Pro Tips For Making This Recipe
- If your bananas are not quite ripe yet then you can ripen them at home in the oven, see how to do this below.
- Dont overmix the batter or your bread will be too dense.
- Dont worry if your mashed bananas have some lumps in them theyll add a pop of flavor.
- Make sure your butter and eggs are both at room temperature for best results.
- Looking for variations? you can add in chopped walnuts or pecans for extra texture, its delicious.
- If youd like to make this into muffins be sure to check out my Banana chocolate chip muffins recipe.
- If youre not sure if your banana bread is ready you can insert a skewer into the middle of the loaf and if it comes out clean its ready.
Easy Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Easy Chocolate Chip Banana Bread is a classic recipe that yields the best banana bread. And its loaded with chocolate chips to make this bread extra special. This recipe requires only 15 minutes of prep!
Banana bread is a classic bread that frequently makes an appearance in our house. Who doesnt love the small of fresh bread from the oven? Its a great choice for breakfast or snack. Add chocolate chips and you create a delectable sweet treat everyone loves. Mix together the ingredients in one bowl, bake and enjoy. Its that easy!
You Are Looking At Just Four Easy Steps For Making Banana Bread
I love how easy this bread is to make and honestly, Im not sure theres anything that smells better than this batter baking in the oven.
Read Also: Easy Recipes For Large Family
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Recipe: Frequently Asked Questions
Can I make this banana bread gluten free?
I have not tested this specific recipe, but I have a delicious recipe for gluten free banana bread thats just as moist! Just add chocolate chips.
Can I use plain yogurt instead?
If you dont have Greek yogurt or sour cream, you can also use plain unsweetened yogurt.
Can I use less sugar in this recipe?
Sugar plays a big role in the moist texture of this bread. Adjusting it will likely change the banana bread. For a refined sugar free option, try swapping all of the sugar with coconut sugar.
Why did my banana bread sink in the middle?
This is likely due to two missteps: 1. You over mixed the batter. Over mixing develops the gluten strands in the flour, creating a more dense and heavy batter. Mix just until the ingredients are combined. This is why its important to mix the batter by hand. 2. Your pan is too small. 9×5 loaf pans can vary in size, as mine is about 9.5x5x5 inches. If you have a smaller loaf pan, only fill the pan about 2/3 full. Any more than than and the center of the banana bread will have trouble baking all the way through.
Do I need to make this banana bread with chocolate chips?
If you just want plain banana bread, you can leave out the chocolate chips. Alternatively, you can add nuts instead.
Common Questions About Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Can you freeze whole bananas?
Yes, you can freeze whole bananas. I recommend peeling them before you freeze them and place them in a freezer bag. They last about 6 months in the freezer.
Can bananas be too ripe for banana bread?
Not at all! You can use very ripe bananas for this chocolate chip banana bread.
How do you keep banana bread moist?
To make sure banana bread stays moist, make sure to use very ripe bananas. They provide the perfect amount of moisture for this chocolate chip banana bread recipe. Also, wrap the freshly baked bread in plastic wrap or aluminum foil before placing it in the fridge. Doing this will prevent it from drying out.
What can you add to banana bread?
Aside from chocolate chips, you can also add nuts to banana bread.
How long should I cool banana bread?
I recommend cooling the banana bread in the loaf pan for 30 minutes before serving.
What is the best way to store banana bread?
The banana bread will keep for about 1 week in the fridge once its wrapped in plastic wrap or aluminum foil.
Is it OK to freeze banana bread?
Yes! To freeze the baked banana bread, wrap the loaf or slices tightly in plastic wrap and place in the freezer for up to 3 months.
This is my favorite banana bread recipe! My mom loves it too except she likes to add walnuts. You can replace the chocolate chips for any nut, add both, or not include any add-ins at all. Choose your own adventure. )
Now if youll excuse me, Im off to have another slice. Its just SO GOOD!
You May Like: Sex On The Beach Shot Recipe
The Best Banana Chocolate Chip Bread Recipe Ever
Published: · · About 5 minutes to read this article.
Deliciously easy baked banana bread loaded with chocolate chips is a family favorite – try with good quality butter for a knockout breakfast!
There is nothing more comforting, warming, and delicious than a warm, gooey, and moist banana bread just out of the oven – full of melty chocolate chips and tons of fresh banana flavor.
This banana bread recipe is one of my favorites – it is designed to be easy , and adaptable .
This recipe is one of my favorite easy baked banana bread recipes – loaded with chocolate chips and tons of flavor.
I hope you love this recipe as much as my family!
If you’d like to try this recipe as blondie-style banana bars, please find my recipe here.
How To Make Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
I like to make this banana bread in one bowl! Its so easy. Heres how you make it.
- Prepare your loaf pan. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease and line a 9×5 loaf pan with parchment paper, making sure the parchment is hanging over the sides of the loaf pan. This will help you easily remove the whole loaf after baking. Spray with nonstick spray and set aside.
- Combine the wet ingredients. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together for about 2 minutes until smooth. Mash the bananas with a fork then stir them into the batter. Whisk in the egg and add in the vanilla. Mix, scraping down the sides of the bowl, until well combined.
- Whisk in the dry ingredients. Add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Make sure the flour is not clumpy. Mix until just combined. Careful not to over mix the wet with the dry ingredients. Using a spatula, fold in the chocolate chips and/or walnuts. Feel free to add other mix-ins too!
- Bake the banana bread. Pour the batter into the loaf pan and sprinkle a handful of chocolate chips on top. Bake for 55-65 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean. Let cool for at least 30 minutes before serving. Get ready for the softest, most moist banana bread youve ever had.
You May Like: Lemon Recipe To Burn Belly Fat
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread/ Muffins
This chocolate chip banana bread is one of my favorite things in the world! I could probably live off of it. Thats a little extreme, but I honestly mean it. Ive officially created my favorite go-to banana bread recipe, and its a family favorite. Ive been trying to figure out my go-to recipe for YEARS, and I finally got it! Even Thomas told me its the best one Ive ever made. I upgraded this recipe from my previous version in September 2019, and its even better! I added an additional banana, brown sugar, a little more flour, and baking powder. Hope you enjoy!!
Can I Make Banana Bread Ahead
Wrap baked and cooled banana bread in parchment paper or foil and place in an airtight container to prevent it from drying out. You can also keep your banana bread in the fridge for up to a week. Allow to come to room temperature before serving. Banana bread also freezes very well. Wrap baked and cooled banana bread tightly in a layer of parchment paper and then foil. Place in a freezer-safe container or freezer bag and freeze for up to 3 months. You can also freeze slices of banana bread in the same way.
Don’t Miss: 7 Healthy Salad Recipes For Weight Loss
Which Is Best Constant Low Heat Baking Or High/then Low Baking Temp
You can take either approach for this chocolate chip banana bread recipe, but we found that youll get the most rise from a high/low baking heat approach.
An oven set to a high heat when you first put the bread in the oven will activate the leavening agent in the batter so your quick bread will rise up the sides and start to dome up in the middle. Then, reducing the oven to a lower heat will allow the bread to bake through more evenly, without over-browning the outside of the loaf.
Weve tried the lower, steady baking temperature as well but the banana bread will bake up flatter.
Chefs Tip We also took two other steps to ensure even baking of our Chocolate Chip Banana Bread. First, we lined the metal pan with parchment paper handles so we could remove the banana bread from the pan as soon as it was done baking. Then, we wrapped foil around the outside of the pan so less direct heat would hit the pan. Use shiny foil side out to reflect the heat. As the baking time went on, we also added a piece of foil, loosely tented over the top, to prevent too much browning while the inside still cooked through.
Can I Use Oil Instead Of Butter
Yes, you can replace melted butter with an equal amount of oil to make this recipe dairy free. Of course butter has better flavour and I prefer this recipe with butter however oil will make the loaf even more moist if that is what you prefer.
If you love Banana Bread, check out my other delicious banana recipes:
Don’t Miss: Wheat And Corn Free Recipes
Tip: How To Quickly Ripen Bananas
If youre sitting there with unripe bananas and absolutely need to bake banana bread, there are a couple of tricks for speeding up the ripening process:
- Add to a paper bag. If you can wait a day or two, throw the bananas into a brown paper bag. Bananas release ethylene . If you can place the bag in a warmer area of your home, the process will go even quicker.
- Bake them. For a really quick option, you can bake bananas in their peel to ripen them. This trick works best when the bananas arent completely green and instead are already starting to ripen. To do it, line unpeeled bananas on a baking sheet and bake in a 300 degree F oven until they look shiny and black . Dont worry if some banana or juices leak out while they bake. While this is a nice tip, I do prefer the taste of naturally ripened bananas to the oven-baked option.
Its the bananas that make banana bread so moist, sweet, and flavorful. When youre ready with your bananas, the rest of the recipe comes together quickly.
Even Better The Next Day
This is amazing warm, right out of the oven. And its even more indulgent with a spread of butter.
BUT the thing with this chocolate chip banana bread is that its out of control delicious when its warmbut it is also SO GOOD the next day! The flavors have a chance to blend together and get really soft and friendly.
Don’t Miss: Gluten Free Pie Crust Recipe
Tips For Easy Banana Bread
- Mash your bananas well with a fork. Its fine if there is a few lumps.
- The batter should be thick and lumpy once all of the ingredients are mixed through. You may be tempted to add more liquid, but you wont need it. This banana bread is perfect.
- Do not be tempted to over mix!
- Use a pale coloured loaf pan light grey or white is ideal. Dark or black loaf pans are known to darken the bottom of cakes or loaves.
- Line your loaf pan with parchment paper. Leave a 3 inch overhang to make it easy to pull and lift the banana bread out of the pan.
- Place your loaf onto a cooling rack to let cool, or enjoy a slice fresh out of the oven!
How To Make Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Recipe
If you want to make some of my amazing bread, youre going to need to have these delicious ingredients on hand.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 medium very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup light brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup granulated sugar, plus more for sprinkling
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup semi-sweet mini chocolate chips, extra for the top
This is seriously the best chocolate chip banana bread recipe youre ever going to try. The texture is perfect and the flavor is amazing. My husband requests that I make this bread all the time because its one of his favorite treats to have in the evening with a cup of coffee.
My kids also just plain love this recipe, especially when it shows up packed in their school lunches!
This pan is my favorite for making this and many other bread recipes!
Read Also: Best Smoothie Recipes For Pregnancy
How To Ripen Bananas For Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Dont have ripe bananas on hand? There are a few ways you can speed up the ripening process to make your bananas perfect for banana bread!
And there you have it! Ripe bananas that are going to make your chocolate chip banana bread extra delicious.
If you already have frozen ripe bananas, you can also use those. Just leave them out for about 30 minutes to 1 hour in order to thaw before using.
Just Take Me To The Best Banana Chocolate Chip Bread Recipe Already
I have readers of all levels of comfort in the kitchen on my site – so I try to provide as much information as possible into my posts because I get so many requests for it.
If you’d rather skip over all that, and get straight to the chocolate chip banana bread recipe, please scroll to the bottom of the page.
You May Like: Homemade Hot Cocoa Mix Recipe
Our Best Tips For Making Banana Bread
When Im baking banana bread, I expect it to come out perfectly . Here are our best tips for making this banana bread recipe:
Grease the loaf pan and place the pan on an insulated baking sheet or on two regular baking sheets stacked on top of the other. This is a trick we picked up years ago. The insulated sheet , helps the bottom of the bread bake evenly so it doesnt over brown.
For glass pans, reduce the temperature. If you are using a glass loaf pan, reduce the oven temperature by 25 degrees Fahrenheit.
How can I tell when its done? You can tell when banana bread is done when you can pierce the bread with a long cake tester and it comes out clean .
What if its browning too quickly? If, during baking, the top of the bread looks like it is getting too brown, cover loosely with aluminum foil and continue to bake until done.
Cool to room temperature. Since the loaf continues to cook as it cools, it is best to allow it to cool to room temperature. I leave the baked banana bread in the pan for 5 to 10 minutes before turning it out onto a wire rack where it can cool completely.
Key Ingredients And Substitutions
- Soft, ripe bananas Chose extra ripe, very soft bananas. If you have frozen bananas on hand, you can use those as well including the liquid once thawed.
- Eggs For baking of any kind, you should always bring your eggs up to room temperature unless specifically stated otherwise. Large eggs are the assumed size in recipes as well.
- Two kinds of sugars Youll use both granulated and brown sugar in this banana bread.
- Vanilla Use a real vanilla extract, not a vanilla-flavored imitation .
- Dry ingredients All-purpose flour, sea salt and baking soda make up the dry
- Fat Youll include a combination of melted butter and canola oil in the batter.
- Chocolate Chips We used semi-sweet morsels in the batter and sprinkled over the top before baking. You could also use dark chocolate chips.
Read Also: Sugar Wax At Home Recipe
How Do You Keep Banana Bread Moist
First off, this Chocolate Chip Banana Bread recipe is ultra moist and delicious from the start! If you want to keep banana bread moist, I recommend letting the banana bread cool completely before wrapping it tightly in plastic wrap.
Place the wrapped banana bread in a zip close container to ensure to oxygen can reach it, and then store on the counter for up to 5 days. You can keep it refrigerated for up to 8 days as well.