Vegan Lentil Quinoa Broth Bowl
Calories: 280 Fat: 7g Carbs: 47g Protein: 12g
Alright, you caught me. This isnt technically on Paneras soup menu, but in my mind, broth + quinoa + veggies = soupand a delicious one at that. This vegan lentil quinoa broth bowl is perfect for the health-conscious who still need their share of brothy goodness. Quinoa and an umami broth thats a savory mixture of soy, miso, and spices, make for the perfect combo.
Recommended Reading: Lipton Onion Soup Mix Gluten Free
What Soups Does Panera Sell
Tips For Making Copycat Panera Greek Lemon Chicken Soup
- When zesting the lemon, be sure that you only scrape off the outer layer of the peel . Do not grate any of the bitter white pith.
- For even more flavor, add some fresh herbs to the soup. I love the combination of dill and lemon, but parsley, rosemary, basil, oregano and thyme are also great options.
- The total amount of salt that you need for the soup will depend on personal preference, as well as on the saltiness of your broth. I highly recommend using plenty of seasoning. Theres nothing worse than a bland soup, so stir in extra salt and pepper, to taste.
- Add extra chicken broth or water, as necessary, to thin the soup to reach your desired consistency.
- Offer a crusty baguette on the side to soak up any extra broth. Its just like youre dining in the restaurant!
- If youre feeding a smaller family, you can cut all of the ingredients in half to prepare less soup. The cooking instructions remain the same.
Also Check: Gluten Free Sugar Free Cookies Recipe
Is Panera Bread Soup Frozen
Whether you like Panera soup or not, it is pretty safe to say that it has been completely frozen before you take it out. You can get soup at Panera without the brick, or else in a giant pot in the back ready for you prior to serving. The soup doesnt seem to differ much if they dont just boil it from scratch.
Video Result For Panera Fuji Apple Dressing Recipe
A Quick Saturday Salad Mukbang! Featuring Panera’s…
COPYCAT PANERA FUJI APPLE CHICKEN SALAD #DIY
Homemade Copycat Panera Fuji Apple Chicken Salad…
45+ D-FW restaurants offering Christmas dining specialsYour browser indicates if you’ve visited this link
Try these healthier options from your favorite fast food chainsYour browser indicates if you’ve visited this link
Roasted Maple-Lacquered Duck With Corn-Cranberry PuddingYour browser indicates if you’ve visited this link
Disney Parks Moms Panel Welcomes 14 New Members and Launches New Curated Content HubYour browser indicates if you’ve visited this link
We’re missing out. Here are the 20 largest restaurant chains nowhere near Reno-SparksYour browser indicates if you’ve visited this link
Whats The Healthiest Soup At Panera
Choosing The Right Spices For This Copycat Panera Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
Chicken noodle soup is a simple dish, so it’s important to choose the right spices. Too many spices, and you’ll overpower the delicate broth. Not enough, and the soup will taste bland. Panera’s website only lists a handful of spices, so we knew which spices to include in this copycat Panera chicken noodle soup recipe. That said, they didn’t specify any quantities nor when to add the spices. We decided to add the spices in two separate stages. The garlic, sugar, thyme, and celery seeds went in after cooking the vegetables. Then, we added the bay leaf, turmeric, and onion powder alongside the chicken and chicken broth.
The first addition allowed the green spices and seeds to toast and bloom, bringing out their essential oils. This allowed the flavor of the thyme and the celery to really shine through at the end. The sugar was also given an opportunity to dissolve and caramelize, amplifying the small amount of sugar to create a greater effect. The second set of spices the bay leaf, turmeric, and onion powder didn’t need to be toasted. They’re already plenty flavorful on their own, so adding them alongside the broth made their effect on the soup more mellow.
You May Like: Ghirardelli Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe Semi Sweet
Is Our Copycat Panera Chicken Noodle Soup Healthy
In general, Panera chicken noodle soup is pretty healthy: Each bowl-sized portion contains only 170 calories, 4 grams of fat, 21 grams of carbohydrates, and 13 grams of protein. Our copycat Panera chicken noodle soup has a similar nutritional profile, but we were able to get the sodium content down quite a bit. Each serving of Panera’s soup contains 1,490 milligrams of sodium . Using low-sodium chicken broth and seasoning the soup to taste, we reduced our sodium to 274 milligrams.
Of course, portion size is always key here. According to users on Reddit, Panera’s soup bowls contain 12 ounces of soup, or 1-1/2 cups. With that in mind, we developed the recipe below to make six Panera-sized portions. If you ladle more soup into your bowl, it’s important to remember that the nutritional content will change.
More Panera Soup Recipes Youll Love
Now you dont have to go out to enjoy a warm bowl of good soup. Aside from this Panera chicken noodle soup recipe, we have more Panera bread soups that you should try. Check these out:
- Vegetarian Black Bean Soup Pureed black beans make this vegetarian soup thick and hearty. Its perfect for dipping, so make sure to have some bread on the side.
- French Onion Soup Recipe This french onion soup features a beef-flavored broth and melted cheese topping. With the addition of brandy, the richness and depth of flavor in this soup is unbelievably good.
- Summer Corn Chowder Filled with corn kernels and potatoes, this all-vegetable chowder is creamy and tasty! It has a vegetable broth base and is also loaded with peppers and onions pureed into one smooth soup.
- Garden Vegetable Soup This chicken and tomato soup based concoction is filled with onion, peppers, kale, barley, and actual tomatoes. Its exploding with umami flavors just from natural ingredients and without the use of MSG.
- Rich Broccoli Cheese Soup Kids will love this creamy broccoli cheddar soup. They will barely notice the carrots and broccoli in it, and you can add chicken to make it more fun to eat.
Feel free to pair the soups with other Panera copycat recipes like bagels and souffle. But for now, lets head right on to making the chicken noodle soup.
Don’t Miss: Lose Belly Fat Drink Recipe
Video Result For Panera Recipe For Chicken Noodle Soup
Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup-Copy Cat Panera Bread
Copypat Panera Chicken Noodle Soup
Make your own Panera CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP with this…
Tips & Helpful Information
- To thicken the soup, combine 1/2 cup of cool water and 1/2 cup of cornstarch in a bowl. Stir well and add to the soup after the noodles have cooked. Stir until it thickens and serve.
- To save time, buy frozen veggies that are pre-cut. You can buy mixes with carrots, celery and onions already in them.
- Swap the chicken breasts for rotisserie chicken instead.
- Vegetable broth will also work.
- Adjust seasonings to fit your taste.
Don’t Miss: Facial Recipes For Dry Skin
What Noodles For Chicken Noodle Soup
I really appreciate a good chicken noodle soup recipe with classic ingredients. Panera Bread makes a super tasty all-natural chicken noodle soup and after enjoying a cup, recently, I decided to come home and recreate the deliciousness. I kept my version gluten-free by using quinoa rotini pasta from Trader Joes and honestly no one in my family could tell a difference. I really favor the texture of the rotini noodles as opposed to using long noodles or even egg noodles, but any favorite pasta noodle will work just fine in this recipe.
Add A Little Cornstarch To Thicken The Copycat Panera Chicken Noodle Soup
Remember how we mentioned that noodles absorb liquid, becoming soft over time? Well, they also release starches into the soup, thickening it up and giving it body. Panera’s chicken noodle soup isn’t thick like a chowder, but it’s not quite as thin as broth. Without the simmering noodles, we have to introduce an alternative ingredient to create that thickness: cornstarch.
Similar to how the starches expand in noodles as they cook, cornstarch also absorbs water until its starches thicken and gel. The small amount of cornstarch we use in this recipe won’t create a gravy-like consistency, but it does go a long way to give the soup the added texture it needs.
Combine the cornstarch and water in a small bowl before whisking the slurry into the soup. Simmer for about three minutes, until the soup becomes clear again and is slightly thickened. If you’re ready to serve, add the noodles and simmer for an additional minute, until they’re heated through. Otherwise, cool down the soup and add the noodles when you’re ready to reheat. Garnish the finished soup with the chopped parsley and enjoy!
You May Like: Greek Yogurt Smoothie Recipes For Weight Loss
Gather The Ingredients For Copycat Panera Chicken Noodle Soup
Our first step in making copycat recipes is always to go to the source. So we checked out the ingredients list on both the Panera at Home and Panera Bread’s website. The major difference between the two revolved around a single ingredient. The soup you get at Panera doesn’t contain butter, making it dairy-free. We wanted to stay true to the restaurant’s version, so we left out the butter and began gathering our ingredients accordingly.
The vegetable component of the soup includes onions, celery, and carrots. They’re cooked, along with the chicken, in chicken broth thickened with cornstarch and seasoned with garlic and spices . We also added a bay leaf to the mix for good measure. The chicken is specified as white meat chicken, so we grabbed a few chicken breasts and cut them into bite-sized chunks. The final ingredients were egg noodles, chopped parsley for garnish, and chicken fat . If you don’t have chicken fat on-hand, don’t worry you can use olive oil to make this soup instead.
From there, we got to work creating the specific ingredient quantities and step-by-step instructions, which can be found at the bottom of this article.
Tips On Making Panera Chicken Noodle Soup
Despite being hailed as the best soup at Panera, this chicken soup is actually a simple and straightforward recipe that even beginners can easily follow. With that, here are helpful tips and techniques on making it:
- Use any cut of chicken that you prefer for this homestyle chicken noodle soup. We used skinless chicken breast because its lean and boneless, but bony cuts like legs or thighs will do. Make sure to have them in bite size pieces. You can also use leftover rotisserie chicken.
- Sear the chicken to golden brown. You want it to develop some color because this means itll have a more complex flavor. Try to cook chicken in chicken fat from the skin, too, for extra flavor! But dont overdo it, or else the chicken will end up dry and tough.
- Personalize this Panera soup by adding some of your favorite veggies such as sweet corn, potatoes, and broccoli.
- Cook noodles and only add them once the soup is done. This is to prevent them from turning mushy which happens quickly especially if you are using egg noodles. You can also switch things up and use your preferred pasta, from elbow macaroni to rotini, or even gluten free noodles.
Read Also: Low Calorie Recipes For Weight Loss
Recipe Tips & Substitutions
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Or, you can freeze the leftovers for up to 2 months. Defrost and reheat before serving.
- If you dont have egg noodles, you can use pasta spirals or elbow pasta instead.
- Panera serves their homestyle chicken soup with potato chips, an apple, or a baguette. You can also serve it with a side salad or cornbread.
- Dont add the egg noodles right away or they will overcook. You want to add them 15 minutes before serving so they cook perfectly. Mushy noodles ruin an otherwise great soup.
Can You Freeze Chicken And Noodles
I wouldnt recommend freezing dry noodles. The great thing about noodles is that they store really well. Dry noodles can stay in the pantry while fresh noodles are easily frozen. Whatever your noodle preference store it in the appropriate spot until youre ready to make this soup. Then simply add it in at the end, and you have a fresh healthy bowl of homemade chicken soup.
Recommended Reading: Mojito Recipe Simple Syrup Pitcher
How To Make This Soup Ahead Of Time
If youre planning to make this soup in advance, prepare as instructed but do not add the rice and spinach. Let the soup cool, cover and refrigerate for 3-4 days or freeze for up to 3 months. When youre ready to serve the soup, warm the broth over a low flame, stir in the rice and spinach, and simmer until warmed through.
First Up: The Famous Broccoli Cheddar
Now would be an appropriate time to mention my bias: I love Paneras broccoli cheddar soup. Im not alone, either, and the internet is riddled with copycat recipes .
This time around was no different. The soup delivered its signature cheesy goodness, and generous pieces of broccoli and carrots made for scrumptious texture and taste. Paneras broccoli cheddar is like a broccoli casserole but only the good part, the part we all love, without the unnecessary bread on top.
Which brings me to the free baguette, the soups perfect partner. When dipped, it sopped up an appropriate amount of liquid and tasted harmonious. Broccoli cheddar is definitely the soup to beat at Panera.
Recommended Reading: Sloppy Joes With French Onion Soup
Recommended Reading: Paleo Recipes For Weight Loss
What To Serve With Chicken Noodle Soup
You’re finally ready to enjoy a hot bowl of Panera chicken noodle soup. This Panera copycat recipe makes plentiful helpings, and it’s a healthy, and far more flavorful, alternative to the salty canned chicken soup staples of our childhoods or Panera bread.
Does Panera Make Their Own Soup
That Soup Isnt Made In-House It may taste homemade, but that Panera soup wasnt actually prepared by the workers at your local shop. The soups are made at a factory/plant/etc., flash-frozen, shipped to us, and we thaw it out in whats called a thermalizer, essentially a soup-thawer, says one former employee.
Dont Miss: Campbells Sloppy Joe Recipe
Don’t Miss: Meatloaf Recipe With Ranch Seasoning
How To Store Soup
Leftover soup will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months. Reheat individual portions in a microwave-safe bowl in the microwave for 1-2 minutes, or warm larger servings in a covered saucepan on the stovetop over low heat.
How To Make Chicken Noodle Soup Fast:
As you can see, this recipe is already so easy. However, I actually have even more tips to make this meal even quicker.
- Use precooked chicken, rotisserie chicken or leftover chicken from the night before. Using chicken already cooked means this goes from stove to table in under 30 minutes! We also love this 20 minute homemade chicken noodle soup recipe.
- We keep diced onion in the freezer and it makes it so quick and easy for recipes like this. Just grab what you need and go! This also works for the carrots and celery in the soup. Chop and freeze for later!
Read Also: Publix Key Lime Cookies Recipe
What Type Of Chicken To Use
I use skinless chicken breasts. You can also use chicken thighs. Dark meat tends to have more flavor, is more tender, and will follow the same cook time noted in the recipe.
Feel free to grab a rotisserie chicken and/or use fully cooked chicken. If using cooked chicken add it at the end with the pasta.
Classic chicken noodle soup will use bone-in chicken pieces and often the whole chicken. Use what you want.
What You Will Need
- Chicken: This recipe uses boneless, skinless chicken breasts which is easier to shred.
- Broth: I used chicken broth, although you could vegetable broth if you dont happen to have chicken broth.
- Vegetables: The most traditional vegetables to use for chicken noodle soup are onions, celery, and carrots.
- Garlic: For best quality, use fresh garlic for this recipe.
- Thyme: Paneras chicken noodle soup has thyme in the recipe, and gives it such a comforting taste.
- Noodles: Wide egg noodles is traditionally used for chicken noodle soup. Check the package instructions to know how long it needs to cook!
Also Check: Philadelphia No Bake Blueberry Cheesecake Recipe