How To Make A Mint Mojito
1. Make the Simple Syrup. Add all ingredients to a medium saucepan and bring to a simmer. Cover and let simmer for about 10 minutes. .
2. Cool the Syrup. Transfer the contents to a small glass jar and place in the refrigerator to cool.
3. Rim each glass with a sugar mixture. Combine the sugar, flaky sea salt, and lime zest on a plate. Rim both glasses with a lime wedge, then coat the rim with the sugar mixture and fill with crushed ice.
4. Shake the ingredients in a shaker. In a cocktail shaker or glass jar, lightly muddle the mint with a cocktail muddler or the back of a wooden spoon until aromatic. Add the rum, lime juice, simple syrup, a handful of ice cubes and shake.
5. Pour mint mojito into glasses. Strain into the two glasses filled with ice, top with a splash of seltzer or sparkling water and garnish with lime slices and a mint sprig.
What Is A Mojito
Mojitos are a cocktail from Havana, Cuba. At the time, Cuban rum was not what it is today. It was not smooth and was hard to enjoy on its own. Thus, the Mojito was created! With a little sugar, mint and lime juice, Cubans were able to transform the unpalatable rum into something absolutely delicious!
As Americans were permitted to visit Cuba, the love for Mojitos began to spread and now its one of the most well known cocktails in the world! A few fresh ingredients, ice and a good white rum are all you need to enjoy this Cuban classic!
What Kind Of Rum Is Best In A Mojito
Traditionally, light rum is used in the mojito. It’s probably the best choice when serving a group because its taste has a universal appeal that everyone will enjoy. However, aged rums make nice mojitos as well. Avoid spiced rums that contrast the lime and mint. Whatever style of rum you choose, mid-shelf brands tend to have a clean taste that will complement the mojito’s freshness but won’t blow your entertaining budget.
Read Also: Dinner Recipes For Picky Toddlers
Why I Love This Recipe:
My first experience with a homemade mojito was less than desirablethe person who was mixing it didnt measure, and there was a lot of rum and too little everything else.
This Mojito Pitcher does what that first mojito didnt doit strikes a beautiful balance of sweet, citrus and herband its something that is quite simple to make at home.
This Mojito Pitcher recipe is balanced and smoothits got light flavors and isnt too sweet, which is important to me since I dont like saccharine sweet cocktails. Its also refreshing, which translates well to hot days.
This is also the kind of pitcher drink I want to have at a party because pitcher drinks are the best when entertaining. You mix it all up once, then you and your guests get to enjoy it until its gone!
Looking for a drink to mix at home? Check out my Cocktail Recipe Index for inspiration!
Quick Tips And Tricks For Making The Best Mojitos
- Prep your ingredients before mixing the pitcher. This means juicing your limes and making simple syrup beforehand.
- Double or triple the recipe! While this Mojito Pitcher recipe makes six drinks, you might be hosting friends who want more than one drink. If so, make a second pitcher and leave out the club soda until its go time.
- Purchase good lime juice or squeeze your own. The shelf stable bottled stuff wont cut it for this Mojito Pitcher.
- Add extra mint for garnish! Not only is it beautiful, but it adds a lovely scent as you sip!
- Dont over muddle the mint. Mint is a delicate herb, and the point of muddling is to get the leaves to release their oils, which provides flavor in the mojito. If you muddle them too much, they could become bitter.
- Make the mint flavor extra strong by making mint simple syrup. To do this, follow the instructions on how to make simple syrup and throw in a bunch of mint when the sugar has dissolved. Let it steep for 30-45 minutes before straining the mint out.
Don’t Miss: Recipe For Keto Chocolate Cake
How To Make A Pitcher Full
A mojito is perfect to make as a pitcher drink. It is also fairly light, about the same alcoholic content as a glass of wine. So a glass or two or three is totally acceptable . Invite all your friends and enjoy this pitcher mojito and a watermelon salad!
It is actually literally the same method as in a glass, only that it’s larger quantities of ingredients. Add lime juice, sugar and mint into a pitcher and muddle to release the juices and blend the flavors. I like to add in the squeezed limes as well. Add in ice and white rum and stir until the sugar has dissolved. Top with club soda. Perfect for about 6 glasses!
Garnish with more lime wedges and fresh mint – both in the glasses and in the pitcher. Enjoy!
Notes On The Ingredients
Due to its simplicity, it calls for good quality ingredients. And thats exactly one of the key points that can make a really good cocktail.
Mojitos, unlike other cocktails, do not have any crazy or difficult-to-get ingredients. .
Rum The traditional recipe calls for white rum, and in my opinion, it works best. It has a light flavor without any strong spices added to it, unlike golden rums. However, feel free to use it if thats what you prefer.
Fresh lime juice Although bottle lime juice is more convenient, the flavor is just not the same. Please avoid using it and buy a bunch of fresh limes from the farmers market.
Fresh mint You can use mint or spearmint. Just make sure it is fresh.
Sugar Traditionally mojitos had sugar cane juice in them. But since is not that easy to find, you can use regular white sugar. You can also use brown sugar.
Sparkling component My recommendation is to use club soda, which is unsweetened, so it will not add any more sugar to the final cocktail. Also, you can use lime soda if you want to, but I prefer to use club soda. Avoid using tonic soda .
Ice Youll need some big ice cubes for the pitcher, and also crashed ice or smaller cocktail ice cubes for each glass.
Don’t Miss: Hershey Bar Cake Recipe Southern Living
How To Make A Mojito:
This post contains affiliate links. As a member of Amazon and other affiliate programs I earn from qualifying purchases.
Muddle: Were making a mint mojito pitcher recipe, so this will be enough to fill a pitcher. This recipe should serve 8, unless you like bigger portions.
Youll start by adding plenty of fresh mint leaves to a pitcher along with some sugar and lime wedges. Muddle them together.
Muddling just means crushing the leaves of the mint with the sugar and fruit. Heres a great cocktail muddler! Do this just until you smell the mint. Dont over muddle your mint or things will start to taste funky.
Mojito Mix: Finally you can pour the club soda and your preferred brand of white rum right into the pitcher. Give it a quick stir and serve these mojitos over plenty of ice and garnish with a sprig of mint, if desired.
A nice refreshing mojito drink is best enjoyed out by the pool or on the beach!
How Did I Learn To Make The Best Mojitos
My easy technique comes from a bartender I met when we were on vacation in the Caribbean. He showed me that they prep a mojito simple syrup with mint and lime which ups the flavor in mojitos. You still muddle together some fresh mint and lime the old fashioned way, but adding in that mojito simple syrup elevates the flavor to a new level!
Read Also: Salad Supreme Pasta Salad Recipe
What Makes This Recipe So Good
- Mojitos are a perfect warm-weather cocktail! Theyre crisp, refreshing, and amazingly light. Club soda makes them a little fizzy and cuts the alcohol content a little.
- This batch recipe lets you skip the hassle of mixing one drink at a time. Depending on the size of your pitcher and the amount of ice and club soda you use, you can mix up 4-6 mojitos at a time.
- This mojito pitcher recipe is super easy to make non-alcoholic! All you have to do is leave out the rum and use more club soda .
- You can mix up this mojito pitcher recipe up to 3 days before your party. Follow the recipe as instructed, but leave the ice and club soda out until youre ready to serve them. Keep the pitcher in the refrigerator in the meantime.
Pitcher Cocktails For A Crowd
Pitcher Cocktails are the BEST way to make lots of drinks for a crowd. When youre having a party, you want to be a good host and make sure everyone has plenty to drink. But the last thing you want to do is spend your whole night playing bartender!
This Mojito Pitcher recipe is just one of many drink recipes that make parties easier. Here are our favorite cocktails for a crowd!
You May Like: Margarita Recipe Using Grand Marnier
Mojitos By The Pitcher
I have served this to people who have sworn that they dislike mojitos and they love it. I believe it is the fresh ingredients and the use of sugar, instead of simple syrup, muddled together that makes this cocktail refreshing and delicious. It takes a little bit of work but the results are well worth it. Serve over ice.
Provided by malgal
|36 leaves fresh mint, or to taste|
|3 limes, quartered|
|1 cup rum|
|1 liter club soda|
- Muddle sugar and mint leaves together in pitcher until leaves are well broken down. Add limes and muddle until limes are juiced. Stir rum into sugar mixture add club soda and stir until sugar is dissolved.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 160.3 calories, Carbohydrate 20.2 g, Fat 0.1 g, Fiber 0.9 g, Protein 0.2 g, Sodium 5.8 mg, Sugar 17.2 g
Whether You Have A Crowd Or Only A Few People I Recommend Making Your
Bacardi mojito recipe pitcher. Add 45ml of rum and stir to dissolve sugar. Stir rum into sugar mixture Because, well its cinco de mayo, so why not!
I found this recipe last year, and i simplified my life. Fill the pitcher most of the way full with ice. Making mojitos with white rum is essential to ensure the flavor and color are just right.
Add the simple syrup or sugar and fill the glass with ice. Add mint leaves to the combination. Put 100g blueberries, 3 chopped lemons and 2 tbsp granulated sugar in a jug and muddle.
1 cup bacardi superior rum Add the rum and top with club soda, stir well. I guarantee it will be the hit of the.
1 cup blackberries and two teaspoons of sugar into a highball glass.
Top it off with ice and sliced lime. Add the mint leaves, rum, lime juice and mojito simple syrup to a large pitcher. You can make a simple syrup with my vanilla simple syrup recipe just leave out the vanilla bean.
I made another recipe the first year , and between making mojitos and the cuban sandwiches, i spent all my time in the kitchen. Muddle the mint to release its flavors. Bacardi rum mojito pitcher recipe mojitos recipe michael chiarello food network mojito pitcher recipe best mojitos for a crowd cuber mojito recipe cooks with tails bacardi mojito recipe a taste of cuba at home 2foodtrippers
Add limes and muddle until limes are juiced. Add rum, lime juice, and club soda. 1/2 ounce fresh lime juice
Raspberry Mojito Bacardi Dragon Berry, fresh raspberries
Recommended Reading: Belly Fat Burning Food Recipes
But First What Is A Mojito
A mojito is a traditional Cuban cocktail. With unclear origins, it was made popular thanks to no other than Ernest Hemingway due to his time in Cuba.
It consists of just five ingredients: white rum, sugar, lime juice, club soda, and mint. It has an incredible and very refreshing mix of flavors, from sweet to citrusy to minty.
Be mindful when you drink mojitos since they are so delicious and so easy to drink the whole glass without even breathing.
Fill The Pitcher Most Of The Way Full With Ice
Mojito recipe simple syrup pitcher. Stir together mint syrup, rum, and lime juice in a large pitcher. 6 ounces fresh lime juice Chill at least 1 hour or up to 3 days.
Just before serving, top with club soda and fill the pitcher with ice. Add all ingredients to a medium saucepan and bring to a simmer. It just might be the perfect rum cocktail!
Set aside to cool completely and store covered in the fridge. To make a simple syrup, add equal parts sugar and water to a saucepan. Add in rum and stir.
Muddle limes, mint, and sugar together in a large pitcher Use these numbers to make a pitcher: Add the mint leaves, rum, lime juice and mojito simple syrup to a large pitcher.
Give it a try and youll be sure to impress your guests with this incredibly easy recipe! Do not add ice to the pitcher. I found this recipe last year, and i simplified my life.
I doubled the recipe so to fit our 2 liter pitcher, and muddled the mint and sugar ahead of time, enough for four pitchers. These pitcher strawberry mojitos are perfect for parties or even just your regular weeknight celebrations. How to make a mint mojito.
Don’t muddle them too much, though. Garnish glasses with lime peel strips and mint. Use a muddler or even just the end of a wooden spoon and smash the mint leaves.
Cover and let simmer for about 10 minutes. Muddle the mint to release its flavors. .
Our new favorite keto cocktail. How to make a pitcher of mojitos. (can be prepared 2 hours ahead.
Blueberry Mojitos Gift of Hospitality
Also Check: Keto Recipes In Instant Pot
How To Make A Mojito From Scratch
How To Make Mojito Simple Syrup:
Also Check: Gluten Free Ezekiel Bread Recipe
Tips For Making The Perfect Mojito
Whether youre sticking to the classics or creating different mojito recipes, here are a few tips to crafting the perfect mojito.
- Always keep your basic proportions the same. Use 1 1/2 oz. white rum to 1/2 lime, or about 1 oz. lime juice, to achieve perfectly balanced flavors.
- Slap the mint leaves between your hands several times before placing them in the glass. This stimulates the oils and creates maximum flavor transfer to your cocktail.
- Avoid ripping or tearing mint leaves, as this can create a bitter taste in drinks.
- Muddle and shake your cocktail with care so as to avoid crushing or ripping your mint leaves and lime.
More About Mojito Recipe Pitcher Simple Syrup
HOW TO MAKE A MOJITO PITCHER
- Top with the club soda, and serve immediately with wheels of lime and additional sprigs of mint.
MOJITO PITCHER RECIPE –
- In a small saucepan set over medium-high heat, bring sugar, water and mint leaves to simmer . Stir until the sugar dissolves and then simmer 3 more minutes, without stirring. Pour the simple syrup over a mesh strainer set over a larger bowl. Set the simple syrup in the fridge to cool, about 30 minutes.
- Once the simple syrup has cooled, pour it into a large pitcher and add the rum and lime juice. Stir and chill at least 1 hour or up to 3 days.
THE PERFECT MOJITO – BAREFEET IN THE KITCHEN
- Combine the mint and the lime juice in a small pitcher. Use a muddler to crush the mint in the lime juice, this should take a minute or two. Add the simple syrup and rum to the pitcher. Fill the pitcher about 2/3 of the way to the top with ice and stir well to mix and chill.
- Fill individual glasses halfway with ice, then 2/3 of the way full with the mojito mixture, then top each glass with club soda. Enjoy!
THE BEST MOJITO RECIPE | HOW TO MAKE MOJITOS (SINGLE OR …
PERFECT MOJITO – A SPICY PERSPECTIVE
MOJITO PITCHER RECIPE – SOUTHERN LIVING
MOJITOS BY THE PITCHER | CDKITCHEN.COM
FromTotal TimeServingsCaloriesFromTotal TimeCategoryFrom
Read Also: Easy Recipes For Large Family
Stir Rum Into Sugar Mixture
Mojito recipe vodka pitcher. Now that im moving into a new season of life, im all about having a cocktail, especially if. Chill at least 1 hour or up to 3 days. While the recipe below is written to serve 1, you can easily make a pitcher of these skinny mojitos to serve at a party, a girls night, or whenever the mood strikes.
Garnish glasses with lime peel strips and mint. When ready to serve, gently stir club soda into mixture in pitcher, and add lime rounds. It just might be the perfect rum cocktail!
Place lime juice, sugar, vodka, raspberries and lime slices into a pestle and crush until the sugar is dissolved, about 1 minute. In a glass or shaker, add lime juice, monk fruit, and mint leaves. Get a taste of the classic cuban cocktail in minutes with this recipe featuring rum, lime, and mint.
Stir together mint syrup, rum, and lime juice in a large pitcher. Don’t muddle them too much, though. After all, as a party host you need to make sure those drinks stay filled and people stay happy.
The recipe easily sizes up. I doubled the recipe so to fit our 2 liter pitcher, and muddled the mint and sugar ahead of time, enough for four pitchers. Get a taste of the classic cuban cocktail in minutes with this recipe featuring rum, lime, and mint.
Stir around to mix everything together. Our new favorite keto cocktail. Using a muddler muddle the fruit and herbs together.
Top up with soda water. Add limes and muddle until limes are juiced. Just enough so they release their.