How Long To Cook Pork Chops In Oven
Time in the oven really depends on the pork chop thickness and your oven. In a 400°F oven, count on 7-8 minutes per half-inch of thickness for boneless pork chops with 1-2 minutes more for bone-in chops. For example, 1-inch thick boneless pork chops will take about 15 minutes.
The only reliable way to check doneness is by inserting an instant-read thermometer into the middle of the chop. When the internal temperature reaches 145°F, remove from the oven. Avoid cutting into the meat, as the juices will escape and dry out the meat.
Note: The meat may still be faintly pink at 145°F and its normal as well as safe according to the USDA.
How To Oven Bake Pork Chops So They Are Juicy Flavorful And Tender
Oven baked pork chops are fast and easy, you simply pop them in and let them cook while you prep the rest of the dinner. This is my favorite pork chop recipe! The time has come my friends, to enjoy pork chops like they have always been meant to enjoy. Tender. Juicy. Succulent. Does this sound like the pork chops that you ate growing up? Of course it doesnt!
Our parents had to cook the ever living heck out of pork and we ate shoe leather as children. Mr Magpie actually wouldnt eat pork chops until the new recommended pork cooking temps came out. We honestly didnt eat much pork the first ten years of our marriage. Now, this is an often requested weeknight dinner!
What To Do With Leftovers
Pork can be finicky when reheating, so Ill sometimes eat it cold. One great way to re-use leftover pork in to add it to my Egg Fried Rice which is something I do often. Make sure to dice the pork up into small, bite-sized pieces and saute them in a little butter to heat them before adding them to the rice.
Here are some more delicious pork recipes to try:
You May Like: Chicken And Rice Recipe With Cream Of Chicken Soup
How To Make Baked Stuffed Pork Chops
To stuff this stuffed pork chops recipe, you want to start out with a decently thick cut. I recommend at least 1-inch in thickness, but you could make it work with a little more or a little less.
Working on a cutting board, turn the chop so that the fatty side is down. then slice lengthwise into the opposite side, slowly cutting into the center and working your way down.
Cut until youre almost to the fatty side, but you want to save enough space so that they dont tear open while theyre baking. You also want to leave the two shorter sides completely intact.
The place as much stuffing in the pocket as you can while the chop is still able to stay closed on its own. I can usually get about 1/2 cup into each.
How Long Should I Cook Pork Chops In The Oven
The cook time for baked pork chops will vary depending on how thick your chops are. That said, they wont need very long in the oven.
For example, boneless pork chops about 1-inch thick will need a 2 to 3 minute sear in the skillet and then 8 to 15 minutes of bake time in the oven.
Thinner chops will cook much quicker, and thicker chops may take a few minutes longer a temperature thermometer is your best bet for checking doneness.
Pork is done when the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees Fahrenheit.
If you do not have a thermometer, you will know they are done if the juices run clear when cutting into the chops.
Recommended Reading: Mac And Cheese Dinner Recipes
Side Dishes For Pork Chops:
- Broccoli- We like to steam broccoli in the microwave. It takes only minutes and everyone loves it.
- We also like Roasted green beans for another easy veggie idea.
- Grilled Asparagus or roast asparagus is so good and a healthy side dish.
- Quick and Easy Weeknight Macaroni and Cheese one pot and easy! We love homemade macaroni and cheese.
- Salad- You cant go wrong with a quick and easy side salad.
- Potatoes Bake Potatoes, Mashed Potatoes, Sweet Potatoes and Buttered Potatoes would be a great side.
- A side of rice pilaf is always a perfect side that goes well with pork chops.
What Essential Kitchen Tools Should I Prepare To Make These Recipes
The boneless pork chop recipes below are all quick and easy to make, but only if you have the right set of kitchen tools. Make sure that you are well-equipped before you start trying out these recipes.
Here are some highly recommended kitchen tools that will come in handy not just in making these boneless pork chop dishes but other recipes too. Do not forget to check them out.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Don’t Miss: Bloody Mary Tito’s Recipe
How To Choose Boneless Pork Chops
Boneless pork chops, also known as Americas cut or pork loin fillet are super easy to find in grocery stores, butcher shops or even order pork online. Boneless chops are often pre-packaged, but they come in different sizes and thicknesses.
Make sure to choose pork chops of the same size and thickness so the meat will cook evenly and do not forget to use a meat thermometer. Pork chops end up dry and tough when overcooked. Pork is cooked through once it reaches the internal temperature of 145 degrees Fahrenheit.
If youre interested in making stuffed chops, search for thicker pork chops, about 1.5 to 2 inches, and thinner if youre making breaded recipes. Boneless pork chops cook fast so make sure that you keep an eye on them as you cook.
How Do I Make Tender Pork Chops In The Oven
Trust me when I say that this is about as easy as it gets!
You need just 4 ingredients for these marinated baked pork chops: Italian salad dressing, Dijon mustard, and brown sugar…
plus 4 thick-cut boneless pork chops.
To start, pat the pork dry with a paper towel and season with salt and pepper. Place the chops in a large baking dish.
Whisk together the Italian dressing, mustard, and brown sugar to form the most delicious sweet-and-savory sauce. This marinade would also be perfect for grilled pork chops or chicken!
Pour the marinade over the pork chops and your job is DONE! See how simple that is?
Also Check: Medi Weight Loss Dessert Recipes
Baked Stuffed Pork Chops
Repeat after me. One week until we get to go back to Stars Hollow. One week. Could I be more excited? No. I couldnt. Im probably going to lock myself in my room and watch all 6 hours while eating Toblerlone all by myself.
Maybe Ill let Marc watch it with me, but there will be no talking and no distractions. If that means that I have to wait an entire week to watch it, I will.
In the mean time, Ill be using up my Thanksgiving leftovers with these baked stuffed pork chops. As some of you may recall, Sookie wants to serve her baked stuffed pork chops to unsuspecting vegetarians at the inn.
Of course, that idea is a little cruel, but the idea of baked stuffed pork chops is great. Especially since pork chops themselves can be kind of blah.
Ive been trying to remedy the stale pork chop problem, by creating some new and exciting recipes for them like my pork piccata and my apple butter pork chops, and I think these baked stuff pork chops definitely fit into that category.
Plus, theyre a great way to use up leftover Thanksgiving stuffing. Of course, if you dont have leftover stuffing, you can make this with a quick stovetop stuffing instead. I also think the recipe would be really great with some cornbread stuffing.
Baked Pork Chop Recipes
I love pork chops in oven.
How to bake pork chops?
I am sure many of you have had dry, tough and rubbery recipes with the pork tasting like a shoe.
To get tender oven baked pork chops with juicy meat, you need to know how long to bake, at what temperature and the baking time.
My easy recipe takes only 5 minutes prep time and calls for only four ingredients:
- Bone-in center cut pork chops
- Thyme or other herbs such as parsley, rosemary or oregano.
The recipe yields tender pork chops in oven for the entire family.
All you have to do is just shake, mix all the ingredients together and the oven will do the all the work!
Read Also: Fiesta Ranch Dip Mix Recipe
Pork Chops Recipe Ingredients
This oven baked pork chop recipe uses a very simple dry rub that is super flavorful. However, feel free to customize the seasonings and spices if you prefer.
- Pork Chops: In this recipe, I use boneless pork chops that are 1-inch thick minimum. Bone-in pork chops are also an excellent option.
- Olive Oil: Canola oil, avocado oil and coconut oil can be used as well.
- Seasonings: Brown sugar, garlic powder, paprika, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
How Long To Bake Pork Chops
The best way to keep your pork chops from drying out is to bake them at high temperature for a shorter amount of time. I bake my pork chops at 425° F. At this temperature, 1-inch thick boneless pork chops take between 15-20 minutes to cook.
After your pork chops have cooked for about 12 minutes, you will want to check on them often. They will cook quickly at the end, so it is easy to over cook pork chops if you dont watch them closely.
You can use an instant read thermometer to check the internal temperature of the pork chops. This is the most accurate way to check that they are cooked through.
The USDA recommends that you cook pork chops to an internal temperature of at least 145° F and then allow the meat to rest for at least 3 minutes, for food safety. I cook my pork chops to an internal temperature of 145-150° F. After removing the pan from the oven, let the meat rest for about 5 minutes. The temperature of the meat will continue to rise about 5 degrees due to carryover cooking.
You May Like: Meals On A Tight Budget Recipes
Is This A Healthy Grilled Pork Chop Recipe
Yes! Pork chops are lean meat and a healthy main dish option. They are low in saturated fat and calories and high in protein. While you’ll often find sugar added to pork chop recipes, I think it’s totally unnecessary to take a healthy cut of meat and add unhealthy sugar. The paprika and onion powder in the marinade add the perfect gentle sweetness to this recipe so there is no need for sugar.
This recipe is low-carb, gluten-free, paleo, sugar-free, and Whole30. But most importantly, it’s delicious!
No More Tough Dry Pork Chops
Ill be the first to admit, Ive never really been a fan of boneless pork chops. They always seem like a good idea, but they come out of the oven dry and tough. But you know what I figured out? It wasnt the porks fault! It was mine. I finally figured out that I was cooking the poor pork chops to death, and it was slow and painful.
Also Check: Recipes Using Ingredients I Have
What Kind Of Seasoning Should I Use For Oven Baked Pork Chops
- When seasoning pork, the sky is the limit! Pork chops are incredibly versatile. They have a mild flavor and can take to different kinds of seasoning.
- For this easy pork chop recipe, I seasoned the pork with a simple dry rub made with brown sugar, garlic powder, paprika and Italian seasoning.
- Spices like cumin and chili powder are also wonderful seasonings for pork chops. Take a look at these Baked Pork Chops with Southwest Dried Rub. They are so flavorful and easy to make!
Tips For Juicy Pork Chops
- Bake them at high temperature. This will caramelize the outsides and sear in the juices.
- Dont overcook pork chops. Take them out of the oven when the internal temperature is between 145 and 150° F.
- Let the baked pork chops rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing. This is the key to moist, juicy pork chops. You can loosely cover them with foil while they rest if you wish.
- Buy thick-cut pork chops that are at least 1-inch thick. Thin pork chops tend to dry out more easily.
- I usually cook boneless pork chops, but bone-in pork chops can be even more juicy because the bone helps to keep the meat moist.
Read Also: Spaghetti With Prego Pasta Sauce Recipe
Why I Love Pork Chops:
- Within about 20 minutes, I can sit down with my family and have a healthy delicious meal that everyone will love.
- Easy spices that I always have in my pantry and they turn out so good on these boneless pork chops.
- Pork Chops are budget friendly. Pork Chops are really easy to make and turn out so juicy and flavorful if you cook them just right.
- The sauce that the pork chops make is so good. I love to serve this as a side so we can either dip or pour over our veggies. This is a must that my family always look forward to.
- Pork Chops are perfect for any diet that you are on. Porks Chops are a lean meat that is low in calorie but high in protein.
- Pork Chops are perfect on the grill. Instead of making steak or chicken, I love to mix things up and grill some pork chops.
Tips For Perfect Chops
This recipe uses 3/4 thick boneless chops, if your chops are thicker or thinner, the time will need to be adjusted.
The brine keeps these tender and adds flavor. If you skip the brine you will need to add salt to the rub.
Do not overcook! Use a meat thermometer to ensure the pork reaches the right temperature without overcooking.
Pork should reach 145°F, just like pork tenderloin, its ok if the chops are a little bit pink in the middle.
Tip: Choose pork chops uniform in size and thickness so they all cook at the same rate.
You May Like: Philadelphia Cream Cheese Banana Bread Recipe
Tips For Making Baked Stuffed Pork Chops:
- Use your meat thermometer. Make sure you take the chops out when the reach 145F.
- Dont over stuff your pork chops. If you put too much in theyll break when baking. See photo above for reference.
- If youre using leftover stuffing, its ok to moisten it with a bit of water or broth before stuffing your chops.
Making A Sauce For Pork Tenderloin
We love this sauce! Not only does it help keep the pork tender, but it’s also delicious poured over everything on your plate.
- Beef stockâ we use it to deglaze the pan so that any of the delicious bits stuck on after searing the pork will be a part of the sauce.
- Apple cider vinegarâ adds the best flavor.
- Pork juice â as the pork bakes, it releases its liquid, which becomes part of the sauce. Yum!
There are no extra steps needed to make this sauce. Once the tenderloin is ready to serve, remove it from the pan and pour the pan juices over the sliced pork.
Recommended Reading: Drink Recipes Using Spiced Rum
How To Brine Pork Chops And Why
Brining may sounds like a difficult or tedious step, but its soooo crucial with a thick cut pork chops. And bonus brining pork chops is actually crazy simple.
The process of brining creates a chemical reaction that happens between the structure of the meat and the salt. It helps to tenderize the lean pork, which is exactly what we want. The longer you can brine your pork chops, the better, but give it at least 30 minutes.
- Wet Brine Fill a large bowl with warm water and stir in 1 tablespoon of kosher salt for every cup of water. Submerge your pork chops in the water and if youre doing a quick brine, let them sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes. For longer brining, cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for up to 24 hours.
- Dry Brine Place the pork chops on a plate or cutting board and pat dry with paper towels. Sprinkle kosher salt all over the pork chops and cover loosely with plastic wrap. Let sit out on counter until room temperature, at least 30 to 45 minutes.
- Pat Dry After wet or dry brining the pork, make sure to pat dry with paper towels. No need to rinse with water, the pork will not be overly salty when baked.
Is This Baked Pork Chop Recipe Healthy
Yes! Pork chops are lean meat and are low in calories and fat and high in protein. This is a healthy pork chop recipe as it is made without any sugar. Pork recipes will often call for sugar, but it is really not necessary. There is no reason to take a healthy cut of meat and add a bunch of sugar to it. These chops are sugar-free and delicious.
They are also low-carb, gluten-free, and paleo.
READ MORE: Juicy Baked Chicken Thighs
Read Also: Hidden Valley Ranch Beef Recipes
Pork Chop Recipe Tips
- Turn these oven baked pork chops into a sheet pan meal by adding a few veggies to the baking pan. Simply place the vegetables on the pan and drizzle/season with olive oil, salt and black pepper. Bake and voila! Red bell peppers, zucchini, yellow squash, asparagus and mushrooms work well. If you prefer adding potatoes or sweet potatoes, they must be cut into small pieces so they cook in the same amount of time as the pork.
- If you are following a Paleo diet, make Paleo Pork Chops by swapping the sugar with coconut sugar. For Whole 30 and Keto diets, remove the brown sugar from the spice mix and add 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder. You can also rub the chops with olive oil and a thin layer of mustard for added flavor!
- These pork chops can be stored in the refrigerator, in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- This baked pork chop recipe is gluten free!
Wondering what to serve with these delicious Boneless Baked Pork Chops? Here are a few side dishes for you: