What Youll Need To Make A Cadillac Margarita
The Speckled Palate participates in affiliate programs. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases. Please refer to my disclosure page for more information about these affiliate programs.
In addition to these tools, youll need just two simple ingredients that youve probably got on hand already:
- Premium tequilaI use a silver or blanco tequila in this recipe for its light flavor and brightness
- Grand Marnierthere is no substitute for a Cadillac Margarita.
- Freshly squeezed lime juiceI purchase cold pressed lime juice from the refrigerated section at the grocery store. Its with the pre-chopped fruit and is worth the splurge. However, you can purchase limes and squeeze em yourself if thats what youd rather do.
- Simple syrupyou can make it at home or you can purchase it from the store or online
Cocktail Recipe: Espolon Grand Margarita
is one of the most popular tequila cocktails. Lime juice, tequila, orange liqueur, a salted rim glass it doesnt take more to imagine yourself on a terrace in the sun!
For Cinco de Mayo or to imagine youre on vacation, here is the recipe for Espolon Grand Margarita, a version of this iconic cocktail with Epsolon tequila and Grand Marnier cognac.
Why You Need To Make This Recipe
- The ultimate premium margarita. Cadillac margaritas use only top-shelf ingredients to make a drink that goes down oh-so smoothly.
- Quick and easy as it gets. This may be a high-quality margarita, but that doesn’t mean it’s difficult to make. Even the beginner mixologist can whip up this cocktail like a pro.
- Universally beloved. Everyone loves even a basic house margarita. Now imagine how happy they’ll be when you set a top-shelf margarita in front of your guests.
- Perfect for parties. Not only is a Cadillac margarita a real crowd pleaser but you can easily size up the recipe to serve a large group.
Also Check: Recipes Using Ingredients I Have
The Best Frozen Margarita Recipe
With this amazing frozen margarita, make the simple classic recipe or use Grand Marnier to make an epic cadillac margarita.
The Best Frozen Margarita Recipe:
If youre looking for an incredible homemade frozen margarita recipe, this blend is epic! You can make a Classic Margarita with this recipe or use Cointreau and Triple Sec and make a Cadillac Margarita. Either way, this frozen margarita recipe will be a winner! I realized earlier this year that a stunning frozen margarita recipe was alarmingly absent from the site. So, here it is!
How To Make A Frozen Margarita:
To make a really incredible frozen margarita, ditch the margarita mix. Yeah, yeah, I knowthose mixes are great for convenience. But, they make pretty average margaritas! And, the mixes typically use low quality ingredients and cheap sugar. Until somebody shows me an awesome quality pre-mixed margarita, Im going to continue to say that, Life is just too short to drink sub-standard margaritas made from crappy margarita mix.
Until the day when a margarita-mix-super-fan proves me wrong and rocks my world, Im gonna say, always assemble your ingredients from scratch to completely control the quality and flavor of every aspect of your margarita.
Frozen Margarita Ingredients:
Use high quality tequila, fresh lime juice , Cointreau or high quality Triple sec , and pure maple syrup or other natural sweetener. You can, of course, use regular cane sugar. But why?
How To Make Lime Salt:
Expert Tips And Tricks
- For the best Cadillac Margarita, get the best quality tequila you can afford.
- Skip the Cointreau and go for the Grand Marnier. Its clearly the better booze in this situation.
- If you want to be super fancy, save the Grand Marnier til the end and pour it on top of the tequila and lime juice in the glass. It will look pretty in the glass and will make you look like a pro.
Don’t Miss: Healthy Supper Recipes For Weight Loss
Bourbon And Grand Marnier Cocktail
Sometimes, keeping it super simple is the best way to go, and perfect simplicity is what you get with simple bourbon and Grand Marnier cocktails.
Make sure you use true bourbon, which must be aged for at least two years in new charred oak barrels that have good airflow.
This recipe calls for Grand Marnier, good bourbon, sweet vermouth, and fresh lemon juice.
Garnish your Grand Marnier and bourbon cocktail with a lemon slice and serve on the rocks.
When a cocktail is so simple, sometimes it is just beautiful, and thats exactly why The Beautiful Cocktail is called that.
The Beautiful cocktail is also sometimes called a French Connection Number 2.
This recipe follows the theory of the B& B , which says you should enhance a good brandy with nothing but top-shelf liquor.
For The Beautiful Cocktail, use Grand Marnier and a premium cognac.
Why We Love This Recipe
- Easy to make: you just need 5 ingredients and less than 10 minutes to throw together a batch of these Grand Marnier margaritas!
- Best of the best ingredients: every ingredient in this Grand Marnier margarita is top of line. High quality reposado tequila and orange liqueur, freshly squeezed orange and lime juice it’s absolutely delicious.
- Perfect for any occasion: this Grand Marnier margarita is fancy enough for a special occasion, but also easy enough for every day.
You May Like: Philadelphia Cream Cheese Banana Bread Recipe
The Best Cadillac Margarita
I was hooked after savoring my first Cadillac Margarita in my early 20s. This was my first experience into the world of high class cocktails and it was marvelous. It tasted like the margaritas I was used to, only much, much better. The bittersweet orange flavor along with the warm and woodsy cognac flavor took that simple lime and tequila over the top.
Since then, Grand Marnier has been a top favorite flavor of mine, from cocktails to this Grand Marnier souffle dessert. The cocktail is a lot easier to make than a souffle, so lets make Cadillac Margaritas!
How To Make A Pitcher Of Margaritas:
Detailed instructions are included in the recipe below, but here is a brief overview of how to make pitcher margaritas:
Read Also: Nature’s Recipe Grain Free
How To Select A Perfectly Ripe Lime
I have limes on hand all the time because their delicious juice goes great with so many different foods. Fresh lime juic spruces up salad, chicken, all different types of beverages and so many other things. When selecting limes at the grocery store, look for these attritbutes to make sure you are getting the juiciest, ripest ones:
- First, smell the lime. Go ahead, put it right up to your nose and smell for a strong limey scent. The stronger the scent of lime, the riper the fruit will be.
- The darker green limes are typically riper and juicier, as well. The exception to this is if you are purchasing key limes. Key limes are smaller in size and have a more concentrated flavor and are typically used to make key lime pie or key lime cookies. With key limes, a yellow color indicates ripeness instead of a green color.
- The heavier the lime feels in your hands, the more juice is hiding inside!
- Gently squeeze the lime in your hands. The more give a lime has, the juicier itll be. If it is too squishy it may be past its prime, so be sure it doesnt give too much with a gentle squeeze.
What’s The Difference Between Grand Marnier And Cointreau
Grand Marnier and Cointreau are often considered the best brands of orange liqueur. While they’re both flavored with the same citrus fruit, 80 proof, and enjoyable on their own, there is a noticeable difference in taste. Grand Marnier has a cognac base and is flavored with bitter orange essence it’s rather sweet but in no way cloying. Cointreau uses a sugar beet alcohol base, is flavored with sweet and bitter orange peels, and is slightly drier and crisper.
Read Also: Roast Beef Deli Meat Recipe
Grand Marnier & Prosecco
Another great way to make a Grand Marnier cocktail? Add bubbles! Mix Grand Marnier with Prosecco or champagne , and its classy and sophisticated, pairing citrus notes with lots of bubbles. Add an orange twist and its a fancy cocktail that takes only minutes to make! Its almost an evening version of a mimosa: strong on the citrus but with an after 4 pm vibe.
Ingredients: Grand Marnier, Prosecco, lemon juice
What Is The Best Type Of Tequila For A Margarita
A regular Margarita uses tequila blanco, or new tequila, while a Cadillac Margarita is more nuanced and calls for a higher quality tequila reposado that has been aged for longer than two months. Its more expensive than the blanco or silver tequilas, so try and find a mid-range priced brand like Patron or Herradura. Reposado will range in price from $20-100 for a 750mL bottle.
Also Check: Recipes For Cancer Patients With Diabetes
How To Make A Cadillac Margarita
Assemble your ingredients. For exact amounts please see recipe card below.
Use a lime wedge to wet the rim of your margarita glass, then dip the glass into a small bowl of kosher salt, sea salt, margarita salt or plain salt.
Combine all ingredients into a cocktail shaker over ice.
Shake, Shake, Shake.
Pour into your favorite margarita glass and enjoy! Dont you just love these cactus margarita glasses?
Make This The Summer Of The Grand Margarita
Words by Christopher Turner
Summer is officially here, which means its time to chill out and master the art of the warm-weather cocktail. Every summer has its own personality, and were declaring this one the season of the margarita classic, blended, or on the rocks.
As friends begin to gather , margaritas can definitely help set the mood. No matter which recipe you follow, Grand Marnier a unique Cognac-based liqueur is the perfect ingredient. It makes libations a tad more interesting and adds complexity because the Cognac base offers more flavor than ordinary triple sec.
To spice things up, we asked Toronto-based cocktail wizard Robin Goodfellow to guide us through a few easy-to-follow recipes that are guaranteed to impress. Goodfellow knows a thing or two about serving up a perfect drink the heavily tattooed bar chef has made a name for himself in recent years as one of the citys top mixologists. I love Cognac and Cognac-based modifiers, and Ive added my personal touch to these margarita variations, Goodfellow says.
Later this year, Goodfellow will open VELA a massive 4,000-square-foot restaurant and bar in the heart of Toronto. The highly anticipated establishment is taking over a beautiful historic building at King and Portland, and promises food, live jazz, live blues, a full patio, cocktails everywhere, and a bunch of empty seats because everybodys on the dancefloor.
Classic Grand Margarita
Tasting notes: Tart, agave, orange, light
Read Also: At Home Juice Cleanse Recipes
What Is A Skinny Margarita
A skinny margarita is basically a low-calorie version of a classic margarita made with tequila, fresh lime juice, fresh orange juice , and agave nectar.
Did you know tequila is the lowest-calorie booze you can buy? Seriously! Pure agave tequila is low in sugar and only has 69 calories per ounce.
Watch this fun video to learn how to make two skinny margaritas, but you can easily scale this recipe for a crowd.
How Strong Is The Cadillac Margarita
In general, the margarita is not a light cocktail because it’s made primarily with liquor. Additionally, Grand Marnier is 80 proof, which is the same as the average tequila. With those factors in mind, the Cadillac margarita’s alcohol content falls around 27 percent ABV , or about half the strength of a straight tequila shot.
Recommended Reading: Pistachio Martini Recipe With Amaretto
How To Make A Margarita
PS: ALL the Cinco de Mayo recipes right HERE.
How To Make The Best Margarita Youll Ever Taste
In a cocktail shaker with ice, add 2 parts tequila, 1 part fresh squeezed lime juice, 1 part orange liqueur and 1/2 part sweetener of your choice. Shake well and divide between two margarita glasses filled with ice.
Top with a splash of club soda, extra fresh lime juice and Grand Marnier. Garnish with lime wedges and serve!
You May Like: Keto Pork Chop Recipes Oven
What Makes This Top Shelf Margarita Recipe Special
Unlike a classic margarita, which calls for silver tequila and triple sec, this Cadillac Margarita recipe elevates it by using premium tequila and Grand Marnier.
Top shelf silver/blanco tequila is what this recipe calls for. Use the best tequila you can afford because better ingredients makes for a better overall drink.
- Some Cadillac Margarita recipes recommend using a reposado or Añejo tequila, which is tequila thats been aged and is older than blanco tequila.)
- Whatever tequila you purchase, just be sure that its labeled 100% blue agave and not a blend.
- There are lots of tequilas that fall under this top shelf umbrella, and it depends on your tastebuds and budget. Whatever you consider a premium tequila, use that!
Grand Marnier is a top shelf orange liqueur. It offers a more complex depth of flavor than traditional triple sec or Cointreau, and youll taste hints of vanilla and oak along with the orange burst of flavor.
These two ingredients really take the classic margarita and elevate it to the top shelf experience.
In the market for a new drink to mix? Check out my Cocktail Recipe Index for inspiration!
Whats Grand Marnier How Is It Different From Cointreau
Grand Marnier is a brand of French liqueurs, best known for the bottle Cordon Rouge . This French orange liqueur is a mixture of Triple Sec and Cognac, which makes it taste more rich and complex than other orange liqueurs. Its flavor is like an orange-flavored brandy, with notes of vanilla and oak.
Whats the difference vs Cointreau? Well, Cointreau is also an orange liqueur. It has a smoother flavor than Grand Marnier, and its more commonly used in classic cocktails. Grand Marnier is slightly more expensive with an even more complex flavor, a blend of Triple Sec and Cognac.
Recommended Reading: Pumpkin Spice Latte Recipe Crock Pot
How To Make This Cadillac Margarita Recipe At Home
First and foremost, juice your limes. I typically do this over a liquid measuring cup* with a fine mesh strainer on top of it to keep pulp and seeds out of the final juice.
Pro tip: Youll get more juice from your limes if theyre room temperature. If you keep em in the fridge, pop them into the microwave for 20-30 seconds to get those juices flowing!
Also, youll want to rim your margarita glass with salt if youre into that at this point. You can also add ice to the glass, as well, if you want your margarita on the rocks to be extra cold.
Once your limes are juiced and other ingredients are acquired, fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Measure in the tequila, simple syrup and lime juice.
Give it a good shake until the metal of the cocktail shaker is extremely cold, then strain and pour into your prepared margarita glasses.
Pour the Grand Marnier over the top of the margaritas. Either let it float on top, creating a beautiful ombre effect, or stir it in.
Garnish with a lime, and enjoy immediately.
Grand Marnier Or Cointreau
Grand Marnier is a sweet orange liqueur that blends cognac, bitter orange and sugar. It is aged with a high quality brandy cognac.
Cointreau is a brand of triple-sec that uses a mixture of sweet and bitter orange peels and sugar beet alcohol. It is not aged and the flavor is not as intense.
Overall, Grand Marnier is fancier than Cointreau, with a more intense flavor. While one can be swapped for the other, Grand Mariner is the only way to make a proper Cadillac Margarita, in my opinion, for the more nuanced, intense flavor it brings to the cocktail.
Read Also: Avocado Smoothie Recipes For Weight Loss