What Type Of Apple Cider To Buy
There are a few major types of apple cider youll find at the store that you can use in this margarita. Heres a breakdown and what we prefer:
- Unfiltered vs filtered: Apple cider is sold unfiltered, which has the pulp and sediment, and filtered, which is basically like apple juice. For the best flavor and color for this drink, choose unfiltered! But it works with filtered as well.
- Pasteurized vs unpasteurized: Pasteurizing apple cider makes it more shelf stable. If its unpasteurized, it can turn into hard cider or apple cider vinegar over time, so you should drink it within 2 weeks. Unpasteurized cider has more risk of bacteria, so we recommend pasteurized.
How To Make It Non
For a non-alcoholic version, I use only apple cider, maple syrup, lime juice, and orange bitters. Always read the label of your bitters as most do contain a small amount of alcohol.
To make the drink more fun, I top it with sparkling water or a soda of some kind. My favorite is cranberry-flavored sugar-free soda.
Why We Love This Recipe
- Fall flavors: With apple cider, maple syrup, and cinnamon, this apple cider margarita is packed with fall flavors and makes a perfect drink for the holidays/autumn months.
- Ridiculously easy: Just add everything to a cocktail shaker and shake! This apple cider margarita recipe is super easy and will keep your guests happy as they come back for seconds. Just 5 essential ingredients and 5 minutes to make.
- Tangy, sweet and perfectly balanced: maple syrup and fresh cider add just enough sweetness to this apple cider margarita, which is balanced out with tart lime juice, slightly bitter Cointreau, and of course, tequila. The cinnamon sugar rim also has a bit of salt so it doesn’t overpower the cocktail.
Recommended Reading: On Cooking 6th Edition Recipes
Bring Out The Blender
Although this high-end cocktail is best when shaken and served on the rocks, for some people, a Margarita is just not a real Margarita unless it takes a spin in the blender.
For those folks, blending up a frozen Applebees Perfect Margarita recipe deserves special attention.
Tips For Mixing And Serving An Applebees Perfect Margarita
- Use a proper shaker. Dont try to get away with stirring this drink. A great Margarita demands a few hard shakes in a Boston shaker to slightly dilute and aerate the cocktail.
- Skip the bottled sour mix. Dont ruin your premium spirits with a bad mixer. You can find a recipe to make your own sour mix on Serious Eats.
- Salt the rim with real Margarita salt. Salt adds to the experience of drinking a Margarita, and it just isnt the same without it. You can buy premade Margarita salt, use slightly crushed plain kosher salt, or make your own Margarita salt at home.
Read Also: Keto Breakfast Recipes For Beginners
Apple Cider Rita Ingredients
Heres what youll need for the yummiest apple cider margarita ever:
- Apple Cider to start, youll need a ½ cup of apple cider.
- Tequila a ½ cup of tequila goes into the mix also. I prefer a silver tequila in my margaritas because it tends to have a milder taste, but any tequila you have on hand will work.
- Grand Marnier to add a subtle orange taste, a ¼ cup of Grand Marnier heads into the cocktail.
- Fresh Lime Juice for a nice punch of acidity, youll also need a ¼ cup of fresh lime juice .
- Agave Nectar if you like a sweeter margarita, youll also add 2 teaspoons of agave nectar. This ingredient is totally optional, though!
- Lime Wedge if you plan to dress your margarita glass, youll need 1 lime wedge to dampen the rim.
- Brown Sugar again, if youre planning on dressing your glasses, youll want to grab 2 teaspoons of brown sugar.
- Garnishes to make these extra festive and special, garnish each glass with fresh apple slices, a cinnamon stick, and a sprig of rosemary!
How To Cut And Juice Passion Fruit
If youve never worked with this seedy fruit before, some of you might be confused, wondering what to do. Thats okay, because were here to help.
As you cut the purple sphere open, youll see a mixture of orange flesh with seeds sticking to the inside of the fruit. We need to extract the juice from the orange flesh, so first, scoop all the innards out into a small bowl with a spoon.
Next, place a sieve over another bowl and transfer the passion fruit pulp into it. Use a spoon to press and scrape the mixture around and extract the juice.
Do this for 2-3 minutes and youll have a small bowl of passion juice. It might look like just a little bit, but the flavor is very concentrated.
Were using the juice and discarding the seeds for now, but you can add some to your cocktail as decoration if you like. Or, you can leave your friends guessing whats in the drink.
Also Check: Mac And Cheese Dinner Recipes
How Long Is Apple Cider Margarita Good For
Apple cider margarita can last well in the fridge for up to a week. You can also rim the serving glasses with sugar beforehand and keep them in the fridge.
This cocktail is a perfect treat for a crowd as you can prepare a large batch of it and chill it ahead of time. When the time comes, serve it straight out of the fridge, ice cold.
Remember that after days of sitting in the fridge, our cocktail will need a few shake-ups to get the ingredients mixed one more time before drinking.
To freeze apple cider margarita, add all the chilled ingredients to a blender with ice cubes, pulse until its slushy, and pop it in the freezer. The frozen drink can last up to 3-4 months.
Apple Juice Margarita Recipes
- white tequila, dekuyper sour apple pucker schnapps and 2 Morewhite tequila, dekuyper sour apple pucker schnapps, applejuice, prepared sweet-and-sour mix2 min, 4 ingredients
- applejuice , tequila and 4 Moreapplejuice , tequila, apple schnapps , lemon juice , a splash, peeled apple , apple, wedge for garnish10 min, 6 ingredients
- tequila, applejuice, orange juice, triple sec, lime juice10 min, 5 ingredients
- tequila, applejuice, orange juice, triple sec, lime juice10 min, 5 ingredients
- hulled and halved strawberries and 6 Morehulled and halved strawberries, peeled cored and chopped tart apples, lemon juice, white sugar, tequila, triple sec, strawberry schnapps50 min, 7 ingredients
Don’t Miss: Creamy Greek Salad Dressing Recipe
How To Make Apple Cider Margarita
Our delightfully warm, boozy apple cider margarita pulls together sweet-tart apple cider, a splash of tequila, and pleasantly smoky cinnamon. This refreshing sweet-tart holiday treat is easy to whip up in 10 minutes with a few simple steps:
In a pitcher, combine apple cider, lime juice, and tequila.
In a small bowl, mix sugar with cinnamon powder.
Rub the lime wedge around the rim of your serving glass.
Rim the glass with the mixture of sugar and cinnamon to rim.
Add ice cubes to the glass and pour the margarita over. Garnish and serve chilled.
How To Make A Margarita With Apple Cider
As with most cocktail recipes , the process is really straightforward and easy. Heres what youll do:
Don’t Miss: Low Calorie Breakfast Bars Recipe
Premium Ingredients For The Perfect Margarita
Sure, these ingredients are a little on the expensive side, but it is so worth it!
- 1800 Reposado Tequila. All reposado tequila spend some time in oak barrels to age, but not all are crafted from 100% Tequilana Weber blue agave that is up to 12 years old. All that time and care gives 1800 Reposado Tequilla a more pronounced taste than tequilas you might typically find in a Margarita. Some people describe 1800 Reposado Tequilla as having caramel and black pepper flavors with a hint of smokiness. For the best flavor, let this tequila breath for a few minutes like a wine before mixing.
- Cointreau. This top-shelf liqueur in the Perfect Margarita recipe replaces the usual Triple Sec in the everyday Margarita. Few folks will dispute the fact that Cointreau is one of the finest orange liqueurs you can drink, and that is why it has been the star of many cocktails since its creation in the 1800s. With its fresh, clean taste of citrus fruit and just a touch of sweetness, you cant do better.
- Grand Marnier. In this cocktail, the Grand Marnier brings not only another layer of subtle orange flavor but also the heaviness and complexity of fine brandy. Along with grounding the cocktail, this brandy strengthens the oaky notes present in the 1800 Reposado Tequilla and adds a touch of vanilla. Although Grand Marnier is not a major player in this cocktail, leaving it out would result in a less substantial drink.
What Is A Margarita
A margarita is a cocktail made with tequila, citrus juice, fragrant spices, and garnishes of choice. Its often served shaken or blended with ice and in glasses rimmed with spiced salt or sugar.
The apple cider margarita well be making today is full of cozy fall flavors. Its perfect to sip on in holiday gatherings, especially next to a fire with a blanket on chilly fall evenings.
Recommended Reading: Frank’s Buffalo Chicken Dip Microwave Recipe
How Can This Recipe Be Used To Make A Frozen Apple Cider Margarita
Good question! Heres what Id recommend doing if youd like to make a frozen apple cider margarita:
The Apple Cider Margarita
Growing up, my fondest memories during the fall time included going to the apple orchard, picking as many apples as my little bag would allow and begging my parents to let us get a gallon of apple cider before we left. To this day, I can still remember the taste of taking my first sip of apple cider, it was fresh, crisp and hard to have just one glass.
This Apple Cider Margarita is an ode to the fun fall activities, like apple picking and that feeling of taking your first sip of refreshing apple cider!
Recommended Reading: Oven Elite Air Fryer Recipes
The Very Quick Details
This margarita is easy.
First, you should rim your glass with salted cinnamon sugar. It might not seem necessary, but its salty, sweet, and the perfect rim for this fall margarita. Plus, its pretty, and that really counts for something to me.
Next, find your favorite bottle of smoky mezcal. Or if you cant stand mezcal , use your favorite silver tequila. But the mezcal is what gives this margarita its smokiness.
Now, add a splash of orange liquor, a good amount of spiced cider, a little citrusy lime, and sweeten it up with maple. Shake and strain into glasses.
SIMPLE. But SO GOOD.
If you want to make this margarita extra special. Add the garnishes
Meaning, apple slices, a sprig of rosemary, and most importantly, a smoking cinnamon stick. Its fun, it adds smokiness, smells incredible, and you really just need to do it.
And thats it. Serve this up tonight, tomorrow, or maybe over Halloween. Or, if youre already planning out your Thanksgiving menu, this makes for a pretty great holiday margarita too!
Looking for something a little spookier? Try last Saturdays Sleepy Hollow Cocktail!
If you make these smoky harvest apple cider margarita, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! Above all, I love to hear from you guys and always do my best to respond to each and every comment. And of course, if you do make this recipe, dont forget to tag me on ! Looking through the photos of recipes you all have made is my favorite!
Passion Fruit Margarita Recipe
This passion fruit margarita recipe recreates the classic, but with a fun twist.
We get it youre craving a margarita. Because margarita! Or maybe you need a robust and satisfying drink that wakes your taste buds on National Margarita Day . Its a strong, satisfying drink that wakes all the taste buds.
Thats why today, our test kitchen chefs decided to share this passion fruit margarita recipe. It is easy, tastes great, and you get to add your own unique touch.
If youre in a hurry, to get to the recipe card right away. Or, read on to learn some interesting facts about this cocktail.
Don’t Miss: Panera Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
Where Was The Margarita Invented
There are a number of stories about where the margarita was created. It’s difficult to say which is true. In the book “Imbibe!,” David Wondrich traces its roots to around the repeal of Prohibition. “Margarita” is the Spanish word for “daisy” and this drink belongs to the daisy family of cocktails.
Drinks like the brandy daisy were very popular in the late 1800s and made with any base spirit, including brandy, gin, rum, and whiskey. They follow a formula of spirit, sweetener, orange liqueur, lemon juice, and soda. When tequila started to reach American bars, the tequila daisymade with tequila, orange liqueur, lime juice, and sometimes sodaappeared. It wasn’t long before it became known as the margarita.
Why Youll Love This Recipe
- Full of fall flavor. Admit it. When the temperatures start to drop, you’re ready for all things apple and pumpkin. With every sip, you get a bouquet of warm spice that will give you that cozy, comfy feeling we all love about fall.
- Quick and easy to whip up. Not an advanced mixologist? No worries! This apple cider margarita does not require any expert bartending skills, and with its quick prep time, entertaining doesn’t get any easier.
- That bubbly finish! Unlike most apple cider margarita recipes, we finish this cocktail with a splash of ginger beer or ale for an extra spice kick and an effervescent, fancy touch.
- Makes for the perfect holiday signature cocktail. Whether you’re hosting a Halloween party, Thanksgiving dinner or random fall gathering, put this apple cider cocktail on the menu. Those festive flavors are just begging to take center stage, and nothing adds a fun spin to the evening like a margarita.
Bonus: Looking for another fall apple cocktail? Add my Poisoned Orchard Cocktail to the list! This Halloween cocktail is loaded with apple flavor, and I’m sure you’ll love it as well.
You May Like: Kraft Pimento Cheese Spread Recipe
Ingredients For The Apple Cider Margarita
The Apple Cider Margarita is so easy to make and incredibly delicious! All you have to do is combine only four simple ingredients, most of which you probably already have in your kitchen. for a flavorful cocktail.
- Tequila: use this spirit as the base of this refreshing margarita. I prefer using blanco tequila. So, I used Espolon Blanco Tequila for the Apple Cider Margarita, but reposado tequila will work too in this marg.
- Spiced apple cider: you can pick up a bottle of this ingredient at your supermarket. If you cant find spiced apple cider, I recommend buying unfiltered apple cider and adding a few sticks of cinnamon, some star anise, and a few cloves to it, then let it all infuse for 12-24 hours for optimal results.
- Lime juice: a splash of lime juice adds tart notes which balance well with the spices and of course you cant have a margarita without a little lime, am I right?!
- Maple syrup: add a dash of this ingredient for the perfect amount of sweetness. If you prefer your drinks a little sweeter, feel free to add more.
- Apple slice, thyme, cinnamon stick: no cocktail is complete without a festive garnish. I used these ingredients for a simple but elegant touch
- Sugar, salt, pumpkin pie spice: mix these spices in a shallow dish and rim your cocktail in the mixture for the final touch on this festive margarita.
What’s The Difference Between A Daiquiri And A Margarita
The daiquiri and margarita are two very popular classic cocktails that have a similar sweet-tart flavor profile. The original recipes for both use lime juice, though the daiquiri has a rum base and is typically sweetened with simple syrup rather than triple sec. Both cocktails can be made with a variety of fruits or tossed in the blender too.
Read Also: Best Oil Free Vegan Recipes
How To Make Passion Fruit Margarita
This is the short version of our passion fruit margarita recipe. For the full version plus ingredient list, refer to the recipe card down below.
Get the juices ready
Mix the ingredients in a pitcher
Salt the glass rim
Pour the cocktail and serve
To salt the rim, begin by pouring a small amount of lime juice and salt to separate dishes. Wet the glass rim by first dipping it in the lime juice dish, then into the other one.
An alternative method is to cutout a lime wedge, and run it around the glass. Then place salt onto a plate, and kind of roll the glass rim in the salt pile.
A cocktail shaker, if youve got one, can help you dissolve the sugar into the drink quickly. Simply add ice and ingredients to it, shake shake shake, and strain the cocktail in your salted glasses.
If you dont have a shaker, just follow the standard instructions below.
Straining your cocktail is important because a significant portion of the ice in the shaker will already have melted. Throwing new ice in your glass will keep your drink cool for longer, and prevent it from getting too watered-down.
Another version of margarita is called frozen margarita, made by blending everything instead of just mixing. Opt for this version if you want.
If you want more delicious drinks, see our collection of healthy juice recipes.More Easy Vegetarian Recipes Youll Love: