Making The Iced Vanilla Latte
Vanilla lattes are so easy to make and you dont need to splurge on an expensive vanilla bean to get good flavour with this syrup. Like the rest of the syrups here, the formula is pretty straightforward. Make a plain simple syrup by mixing boiling water and sugar together, then add in your flavouring of choice.
For this vanilla latte, I used plain old artificial vanilla extract but you could use the more expensive pure extract or opt for the vanilla bean if you can find them. But really, the vanilla latte is the easiest of all to make. Like the machiatto, start with an empty cup full of ice. Brew two espresso shots and pour them over the ice, then stir in 1 cup of milk and add vanilla syrup to your taste. Yum!
How To Make Low Calorie Coffee Drinks At Home:
- Zero calorie all-natural sweetener We have fallen in love with this all natural sweetener! You can add it to the coffee while its still hot, and it will disintegrate just as sugar does. Though its made from sugarcane, it has 0 calories, and 0 grams of sugar!
- Vanilla extract Skip the high calorie, high sugar vanilla syrup, and just use alcohol free vanilla extract! You can click on this link, to find an organic vanilla extract thats made without alcohol, or purchase one from the store.
- Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk Unsweetened vanilla almond milk is not just low in calories and low in sugar, its also metabolism boosting! Use it in place of milk, and save hundreds of calories, lots of fat, and actually boost your metabolism with this skinny latte iced coffee recipe.
What About Cold Brew Coffee
You can also make cold brew coffee, that has become all the rage in recent years. Cookie and Kate has a great post on how to make cold brew coffee, and it is essentially steeped overnight in the fridge through thin coffee filters. The process takes quite a while , but the flavour is amazing, so depending on how far in advance you’re willing to prepare the iced coffee, this may be an attractive option.
Read Also: Best Juicing Recipes For Heart Health
How Does Starbucks Make Iced Coffee
Add water and espresso shots. Then pour over ice to create your drink. Cold-brewed coffee, which they like to refer to as cold-brewed coffee, requires the grounds to be soaked in cold water for an indefinite period. To get the right strength, they add cold water and ice after brewing it at 2x strength.
How The Vanilla Iced Coffee Comes Together:
To make the iced coffee recipe, I added a shot of my homemade vanilla syrup, along with 1/2 c. of the cold brew coffee over coffee iced cubes. FYI making coffee ice cubes is a great way to not end up with watered-down iced coffee. From here, youll add half and half , or your choice of milk. Voila!! Youve got an amazing iced coffee drink in just moments!
Is half and half not your thing? Here are some other milk suggestions that are great in this iced coffee:
- Whole Milk, 2% or Skim Dairy Milk
- Heavy Cream
Recommended Reading: Jameson Long Island Iced Tea Recipe
Making The Iced Mocha
This chocolate iced mocha is made very similarly to the vanilla latte, and you probably already have the main ingredient at home: cocoa powder! Make the simple syrup from the Vanilla recipe above, mix in a tablespoon of cocoa, and youre good to go. Start with an empty cup full of ice, pour your espresso shots overtop, mix in some milk and some chocolate syrup. Super easy!
If you really want to take this iced mocha over the top, you could also use chocolate milk, or even add in a little mint extract to make it an iced peppermint mocha. Amazing combo right?! There are so many ways to get creative with iced coffee!
Will you be trying any of these iced coffee recipes? Which flavour syrup is your favourite?
How Do I Make My Coffee Taste Like Vanilla
The best way to make your coffee taste like vanilla is to add some vanilla flavor enhancers to your coffee.
Follow this list to achieve your results:
- Start with a freshly brewed great tasting coffee.
- Add a quality vanilla syrup .
- Cool your coffee by one of the methods I mention in this article.
- Add whole milk instead of cream in your coffee . Of course, if you are intolerant to dairy, vegan or have special dietary needs, then use whatever milk works for you.
- Make sure you have PLENTY of fresh ice in the glass and dont reuse the ice that you cooled the coffee in.
Recommended Reading: Beginner Dinner Recipes For Two
What Is An Iced Vanilla Latte
Iced coffee is a popular summer beverage, but it can be expensive to buy from coffee shops. Fortunately, you can make your own iced coffee drinks at home for a fraction of the price.
An iced vanilla latte is an iced coffee version flavored with vanilla syrup. For an iced vanilla latte with homemade vanilla syrup, youll need iced coffee, milk, sugar, and vanilla syrup.
You can make this iced vanilla latte two ways, you can use different coffees to flavor your drink, and they will taste very different and unique. You can use cold brew coffee or espresso shots as the basis for this drink.
I like both coffees and have been drinking both versions for a few summers already. If youre not sure which coffee to use, I suggest:
- Make this recipe with cold brew if you want a more balanced coffee flavor with a few robust notes.
- If you prefer an iced coffee with more coffee flavor, youll likely be better off using espresso shots as the basis.
There is no right or wrong to this recipe. And Your Dream Coffee is all about providing you all the information to make the best coffee possible that suits your taste!
If you want to learn how to make cold brew coffee, which is super easy to do, you can check out my guide to making cold brew coffee at home.
What Is A Good Vanilla Iced Coffee From Starbucks
Recommended Reading: High Protein Granola Bar Recipe Low Calorie
Caramel Iced Coffee Recipe
International Delight Iced Coffee Latte Shake Mocha Caramel The whole purpose of our shopping trip was to get ingredients for a cool summer drink we wanted to try out- Coffee Latte Shake. I found the recipe years ago and wanted to try my own version of it with my new favorite iced coffee.
Dunkin Donuts Iced Coffee Copycat Recipe. Blend in remaining 1 12 cups cold water. Dunkin Donuts Frozen Coffee Arrives In Time For Summer. Pour ingredients over ice. Stir vigorously until the sugar has dissolved. Dunkin Donuts Coffee Caramel Butter Pecan Cream Best Dunkin Donuts Drinks Dunkin Donuts Iced Coffee Recipe Dunkin Donuts Iced Coffee
Starbucks Copycat Caramel Brulee Latte. If you are a Starbucks specialty coffee lover, youll love making this version at home. Starbucks Caramel Brûlée Latte typically is part of the winter or holiday menu showing up between November and January. The Starbucks Secret Menu site even has their recipe!
5 Refreshing Iced Mocha Latte. 6 Delish Mint Mojito Coffee. 7 Vegan Baileys Almond Milk. 8 5 Minute Iced Latte. 9 Vegan Iced Coffee Frappé. 10 Simple Caramel Iced Coffee. 11 Hazelnut Iced Coffee. 12 Iced Salted Caramel Coffee. 13 Best Vietnamese Iced Coffee.
Spiced Vanilla Iced Coffee
Iced coffee just got easier. Pick up Wide Awake cold brew coffee and add vanilla syrup and cream to make an easy copycat coffee house recipe.
|Add Wide Awake Coffee Co. unsweetened black cold brew||2 c. Wide Awake Coffee Co. unsweetened black cold brew|
|Add vanilla syrup|
|Add Hy-Vee heavy whipping cream, divided||2 tsp. Hy-Vee heavy whipping cream, divided|
|Add Hy-Vee ground cinnamon, for serving||Hy-Vee ground cinnamon, for serving|
Don’t Miss: Pretzel Dip Recipe Cream Cheese
What Should I Get At Starbucks If I Like Vanilla
Making The Iced Caramel Macchiato
The trick to this Iced Caramel Machiatto recipe is making the rich dulce de leche caramel syrup and layering the espresso and milk its way easier than you think too!
Start with an empty cup full of ice, then add a couple tablespoons of the syrup. Brew your espresso, and pour it very delicately over the milk of your choice I usually go with 2% but whole milk makes this drink extra creamy and over the top.
If you dont have dulce de leche at home , simply boil a can of sweetened condensed milk for 3 hours in a large pot of gently boiling water.
Also Check: Hamburger And Tater Tot Recipes
Can You Store Leftover Iced Coffee In The Fridge
Yes and no. This really depends on how much of a coffee snob you are to be honest. If you’re used to a fresh brew, storing any leftovers in the fridge may not be a good idea. Cold brew typically lasts 2-3 days in the fridge if you’ve covered it properly the flavours will last a bit longer because it’s brewed cold.
However, drip coffee that has been chilled has a shorter shelf life before the robust coffee flavour starts to disappear and become stale. I wouldn’t recommend keeping it for more than 24 hours. However, there will be nothing inherently wrong with the coffee other than the taste so feel free to go ahead and judge by your taste buds.
What Coffee Does Starbucks Use In Their Iced Coffee
You may know that Starbucks ice-cream gets its flavor from Terraza Blend, a blend of roasted nuts. The companys website informs consumers that these beans are harvested from both Latin America and East Africa and manufactured into container varieties. Sugar, water, naturally occurring flavors, potassium sorbate and citric acid are the major ingredients in classic syrup.
Read Also: Glow Recipe Plum Plump Hyaluronic Serum
Vanilla Cold Brew Coffee
This Vanilla Cold Brew Coffee recipe is sponsored by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are my own.
Vanilla Cold Brew Coffee Easy homemade cold brew coffee infused with vanilla bean and served with Simply Pure Vanilla Coffee Creamer. This smooth, creamy and slightly sweet vanilla coffee is just as good as the coffee house versions.
Hello, friends. Its Monday , lets talk coffee. If there is something we need at the start of a new week it is a big glass of Vanilla Cold Brew Coffee. Lets do this!
My love affair with coffee began shortly after the birth of our first child. Our little Jake didnt sleep through the night until he was 2 ½ years old. That is roughly 910 days without a solid chunk of sleep. My morning cup of coffee got me through many of those days.
These days I dont rely on caffeine to get me through my days but I still love a great cup of coffee. As the weather warms up I typically switch from hot coffee to iced coffee and this here is my very favorite iced coffee.
Cold brew coffee is made by combining coarsely ground coffee beans with water , and then allowing it to sit in the refrigerator for 12-15 hours. The mixture gets strained and what is left is flavorful, smooth coffee. I also go the extra step of adding fresh vanilla bean to the strained coffee, which adds a subtle vanilla flavor with lots of beautiful vanilla bean flecks running through.
Pour yourself a big glass, and lets tackle the day!
What Type Of Ice Is Best For Iced Coffee
I know this may not seem important but choosing the right ice for your iced coffee is key! Here are your options:
- Crushed ice this is what you see in this recipe. Because I had a ton of coffee to make I picked up a big bag of crushed ice and used it liberally. This is typically what I use for iced coffee
- Medium-sized ice cubes this is usually what people have on hand in their freezer and I say go for it!
- Large ice I like to use larger blocks of ice if I’m going to enjoy my iced coffee outside. They are slower to melt this way!
Recommended Reading: White Chocolate Mocha Latte Recipe
Other Tips And Tricks On This Iced Vanilla Latte Recipe
- If you have an espresso machine, then you can sub in 2 shots chilled espresso for the coffee in the recipe.
- Love cold brew? You can use it in this recipe for a different spin! HERE is a recipe for cold brew so that you can make it right at home!
- Instead of ice, freeze extra coffee in an ice tray and use it in the iced latte to avoid it getting watered down!
- It is up to you whether you would like to use milk or half-and-half in the recipe. Personally, I am a half-and-half person.
- Homemade vanilla simple syrup is an amazing alternative for store-bought vanilla syrup but that is totally optional!
Starbucks Iced Coffee Copycat Recipe
Funny to admit Im finally starting to feel like an adult, because Ive figured out how to make a good cup of coffee at home. Im going to share how to make a Starbucks iced coffee copycat recipe via two methods: cold pressed iced coffee and French press iced coffee.
Theres nothing I enjoy more than a cold, delicious iced coffee from Starbucks. But sometimes I dont have the time to pick one of these bad boys up in the mornings, so I was determined to figure out how to make Starbucks iced coffee at home, which is exactly what I did!
The trick to making the iced coffee is to cold press it or use a French press, and then serve it with a simple syrup and cream. Having a simple syrup is the smooth sweetness that compliments the coffee so well and because it is already a liquid, you wont have any pesky sugar granules coming through the straw! Coffee made via these methods are so smooth, youre going to love it, so lets dive in.
How to make iced coffee via the French Press method:
How to make iced coffee via the cold pressed method:
To me, a cold glass of iced coffee is the cats meow.
Out of curiosity, I looked up what the phrase cats meow meant, and totally got a laugh out of Urban Dictionarys use of it in a sentence George, your zoot suit is quite the cats meow!aaahhhhahaha! Im still going with it in this context Phi, this iced coffee is the cats meow!
Read Also: Veg Soup Recipes For Weight Loss
Key Steps For Sweet Cream Coffee Creamer At Home
- Buy the right ingredients for the job. Creamer might imply that there is cream in it, but mixing up this creamer with half-and-half blends better than cream in cold coffee . And the sweetened condensed milk gives the creamer an extra-milky flavor youd expect from heavy cream.
- Whisk to emulsify. This recipe is pretty much dump, stir, and store, but it does help the flavor and the texture of the final sweet cream if you whisk in the sweetened condensed milk as you add the half-and-half.
- Store it well. Dairy tends to take on other flavors if left uncovered in the fridge, so make sure to store it in a sealed jar for long-term storage. A jar that you can give a quick shake before each use is best. The cream keeps well for five days in the fridge, if it lasts that long.
What Kind Of Coffee Works Best
Any coffee that you enjoy will work just fine! Personally, we really love iced Aldi brand Organic Honduras Coffee . It has hints of chocolate and vanilla while being super smooth and rich.
We also really love the Mexican Organic coffee from the bulk bin at Whole Foods but our store doesnt carry it anymore plus, its VERY expensive.
Don’t Miss: Margarita Recipe For A Gallon
How To Make Cold Brew Coffee:
I just recently tried cold brew coffee Well, I dont know what I was waiting for, because cold brew is AMAZING!! Cold brew has all of the amazing flavor and smoothness of coffee, but none of the bitterness or acidity that regular brew can sometimes bring. As soon as I tried cold brew, I knew I had to make my favorite vanilla iced coffee drink.
Heres my tutorial for Making Cold Brew Coffee in 3 Easy Steps.
Ingredient Notes & Substitutions
- Hot brew coffee – make it a bit stronger than usual, if you can, since the ice will water it down a bit.
- Coffee – instead of hot brew coffee you can use cold leftover coffee or cold brew coffee, and if you have an espresso machine you can use two shots of espresso for one vanilla iced coffee
- Vanilla sugar can be switched for vanilla extract in the same amount
- Milk is optional but provides a nice softness – use whichever kind you enjoy, including dairy free versions
Recommended Reading: Campbell Soup Chicken Pot Pie Recipe