Low Carb Granola Bars Ingredients
This section explains how to choose the best ingredients for keto friendly granola bars, what each one does in the recipe, and substitution options. For measurements, see the recipe card below.
- ChocZero Sugar-Free Dark Chocolate Chips These little chips make keto homemade granola bars taste like they came from the store all with no sugar!
- Nuts I used a blend of almonds and pecans, but you can use any kind of keto nuts. Roasted nuts have the best flavor.
- Seeds I used pumpkin seeds and hemp seeds. You can also use sunflower seeds instead of pumpkin, but I recommend leaving the hemp seeds in because they help with texture and binding. Make sure they are shelled.
- Shredded Coconut Opt for medium-sized flakes and make sure its unsweetened.
- Powdered Monk Fruit Allulose Blend Tastes just like sugar and mixes seamlessly with the base that binds all the nuts and seeds together, so bars wont taste gritty.
- Sea Salt Balances the sweet flavor.
- Almond Butter Use the natural, runny kind with no added sugar. Any natural nut butter you prefer will work.
- Egg Egg helps to hold the bar mixture together, so dont skip it. I havent tested it myself, but a flax egg should also work here.
- Vanilla Extract For more flavor!
Low Calorie Granola Bar Recipe
How to prepare
Granulate the Oats
- Granulate a piece of the moved oats into a kind of oat flour by setting 1/2 measure of the moved oats in a blender or sustenance processor. Process on rapid for around 5 to 10 seconds, until the point that the oats take after a coarse flour.
- Put the oat flour aside until the point when the time has come to consolidate the majority of the fixings.
- Warmth the stove to 325 F.
Consolidate the Ingredients
- In a huge bowl, consolidate the rest of the 2 containers moved oats, the 1/2 glass mixed oat flour, the almonds, slashed raisins, darker sugar, wheat germ, and salt.
- In a little dish, consolidate the egg and the two isolated egg whites utilizing a fork to whisk the eggs daintily.
- Include the maple syrup and the vanilla to the egg blend and consolidate well.
- Empty the egg blend into the oat blend and utilize a fork to consolidate the blend until the point that the majority of the dry fixings are soaked.
Press the Mixture into a Baking Dish
- Coat a 10×8-inch preparing skillet with nonstick cooking shower. Spoon the oat blend into the dish.
- Utilize the back of a huge spoon or your fingers to press the blend solidly into the heating dish. Ensure that the blend is equally appropriated in the skillet.
Prepare the Mixture
Slice And Store Properly
Use a sharp chefs knife to slice these bars. I like to slice them into squares. Another option would be to slice them into bars like this. I think the squares are a little more sturdy. Be sure not to stack the bars on top of each other, or they can stick. You can store them flat, covered, or wrap them individually in plastic wrap or parchment paper.
Please let me know how your granola bars turn out in the comments! I love hearing from you.
- Total Time:20 minutes
- Yield:16 bars 1x
Also Check: High Protein Vegetarian Slow Cooker Recipes
German Chocolate Protein Bars
Serves: 12Nutrition: 230 calories, 11 g fat, 29 g carbs, 5 g fiber, 14 g sugars, 8 g protein
This decadent protein bar is a guaranteed winner. Rich dark chocolate, shredded coconut, and naturally sweet Medjool dates mend together so wonderfully, you’ll have a hard time stopping once you dig in!
Get the recipe from My Darling Vegan.
How To Make Protein Granola
Lets get to the best part making homemade protein granola cereal!
Heres a more detailed step-by-step guide:
Don’t Miss: Best Green Smoothie Recipes For Weight Loss
Is Granola Good For Weight Loss
Granola is full of oats, nuts, and seeds. These ingredients all have fiber and protein which is satiating. In addition, granola requires chewing, which may be another satiety signal that can lead to feeling full. According to nutritionist Richard Mattes, nuts help with weight loss because theyre high in protein, and protein is satiatinghigh in fiber, and fiber is satiatingrich in unsaturated fats, and there is some literature that suggests that has satiety value.
Is High Protein Granola Healthy
Because of the oats, nuts, and seeds, granola delivers healthy, plant-based fiber, protein, omega-3s, and more. However, many granola mixes include lots of sugar, fats, and even eggs. Look for a recipe with minimal sweeteners and fats. Vegan granola doesnt use eggs, such as this recipe that uses ground flax seeds.
You May Like: Easy Pancake Recipe For Kids
Raspberry Chocolate Protein Bars
Serves: 8Nutrition: 234 calories, 10.4 g fat, 2.1 g sat fat, 25.7 g carbs, 3.8 g fiber, 14.4 g sugar, 11.8 g protein
Sweet, chewy and brimming with energy, these homemade protein bars are your delicious solution to that pesky 3 p.m. slump. Choose your favorite protein powderwe’re fans of pea proteinand use these bars to swap out your daily sugar-laden granola bar. With just a touch of added honey and zero unnatural sweeteners, these bars get a natural sweet-tart pop of flavor from fresh berries.
Get the recipe from Yummy Healthy Easy.
Peanut Butter Granola Bars Ingredients
- Rolled Oats simple, old-fashioned rolled oats.
- Natural Peanut Butter we like the drippy kind of peanut butter made with only peanuts and maybe a little salt, but use what you have on hand. Feel free to sub any kind of nut or seed butter.
- Maple Syrup could also substitute honey.
- Chocolate Chips because chocolate and peanut butter is a pair that cant be beaten.
- Eggs egg-free version noted below and in the recipe card.
- BONUS add-ins get creative with what you have on hand, or let your kids be chefs for the day and choose their favorite add-ins! Youll find a full list of our favorite substations and mix-ins below!
This post contains affiliate links that will not change your price but will share some commission.
Also Check: Keto Meal Replacement Shake Recipe
How To Make High Protein Low
Gather your ingredients! And thanks to Joan, for her recipe! These are the “Joan Bars” 🙂
Stir together wet ingredients, and then dump in your protein powder.
Soak your dried cranberries in hot water for about 5 minutes, then drain the water.
Then stir the powdered milk, oats, and cranberries into the rest of the batter!
Add your salt, vanilla and cinnamon!
Pour evenly in a greased 8×8 baking dish. Bake for about 15 minutes!
Allow bars 5 minutes to cool. Cut into 10 slices. 🙂
Each bar is only 118 calories and packs 8.3 grams of protein!
Store in plastic baggies, keep in the fridge and they’ll last for about a week!
I took some fancy dancy pictures. 🙂
My mom says these are way better than her diet bars. Yes!
Ooo so yummy.
Skip The Grocery Store And Make Healthy Granola Bars Right In The Comfort Of Your Own Kitchen
Not only will you save money, but youll also be 100% in control of whats going into the granola bars. Many of the store-bought granola bars come with a lengthy list of ingredients, are made with refined sugars, and include an array of pesky preservatives .
These 5-Ingredient Peanut Butter Granola Bars are simple to make, made with only real food ingredients, and are refined sugar-free. Best of all, you know exactly what goes into them! Peanut buttery, chocolaty, subtly sweet, and soft baked! You cant beat that.
Don’t Miss: How To Create My Own Recipe Book
Sweet Potato Protein Bar
Serves: 8Nutrition: 184 calories, 7.4 fat, 1.9 sat fat, 17.2 carbs, 1.7 fiber, 9.9 sugars, 13.3 g protein
Sweet potatoes make an unexpectedbut deliciousappearance in this protein bar recipe, giving these bars their wonderful orange tint and giving you a generous amount of vitamin A, a nutrient that aids in immune function, vision, reproduction, and cellular communication.
Get the recipe from The Lean Green Bean.
Protein Granola Energy Bars
Throughout my years of racing and marathoning, Ive built up quite a repertoire of favorite no-bake protein bars, crunchy granola, and energy bites. Theyre not only fantastic for pre/post workout fuel, but energy bars are a quick and healthy breakfast or afternoon pick-me-up.
These Protein Granola Energy Bars are a powerhouse of nutrition that tastes delicious. Theyre loaded with the goodness of oats, honey, chia seeds, protein, and chocolate chips. Old fashioned, rolled oats are a key reason these protein bars so healthy, satisfying, and chewy-delicious.
Read Also: Taco Bell Chicken Burrito Recipe
What I Love About This Low Carb Granola Bars Recipe
Finding delicious, filling low carb breakfasts that are also easy to make feels like an impossible task so this keto granola bars recipe is even more coveted!
- Comes together in less than an hour, with only 15 minutes of actual work!
- Stores beautifully! In the fridge or freezer.
- Great for breakfast or snack time
- Easy to customize Add or remove your favorite nuts, seeds, and goodies!
How To Make Healthy Granola Bars:
This is one of our favorite granola bar recipes because of how easy it is to throw together! Bonus: theres no need to dirty your food processor or blender everything is mixed together in one bowl for easy clean-up!
Don’t Miss: Best Healthy Ground Turkey Recipes
Dry Ingredients: Oats Puffed Rice Cereal And Graham Cracker Crumbs
The recipe calls for rolled oats, but quick oats would work fine if thats all you have on hand. Though I wouldnt recommend something like steel cut oats.
If youre unfamiliar with puffed rice cereal, its kind of like Honey Smacks in raw form. If you have trouble finding this in your local grocery, you can order it from Amazon. Puffed kamut seems to be a viable alternative.
Beyond this protein granola, puffed rice cereal on its own is a great way to increase the volume of snacks or add crunch to yogurt.
For the graham cracker crumbs, you could use any crushed cereal or sweet cookie. Or you could swap it entirely for chopped nuts like the pumpkin seeds in my high protein pumpkin spice granola.
No Bake Cinnamon Roll Protein Bars
Serves: 8Nutrition: 120 calories, 5 g fat, 1 g sat fat, 11 g carbs, 3 g fiber, 4 g sugar, 9 g protein
Whipping up a batch of these no-bake bars is as easy and fast as it gets, and totally worth it. Flavor boosting cinnamon will stabilize your blood sugar and ward off insulin spikes, meaning they’ll keep you feeling full longer. Pack one or two of these sweet bars for an afternoon snack and you won’t look twice at the break-room vending machine.
Get the recipe from The Healthy Maven.
Recommended Reading: Aunt Jemima Waffle Mix Recipe
No Bake Apple Pie Protein Bars
Serves: 10Nutrition: 239 calories, 7 g fat, 2 g sat fat, 36 g carbs, 6 g fiber, 9 g sugar, 10 g protein
These homemade protein bars taste like your favorite classic American dessert, minus all the unnecessary fat and sugar. With an impressive 10 grams of protein per serving, they’re the perfect mid-morning snack to hold you over until lunchtime. Arman, the mastermind behind this waist-friendly recipe, says that they taste best when frozen and then thawed for 10 minutes.
Get the recipe from The Big Man’s World.
Which Protein Powder Is Best
Brown rice protein powder, casein protein powder, or a whey protein powder blend is best. I never recommend a strict whey protein powder, as it tends to make protein powder recipes gooey and wet.
PRO TIP- Ensure you LIKE the taste of your protein powder, as the flavor will be quite prominent in your protein granola bars!
Storing And Freezing Bars
- To store: If you prefer softer granola bars, you can store them in a sealable container, at room temperature. They will keep well for up to one week. If you prefer thicker and chewier granola bars, store them in the refrigerator and enjoy them directly from there.
- To freeze: You can freeze leftover granola bars by placing them in a ziplock bag. Store in the freezer for up to 6 months.
Keto Friendly Granola Bar Recipe Variations
The easy keto granola bars shown here are the perfect base recipe but there are so many ways to change up the flavors and textures!
- White chocolate cranberry Substitute sugar free white chocolate chips and add sugar free dried cranberries to the mix. Add orange zest too, if youd like!
- Peanut butter chocolate chip Use peanut butter instead of almond butter. For extra PB flavor, include sugar free peanut butter chips.
- Mint chocolate Add a teaspoon of peppermint extract to wet ingredients.
- White chocolate macadamia nut Swap almonds with macadamia nuts and substitute keto white chocolate chips.
Also Check: Margarita Recipe Using Grand Marnier
Triple Chocolate Protein Cake Bars
Serves: 9Nutrition: 116 calories, 4.5 g fat, 1.2 g sat fat, 11.9 g carbs, 2.0 g fiber, 2.9 g sugar, 8.3 g protein
Whether you enjoy these bars as a snack or healthy dessert alternative, you’ll get over eight grams of protein from a combination of whey protein powders, walnuts, and plain Greek yogurt. If you’re a healthy eater with a soft spot for sweets, you’ll love this ingenious take on the classic protein bar.
Get the recipe from Running to the Kitchen.
Why This Recipe Is A Winner
- Using plant-based protein powder adds flavor, protein, and even some texture to this recipe
- Adding nuts and seeds contributes nutrition, nutty flavor, and crunch to every bite
- Ground flax seeds added to the granola sauce means no eggs are needed to create granola clusters, the part of granola we all love!
- Protein powder granola doesnt need much in the way of added sweetener because many protein powders have sweeteners in them.
Recommended Reading: Vegetarian Keto Meal Plan Recipes
How To Make Keto Granola Bars
This section shows how to make the best keto granola bar recipe with step-by-step photos and details about the technique. For full instructions, see the recipe card below.
- Prep oven. Preheat to 350 degrees F and line a baking dish with parchment paper.
- Chop nuts. Add almonds to a food processor, pulsing only a few times, then add pecans and pulse again until nuts are about 1/4 inch in size.
- Add dry ingredients. Transfer nuts to a bowl and add pumpkin seeds, shredded coconut, hemp seeds, Besti, and salt.
- Mix wet ingredients. In a separate bowl, combine almond butter, egg, and vanilla.
- Combine. Add nut butter mixture to dry ingredients. Fold in most of the chocolate chips, reserving a few tablespoons for later.
- Press. Push the mixture firmly into the prepared baking dish and press remaining chocolate chips into the top.
- Bake. Keep in the oven until edges turn golden brown.
- Cool and cut. Cool the sugar free granola bar recipe completely in the pan before removing. Lift the parchment paper out and slice into bars.
Hemp Hearts And Coconut Bar
- Sugar: 6 grams
- Protein: 8 grams
This hemp-based granola bar recipe totals about 218 calories per serving with only 6 grams of sugar and 8 grams of protein total.
These granola bars are also loaded with about 12 grams of healthy, unsaturated fat. Found in foods like avocado or olive oil, unsaturated fats are necessary in the body and can help lower LDL cholesterol levels and inflammation, according to Harvard Health Publishing.
Get the Hemp Hearts and Coconut Bar recipe and nutrition info here.
Recommended Reading: Quick And Easy Sweet Potato Recipes
Healthy Granola Bars Recipe
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line an 8×8 baking sheet with parchment paper for easy protein bar removal. In a large bowl, mix together oats, protein powder, flax meal, flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. In a small bowl, whisk together apple sauce, honey and vanilla. Pour mixture over the oat mixture and stir well.
Made from seeds and nuts, these healthy sugar free low carb granola bars with chocolate chips are gluten, grain-free, and a great grab-and-go snack. They’re so much like the real thing – you won’t believe it! —– My kids have been back to school for almost 2 months now. Its been an exciting school year because my daughter started middle school.
Press the mixture down firmly into a baking pan. Grease a small piece of aluminum foil and use it to compress the mixture down into the pan as smoothly and firmly as possible. Place pan in the oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until grains appear toasted and smell fragrant. Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes.
Shop-bought low carb protein bars. I get it. Shop-bought low carb protein bars are suuper convenient. But they often come with a hefty price tag.Plus, many contain additives to extend shelf life, questionable sweeteners and inflammatory vegetable oils. And while they do solve an immediate problem , I’ve never sampled one that actually tastes GREAT.