How Do You Make A Tater Tot Casserole
You really just need to cook up the beef filling which only takes about 15 minutes. Next, stir it together with a couple of jars of store bought gravy and youre almost done. OR you can make our 5 minute, homemade beef gravy if you dont have a jar of brown gravy!
Couldnt be easier than that. My teenager can even do it, and he loves it so much that he will make it for himself. You know, a late night snack if you will. Thats life in our house.
Layering the tater tots on top of the beef filling will probably take the most time for this casserole recipe, but its going to be SO worth it. The tater tots get crispy on top of the beef filling, bubbling over with gravy
Get your casserole in the oven to bake for 30-35 minutes until the tater tots are golden brown and that beef filling is bubbling up with gravy. Depending on the frozen tater tots that you are using, you might need a few more or a few less minutes in the oven to get the tots crispy and brown.
Now call the kids over if they arent standing there hovering alreadybecause they are going to want this dinner more than they know.
Just to let you know how good this dinner casserole is, my little guy still doesnt like peas. He eats plenty of other vegetables and a salad with dinner every night but peas are a hard no for him.
Unless its in this Ground Beef Tater Tot Casserole because its so good he cant be bothered to stop and pick them out of there!
How To Make The Tot
Simply bake frozen tater tots until theyre done, transfer them to an oven-proof skillet, top with taco-seasoned ground beef, cheese, and bake until the cheese melts.
So easy but so good and just a handful of ingredients. The crispy tater tots are the perfect layering food for the juicy ground beef, melted cheese, and cool fresh tomatoes.
Buffet And Potluck Favorite
In fact, you might want to double the recipe to make sure everyone gets some. This is one of those kids-to-adults favorites.
Casseroles are always a great item to bring to a potluck or covered dish dinner. You dont have to limit yourself to one.
If you want to be a huge hit with everyone, bring hamburger tater tot casserole and the mac and cheese with ham.
When youre hosting a casual dinner party, consider making several casseroles. Another one youll enjoy is this delicious cheesy zucchini ham bake.
Read Also: Mac And Cheese Recipe Step By Step
Fast Easy Perfect For Parties
The tot-chos are easy, ready in no time, and are perfect for parties of all kinds including Cinco de Mayo or game day parties.
I know hungry fans would love digging into these.
And this isnt the healthiest or most well-balanced dinner idea, but on a night youre craving some warm, cheesy, carby, comfort food and plan to curl up on the couch to catch up on your favorite shows, these are a perfect. No shame in admitting I have those nights.
What Size Baking Dish Do I Need
Tis casserole recipe would totally fit in a 9×9 or even an 8×8 baking dish but one of our favorite parts of this recipe is the corn flake topping.
We like as much topping as we can get so we use a 9×13 baking dish. Its amazing! I drizzle a little bit of melted butter right over the cornflakes before throwing it in the oven heavenly!
Don’t Miss: Chicken Alfredo Recipe Using Prego Sauce
Bacon Cheeseburger Tater Tot Casserole
Bacon Cheeseburger Tater Tot Casserole is an easy ground beef dinner recipe loaded with crumbled bacon and cheese, and topped with crispy tater tots.
Bacon Cheeseburger Tater Tot Casserole is a simple weeknight dinner recipe the whole family will enjoy.
This casserole starts with a base of hamburger meat tossed with diced onions, crumbled bacon, mayo, ketchup and mustard, topped with shredded cheese and tater tots.
This tater tot casserole recipe takes about an hour from start to finish and serves six people.
Printable Recipe Card with a Full List of Ingredients and Instructions is Located at the Bottom of the Post.
Be sure to read through the entire post so that you dont miss out on any important tips and tricks!
To make this cheeseburger casserole, I started by dumping two pounds of lean ground beef into a large saute pan over medium-high heat.
I added some diced onions to the pan with the ground beef while it was cooking.
I crumbled the ground beef well.
Once the ground beef was fully cooked, I removed the pan from the heat and drained the excess grease from the pan.
Then I added some crumbled bacon, mayo, ketchup, mustard, salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder to the pan with the ground beef.
I stirred until all of the ingredients were fully combined.
Then I dumped the mixture into a greased 9 x 13 inch baking dish and spread it out evenly.
I sprinkled some shredded cheddar and mozzarella cheese on top of the meat mixture.
Easy Chicken Broccoli And Rice Casserole
I love this casserole recipe because its about as easy as dinner can be. You guys, I dont even use a bowl. I mix it right up in the baking dish. Im lazy, what can I say?
Im using mostly store bought ingredients here so dinner comes together super fast. You will need cooked rice but leftover rice works too so use it if you have it.
Recommended Reading: Cream Cheese Dip Recipes For Crackers
Can You Make This Casserole Recipe Ahead Of Time
Yep! All you need to do is make the ground beef filling, pour it into a casserole dish, cover it with a layer of tater tots and get it in your refrigerator. Take the casserole out of the refrigerator about 30 minutes before cooking, then just cook following the directions below.
Because this beef casserole is so easy to make and can be made ahead, its perfect for busy nights at home or taking to a friends house for a potluck party or a dinner gift.
Hamburger Hotdish Tater Tot Casserole
I have been wanting to make Hamburger Hotdish Tater Tot Casserole for so long now, and I finally got around to making it! There is nothing I love more than a canned mushroom soup casserole and when you add crispy tater tots on top? Whoa Nellie, this is a new favourite!
Read Also: Beginner Dinner Recipes For Two
Tater Tot Casserole Recipe
Do you love cheeseburgers and tater tots? Well, then you will love this delicious casserole made with simple ingredients.
The easy tater tot casserole recipe is the perfect weeknight mealeasy to make, a family favorite, and kid-friendly.
Plus, its a great way to use up leftover hamburger meat.
So give this casserole a tryI promise you wont be disappointed.
How To Make Tater Tot Casserole:
My tater tot casserole recipe is so simple to make. A lot of times you will see hotdish made by the layering of ingredients with the meat first, then the soup, then the tater tots.
My version varies a bit from the traditional layering. But, I have found after making this casserole for years, that my way makes for the most flavorful casserole with the most accurate cooking time!
I start by cooking my ground beef with seasonings, then draining the grease if necessary. Instead of layering the casserole, then I mix the cooked beef together with two cans of soup, sour cream, the vegetables, and cheese.
Then, spread the beef mixture in the pan, and top with an even layer of tater tots. By mixing everything together, the meat has excellent flavor, and you dont have to worry about it drying out!
Don’t Miss: Low Carb Juice Cleanse Recipes
Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole
Anyone else struggle with coming up with new and exciting breakfast ideas each weekend?
Heres what I know to be fact: my kids are OBSESSED with tater tots. I swear I could put them on broccoli and they would think it was the best thing ever.
When I combine them with eggs, sausage, and cheese though? Magic you guys.
But casseroles arent just for dinner my friends
How To Make Tater Tot Casserole Recipe
- Lightly grease an 8 or 9-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Brown the ground beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Drain excess fat.
- Add the onions to the skillet and sauté for 4 to 5 minutes until translucent.
- Add the garlic and cook, stirring frequently, for an additional minute.
- Stir in Worcestershire sauce and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer ground beef mixture to the prepared baking dish and spread evenly.
- Top with cream of mushroom soup, followed by green beans, followed by the cheddar cheese. Make sure to season the green bean layer.
- Finally, top with tater tots.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until tater tots are golden brown and cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately.
Read Also: Milk And Egg Allergy Recipes
More Dinner Casseroles That You Will Love
- 5-ingredient ground beef casserole is a great dish for any time of year. Its perfect for large families or gatherings. Ground beef casseroles seem to always be a hit.
- I love anything with Ritz Crackers, and this chicken casserole with Ritz Crackers is a delicious meal.
- Chicken and biscuit casserole was a hit around here.
- Jiffy cheeseburger casserole is another easy meal to fix and tastes delicious.
Hamburger Hotdish With Tater Tots Casserole The Kitchen
Try standard casserole recipes such as Lancashire hot pot, or deviate with a spice-led Moroccan-inspired recipe. Not simply for cooler nights, a light and vibrant chicken casserole can be just the point for a mid-summer lunch.
Don’t Miss: Red Mountain Weight Loss Recipes
Cheesy Tater Tot Casserole The Best Hotdish Recipe
Casserole Recipes are preferred on the blog. Our Sweet Potato Casserole was made by hundreds of individuals as well as we have obtained lots of e-mails and also remarks about just how excellent it is. This Chicken Pasta Casserole as well as Turkey Tetrazzini are terrific alternatives for active weeknights, making dinner much easier and also perk point for scrumptious leftovers. Seeking even more Mac and Cheese recipes? Our Mac and Cheese Casserole is unbelievably popular, and also it makes sense why its absolutely fantastic.
We Love To Hear From You
If you try this tater tot hotdish casserole recipe or any other recipe on Suburban Simplicity, dont forget to rate the recipe and let us know how it went in the comments below we love hearing from you! Better yet, use the hashtag #suburbansimplicity if you make the recipe.
You can also , , , and to see more delicious food, fun crafts, + DIYs!
Read Also: Easy And Delicious Vegetarian Recipes
Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole Customizations
One of the most delicious ways to customize this casserole is with the topping. Here are some to consider:
Tater Tot Baked Casserole Variations
Fortunately, you can change up this delicious family dinner in a million different ways.
Your family will love any one of these Tater Tot Casserole variations! Try one today!
- Taco Tater Tot Casserole Green chiles or jalapeños, corn, diced tomatoes, and pepper jack cheese gives this recipe a spicy flavor
- Chili Tater Tot Casserole Add chili, corn, and olives to the base and top with tater tots and cheese
- Breakfast Tater Tot Casserole Layer those gorgeous, crispy tots with eggs, crumbled sausage, and cheese. You will not be disappointed!
- Green Bean Tater Tot Casserole to make your tater tot casserole with veggies, just add a 15-ounce can or about 2 cups frozen green beans.
- And, of course, you can make a Crock Pot Tater Tot Casserole!
Tater tots arent just for lunchrooms and cafeterias. You can enjoy them anytime. You can easily double this recipe to eat throughout the week, which is a huge time saver for busy moms!
Read Also: How To Create My Own Recipe Book
More Savory Casserole Recipes Youll Enjoy
- Use any kind of vegetables frozen or leftover
- Low carb? Use caulitots!
Nutritional information not guaranteed to be accurate
Hamburger Tater Tot Casserole with gravy is a great weeknight meal! A delicious ground beef and gravy filling is topped with crispy tater tots.
All text and images © DOROTHY KERN for Crazy for Crust. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe. Disclaimer: Nutrition information shown is not guaranteed to be accurate.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Best Ever Tater Tot Casserole
Best Ever Tater Tot Casserole is a classic comfort food recipe that everyone loves! This casserole is packed full of meat, green beans, corn, soup, and cheese for a totally satisfying dinner!
Don’t Miss: Recipes For Cancer Patients With Diabetes
What You Need To Make This Tater Tot Casserole
- With all those layers you need at least a 2-inch deep 8 or 9 inch baking dish. Square, round, oblong doesnt matter!
- You dont want large pieces of garlic in this casserole so you can either buy minced garlic or use a garlic press. This is the one my husband bought me for Christmas and I love it!
- I think freshly grated cheese makes the cheese melt so much nicer so grab a cheese grater and get to work!
- When dinner is this is, I think clean-up should be too! Make sure to spray your baking dish with a good quality non-stick cooking spray before assembling your casserole.
Our Favorite Additions Substitutions And Variations
- Use any soup youd like in this recipe. Our favorites are broccoli cheddar and cream of chicken soup, but cream of mushroom soup and cheddar cheese soup work well too!
- Try using ground turkey or pork in place of ground beef. Its delicious!
- Have fresh veggies to use up? We love adding chopped broccoli, green beans, and bell peppers.
- For a kick, add a diced jalapeno to the vegetable layer.
- To make taco tater tot casserole, add a package of taco seasoning to the ground beef while it sautees. Top it with fresh salsa or pico de gallo!
- We love to top our hotdish with a heavy helping of sriracha.
- Leftover tater tot casserole makes a delicious breakfast. Top it with a fried egg. Its seriously delicious I have this for breakfast every time I make this casserole!
Also Check: Gluten Free Pie Crust Recipe
Beef And Cheese Tater Tot Casserole
Best Hamburger Casserole With Tater Tots from Beef and Cheese Tater Tot Casserole. Source Image: . Visit this site for details:
This recipe is pretty very easy to make, you have a couple of components to brown, after that, you integrate every little thing and bake it. You can also make a Buffalo variation, by mixing in a cup of Buffalo sauce, how delicious does that noise?.
A Cheap & Easy Dinner Recipe For The Family Made With Ground Beef
This easy casserole recipe is made with simple ingredients that your family will love including ground beef, cream of mushroom soup, cheddar cheese, green beans, onion and tater tots. Some serious comfort food!
Im always on the hunt for quick and easy dinner recipes, and my go-to weeknight meal usually comes down to some kind of casserole dish that I know my picky eaters will devour. This cheesy tater tot and ground beef casserole has just about everything you need in a meal, making it one of our favorite main dishes.
You could also add in any extra veggies that you like such as corn, zucchini, bell pepper or fresh mushrooms, just depending on what you and your kids like. The more veggies you can sneak in, the better!
Read Also: Plant Based Recipes For Meat Lovers