The Best Pregnancy Green Smoothie
What makes a great smoothie for pregnancy?
- Includes nutrients that are in increased need during pregnancy
- Includes mint and ginger both known to settle upset stomachs (youre welcome morning sickness!
- It is cold and creamy which makes it easier to stomach if youre feeling queasy
- You can prep this baby ahead of time to help you out when youre feeling tired! (see below for how to make your own smoothie pucks!
- And it tastes DELICIOUS!
Are Smoothies Healthy For Pregnancy
Yes! Drinking smoothies when pregnant is a great and delicious way to get extra nourishment. In the first trimester, smoothies can be easier on your stomach when you are feeling nauseous. Later in pregnancy, you can have them as snacks or as a healthy breakfast option.
Wondering how to make healthy pregnancy smoothies?
Here are a few essential tips for making smoothies while pregnant as well as 5 easy pregnancy smoothie recipes that you can have for breakfast or a snack.
Eating healthy during pregnancy is important, especially for feeling your best and growing a healthy baby.
Having a collection of nutritious pregnancy recipes is super helpful for taking the stress out of what to eat while pregnant.
Making smoothies is really easy. All you need is a good blender a tall glass and a few simple ingredients.
Make sure to pin this post for later!
Quick And Healthy Smoothie Recipes For Pregnancy
1 tsp of local honey. 1 Banana 2 tsp Flax Seeds. 1 cup cold Cashew Milk or Flaxseed Milk If you wish to read more about nutrition during pregnancy we highly recommend the following books: Jan 31, 2017.
Almond milk, avocado, and honey are all you need for this easy smoothie. Recipe creator Desire For Fit says, “Do not let the ingredients scare you! This antioxidant-rich smoothie will brighten your skin, fill you up, and taste like the most delicious smoothie you’ve ever had! Add additional milk if desired.”Missing:PregnancyMust include:Pregnancy
Pumpkin Seed and Royal Jelly Fertility Smoothie. This recipe leaves out milk in favor of water, but dont worry the banana still makes it creamy. Pumpkin seeds are high in zinc, which is a fertility boosting mineral, and royal jelly is said to increase estrogen levels and egg quality.
Healthy Pregnancy Smoothies and Juices. Our smoothies and juices are an easy way to pack in your prenatal vitamins pregnancy nutrition in a glass! Try our pregnancy mocktails, delicious, refreshing and alcohol-free
Fresh Citrus Pregnancy Smoothie. Load up on the Vitamin C your baby needs to build collagen and help absorb iron . Plus, those potassium-packed bananas help prevent cramps. Fruity Flax Smoothie Pregnancy Smoothie . The flax seeds in this smoothie contain Omega 3s, great for brain and heart health.
Recommended Reading: Plant Based Recipes For Beginners
The Health Benefits Of This Green Smoothie
It can be a challenge to get everything you need when youre not feeling so hot. Smoothies are a great way to pack a lot of nutrients and benefits into one meal!
- Essential for hemoglobin production which assists in the delivery of oxygen to body tissues.
- Iron is an important mineral that supplies blood and oxygen to your baby throughout pregnancy, therefore, the need for iron goes up to keep up with the increase in blood supply. According to Health Canada, the Recommended Dietary Allowance for iron during pregnancy is 27mg/day.
- An important antioxidant for wound healing, tissue repair, and helps aid in the bodys collagen production.
- Helps increase absorption of iron. The Recommended Dietary Allowance for vitamin C during pregnancy is 85mg/day.
- Required for fetal growth and development and reduces the risk of neural tube defects during pregnancy. The Recommended Dietary Allowance for folate during pregnancy is 600mcg/day
- Helps make red and white blood cells in the bone marrow.
- Important for the absorption of fat soluble nutrients, such as vitamin A, D, E and K.
- An essential nutrient for babys brain and eye development during pregnancy.
- Provides satiety and repairs/builds muscle tissue.
- Aids in growth of fetal tissue during pregnancy.
- Neutralizes free radicals in the body that cause cellular damage.
- Aids in development of babys bones and teeth during pregnancy.
Delicious Healthy Mummy Pregnancy Smoothie Recipes For Every Desire
There are flavours to suit everyone whether you need a chocolate craving buster, something to help ease your cold symptoms or a healthy snack that will help with feeling tired all the time, Rae has got you covered!
Also Check: Best Juicing Recipes For Heart Health
The Ingredients To Avoid In Your Smoothie
- Raw eggs While youre unlikely to put raw eggs in your smoothies, weve added this dangerous food to the list just in case. Raw eggs should be avoided during pregnancy as they may cause salmonella, which can be harmful to both mom and baby.
- Caffeine Avoid putting any caffeinated foods or drinks in your smoothie no mochas during pregnancy! Caffeine is dangerous for growing babies as it can cause a low birth weight or even a miscarriage when consumed in large amounts.
- Cocoa As cocoa contains caffeine, it is recommended that this ingredient be avoided.
- Unwashed fruits and vegetables As we indicated above, it is imperative that you wash all of your produce carefully before tossing it in the blender to get rid of any harmful bacteria or viruses.
- Unpasteurized fruit juice As weve already mentioned in this article, milk and juices need to be pasteurized in order to be safe for pregnant women. Unpasteurized juices may harbor dangerous bacteria.
- Sugary treats Avoid adding processed sugary ingredients like chocolate syrup or chocolate chips, which offer minimal nutritional benefit and may result in increased blood sugars.
How Smoothies Can Be Part Of A Healthy Pregnancy
Most people know that smoothies can be wonderfully healthy drinks to include in any diet. However, for pregnant women, some specific smoothies can be especially beneficial.
This is because smoothies tend to contain a wide range of nutrients, including antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, fiber, protein, electrolytes, and healthy fats. These types of nutrients are crucial for pregnant women, as they need to support another life that is growing inside them in addition to keeping their own body healthy. By eating a healthy, varied diet with plenty of fruits and vegetables, youll be able to fully support both yourself and baby.
Don’t Miss: Quick And Healthy Dinner Recipes
Best Pregnancy Smoothie Ingredients
The best ingredients for pregnancy smoothies are:
GingerGinger is a miracle ingredient for pregnancy because it is a great anti-nausea and anti-inflammatory spice and provides antioxidants.
Dark Green VegetablesSmoothies are a great way to sneak in your daily serving of leafy green vegetables, and youll barely be able to taste them when theyre blended with other ingredients.
Nuts + SeedsAdding nuts and seeds to your smoothies is a great way to get protein, fiber, and omega-3 fatty acids. Flax seeds and hemp seeds are some of the most nutritious seeds for your pregnancy smoothies.
The Ultimate Superfood Smoothie
For all those nausea and cravings during the first trimester or the starving during the rest of the pregnancy period, this smoothie will be perfect. You will need:
- One cup of frozen organic berries
- One banana
- Two tbsp organic virgin coconut oil
- A big handful of greens
- Half cup of almond milk
Churn well and serve chilled!
Read Also: Beef Stew Meat Recipes Crock Pot
Pregnancy Smoothies You Should Be Drinking
Smoothies are an easy way to pack in the nutrients during and after pregnancy. But during pregnancy, your body is in need of extra vitamins and minerals that you may not be getting enough of. Blending up some beautiful produce each day can ensure that you are getting everything you need, help to fight your fatigue, lessen swelling, and even prepare your body for labor.
Pull out your blender and start buying your produce in bulk because youre about to fall in love with these delicious smoothie recipes.
Antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, fiber, protein, electrolytes, and healthy fats are all important to consume while pregnant. Making a smoothie at home means you skip the added sugars that most healthy fast food stops include, and you keep it simply delicious.
A few ingredients you may want to add into your smoothies:
Ginger: Ginger is a is a great anti-nausea and anti-inflammatory spice and provides antioxidants.
Dark Green Leafy Vegetables: The darker and leafier, the better!
Nuts + Seeds: Adding nuts and seeds to your smoothies is a great way to get protein, fiber, and omega-3 fatty acids. Flax seeds and hemp seeds are some of the most nutritious seeds for your pregnancy smoothies.
Dates: Dates have been proven as an effective fruit to prepare the body for labor- shortening the average labor by hours if the woman consumes multiple dates a day throughout the last month of pregnancy.
Strawberry Ginger And Banana Smoothie
This particular recipe is a bit of a different twist on the more classic anti nausea recipe of ginger and banana.
Strawberries add some fiber and Greek yogurt gives a protein boost. If youre not gluten or wheat intolerant, oats also adds some fiber and protein.
Strawberry Ginger Banana Anti-Nausea Smoothie by Texan Erin
Recommended Reading: American Honey Whiskey Drink Recipes
The Perfect Pregnancy Smoothie
We believe that it is super important to feed your kids the nutrients they need to grow and develop. But we also believe that it is just as important to give your unborn child those necessary nutrients to grow and develop while you are pregnant! One easy way to pack in the nutrients is through a smoothie. Our Perfect Pregnancy Smoothie has important nutrients to not only help your babys healthy development, but also to support you as well!
Each ingredient in this smoothie has important nutrients needed during pregnancy. These are nutrients that not only help your baby grow and develop, but also help keep you healthy during your pregnancy.
A good source of Vitamins A, C, some B vitamins, Potassium, and dietary fiber. When you are pregnant, your iron needs increase and eating foods high in vitamin C help you absorb more iron. Fiber is a must during pregnancy to help prevent constipation. Vitamin A is particularly important for women who are close to giving birth because it can help the body heal with postpartum tissue repair.
Spinach contains folate which is a vitamin needed to help prevent spina bifida and neural tube defects. Spinach also contains a good amount of calcium, and iron. Iron is a nutrient that many women are low in during pregnancy, and eating spinach can definitely help boost your iron levels.
Pregnancy Smoothies For Iron
The trick to making iron-rich smoothies for pregnancy is ensuring you include a souce of vitamin C to help your body better absorp the iron. Here’s a delicious iron-rich pregancy smoothie recipe that’s also loaded with immunity-protecting antioxidants. It includes a good source of plant-based iron, thanks to the combination of hemp seeds, chia seeds and spinach and contains a wholefood source of vitamin C from the combination of blueberries, acai and blackcurrant.
1 handful of kale or spinach
1/2 Tbsp of acai powder
1/2 Tbsp of blackcurrant powder
1 Tbsp of chia seeds
1 Tbsp of hemp seeds
1 cup of liquid
1 cup of ice
Don’t Miss: Taco Soup Recipe With Hidden Valley Ranch
Lunch Recipes For Pregnant Women:
No more excuses to skip lunch, especially during pregnancy, even if you are at work. We have some easy to make and carry along recipes for pregnant women, that can fulfil the daily nutrition requirement, even at work.
1. Tuna Chickpea Pita sandwich:
Tuna is a low-mercury and highly nutritious fish which can be safely consumed during pregnancy while chickpea from the pulses family is rich in protein and a must-have during the pregnancy. A combination of the two in pita bread is an excellent option for a healthy lunch.
Preparation time 15 minutes
- 2 cup fresh spinach chopped
- Salt and black pepper as per taste
- Whole wheat pita pocket bread
2. Vegetable Pizza:
Just because you should avoid outside food doesnt mean you cannot have pizza for another nine months. We have a healthier and tastier version of it for you to bake at home
Preparation time 1 hour
- All 3 coloured bell pepper finely chopped
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
Banana Berry Pregnancy Smoothie
Lvova came up with her pregnancy smoothies with nutrients in mind, choosing each ingredient for its ability to provide nutrition to the person whose body is working hard to nurture the life inside them.
|Banana Berry Pregnancy Smoothie Recipe|
Don’t Miss: Whiskey Punch Recipe Ginger Ale
Best Smoothie Recipes For Pregnancy:
In this article, we will talk about Smoothie Recipes For Pregnancy.
Having a variety of frozen fruit on hand will make it easy to make Smoothie Recipes For Pregnancy on a regular basis.
Just be careful that some smoothies can contain a lot of sugar just from the fruit. So, thats why its important to choose fruits with low sugar content.
While making pregnancy smoothies also make sure to include protein and healthy fats with the smoothies so that it reduces blood sugar spikes.
Great options for protein include a handful of nuts like almonds or walnuts, nut butter, Chia seeds, hemp seeds, cottage cheese, Greek yogurt or Tahini.
Looking for more ways to stay hydrated?
Check out this list of healthy drinks for pregnancy.
Here are 4 tips on how to make healthy smoothies for pregnancy for both you and baby:
Are smoothies good for morning sickness- Smoothie Recipes For Pregnancy?
Is it OK to drink smoothies while pregnant?
The Detoxifying Pregnancy Smoothie
This smoothie provides a high amount of DHA or good fats into your body that are responsible for the healthy brain development. You will need:
- One cup of water or almond milk
- One cup frozen raspberries and mango
- Three soft pitted Medjool dates
- One tbsp chia seeds and hemp seeds
- Two tsp DHA oil
- A handful of fresh spinach
Blend everything well and serve fresh.
Also Check: Easy Baked Boneless Pork Chop Recipes
Pregnancy Smoothie Breakfast Bowl
- In a 1/2 a cup measure combine some rolled oats, nuts of choice, dried fruits of choice e.g. dried banana or goji berries and some seeds like chia or pepitas.
- Combine nut and seed mix with some maple syrup and spread evenly over a lined baking tray.
- Bake in a preheated 180C oven for 5 10 minutes until the nuts and seeds are golden.
- Make a thick Pregnancy Smoothie with 2 tbsp Healthy Mummy Pregnancy Smoothie mix, 1 tbsp Greek natural yoghurt, 1/2 an avocado, 1 tbsp cacoa/cocoa, 100ml milk, some shredded coconut and 1/2 a banana.
- Place the smoothie in a bowl and top with the toasted nuts to enjoy for breakfast.
Spinach Pineapple And Avocado Smoothie
- 1 cup of filtered water
- 1 cup of ice
With loads of fiber and nutrients coming from the spinach, plus some healthy fats from the avocado, this filling smoothie will see you through an afternoon where youd usually experience some hunger pangs. Plus, with the pineapple chunks, this smoothie has a delicious sweetness that youll find hard to resist.
How to make this smoothie:
Simply toss the ingredients into a blender, and blend until smooth!
You May Like: Recipes With Peanut Butter Healthy
The White Nut Smoothie
Remember the nice milk based drinks you would have at festivals? This is just as celebratory as those.
The inclusion of various nuts and other ingredients ensures a good source of omega-3 acids. Adding avocado can provide you with the fats for building up your energy, too.
- Almond milk
How To Make
- Start by adding the fruits, then the nuts, and finally adding the milk as much as needed all into a blender.
- Run the blender until the full mixture attains a nice thick and creamy texture.
- Use a tall glass for this one, garnish with some more nuts if needed, and enjoy.
Tasty Smoothies For Pregnancy
Wondering which smoothie is good during pregnancy? What ingredients you need to stock up on? How many you can drink a day? Here, we share four of our fave recipes and answer all your smoothie-related questions.
- Are smoothies good for you while pregnant?
- Four special smoothie recipes for pregnancy
- Pregnancy smoothie FAQs
You May Like: Big Mac Sauce Recipe Official
The Loaded Perfect Smoothie
The perfect smoothie recipes for pregnancy give wholesome nutrition to both the baby and lady and this shake is one of them. The ingredients are:
- One cup of orange juice
- Half cup Greek yogurt
- One cup of any milk
- One tsp each of bee pollen and chia seeds
- One serving each of protein powder, greens powder, and collagen peptides
Blend until fine and enjoy the drink!