Instant Pot Shrimp And Broccoli
Shrimp doesn’t need a ton of time to cook, which is why this Instant Pot shrimp and broccoli recipe is the perfect recipe to whip up on a busy weeknight. Served on rice, or cauliflower rice to keep it low-carb, this recipe is one that you’re going to want to make again and again.
Get our recipe for Instant Pot Shrimp and Broccoli.
Instant Pot Beef Stew
The Spruce / Diana Chistruga
Comfort food isn’t often healthy, but this hearty beef stew packs in a lot of vegetables, few carbs, and can be made with lean beef or bison. It’s easy, tooafter the meat is browned in the Instant Pot the rest of the ingredients can be thrown in to cook together for about four hours. Serve as is or with a side of whole-grain bread to round out the meal.
Healthy Instant Pot Recipes For All Diets
We have stepped up our healthy Instant Pot recipes game on Fit Foodie Finds over the last few years with dozens of new recipes featuring all types of meals. Our Instant Pot recipes are balanced meals that are made with simple and real ingredients that dont sacrifice classic flavors.
While we dont follow certain diets on Fit Foodie Finds, a lot of our IP recipes are naturally gluten-free and vegetarian. We have Instant Pot recipes that suit most diets:
The Instant Pot is a great appliance for everyone, but especially for those trying to live a healthy lifestyle because it makes meal-prep a breeze AND you dont have to use your oven .
So there you have it, the rest is history! Give your first Instant Pot recipe a go with one of these delicious Instant Pot recipes !
Don’t Miss: Old Fashioned Beef Stew Recipe Crock Pot
Tips For Making Instant Pot Spaghetti
- Use either white or whole wheat spaghetti in this recipe Ive tested it with both with good success. I recommend cooking whole wheat spaghetti for 5 minutes . Cook white spaghetti for 7 minutes .
- You can use either ground beef or ground turkey in this recipe.
- When you use a full pound of meat in this recipe, the dish is heavy on the meat. You can use half a pound of meat instead of a full pound if you like less meat in your pasta. Either buy 1/2 pound from the butcher or save the other half pound from a one pound package to make tacos.
- Ive tested this recipe without the meat and it worked great! To make vegetarian spaghetti, put the water in the pot first, then the seasonings, then pasta, then sauce on top. Do not stir and pressure cook as directed.
- Use a good quality marinara sauce that you love the flavor of, as that will impact the flavor of the finished dish.
- Do not stir after adding the spaghetti or sauce. You will arrange the spaghetti in alternating directions to prevent the noodles from sticking together.
- Be sure to do a quick release right away when the cook time finishes so the pasta doesnt over cook.
- When you first open the Instant Pot, the sauce will look thin. Give it a stir and let it rest for 3-5 minutes and it will be perfect!
Easy Instant Pot Recipes For Beginners
If youre new to using the pressure cooker, youre going to love this round-up of healthy and easy Instant Pot recipes for beginners. Learn to make rice, soup, potatoes, beans, and veggies. All of these recipes are great for meal prepping or for quick weeknight meals.
The pressure cooker is one of the easiest and most efficient ways to prepare healthy foods. I use it on a daily basis to make everything from baked sweet potatoes, rice, chicken, soups, stews, and more.
Learning how to use the Instant Pot can be a bit of a learning curve, though. The most common complaint I get about the Instant Pot is that people have purchased one, but its still in the box.
I was guilty of that, too. When I first got an electric pressure cooker several years ago, I was scared of it. I was afraid of not doing it correctly and I was worried I wouldnt be able to figure it out.
It does take some work to get started using an electric pressure cooker. Thats why I put together a whole step-by-step guide for how to use the Instant Pot.
But, once youve got the Instant Pot out of the box and youve done your water test, then you should be ready to go. Now its time to start making healthy food for your family! Here are some of my favorite easy recipes for beginners.
Read Also: Drink Recipes With Tequila And Cointreau
The Very Best Instant Pot Chicken Recipes
Instant Pot plus chicken equals the simplest, no-brainer kind of weeknight meal. Quick, easy and pretty healthy, these Instant Pot chicken recipes are all winners:
- Instant Pot Chicken Marinara. Instant Pot chicken marinara recipe is a 3-ingredient equation for dinner that goes something like this: chicken thighs + a jar of marinara sauce = dinners done.
- Instant Pot Teriyaki Chicken. A rich, bold homemade teriyaki is the secret to this delicious Instant Pot chicken recipe.
- Honey-Balsamic Instant Pot Chicken. Chicken legs cook to tender perfection in a simple honey balsamic sauce, and the whole thing is ready in just 30 minutes!
- Instant Pot Butter Chicken. Were big fans of Indian butter chickenthat tender, tomato-y takeout favoriteand this Instant Pot version really delivers!
- Instant Pot Chicken. Say hello to the best Instant Pot chicken recipe ever! Whenever a recipe calls for perfectly juicy chicken, this is your go-to recipe!
Whole30 Instant Pot Pork Recipes
Ive found that it can be difficult to cook pork in the instant pot because it can be tough, but these recipes look delicious and super tender.
Recommended Reading: Glow Recipe Plum Plump Hyaluronic Serum
Creamy Instant Pot Pasta
This healthy Instant Pot recipe has become a fan favorite! Can you cook pasta in a pressure cooker without it turning to mush? Turns out, you can! This Instant Pot pasta mixes a marinara sauce with creamy goat cheese. Its so seriously flavorful and a perfect easy weeknight dinner recipe: it’s as simple as throwing a few ingredients in the pot and cooking for 5 minutes.
Healthy Meal Prep Instant Pot Recipes
This post may contain affiliate links. I may receive commissions for purchases made through links in this post.
Eat healthy and lose weight with these healthy meal prep instant pot recipes. The instant pot will make meal prep for the week quick and easy. From breakfast meal prep to lunch meal prep, there are plenty of meal prep recipes that will simplify your weekdays and help you eat better.
You May Like: Pumpkin Spice Latte Recipe Iced
What Can You Cook In An Instant Pot
Animal proteins , grains, beans and legumes, various veggies, yogurt, desserts, hard-boiled eggs, oatmeal, stews, curries, casseroles, and more can all be beautifully cooked in an Instant Pot.
Many busy home chefs particularly love this little appliance because Instant Pot dinners drastically reduce the cooking time for dishes that typically have to simmer for a long timelike beef stew, pulled pork, bolognese sauce, chicken stock, and slow cooker chicken recipes. But you can also make pretty much any meal or meal prep component that youd ordinarily cook on the stovetop.
Dont forget, though, that pressure cooking is just one of the Instant Pots many functions . The slow-cooking, sautéeing, and steaming functions are equally versatile for making delicious Instant Pot meals, while more specialized settings will make specific cooking tasks a cinch. Because why do one thing when you can do them all?
The Best Instant Pot Recipes With Beef
Theres nothing quite like a big slab of beef thats fall-apart tender and tastes like its been braising all day. But what if you could have that same comforting, cozy, hearty meal in just about 30 minutes?! Yeah, thats the magic of the Instant Pot. Here are four of our favorite Instant Pot beef recipes:
- Instant Pot Beef Ragu. Rich, savory, and fall-apart tender, our Instant Pot beef ragù recipe is ready fast but tastes like it simmered all day long.
- Instant Pot Barbacoa Recipe. A copycat recipe for Chipotles cravable barbacoa, and ready super fast! In other words, an extra exciting Instant Pot recipe.
- Instant Pot Mississippi Pot Roast. If you know about Mississippi pot roast, well then you know how exciting it is to find an Instant Pot version! If you dont, get ready to fall in love.
- Instant Pot Meatloaf and Mashed Potatoes. The 2-in-1 recipe introduced us to “pot-in-pot” cooking, where you use the Instant Pot to cook not one but two things at once! It’s dinner time MAGIC.
Don’t Miss: High Protein Granola Bar Recipe Low Calorie
Meal Prep Instant Pot Shredded Chicken
Cook a couple of pounds of chicken at the start of the week, shred it up, and you have the base for an infinite number of quick and easy meals. This version of the meal prep staple is so flavorful, you really don’t need to do much anything to dress it up.
Get the Recipe: Instant Pot Masoor Dal With Shiitake Mushrooms
Do I Really Need An Instant Pot
In short, YES! Instant Pots are under $100 and are such a workhorse in the kitchen. If you truly want one pot that can do it all, the Instant Pot is it. Not only is it a pressure cooker that can cook frozen chicken in mere minutes, but it also sautees, steams, cooks rice, slow cooks like a crockpot, and more! This all-in-one device is truly a kitchen must-have!
Below is the Instant Pot I have and recommend:
Recommended Reading: Cabbage Juice Recipe For Ulcerative Colitis
Instant Pot Keto Cheeseburger Soup
Typically, cheeseburger soup consists of the following delicious ingredients: ground beef, cheese, and potatoes. But what if you’re attempting the keto diet and can’t have those extra net carbs? Whether you’re attempting to go low-carb or simply looking for some healthy Instant Pot recipes, this cheeseburger soup is perfect to have for dinner throughout the week.
Get our recipe for Instant Pot Keto Cheeseburger Soup.
Easy Healthy Instant Pot Recipes Anyone Can Make
If youre looking for a fast and easy way to make a meal but microwave cooking is not your thing, you may be ready for an Instant Pot. A multifunctional pressure cooker, an Instant Pot can cook everything from oatmeal to roasts to soups to desserts, and everything in between, and in far less time than just about any other cooking appliance.
Different from a slow cooker, which cooks food at lower heat for longer periods of time, an Instant Pot has multiple cooking functions, including pressure cooking, which is used to cook food at a higher heat for a shorter period of time.
Read Also: Onion Soup Mix Gravy Recipe
What Is An Instant Pot
In a nutshell, an Instant Pot is a modernized electric pressure cooker. Particularly good for cooking beans, legumes, tougher cuts of meat, cutting the cooking time in half! The difference between a pressure cooker and an Instant Pot is that the Instant pot is electric and is self-contained, whereas a pressure cooker is manually heated on the stovetop. To see all our instant pot recipes, go here: Instant Pot Recipe Index!
A Few Facts About Instant Pots
There are many benefits to cooking in an Instant Pot:
- Minimal effort: You toss in the ingredients and your Instant Pot does all the work.
- Fewer dirty dishes: No prep dishes required everything goes directly into the Instant Pot.
- Time management: Complete meals are ready in a matter of minutes.
- Healthy cooking: The Instant Pots shorter cooking times may contribute to greater preservation of foods vitamins and minerals compared with other cooking methods.
- Great for meal prep, too: Instant Pots can make many meal prep staples quickly and easily, making your cooking for the week that much easier. You can safely cook meat, even if its frozen. Use it to make a weeks worth of shredded chicken for tacos, wraps, salads, and rice bowls, to make hard-boiled eggs for salads or snacking, and to make steel-cut oats or cooked beans from dry to ready!
You May Like: Gluten Free Protein Bars Recipe
Healthy Instant Pot Recipes For Quick Flavor
Lean on your trusty electric multicooker to achieve your healthy meal plan. With these healthy Instant Pot recipes, you’ll be able to enjoy filling meals featuring lean meats, nutritious veggies, and bold spices. Read on for delicious, yet easy healthy Instant Pot recipes that will be perfect for weeknight meals and fancy dinners alike.
Instant Pot Recipes For Whole30
With the Instant Pot, hands off cooking can be such a lifesaver. Most of these meals are made in less than 30 minutes, and will require very little actual work on your part. We are keeping the focus on Instant Pot recipes today so that you busy folks can eat well with less work in the kitchen!
So lets get started! This roundup will cover everything you need for a successful Whole30 from breakfast recipes to a variety of main dishes.
Read Also: Easy Healthy Food Recipes To Lose Weight
Fantastic Healthy Instant Pot Dinner Recipes
When you come home after a long day, the last thing you want to do is prepare and cook a complicated meal that requires multiple pots and pans and tonnes of tidying up afterward.
Many will turn to an unhealthy fast-food option, but that is expensive and bad for you. So, what can you do if you dont have time to cook, but you dont want to resort to fast food?
Whole30 Instant Pot Chicken Recipes
Instant Pot Shredded Chicken this is a staple in our house, we have it almost once a week. You can use it in tacos, on salads.. really anything!
Instant Pot Orange Chicken is one of our favorite Whole30 meals. Omit the brown sugar and use tapioca starch to make it Whole30 friendly
Lemon Garlic Chicken Dinner Potatoes, green beans and chicken cook together for the perfect one pot meal!
Instant Pot Chicken Tinga is loaded with flavor this is one of those Whole30 meals that doesnt feel like its Whole30.
Instant Pot BBQ Chicken Meatballs are SO yummy. We love all things BBQ Chicken and these are so yummy!
Instant Pot Butter Chicken is so flavorful when served over cauliflower rice!
Instant Pot Greek Chicken recipe is an easy and healthy dinner for a busy weeknight.
Recommended Reading: Cucumber Salad Recipe With Mayo
Instant Pot Wild Rice Soup Recipe
Here’s another fan favorite Instant pot recipe: creamy wild rice soup! This soup is oh so comforting, featuring white beans, carrots, mushrooms and wild rice. And, its vegan! Its naturally creamy using cashews blended with some of the soup to create a silky smooth texture. It makes for a filling and satisfying wild rice soup.
Why Youll Love This Vegetable Soup Recipe
- Its easy to make. Once you chop and sauté the vegetables, the Instant Pot does the rest.
- The recipe is easily adapted to use other veggies, so its perfect for cleaning out your refrigerators crisper drawer.
- It reheats wonderfully. The leftovers are perfect for a quick lunch or dinner.
We like to serve this Instant Pot vegetable soup with dinner rolls, yeast rolls, crackers, cornbread, or whole wheat bread and honey butter. Or pair a bowl of vegetable soup with a green salad for a classic soup and salad combination.
Recommended Reading: Mccormick Italian Seasoning Spaghetti Sauce Recipe
Healthy Instant Pot Recipes
This Instant Pot Spaghetti is one of the best Instant Pot recipes for a fast family dinner. Everything cooks together in one pot: meat, pasta and sauce!
This Instant Pot Butternut Squash Soup has the best flavors of fall wrapped up in a deliciously easy soup!
Honey Garlic Instant Pot Chicken Breasts are always moist, tender and flavorful! These pressure cooker chicken breasts cook perfectly in minutes from fresh or frozen for a quick dinner.
Instant Pot Minestrone Soup is the perfect hearty meal to warm you up. This homemade recipe tastes just like the restaurant version and is loaded with healthy vegetables and hearty beans.
Enjoy an easy savory meal with this Instant Pot Chicken Thighs recipe. Perfectly juicy and seasoned with a homemade spice rub, make these chicken thighs in your Instant Pot in just 30 minutes, start to finish.
These Easy Peel Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs are so simple to make and easy to peel! They are a great healthy meal prep option for breakfasts, snacks and lunches.
This vegetarian Instant Pot Lentil Soup is a warmly spiced soup thats filled with tender lentils, vegetables and tomatoes.
This Instant Pot Potato Soup is the perfect thick and creamy soup for a chilly winter evening meal.
We cant get enough of this Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup! This healthy one pot dinner can also be made in the slow cooker.
Instant Pot Pinto Beans are a versatile recipe that you can use to make many delicious meals.