Keto Fried Cabbage Instant Pot Recipe
Southern fried cabbage with bacon is a classic keto side dish with tons of flavor. Make it in your Instant Pot or just whip it up on the stovetop. Either way, you will want to make this again and again.
Lets be honest, it is really difficult to make a fried cabbage recipe look pretty in photos. Especially when its dark and gloomy out, which is exactly when you want to be enjoying such a basic comfort food dish. But the lack of visual appeal does not take away from the deliciousness that lies within this hearty side dish. Keto fried cabbage is so good, so easy to make, and so satisfying. It may not look all that pretty on the plate, but it fills the belly and the soul with goodness.
And this fried cabbage recipe is made in an Instant Pot, so its easy and clean up is a snap. But not to worry if you dont have a pressure cooker, because its easy to make the stovetop too. Ive included stovetop directions in the recipe notes.
How To Make Fried Cabbage In An Instant Pot
There is no real advantage or disadvantage to cooking fried cabbage in the Instant Pot. It really takes just about the same amount of time, when you factor in allowing the pot to come up to pressure. And both the stovetop and the pressure cooker versions are one-pot recipes, so clean up is just as easy either way. But sometimes using your Instant Pot is just fun, and it saves valuable space on your stovetop if you are making larger meals. The cooking method is much the same for both methods, with the exception of adding some broth for the Instant Pot. The broth helps create the necessary steam to cook the cabbage in a pressure cooker.
Dont add too much broth!
In my experience, many Instant Pot recipes suffer from the same common problem too much liquid.How many times have you removed the lid of your IP, only to see a soupy mix in the bottom of the pot? It took me a bit to realize that most recipes were simply adding far too much broth or other liquids. The meats and vegetables in keto instant pot recipes release quite a bit of liquid under the intense pressure. Although you need to add a little liquid to initiate the cooking process, too much can ruin the recipe entirely.Unless you are actually making soup in your Instant Pot, keep the liquids to a minimum. Often ¼ cup to ½ cup is sufficient.
Patta Gohbi Ki Sabzi Indian Style Cabbage Stir Fry
Most Indian meals include a variety of dishes. There is meat, roti, sabzi, lentils, rice, yogurt etc etc. Sabzi literally means vegetable and Patta Gobhi is cabbage. So today were making a simple Keto cabbage stir fry called Patta Gohbhi Ki Sabzi. This is something thats cooked regularly at home and something my mother always has with her dal chawal . This is a great side dish to have along with your Keto chicken curry and naan or if you are having maybe your Keto egg curry and cauliflower rice.
Most people think Indian food is complex, takes a lot of time, has a lot of spices and basically takes a lot of effort. However, thats not the whole truth. There are many Indian dishes that are easy to whip up, dont take much time and arent loaded with lots of ingredients. This is one such dish. So lets get cooking.
Don’t Miss: 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe
Quickrecipe Notes And Tips
Keto Napa Cabbage Recipes
Keto diet plans have truly come on strong in the past year and also a fifty percent and also permanently reason. Its a great means to not just shed those undesirable extra pounds swiftly but also a great way to obtain healthy and balanced and stay this way. For those that have tried the Keto Diet as well as are still on it, its greater than simply a diet plan. Its a way of life, a totally new way of life. Yet like any kind of significant shift in our lives, it is not an easy one, it takes an amazing quantity of dedication and also determination. Helpful for Some But except all? Although a ketogenic diet plan has actually been utilized to considerably boost peoples lifestyle, there are some out there who do not share the majoritys mind-set. However why is that precisely? Since we can remember we have been educated that the only means to do away with the added weight was to stop eating the fat-filled foods that we are so accustomed to eating each day. So instructing people to consume healthy and balanced fats you can certainly comprehend why some individuals would be doubtful regarding how as well as why you would certainly eat more fat to attain weight lost and also accomplish it quickly. This concept violates every little thing we have ever known about weight management.
Also Check: Veg Soup Recipes For Weight Loss
How To Make Fried Cabbage And Bacon
Now that you have cut up the cabbage its time to fry it, but first, you need to prepare the rest of the ingredients for your keto fried cabbage and bacon.
STEP 1: Cut the bacon into bite-sized pieces on a cutting board. Cook the bacon in a large frying pan or dutch oven. This is one of the only times I suggest cooking bacon in a pan instead of cooking it in the oven. Once its cooked, take it out of the pan and drain on paper towels.
STEP 2: Drain out of the pan about half of the grease and reserve it in case you need to use it later on.
STEP 3: Chop up the onion and start to saute it.
STEP 4: While the onion is starting to saute, now its time to add the cabbage, blending it with the onions. If it is sticking to the pan then add a little more bacon grease.
STEP 5: You dont want the cabbage to be soggy and overcooked so just saute the cabbage until its al dente which only takes about 5 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
STEP 6: Now add the pieces of bacon and blend it all together. Its complete and ready to eat!!
Helpful Insights About Cookstr Corned Beef With Potatoes Onions And Cabbage
- Net Carbs are 5% of calories per serving, at 14g per serving. This food is safe for the keto diet. If the amount is close to 25g per serving, consider whether you’re going to eat more food later.
- This food’s %DV for sodium is 52%. At 1189mg, it’s considered high in sodium according to the FDA’s standard for %DV . The organization considers any food with %DV of more than 20% as high in sodium. If too high sodium is detrimental to your health, this meal may negatively impact your health goals. 2300mg is the daily maximum sodium amount recommended by the FDA.
Recommended Reading: Hershey Bar Cake Recipe Southern Living
Keto Cabbage Soup Recipe
Keto Cabbage Soup Recipe very quick and easy to make, nutritious and delicious soup made with cabbage, ground beef and tomatoes.
Hearty, one pot, a family favorite, perfect for the cold weather. Instant pot option and video available.
As a child, I never liked cabbage soup.
I wouldnt even smell it.
But ever since I made this Keto Cabbage Soup, this soup has turned into a go to weekday meal.
Fortunately, my little guy loves all kinds of soups, this is why I feel obligated to make different soups, 3-4 times a week.
Have you heard about the cabbage soup diet though?
It is not a diet I support and its popularity has faded lately. Instead I prefer a balanced low-carb diet.
Looking for low-carb options, I decided to try making a cabbage soup with meat.
You can use chopped beef, instead of ground beef, if this is what you have and prefer.
In order for you to like this soup, you need to use the right seasoning.
While cabbage is nutritious and low-calorie, it doesnt have a ton of flavor of its own.
This is why, a simple combination of salt, pepper, thyme, paprika and bay leaf works well in this recipe.
Cabbage is very popular in my home country and I cook a lot with is. I use it in salad, stews, sautee it or make stuffed cabbage leaves.
How To Make Fried Cabbage With Bacon
This dish comes together very easily! You need just 5 ingredients, plus salt and pepper.
Heres how to make keto fried cabbage and bacon:
- Cook bacon. Place bacon onto a large, cold saute pan. Heat over medium heat, flipping halfway, until bacon is browned.
TIP: Cook bacon in batches if it wont all fit in the pan right away. You want it in a single layer.
- Cook onions. Add the onions to the bacon grease in the pan and fry until browned. Be patient we want them nice and caramelized.
- Cook garlic. Make a well in the center of the pan, add minced garlic and saute for about a minute, until fragrant. Then, mix it in with the onions.
- Cook cabbage. Add cabbage to the pan. Season with slat, paprika, and pepper. Cover and cook until cabbage is tender.
TIP: If the cabbage wont all fit in the pan, add it in batches and let it wilt down before adding more.
TIP: Cook time can vary depending on how big your cabbage is. Cook until soft and tender to your liking.
- Mix in bacon. Chop or crumble the bacon. When the cabbage is done, stir the bacon back into the pan.
You May Like: Campbell Soup Chicken Casserole Recipes
How To Make Keto Cabbage Steaks
To get started, preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking tray with baking paper. Slice your cabbage vertically into 1 inch thick slices.
Arrange the cabbage slices on your baking tray and drizzle them with olive oil generously. Season them with garlic powder, salt and black pepper. Rub the season gently with your fingers to make sure they’re evenly coated, then finally sprinkle over the sesame seeds.
Bake the cabbage steaks for 40 to 45 minutes until golden and delicious.
Serve the cabbage steaks hot as an appetizer or side dish, enjoy!
Helpful Insights About Recipessparkpeoplecom Lazy Day Cabbage Rolls
- Net Carbs are 7% of calories per serving, at 35g per serving. This food is a little higher than what’s considered keto-friendly but it falls within a range that won’t kick you out of ketosis. Search for foods within standard keto guidelines
- This food contains trans fat, a type of fat that’s considered extremely unhealthy. Learn more about unhealthy fats.
- This food’s %DV for sodium is 35%. At 815mg, it’s considered high in sodium according to the FDA’s standard for %DV . The organization considers any food with %DV of more than 20% as high in sodium. If too high sodium is detrimental to your health, this meal may negatively impact your health goals. 2300mg is the daily maximum sodium amount recommended by the FDA.
Recommended Reading: Heart Healthy Low Carb Recipes
What Is Cabbage Casserole
This is basically a low carb spin on cabbage rolls. Generally cabbage rolls are pretty tedious. You separate cabbage leaves, then make a stuffing and then roll them into the cabbage leaves kind of like you would enchiladas. It is just an involved process.
This recipe has those same great flavors but utilizes chopped cabbage and it is all made in one pan which saves a ton of time. Also, this recipe leaves out the rice making it a great hearty low carb comfort food.
Easy Sausage And Cabbage Dinner
- Protein: 20g
- Net Carbs: 6.5g
As the name suggests, this easy sausage & cabbage skillet makes for a delicious & healthy keto dinner packed with vitamins, nutrients, and good fats.
The good news is its also pretty satisfying and doesnt taste like diet food at all! Which in turn means your whole family will most probably Love it.
Who knew they could love a meal with so many veggies in it?
Don’t Miss: Best Smoothie Recipes For Pregnancy
Helpful Insights About Allrecipes Cabbage Rolls With Quinoa
- Net Carbs are 7% of calories per serving, at 24g per serving. This food is safe for the keto diet. If the amount is close to 25g per serving, consider whether you’re going to eat more food later.
- This food’s %DV for sodium is 41%. At 938mg, it’s considered high in sodium according to the FDA’s standard for %DV . The organization considers any food with %DV of more than 20% as high in sodium. If too high sodium is detrimental to your health, this meal may negatively impact your health goals. 2300mg is the daily maximum sodium amount recommended by the FDA.
Tools To Make Southern Fried Cabbage
Tap the links below to see the items used to make this recipe.
- Nonstick Wok Using this deep skillet will give you plenty of room for cooking fried cabbage. This one is nonstick with a hard-anodized surface that resists scratching, plus it has a lid!
- Food Processor Want easy keto cabbage stir fry? A food processor makes shredding cabbage way faster.
Don’t Miss: Tomato Sauce Recipe With Fresh Tomatoes
How To Make Fried Cabbage Ahead
Yes, you can make this Southern fried cabbage recipe ahead as it reheats really nicely, but you can also prep some of these components ahead and easily make it right before serving.
Simply fry up the bacon ahead of time and have the onions and cabbage chopped and ready to cook. Your cabbage stir fry recipe is half-way done!
What Kind Of Beef Can You Use In This Keto Beef Andcabbage Recipe
When making this delicious recipe, we liketo use ground beef. We like how easy this recipe is to make using this type ofbeef. If you want to substitute stewing beef, you can but you will have tochange the cooking time. This Keto friendly recipe uses ground beef to make adelicious, flavorful meal in what seems like no time.
Don’t Miss: Low Carb Juice Cleanse Recipes
This Fried Cabbage With Bacon Is The Perfect Pairing For Grilled Chicken And Steak Plus It’s Keto Friendly And Low Carb
Have you tried the keto diet? I have, and man, does it work! I’ll admit that I had a rough start with it, but after a few days, I settled into fat burning mode and I felt so great! Keto works for me better than most diets because it’s high protein and I don’t get hungry! Plus, you can eat delicious keto side dishes like this Fried Cabbage with Bacon!
I find myself getting so desperately hungry on most diets. I work out quite a bit, and my body needs my protein! Eating meat, hard cheeses and eggs comes pretty naturally to me. What’s tough is getting in my vegetables!
A lot of higher carb fruits and veggies are restricted on the keto diet. So, it limited the keto side dishes that you can make. And honestly, leaves me with the fruits and veggies that aren’t my favorite. I love my carbs, y’all! That’s why I love this fried cabbage so much!
It’s Fried Cabbage with Bacon, so what’s not to love? I pair it with a grilled chicken breast or a steak, and have an easy, keto-friendly dinner!
Making this keto Fried Cabbage with Bacon could not be easier! You did have a bit of chopping to do, but you can always save yourself some time but buying pre-chopped cabbage and carrots, and even onions if you can find them!
This keto salad has all of the good stuff bacon, butter, garlic, onions and Parmesan cheese! Oh yeah, and some veggies for good measure!
If you love this keto Fried Cabbage with Bacon, I think you’ll also love my keto friendly Hibachi Steak Lettuce Wraps!
Is Cabbage Soup Good For Weight Loss
If youve heard that cabbage soup is good for weight loss, it might be due to the the fad diet known as the Cabbage Soup Diet. Essentially, this is a restrictive diet which involves eating cabbage soup as the primary food for a week.
Since cabbage is low calorie, it makes sense that if thats all youre eating youre going to shed pounds. However, this is not a healthy or sustainable weight loss strategy.
That being said, it IS relatively low in carbs and a great way to get a lot of nutrition in your diet. While vegetables do have some carbs, I am in the camp that it is better to include vegetables in your diet than to exclude them all in order to cut out a couple extra carbs.
If youd like to make this even lower in carbs, you can omit the higher-carb veggies such as carrots, or reduce the amount.
Read Also: 5 Day Liquid Diet Weight Loss Recipes
Premium Recipes Require A Subscription
- The Health & Wellness Center703-354-7336
- Address: 4501 Ford Avenue,Alexandria, VA 22302
- Monday – Friday: 7 a.m. – 12 a.m. EST Saturday – Sunday : 10 a.m. – 7 p.m. EST
- TALK TO A KETO CONSULTANT: Monday – Friday: 8:00 a.m. – 9 p.m. ESTSaturday – Sunday: 9:00 a.m. – 5 p.m. EST
All of the information on this websiteDrberg.comis published for general informationand educational purposes only. Drberg.com does not make any guarantees about the completeness,reliability, and accuracy of this information. This information is not intended to treat orcure any medical conditions, provide medical advice, or take the place of your physicians advice.All viewers/readers of this site and content are advised to consult a qualified health professionalregarding health questions and concerns. The dietary and other substances, and/or materials, equipmentor devices discussed on this site may not have undergone evaluation and/or testing by the United StatesFood and Drug Administration or like agency of any other country. Risks that might be determined bysuch testing are unknown. . Any action you take upon the information that you find within this content is strictly atyour own risk. Neither Dr. Eric Berg nor any content publishers will be liable for any damagesor losses in connection with the content on this website. All viewers should consult their physiciansbefore starting any lifestyle, supplement, or nutrition program.
Helpful Insights About Stockpilingmomscom Unstuffed Turkey Cabbage Rolls Recipes
- Net Carbs are 4% of calories per serving, at 6g per serving. This food is safe for the keto diet. If the amount is close to 25g per serving, consider whether you’re going to eat more food later.
- This food’s %DV for sodium is 25%. At 573mg, it’s considered high in sodium according to the FDA’s standard for %DV . The organization considers any food with %DV of more than 20% as high in sodium. If too high sodium is detrimental to your health, this meal may negatively impact your health goals. 2300mg is the daily maximum sodium amount recommended by the FDA.
Recommended Reading: Bloody Mary Recipe With Premade Mix