your Current Cookie Settings
Peanut butter and chocolate come together in these great cookies made with Gold MedalÂ® all-purpose flour. Ready in an hour!
- Small check mark in a circle icon 1/2cup granulated sugar
- Small check mark in a circle icon 1/2cup packed brown sugar
- Small check mark in a circle icon 1/2cup creamy peanut butter
- Small check mark in a circle icon 1/2cup butter or margarine, softened
- Small check mark in a circle icon 1egg
- Small check mark in a circle icon 1 1/2cups Gold Medalâ¢ all-purpose flour
- Small check mark in a circle icon 3/4teaspoon baking soda
- Small check mark in a circle icon 1/2teaspoon baking powder
- Small check mark in a circle icon Additional granulated sugar
- Small check mark in a circle icon About 36 Hershey’sÂ® KissesÂ® Brand milk chocolates, unwrapped
Hershey Kiss Cookies Without Peanut Butter
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on a link and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. For more information, please read my disclaimer here.
Sharing is caring!
These Hershey Kiss cookies without peanut butter are everything you love in a classic blossom cookie without the peanut butter. I think they taste even better!
This one goes out to all of you non-peanut butter cookie lovers. This recipe will give you results that are both chewy and buttery, but without all that peanut butter taste.
Plus, the Hershey kiss on top adds that chocolatey goodness you love!
Prefer peanut butter cookies? Try these 4-Ingredient Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies!
You probably have all of the ingredients in your fridge and pantry already. This recipe yields 46 thumbprints so youll have plenty for a party or for freezing to snack on later.
These are easy to make and require a prep time of just 20 minutes. This recipe makes for a unique Christmas cookie! You can also make them with your kids for a fun and easy afternoon of baking.
Head to your kitchen, grab your apron and anything else you may need, and lets get started!
Heres what Im going to teach you in this post:
When youve finished creating this thumbprint recipe, youll know how to make chewy, chocolatey Hershey Kiss cookies with shortbread for holidays, parties, or for yourself to enjoy!
Recommended Reading: Progresso Chicken And Wild Rice Soup Recipe