Gooey Chocolatey Creme Egg Pancakes Recipe
These sumptuous pancakes are a dream to eat on Shrove Tuesday
Pancake Day is fast approaching.
If you love sweet treats, then Tuesday, March 1 is the perfect opportunity to scoff pancakes for breakfast and dinner.
The clever team at Surrey Live has been busy in the kitchen coming up with new and exciting pancake creations for you to try at home.
The team’s Creme Egg pancake recipe is simply divine, and it’d be a crime if chocolate lovers didn’t attempt to make it themselves.
It is quick, easy, and requires just four ingredients.
Almond Pancakes With Honey & Berries
These are light and fluffy, yet full of lovely almond flavour. They work a treat with the runny honey and crunchy seeds youll go nuts for them. Badum-tish!
100g self-raising flour 100g ground almonds 1 tsp baking powder 2 tbsp dark brown soft sugar 2 eggs, separated 180ml whole milk Melted butter or vegetable oil, for brushing Almond butter, runny honey, handful berries, and handful mixed seeds, to serve
1 In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, ground almonds, baking powder, and sugar, breaking up any lumps of sugar with the back of a spoon. Make a well in the centre. In a jug, whisk together the egg yolks and milk.
2 Gradually pour the egg mixture into the well and whisk, incorporating the flour as you go, to make a smooth batter. Dont overbeat or the pancakes will be tough.
3 Whisk the egg whites to stiff peaks. Stir a large spoonful into the batter to loosen, then fold in the rest.
4 Heat a non-stick frying pan over a mediumlow heat and brush generously with butter or oil. Drop 60ml batter into the pan and cook for about 1 minute until bubbles just begin to form on top and the bottom is golden. These burn quite easily so cook them slowly and reduce the heat if necessary.
5 Flip and cook for 30 seconds1 minute more. Serve straight from the pan or keep warm in a 150°C/300°F/gas 2 oven while you cook the remaining batter.
How To Make Ihop Pancakes
This copycat IHOP pancake tastes so yummy youll feel like an expert after you make it. Heres how:
- In a bowl, combine buttermilk, vegetable oil, and vanilla.
- Add the solid ingredients into the mix.
- Stir the batter gently. Dont get rid of the lumps!
- In another bowl, combine the lemon juice and egg. Then, add it to the batter.
- Refrigerate the batter for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Place a skillet over medium heat and smear with butter.
- Pour cup of batter into the skillet.
- Let it cook for two minutes or until you see bubbles forming on the surface.
- Flip the pancake over with a spatula.
- Let the other side cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Repeat steps 6-10 until you cook all the batter.
- Top with butter and drizzle some maple syrup. Enjoy!
Don’t Miss: Essential Oil Recipe For Varicose Veins
Erins Easy Entertaining Tips
I previously thought pancakes would be fussy to prepare for brunch at home, but they really arent! It just requires a little patience, planning and working ahead to get em made before guests arrive.
Here are a few tips and tricks to transforming this classic recipe into a brunch centerpiece:
- Depending on the amount of people youre serving, you can double this recipe. You can also half it if youre not feeding a crowd.
- Make the flapjacks before guests arrive, and keep them warm in the oven. We put ours on baking sheets* and keep them warm in a 200°F oven.
- Transform your table into a pancake bar! Offer various toppings, like real maple syrup, sweetened whipped cream, berries or peach compote.
Tips For Better Basic Pancakes
- Use your pantry! I often have buttermilk on hand , and I dont mind whisking the occasional egg white for lofty pancakes, but on a Tuesday morning at 7:10 a.m. with an internal countdown to the minute the school bell rings, I am not reaching for either. These pancakes rely purely on kitchen staples: all-purpose flour, a little sugar, milk, eggs, and baking powder. The baking powder is responsible for these pancakes rise, so it helps that you aerate the batter well with a whisk and that you let the batter rest before cooking.
- A single bowl is perfect for mixing. Theres no need to dirty multiple bowls. Simply whisk together the dry ingredients first, then add the milk, oil, and eggs and whisk to combine.
- Always rest the batter. After mixing, be sure to rest the batter for about 10 minutes. This gives the flour a chance to properly hydrate and the baking powder time to activate. Refill your coffee and pull out your favorite pancake pan, and by the time you return the batter will be ready to go.
- Use cast iron for cooking. Cast iron is my skillet of choice for pancakes, because it heats well and browns the pancakes without an excess of butter. A nonstick pan or a griddle can be used, too.
Also Check: Sugar Cookie Recipe For Kids
Light Fluffy And Buttery Pancake Recipe
Weekends are made for breakfasts. I just love Saturday mornings with a cup of coffee, cooking up something I know that my family will love, like the BEST HOMEMADE PANCAKE RECIPE EVER!
A family favorite is my batch of homemade pancakes made from scratchno box mixes in our house!
Sure, it seems convenient to open a box of pancake mix from the store, but I promise its no more work to make them yourself with ingredients in your pantry.
These delicious, light, and fluffy homemade pancakes are easy to make and are packed full of flavor. Everything is mixed in one mixing bowl so you wont have several dishes to clean up after.
I love that this pancake recipe makes extra to keep on hand for the week. Lay the extra pancakes on a baking sheet and pop them in the freezer. Pull them out and microwave as many as needed. Its super easy for on-the-go mornings!
How To Make Pancake Mix Ahead
Save some time in the mornings and make pancake mix. With this ready-to-go pancake recipe, youll be minutes away from pancakes any day of the week. Simply mix all of the dry ingredients together. Store the pancake mix in an airtight container or plastic bag. On the day you are ready to make the batter, add in the milk, egg, and butter. Easy-peasy.
Ready in minutes by using an electric skillet to make a few at a time, your whole family will love these homemade pancakes!
Also Check: Best Smoked Pulled Pork Recipe
Ingredients You Need To Make These Fluffy Pancakes
You only need a few basic ingredients, to make the magic happen and create beautiful and generous pancakes. Chances are that you already have all these ingredients at hand, so you really have no excuse not to treat yourself to a delicious stack of pancakes for breakfast.
Heres what you need to make these fluffy pancakes:
- All-purpose flour. Use plain, all-purpose flour in this pancake recipe.
- Baking powder. This is the leavening agent that will make your pancakes to rise. Do not skip it, and double check the expiration date before using .
- Sugar. Its mostly used here as a sweetener in the pancakes, and it also participates to the texture. If for healthy reasons you want to omit the sugar in the recipe, feel free to do so.
- Salt. Not only salt is a flavor enhancer but it also affects the tenderness of your pancakes.
- Milk. I recommend the use of whole milk or 2% milk for best results. Non dairy milk works too.
- Melted butter . I always use melted unsalted butter in my pancakes. It gives them a subtle nutty flavor. You may also want to use vegetable oil, neutral in taste, instead of melted butter .
- Egg. The egg makes your pancakes moist and tender. For fluffier pancakes, use a room temperature egg .
Possible add-ons. You can also flavor your pancake batter with a hint of cinnamon or a splash of vanilla extract.
My Preference For Cooking Swedish Pancakes
While it isnt the most authentic way to cook these Swedish pancakes, I far prefer using a griddle to cook them. Not only can I cook more than one at a time, but its much easier to get the spatula underneath the thin pancake on a flat surface vs the curved edge of the skillet.
In short, I lose FAR less pancakes to rips, tears, and frustration when I cook them on a griddle.
Additionally, I say far less bad words. So: in order to preserve my soul and my sanity, griddle cooking it is for me.
Also Check: Recipe For Stuffed Green Peppers Without Rice
How To Cook Perfect Pancakes
perfect pancakes. Almost like a good sponge cake!
Why I Love This Recipe:
These easy homemade pancakes are wonderfully fluffy and light. Theyre slightly sweet and pair beautifully with maple syrup and fresh fruit, too.
The homemade pancake batter is incredibly simple to put together, too. If you keep baking supplies at home, you might have the ingredients to make these already!
Not only are they delicious, but theyre fun to make as a family. Both our daughters get involved in the measuring, whisking and stirring. And we cant forget the taste testing, either.
Need breakfast inspiration, but dont know where to start? Head on over to my Breakfast and Brunch Recipe Index.
You May Like: Campbell Soup Chicken Pot Pie Recipe
Joseph Joseph Nest 9 Plus Nesting Bowl Set
A year-round kitchen essential, this impressive set of mixing bowls will come in handy for all kinds of bakes. The large mixing bowl has a capacity of 4.5 litres and the smaller mixing bowl is ideal for pancake toppings. Neatly stacked inside are a sieve , measuring cups and a strainer. The whole set is ultra-lightweight and easy to store.
Tasty Toppings For Your Pancakes
There is a wide range of toppings you could add to your pancakes. They are so versatile that whether you pair them with a sweet, fruity, or savory topping, they will still taste amazing. Here are some of the best toppings I can think of:
- Berries. Whether its blueberries, raspberries, or strawberries, their citrus taste will complement the sweetness of the pancakes nicely.
- Nuts. Pecans or walnuts add a nutty, crunchy, and healthy twist to this filling dish.
- Heres another perfect combination: pancakes and bananas! Top your sweet and soft pancakes with yet another sweet and soft ingredient to enhance its flavor.
- Chocolate chips. Great for kids and kids-at-heart. The warm, rich, and gooey chocolate chunks create another flavorful layer to your breakfast!
- If you want some spice with your pancakes, add a dash of cinnamon, nutmeg, or allspice to the batter.
- For a healthier version, add a few scoops of oats and flax seeds to the mix.
- And last but not least, you cant go wrong with the classic combo of pancakes and maple syrup.
Pro-tip when adding toppings: If you want an even distribution of toppings, dont put them in the batter, as this will only cause them to sink to the bottom of the bowl. Instead, add them after you pour the batter onto the skillet.
Don’t Miss: Sweet Vanilla Iced Coffee Recipe
How To Cook Pancakes Perfectly
- Do NOT overmix the batter. When you add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, stir until just combined, not more. This will guarantee fluffier pancakes. When overmixing, the gluten in the flour can form elastic gluten strands, resulting in a more dense, chewy texture.
- Bring the eggs at room temperature before using.
- Let the batter rest for a few minutes before cooking the pancakes.
- Use a nonstick pan .
- Cook on low-medium heat, and make sure you have even heat while cooking the pancakes. Fluffier pancakes are the result of slow cooking.
- Lightly grease your pan with vegetable oil, or nonstick spray between each pancakes.
- The perfect flip! In order to flip the pancake perfectly, dont rush your pancakes. Youll know theyre ready when bubbles start to form and pop on the top . To get a perfect flip without batter sliding around, be sure to purposefully shove your spatula all the way underneath and turn them over in a quick, confident move.
Everyday Pancakes Designed For Weekday Mornings
Im of the mind that every home should have two pancake recipes: a lofty one for weekends and an easier, more straightforward recipe for weekdays . These are my basic everyday pancakes that Ive been making once a week ever since I became a mother seven years ago, and Ive learned a lot along the way.
What makes these extra-easy is that the batter is mixed up in just one bowl, which means faster prep and cleanup. Theres no fussy steps like sifting flour or separating eggs, and all of the ingredients are ones you likely keep on hand.
Don’t Miss: Best Dinner Recipes For Weight Loss
How To Make An Easy Pancake Perfectly
There are several ways to make your pancakes but if you like cooking on a griddle, read this! Have your heat set to medium and pour the flour mixture and milk mixture from the large bowl that you made it in.
Once the bubbles start to form on one side of the pancake, flip and cook on the other side.
Watch for burning on the undersides and repeat with the remaining batter.
The Best Way To Top Pancakes
Also, top the pancakes with REAL butter and REAL maple syrup You cant go wrong!
And, if you want to get really fancy, add in some fun simple ingredients for taking your pancakes to a whole NEW level!
I also think that fresh fruit is an awesome topping as well!
Dont forget that melted butter and a bit of cinnamon and sugar are great topping ideas as well.
Don’t Miss: One Year Old Baby Food Recipes
Granola And Blueberry Pancakes
These have a gorgeous flavour and some crunchy texture from the granola: its basically a selection of breakfast dishes tumbled into one batch of tasty pancake.
1 quantity buttermilk pancake batter 200g Greek-style yoghurt 60g strawberry jam, stirred 100g good-quality granola 100g blueberries, cut in half if very large Melted butter or vegetable oil, for brushing
1 Swirl the yoghurt and jam together in a bowl until almost combined its nice to have some visible trails of pink. Chill until needed.
2 Tip the granola into a zip-lock bag and lightly bash with a rolling pin to break up any big clusters.
3 Fold into the pancake batter, along with the blueberries. Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and brush with butter or oil.
4 Pour 60ml batter into the pan to make pancakes roughly 10cm in diameter. Fry for 12 minutes, or until bubbling on top and golden underneath. Flip and cook for a further minute, pressing down gently with an egg slice.
5 Repeat until all the batter is used up. Serve straight from the pan or keep warm in a 150°C/300°F/gas 2 oven.
6 Serve warm, topped with the strawberry jam yoghurt.
Tips From The Betty Crocker Kitchens
- tip 1 Stir 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blackberries, blueberries or raspberries into batter.
- tip 2 Substitute 1 cup buttermilk for the 3/4 cup milk. Decrease baking powder to 1 teaspoon. Add 1/2 teaspoon baking soda.
- tip 3 Make pancakes with whole wheat flour. Top each serving with 1/4 cup strawberry yogurt arid 1/2 cup sliced fresh strawberries.
- tip 4 Substitute orange juice for the milk. Stir in 1/4 cup dried cranberries and 1/4 cup chopped dried apples after mixing ingredients in Step 1.
Don’t Miss: Essential Oil Face Scrub Recipe
Quick Tips And Tricks For The Best Old Fashioned Pancakes
- Dont overmix your batter! This means you want to mix the batter until it has just combined. Lumps are OK. If you whisk/mix until its completely smooth, the pancakes will become tough and wont become as fluffy.
- When do you know how to flip? When big ol bubbles start to form. Lift up the edge with a spatula to confirm the pancake is golden brown before flipping. Once you flip the pancake, you wont flip it again.
- Once youve flipped your pancakes, dont press down on them! This will deflate them. Obviously, we want them to puff up and be as light and airy as possible.
- Leftover pancakes? Freeze em! Line a baking sheet with wax paper, and pop them in the freezer for 4-6 hours. When the pancakes are fully frozen, transfer them to a freezer baggie. Reheat in the toaster oven, toaster or the oven until warm.