What Liquids Work Best In Smoothies
If you want a thicker smoothie, you should use less liquid. Filtered water or spring water, almond milk, coconut milk, coconut water, organic fruit juices, freshly squeezed juice, and kefir are all good liquids to use in your smoothies if you are looking for a healthier smoothie to help with your weight loss goals.
Big Blend Green Smoothie Recipe
- I start with 8 ounces of water
- Then I choose three vegetables. Typically, I use about 3 cups or large handfuls of spinach, one whole carrot and one or two small vine tomatoes.
- Next, I choose three fruits. I start with either mango, pear or apple for the base, then I add one whole orange and either 1 cup blueberries, strawberries or pineapple to flavor.
- Sometimes, I will add 1/4 avocado which helps give the smoothie a nice creamy texture while boosting the calories and healthy fat content to make the smoothie more satisfying.
Directions: Start by adding the liquid to your blender , followed by the soft fruit. Add the greens to your blender last. Blend on high for 30 seconds or until the smoothie is creamy.
You May Like: Smoothie King Center Will Call
More Easy Recipes For Homemade Green Smoothies
If you liked this green smoothie recipe, but arent quite ready to make your own flavor combinations, you can try some of these options.
First, if you want a tasty treat for fall, try this Pumpkin Pie Green Smoothie that my kids love. Or, if youd prefer something more refreshing, you have to try this Peachy Pineapple Green Smoothie. Finally, check out my Pina Colada Green Smoothie for a tasty vacation-inspired treat.
You can also check out some more delicious green smoothie variations using the 60/40 formula below.
Also Check: Seven Day Juice Cleanse Recipes
Scrub Yourself Clean Green Smoothie
This is one of my favorite recipes for a detox smoothie flush. Not only does it taste really delicious, but it also helps boost your metabolism, too!
Broccoli is an extremely healthy vegetable, often referred to as a super veggie. Its high in many nutrients, including vitamin C, vitamin K, fiber, potassium and iron. Broccoli also contains more protein than most other vegetables, which gives you an extra metabolic boost .
This green smoothie detox recipe is great for someone whos new to smoothie recipes for weight loss. The flavors are mild, and the nutrition is high.
You May Like: How To Grow Broccoli Sprouts In Trays
How To Reduce The Bitterness From Your Smoothie
You can make your smoothie less bitter by adding sweet fruits like bananas, apples, oranges, etc. The sweetness seems to neutralize bitter flavors. For the green smoothies, strawberries are also a good choice.
You can also add vanilla extract, vanilla bean, or unsweetened cocoa powder in your fruit and vegetable smoothie recipe, then process with the highest speed. These ingredients will mask the taste of bitter greens.
Recommended Reading: Sweet Vanilla Iced Coffee Recipe
Whats In This Low Carb Green Smoothie Recipe
- Avocado peeled and pitted. I like using Hass avocados as theyre more flavorful. Avocados are such a great addition as they are high in healthy fats, fibre, full of vitamins and nutrients.
- Spinach be sure to wash the smoothies beforehand, even if theyre advertised as pre-washed. Do not skip this ingredient if you want that boost in nutrients and fiber. Spinach is full of antioxidants as well as vitamins. Spinach is full of antioxidants as well as vitamins and nutrients as well.
- Unsweetened coconut milk or coconut water I think this are the two best liquids to use in a green smoothie recipe.
- Sugar-free vanilla protein powder check out the recipe card down below for a link to my favourite one.
- Peanut butter powder I really love and highly recommend PB2. You can also add some flaxseed if you have it on hand.
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice I dont recommend using bottled lemon juice as there are preservatives.
- Optional berries Since berries are lower in carbs, add some freeze or fresh strawberry or blueberries if you prefer.
- Top your smoothie with fresh mint and some blueberries.
Also Check: Best Time To Drink Smoothie For Weight Loss
How Can Pineapple Help You Lose Weight
Pineapple has many factors that can help aid in weight loss:
- It is relatively low in calories and contains a lot of water
- It is a good source of fibre and can help you feel more full and satisfied
- It contains natural digestive enzymes which support digestion .
- It has a lovely naturally sweet taste while still being lower in calories and high in fibre, so it is a great alternative to foods that contain refined sugar
You May Like: Tums Smoothies Assorted Fruit Flavors
Read Also: Jordan’s Skinny Syrups Keto Recipes
Pin On Smoothies & Drinks
Best Healthy Fruit And Vegetable Smoothie Recipes For Weight Loss from Pin on Smoothies & Drinks
Searching for healthy snacks? These light as well as revitalizing fruit recipes will hit the spot. With much less than 200 calories per serving, our fruit smoothies, dips, shish kebabs, as well as much more were made with your happiness as well as your midsection in mind.
+ Best Fruit And Vegetable Smoothie Recipes
If youre looking to add more veggies to your diet, youll want to check out this list of the 15 Best Fruit and Vegetable Smoothies! All of these recipes includes at least one serving of vegetables, but youd never believe it. These recipes are all vegetarian with vegan and dairy-free options.
Also Check: Tito’s Vodka Bloody Mary Recipe
Green Detox Smoothie Recipes
You cant talk about detox smoothies without also discussing green smoothies. The reason green detox smoothie recipes are so popular is because most detox smoothie recipes call for some kind of green leafy vegetable , which gives it its distinctive green color.
But dont let the bright green color fool you, these green smoothie detox recipes taste wonderful and you usually cant taste the leafy vegetables. And when it comes to fast weight loss, a green smoothie cleanse cant be beat.
Try one of my green smoothie weight loss recipes below and youll understand why they are so popular.
These healthy smoothies for weight loss lean heavy on baby spinach, the most mild of the greens. I promise you wont be able to taste the spinach in this yummy detox smoothie recipes!
For kale smoothies, avocado smoothies, and more keep scrolling! There are lots more smoothies recipes below!
How Can You Make A Creamier Smoothie
Try to add avocado because its ideal for adding creaminess to your smoothie. Avocados mild flavor counterfeits its nutritional wallop. As an alternative, you can add frozen yogurt, ice cream, or vanilla yogurt for more creaminess. Achieving the right texture smoothies needs a good blend of liquid and solid ingredients.
Read Also: Ground Beef Recipe For Dogs
Purple Power Detox Smoothie
This smoothie needs a few ingredients and you can readily blend the to create an attractive purple smoothie. Make this at home next time your friends visit for a group study and enjoy a relaxing atmosphere. This recipe includes blueberries, beet, kale leaves, unsweetened coconut milk, frozen bananas, and orange Juice. Skip the sugar to avoid more calories.
Super Berry Weight Loss Smoothie
The combination of the antioxidant-rich strawberries and blackberries pack a fiber-punch while making this smoothie delightfully sweet and refreshing. The unexpected superstar weight-loss ingredient is the protein-packed pea protein Like all pulses, they can aid in weight loss even when you arent restricting calories. They have also been found to be more effective than whey protein at fighting against hunger, says The Nutrition Twins, Lyssie Lakatos, RDN, CDN, CFT and Tammy Lakatos Shames, RDN, CDN, CFT.
Recommended Reading: Doordash Tropical Smoothie Promo Code
Also Check: Veg Salad Recipes For Weight Loss
Why Healthy Smoothies
Smoothie is the best option if you want to replace your meal. As it is beneficial for your health and also helps reduce weight. However, the best trait of smoothies is that you can sneak almost any fruit and vegetable into them.
Relish their delicious taste and let them work like magic with your body. Moreover, it is easy and quick to make. You just have to select a fruit and blend it well.
Best Tips For Success
Here are some tips to consider when making a fruit and veggie smoothie for your kids.
- If you can freeze the greens ahead of time, the finished product will taste much less green but will have the same nutrition. Just make sure the greens are dry, then put them into a zip top freezer bag and store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Blend really well to get a very smooth consistency, adding a little more milk as needed to thin.
- You can get a less thick texture in toddler smoothies, which some kids prefer by using fresh fruit rather than frozenand this is also a good option for winter days when a frozen drink is less than ideal.
- You can use yogurt in place of milk if you add a fruit with a lot of liquid like a clementine or orange.
- Try using half milk and half yogurt for a creamier texture some toddlers may prefer.
- Serve toddler smoothies in a reusable pouch or in a cup with a straw.
- You can also offer small tastes with a spoon if you have a child who isnt yet a fan. Consider even a small sampling a success!
- Sprinkle on some granola or a favorite cereal and serve as a smoothie bowl for a fun variation.
- And if nothing else works, freeze them into popsicles!
Don’t Miss: Applesauce Recipe With Brown Sugar
Below Is The List Of My Favorite Protein Powders:
- Perfect Keto This one is my favorite cause its gluten-free, dairy-free and it uses clean ingredients. There is not junk fillers.
- Vega Sport Premium Protein This one is dairy-free, vegan and vegetarian too. Its Keto friendly too because 1 scoop has only 5g of carbs.
- Vega Protein& Greens Vanilla This is vegan too and there is no soy. The flavour is good too. This is keto friendly too because it 1 scoop has only 4g of carb.
- Soy protein powder will help to build bone mass and is particularly helpful in older adults.
Be sure to check for unsweetened protein powder as you dont want to add artificial sweeteners and other fillers to the smoothies.
Could Improve Certain Aspects Of Health
Research shows that increasing fruit and vegetable consumption may improve many aspects of your health.
For example, adding more produce to your diet by drinking whole fruit and vegetables in your green smoothies may help reduce your risk of heart disease and certain cancers and help you live longer .
However, remember that these health benefits have more to do with consuming fresh fruits and vegetables than consuming smoothies themselves. It all comes back to fresh, nutritious ingredients.
Prioritize getting enough whole fruits and vegetables in your diet. If green smoothies help you reach the recommended intake of at least 5 servings of fruits and vegetables per day, then green smoothies can be your key to healthy living.
Keep in mind that the average U.S. adult consumes only 1 serving of fruit and 1.5 servings of vegetables per day, so adding a green smoothie to your daily diet may be an excellent choice .
Green smoothies are nutritious and easy to make, and they may help you meet the recommended intake for nutrients such as vitamins, minerals, and fiber.
As with most nutrition-related topics, many people have questions about green smoothies and their health benefits.
Here are answers to some frequently asked questions about green smoothies.
Recommended Reading: Hershey Cocoa Powder Fudge Recipe
Creamy Paleo Green Smoothie
Green smoothies can be a great option for people who want to pack in some serious nutrition at smoothie time. This paleo-friendly concoction not only has a boost of spinach, but it also contains avocado, flaxseeds, and datesingredients that can help this smoothie be more satisfying than drinking a traditional green juice.
Leaning on medjool dates gives this smoothie some lower glycemic natural sweetness too.
Get our recipe forCreamy Paleo Green Smoothie.
Sweet potatoes in a smoothie? You heard that right! Sweet potatoes are loaded with key nutrients, some of which may support weight loss . And if you follow the tip to add cauliflower to this smoothie, you will get even more satisfying fiber in a low-calorie vessel. This creamy smoothie can act as a substantial snack or an addition to a light meal, thanks to the protein-packed Greek yogurt, the healthy fat-containing almond butter, and, of course, the healthy carbs found in those sweet potatoes.
Get the recipe fromAmbitious Kitchen.
This smoothie includes so many weight loss-supporting ingredients. From flax seeds to parsley to even apple cider vinegar, this smoothie checks all of the weight loss boxes. And, of course, the kale helps add some fiber and nutrients with very few calories. Whip this smoothie up when you need a refreshing option that is both nutrient-packed and totally tasty.6254a4d1642c605c54bf1cab17d50f1e
Get the recipe fromWith Food and Love.
Why Smoothies And Shakes Are Great For Adding Extra Pounds
Because smoothies are such an easy way to consume calories, theyre perfect for packing more into your day.Lets face it its far easier to drink several of those high calorie shakes over the course of a day than to fit in the equivalent amount of whole foods especially if youre on the go a lot.
You can potentially consume thousands of calories just by drinking smoothies, and best of all, downing them takes a lot less time than cooking and chewing the same foods!Smoothies are a particularly good option if you dont have a great appetite as they can be easier to tolerate than whole foods.The trick is to make sure that your smoothies are full of healthier types of foods, rather than sugary ingredients.
Recommended Reading: Granola Bar Recipe With Honey
Ginger Banana Green Smoothie
This one is my favorite of the series. The combination of ginger, banana, and mango is so tropical and invigorating. The ginger really packs a punch and I LOVE IT!
- 2-inch piece of ginger, peeled
- 1/2 medium banana
- 1 cup mango chunks, frozen
- handful fresh baby kale leaves
- handful fresh baby spinach leaves
Green Smoothie Recipes To Lose Weight Star Styles
Ricotta cheese makes pancakes moister than making use of milk alone, as well as it loads nearly four times more protein than whole milk. All in all, it includes up to a healthy breakfast thats certain to impress.
Recommended Reading: Beach Bum Tropical Smoothie Cafe
Recommended Reading: Infused Cold Brew Coffee Recipes
Healthy Fruit And Vegetable Smoothie Recipes For Weight Loss
Vowing to lose weight with improved eating and exercise habits can make for a happier and healthier lifestyle. But lets be honestits much easier said than done. Finding simple and healthy recipes, as well as making time for exercise, are essential to your weight loss success.
One way to ease into better lifestyle habits is by incorporating smoothie recipes with fruit and vegetables into your diet. Even with freeze dried fruits and vegetables, you can concoct a delicious drink that helps shrink your waistline and boost your confidence.
Lets take a look at why fruits and vegetables are so useful in weight maintenance and check out the healthy fruit and vegetable smoothie recipes for weight loss from Sow Good.
Tips To An Easy And Yummy Smoothie:
There really are no wrong answers with smoothies, but here are a few ideas to keep things yum.
- Putting in your liquids, then solids, then frozens really does make a difference, especially in the Blendtec that I use. It blends up so easily.
- Just a handful of spinach will do. Dont have to go crazy!
- Using apple juice or orange juice really eliminates the need for using another sweetener. Banana is also a great natural base sweetener.
- Gotta love using some yogurt for those probiotics! Use plain, Greek, or even kefir! .
- I love using frozen fruit! It helps the smoothie be nice and cold and give it some substance. No frozen fruit? A few ice cubes can work, too. Of course, if its too thick, you can always thin down with a little more juice or milk.
Recommended Reading: Healthy Tasty Recipes For Weight Loss
+ Fruit And Veggie Smoothies
Smoothies are the perfect way to add more plants to your diet. They are FAST, easy, and can be out-of-this-world delicious! This collection of fruit and veggie smoothies is full of simple healthy recipes that will dazzle your tastebuds and are easily adaptable to fit all eating styles.
Adding fruit and veggies smoothies to my familys daily routine was the first major step we took in an effort to eat more plants! They were the perfect start to our busy day that only took minutes to make and tasted so good. Since there are so many ways to mix and match fruit and veggie smoothies, we never got bored with the flavor combinations and were easily able to add so many different plants to our diet. It truly felt effortless!
Even though we are now very comfortable with adding fruits and veggies to our meals in oodles of different ways, smoothies remain our favorite go-to fast food for when life gets busy and we need a quick healthy meal. They arent just for breakfast, TNNers!