Ways To Use Baked Chicken Breasts
Cooked chicken breasts are not only healthy, theyre quite versatile. Heres a few ideas!
- Round out a plate with sides. Eat the chicken alongside sautéed spinach and rice, or any other side dish youd like.
- Top onto a salad. Start with leafy greens, add freshly chopped veggies along with your chicken, and toss with a lemon vinaigrette.
- Add into a casserole. Load your casserole up with diced chicken breasts, rice, and extra veggies with a sprinkle of cheese.
- Mix into a stir fry. Add it into a stir fry with broccoli, carrots, bell pepper, and other vegetables.
Tips To Make The Best Baked Chicken Breast:
How Long To Bake Chicken
Boneless, skinless chicken breasts will bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes until they reach an internal temperature of 165 F. This, of course, depends upon the weight and thickness of the chicken breast youre baking.
When it comes to baking chicken breasts, size matters.
Follow the guidelines below for estimated cooking times for baked chicken breasts:
- 5 ounces 14-16 minutes
You May Like: Ghirardelli Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe Semi Sweet
Oven Baked Chicken Breast
This is the most popular of all chicken breast recipes that Ive ever published. Its a JUICY Oven Baked Chicken Breast sprinkled with a magic simple seasoning then baked until caramelised. Its simple, fast and incredibly tasty!
An incredibly easy chicken recipe thats a reader favourite alongside Honey Garlic Chicken, this epic Parmesan Crusted Chicken and crispy Garlic Chicken. Youre going to love it!
Meal Prep Chicken Breast Recipes
Not sure what to make with chicken breasts? The glory hallelujah of meal prep is having all the ingredients ready to go and all you have to do is assemble. Here are a few suggestions for how to use your chicken breast in more ways than one.
Whats your favorite dish to add cooked chicken? Wed love more ideas, so share it in the comments below!
As always, thank you for reading and supporting companies I partner with, which allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you. All opinions are always my own.
Thanks for reading and to have each post delivered straight to your e-mail box.
Learn more about my printed day-planner Nourished Planner here, and sign up for free, emailed weekly meal plans.
Don’t Miss: Fiesta Ranch Dip Mix Recipe
Let Chicken Breast Rest
Once your chicken has reached 160ºF, remove it from the oven. Then, immediately transfer it to a plate to let rest for 5 minutes.
As the chicken sits, the internal temperature will raise 5ºF and reach 165ºF, which is a safe eating temperature for poultry.
Do I have to let my chicken rest?
It is important to let your chicken rest to not only come to a safe eating temperature but to become ultra juicy,
As the chicken rests, all of those yummy juices will settle and make your chicken so juicy and tender.
Baked Chicken Breast Ingredients:
To make this baked chicken breasts recipe, you will need:
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts: You can either purchased fresh or frozen . Some chicken also comes pre-brined nowadays, in which case you can skip step one below.
- Butter or olive oil: Your pick! I like the extra flavor of butter, but olive oil will also work well.
- Kosher Salt: An essential ingredient in our brine, and also to season the chicken.
- Seasonings: I included an all-purpose blend of smoked paprika, garlic powder, salt and black pepper in the recipe below, which is super-simple and goes with just about anything. But feel free to sub in any dry seasoning blend that you prefer.
Also, if you make baked chicken regularly in the oven, I one million percent recommend having a cooking thermometer on hand too. It is quite simply the most foolproof way to ensure that your chicken is not over- or under-cooked, and works like a charm. I recommend either this:
- Instant-read cooking thermometer : which I have owned and used for years when cooking chicken, which retails for about $9.99 on Amazon.
- Dual-probe wireless meat thermometer: which I also own and love because it can be used inside of a hot oven , which retails for about $24.99 on Amazon.
My original photo for this recipe .
Read Also: Yard House Garlic Noodles Recipe
Bake At 425 Degrees F
Ive tested how long to bake chicken breasts at 350, at 400, at 425, and at 450.
- Based on my tests, the best temperature to bake chicken breasts is 425 degrees F.
At this temperature, the chicken turned golden on the outside and unbelievably juicy inside. If you go lower, the chicken can dry out, as it will need to be in the oven for a longer period.
Oven Baked Chicken Breast Is:
- High-protein: one 4 oz. chicken breast has 25g of protein. Um, yes, please!
- So juicy: perfectly cooked baked chicken breast comes out so juicy.
- Quick: you can have dinner ready in less than 30 minutes!
- Versatile: chicken breasts can be flavored in so many different ways that it never gets old!
- Flavorful: whether youre using a chicken dry rub or a chicken marinade, chicken breast can be easily infused with flavor.
- Meal-prep: when in doubt, make a double or triple batch. Baked chicken can be used for meal-prepping multiple meals throughout the week. Check out our best chicken meal prep recipes.
Also Check: Quick Easy Pork Chop Recipes
Tips For Best Juicy Chicken Breast Results
- Choose similar size chicken breasts: If you bake 5 oz chicken breast at same time as 9 oz chicken breast, I can guarantee you the smaller piece will come out rubbery and dry by the time larger one is ready.
- Coat evenly on all sides: This will not only help chicken not stick to the pan, but ensures every bit of your juicy chicken breast is flavorful!
- Let them rest: Letting chicken rest while covered allows its juices to distribute evenly throughout the meat. This is one of most important steps to juicy chicken breast.
- Follow the recipe: As tempting as it might be to use lower oven temperature, know that baking chicken breast at 350 F or even 400 F will steam it rather than bake. And produce dry meat which we try to avoid.
Copycat Shake And Bake Chicken Breasts
The Spruce Eats
Cornflake crumbs, wheat germ, sesame seeds, and flour combine to form a crisp coating for these fake shake and bake chicken breasts. The homemade mix is surprisingly simple and is seasoned with spice cupboard staples like paprika, mustard, garlic, and onion salt. It’s inexpensive and contains none of the additives found in the popular packaged coating.
Recommended Reading: Plant Based Recipes For Beginners
Why Youll Love This Baked Chicken Recipe:
- QUICK AND EASY: Simple to prep, these chicken breasts are ready to serve in less than 30 minutes.
- HEALTHY: High in protein and low in carbs and saturated fat, these chicken breasts are a great addition to a well balanced diet.
- KID FRIENDLY: Even your picky eaters will love these baked chicken breasts, and youll love how simple they are to make!
A Juicy Baked Chicken Breast
Though I always stand firm that brown meat is better than white more flavour, more juiciness lean chicken breast is a regular in my shopping trolley, week after week.
So today, Im sharing my recipe for how I make Oven Baked Chicken Breast.
We can never have too many really great quick chicken breast recipes!
As simple as it sounds, if you whack a seasoned breast in the oven without thought, the chances are youll be chewing your way through dry chicken, furiously squirting over copious amounts of ketchup to try to salvage it.
It doesnt need to be that way. Enter a fabulous simple, magic chicken seasoning for baked chicken breast:
You May Like: Gluten And Dairy Free Meal Recipes
Why This Recipe Works
Pantry spices A pinch of this, a pinch of that, these spices are all ones commonly found in spice drawers. And, if you dont happen to have something, they are all easy to find at any grocery store. No hard-to-find ingredients here.
Great for meal planning If youre the type that likes to make food ahead of time then eat it all week, these healthy baked chicken breasts check that box and then some.
Healthy No bad oils, frying, fattening sauces, or anything unhealthy here. Just high-protein chicken, simple spices, and a splash of citrus make these baked chicken breasts delicious and a healthy addition to any meal.
Simple Not only are the spices simple but the preparation could not be any easier! Brown chicken in spices, pop in the oven, and finish with a squeeze of citrus!
How To Bake Chicken Breasts
- Season chicken breasts in a mixture of herbs, salt and pepper, and the most fundamental ingredient: olive oil. Olive oil not only adds flavour to chicken breasts, it also adds moisture AND help your seasonings stick to the breast while avoiding chicken sticking to the bottom of your baking dish.
- Pour in the balsamic sauce that acts like a two-for-one: tenderises and adds another level of flavour to otherwise boring or dry breasts.
- Bake. This is the part that terrifies some people. How long two you bake chicken breasts for? High or low temperature? How do you know when its done? TERRIFIES. Because theres nothing worse than dry-hard-to-swollow chicken breasts. I hear you loud and clear. But! It should not be a terrifying experience. After all, its just chicken.
- Broil . You want your melted cheese to be bubbling and golden on your chicken, right? Yes.
You May Like: Vegetarian Keto Meal Plan Recipes
The Best Juicy Baked Chicken Breast
White meat often gets a bad rap for being dry and flavorless. I am usually quick to agree that dark meat just tastes better. But this baked chicken recipe is so tender, juicy and has so much flavor you can hardly tell the difference. Plus its a much healthier protein than dark meat.
Today Im sharing the go-to method that Ive been using for years for this quick and easy chicken dinner. I always cook a couple of extra for adding soup, casseroles and chicken salads. Keep it in a sealed bag in the fridge for a few days, or pop it in the freezer if youre not using it right away.
How To Bake Chicken Breast In The Oven
First, we season the chicken breasts generously and arrange them in the baking dish with the sundried tomatoes. Then we pour the cream sauce over and around the chicken before transferring the baking dish to the oven for 25 or 30 minutes. Once the chicken breasts are done, we add the chopped spinach and cover the baking dish to wilt the spinach into the sauce. Easy!
Don’t Miss: New York Times Recipe Box
Baked Chicken Breast Ingredients
Chicken is a blank canvas just waiting to be sprinkled, smeared, and infused with flavor. Rule #1 never under-season chicken. So today Ive got a simple, yet dazzling seasoning mix that will impress all your dinner guests.
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts: Grab chicken breasts that are all about the same size, for the most even cooking
- Spices & Herbs: A simple blend of paprika, garlic powder, thyme, salt, and pepper makes the chicken super delicious. Dont have thyme? Swap in oregano, basil, rosemary, or another herb.
- Olive Oil: A light drizzle gently coats the chicken to help the seasoning stick, and keeps it nice and moist.
Find the printable recipe with measurements below.
How To Store Baked Chicken Breasts
Cooked chicken should be stored in the fridge in an airtight container or bag. Experts say baked chicken breasts should be eaten within two days, but use your best judgement . You can also freeze cooked chicken. Let it cool to room temperature before storing in the freezer it should last up to 4 months if frozen properly.
Read Also: Hard Truth Cinnamon Vodka Recipes
Let Us Know If You Made This Recipe
Tag on Instagram and hashtag it #gimmesomeoven
This is a sponsored post in partnership with DeLallo. All opinions are my own as always. I do genuinely adore this brand and the family and team behind it, and use their food in my home constantly. Many thanks for supporting brands like them that help make this site possible.
For another delicious meal idea using DeLallos Pomodoro Fresco sauces, check out my friend Marias Easy Cheesy Baked Tortellini over at Two Peas and Their Pod. And if youd like to try a creamier version of this pasta, check out this delicious Chicken Alfredo Baked Ziti .
Terrific Quick Chicken Breast Recipe
Though I personally have a preference for chicken thighs over chicken breast , I find myself putting chicken breast in my shopping trolley week after week.
Thus over the years, Ive built up a wide variety of quick and easy chicken breast recipes and this Honey Garlic Chicken is one of my favourite quick dinners that I find myself making over and over again.
Recommended Reading: Simple Healthy Recipes For Two
How To Bake Bone
To make this recipe with bone-in chicken, youll follow the same instructions as you would for boneless . The cooking time will vary based on the thickness of your chicken.
Heres the tip! As your chicken rests, flip it onto the breast side. When ready to serve, flip it back over onto the bone-in side. This will allow the juices to gather in the breast portion and give you the juiciest chicken!
Baked Chicken Storage Tips
- To Store. Refrigerate chicken breast in an airtight storage container for up to 3 days.
- To Reheat. Gently rewarm chicken in a baking dish in the oven at 350 degrees F.
- To Freeze. Freeze leftovers in an airtight freezer-safe storage container for up to 3 months. Let thaw overnight in the refrigerator before reheating.
Also Check: Pumpkin Pie Recipe With Oat Milk
Ingredients For Baked Chicken Breast
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts: This recipe calls for 2 lbs of chicken I used three large organic chicken breasts. How thick the chicken breasts you use will determine how long you baked your oven roasted chicken breast.
- Smoked paprika: There is a big difference between regular and smoked paprika the smoky flavor. You can use regular paprika but the breast wouldnt be the same. Find smoked paprika in a supermarket near you, stock up and use up. It is my secret to a flavorful vegetable soup and at the holidays roast turkey breast.
- Dried oregano, basil, rosemary or Italian seasoning: You can use any of these herbs. I used oregano. Need more options? Check out 5 easy chicken marinades to add some variety to your healthy baked chicken recipe rotation.
- Garlic powder, salt and pepper: You can use grated clove of fresh garlic instead of garlic powder. If you love garlic like me and have time.
- Olive or avocado oil: It helps to lock juices inside and seasonings stick.
Im from Ukraine where 30 traditional dishes like beef stew and borscht are made with same 15 ingredients. Im a strong believer in simple cooking.
Garlic Butter Baked Chicken Breast
Tender, juicy Garlic Butter Baked Chicken Breast, thats packed with flavour from the garlic butter sauce. Its totally a win win!
This Baked Chicken Breast is also one of my favourite recipes to make. My husband loves it too, especially because its cooked in garlic butter sauce. Who doesnt love a buttery flavoured sauce?
This sauce gives more flavour to this baked chicken breast and helps it to be tender, moist and juicy too. Who doesnt love a good juicy baked chicken breast, right? I do! So, dont be afraid of baking chicken in the oven thinking that itll be dry and tasteless.
I absolutely love easy and quick baked chicken breast recipes for dinner. Some of my family chicken recipes are Baked Chicken Breast Recipe, Creamy Parmesan Chicken Breast Skillet and Asparagus Stuffed Chicken Breast recipe . Want even more chicken breast recipes? Try these 50 Best Chicken Breast Recipes and this Air Fryer Chicken Breast Recipe.
Don’t Miss: Meals On A Tight Budget Recipes
What To Serve With Honey Garlic Chicken Breast
Theres enough sauce to drizzle over veggies and soak into rice or whatever you serve it with. The flavour is strong enough such that you dont need loads a bit goes a long way!
Its pictured above with Cauliflower Rice with Cucumber Salad on the side.
Even though its got soy sauce in the Honey Garlic Sauce, this doesnt taste specifically Asian-y. But its versatile enough that it will go just as well with Fried Rice as it will with a Macaroni Salad or even Mac and Cheese. Yes really! Try it once and youll understand Nagi x