Turkey Taco Stuffed Sweet Potato
Dont you just love it when healthy and satisfying meets quick and easy? Thats what youll get with these turkey-stuffed sweet potatoes. Theyre loaded with Tex-Mex flavor and better for you than a lot of other taco night favorites. Plus, theyre ready in a flash!
Get the Recipe: Turkey Taco Stuffed Sweet Potato
Easy Baked Ziti With Spinach Zucchini & Mushrooms
This is one of the best recipes for baked ziti that youll find out there. It is simple and has a ton of hidden veggies, making this a perfect recipe to serve kids. You have to cook them down to the point that their texture matches the rest of the sauce.
There are two types of cheese that you can use to make this recipe stand out. This calls for ricotta and mozzarella, but that isnt something you have to do.
You can also mix in other cheese if you want a different flavor on top of your casserole.
Turkey And Beef Meatloaf With Cranberry Glaze
Turkey and cranberries is a match made in heaven why wait for Thanksgiving to enjoy it? This healthy take on meatloaf pairs the two in an inspired way: Turkey lightens up the traditional ground beef base and antioxidant-rich cranberries are the centerpiece of a tangy glaze.
Get the Recipe: Turkey and Beef Meatloaf with Cranberry Glaze
You May Like: Best Cocktail Recipes With Whiskey
Turkey Cheeseburger Quinoa Casserole
This dish is packed with flavor and protein.
The recipe calls for a mixture of ground turkey and ground beef, but of course, you can use just ground turkey.
The can of V8 juice adds so much flavor, and seasoning salt provides the rest.
Heres a tip. Cook the quinoa in chicken broth or beef broth to give it tons of flavor.
Ground Turkey Casserole Recipe With Biscuits
Most ground turkey casserole recipes are stand-alone, but this one comes with a side dish built-in! Just layer the biscuit or crescent roll dough along the bottom of the pan, and it works like a pie crust.
Mustard and BBQ sauce all make this a decadent recipe, and some veggies like zucchini make this a much more balanced meal than it looks like at first. Bacon bits also make this recipe taste even better and give it a richness that other casseroles lack.
Read Also: Slimfast Keto Meal Shake Recipes
Cheesy Eggplant Casserole With Ground Turkey
Recipes with ground turkey dont always have to have the protein as the star. The real winner of this dish is the eggplant.
You layer it into the cooking dish like lasagna with the turkey and other ingredients creating a stack of delicious flavors.
Another great thing about this casserole recipe is that you dont even need to peel the eggplant to make it shine.
The cooking process in this recipe makes the peels themselves entirely tender. You can eat everything and not even waste anything.
Ground Turkey Spaghetti Squash Casserole
This ground turkey and spaghetti squash casserole are perfect for anyone who wants a lot of flavor with no guilt! Packed full of veggies and made with ground turkey, spaghetti squash, kale, and a couple of other surprise ingredients, this is sure to please.
The secret ingredient in this recipe is ranch dressing! Yes, ranch dressing gives this recipe a unique kick and amps up the flavor. You can use any dressing, but its recommended to use a dairy-free organic ranch.
This recipe fits the paleo diet, is dairy and gluten-free, and fits the Watch30 diet so that you can make this for any diet!
Also Check: Low Calorie Recipes For Weight Loss
How To Make Meatloaf
My mom always made meatloaf with beef when I was growing up, and I always loved it. But once I tried it with turkey, I never looked back. Not only is it leaner, I also find the meatloaf juicier and my family now prefers it, its on constant rotation. Here are a few tips and variations for perfectly juicy and flavorful meatloaf every time!
How Can You Tell When Ground Turkey Is Done Without A Thermometer
If you want to fully cook your ground turkey, the only way to tell its done without a meat thermometer is to cook it until its dry and crumbling. However, at this point, you can be sure youve overcooked your ground turkey.
If you want to cook your ground turkey without overcooking it, youll really need to use a thermometer. Both raw and cooked turkey are pink when the turkey has been cooked to a safe temperature of 165F, so it can be difficult to tell the difference without an exact temperature.
Also Check: Pear Martini Recipe With St Germain
Turkey Meatloaf Muffins With Only Five Ingredients
We love meatloaf, and when you make meatloaf muffins in a muffin pan, its super easy and fun.
What we love about this meatloaf recipe is that it has only five ingredients: oats, egg, green onions, salsa, and ground turkey.
How easy is that?
Serve these meatloaf muffins with a side salad or baked potato and you have a complete meal.
If you love stuffed cabbage rolls, you will adore this lightened-up version of this classic recipe.
You can use savoy cabbage or regular green cabbage for this recipe.
For the rice, use whatever type of rice you like, including basmati rice or brown rice.
The garlic adds tons of flavor, and you can use any combination of oregano, rosemary, or thyme.
Cheeseburger soup is comfort food at its finest. Oozing with cheesy flavor and savory sauce, this healthier version of the classic is incredible.
This soup is loaded with veggies, including celery, Yukon gold potatoes, cauliflower, and carrots.
The soup gets its flavor from chopped green onions, garlic, and sharp cheddar cheese.
You can make this soup in your Instant Pot or slow cooker.
Mediterranean Style Ground Turkey Recipes
- Italian Stuffed Peppers – Looking for a new dinner idea? Try these delicious Italian stuffed peppers with ground turkey, brown rice, and cheese. It’s a family-friendly recipe that you’re gonna love!
- Greek Turkey Lettuce Wraps – Greek Turkey Taco Lettuce Wraps are lighter versions of gyros or tacos served in lettuce wraps instead of pitas or tortillas!
- Turkey Zucchini Meatballs – These juicy oven-baked Turkey Zucchini Meatballs are a great healthy recipe for an easy and comforting meal! They are perfect for a meal prep or to serve with some Marinara sauce and spaghetti for a quick weeknight dinner.
- Greek Style Ground Turkey Skillet with Spinach – Greek Style Ground Turkey Skillet with Spinach features Mediterranean flavor from olives, feta cheese and lemon juice. Try this easy recipe for a healthy meal on a busy night!
- Mediterranean Baked Turkey Meatballs – Mediterranean Baked Turkey Meatballs are turkey meatballs mixed with the warm, rich spices of cumin, cinnamon, allspice and cayenne pepper. These meatballs are lean and baked to create a healthy meal option.
Recommended Reading: Low Sugar Low Cholesterol Recipes
Asian Inspired Ground Turkey Recipes
- Egg Roll in a Bowl – Egg roll in a bowl is a healthy deconstructed egg roll without the deep-frying! It’s a low-carb meal packed with veggies and flavors!
- Ground Turkey Teriyaki Bowls – These Ground Turkey Teriyaki Bowls are packed with bold and fresh flavors! Theyre great for a quick and easy dinner, meal prep and leftovers.
- Turkey Banh Mi Bowl – This turkey banh mi bowl recipe is absolutely delicious and richly flavorful! This recipe really is a riot of complementary flavors – from the quick pickled veggies to the herby meatballs.
- Coconut Turkey Curry – A veggie-filled, flavor-packed, ground turkey curry that comes together in 30 minutes! Its simple. Its lightened up. And its a great balance of protein and fresh vegetables.
- Thai Inspired Turkey Stir Fry– If youre a fan of Thai food you have to try this amazing Thai-Inspired Ground Turkey Stir Fry youre going to love this recipe!
Easy Turkey Inside Out Cheeseburgers
With inside-out cheeseburgers, the cheddar cheese is melted inside the ground turkey patty.
Dijon mustard imparts tons of flavor to these burgers, and the only other seasoning you need is salt and black pepper.
Serve these burgers with your favorite toppings, including avocado, tomato slices, leafy lettuce, and red onion.
Also Check: Healthy Low Carb Vegetarian Recipes
Lasagna Spaghetti Squash Boats
Even if youre not on a keto diet, I still highly urge you to try this dish.
To be completely honest, this squash boat doesnt taste like lasagna at all, but its wildly delicious!
It has a layer of shredded squash at the bottom, ground turkey in marinara in the middle, and mozzarella and ricotta on top.
And the best part? The whole thing is baked and served in a hollowed-out squash half. How exciting is that?
What Temperature Does Ground Turkey Need To Be Cooked To
Ground turkey should be cooked to an internal temperature of 165°F.
You can use a digital thermometer to check the temperature of things like meatballs and meatloaf. If you are crumbling ground turkey in a pan, cook it until there is no pink remaining.
I hope that answers some of your burning questions about using ground turkey in your kitchen. And I hope you find some new favorites from the recipes below.
Read Also: Best Fruit Smoothie Recipes For Weight Loss
Ground Turkey Lettuce Wrap Recipes:
Ground turkey lettuce wraps are simple and delicious! Here are a few that we like:
These Sesame Ginger Ground Turkey Lettuce Wraps are super flavorful and make a great weeknight meal. You can have them on the table in 15 minutes flat!
Asian Lettuce Wraps are delicious! This homemade version tastes like PF Changs Lettuce Wraps and they are so easy to make. They can be ready in 20 minutes!
Ground Turkey Stuffed Shells
Stuffed shells pasta dishes are so satisfying and theyre super easy to make.
This recipe calls for tons of spinach and a melty blend of our favorite cheeses, including mozzarella cheese and romano or parmesan cheese.
The recipe calls for a pound of ground beef and a pound of ground turkey, but you can use two pounds of ground turkey instead. You can also use turkey sausage to make this ground turkey recipe.
Recommended Reading: Hershey Bar Cake Recipe Southern Living
Tips For Best Results
- There is some liquid left after cooking pasta: Its OK. It will get absorbed by pasta with time as you let it sit to cook broccoli and before serving. It also makes the sauce. You can add more water just in case your ground turkey and broccoli pasta looks dry to you.
- Oil:The best oils for frying are those that have high smoke point. My go-to is avocado oil or coconut oil. Light olive oil, grapeseed oil or organic canola oil works.
- Gluten free pasta: It cooks faster than whole wheat and could stick more, so keep your eye on it.
- Dairy free: Skip the parmesan or use nutritional yeast.
Turkey Bolognese With Garlic Spaghetti Squash
If you’ve gone paleo but miss your weekly pasta nights, this alternative to beefy pasta bolognese is a serious cravings crusher. It serves up 8 grams of fiber and 22 grams of proteinand the sauce is splashed with full-bodied wine, a prime source of resveratrol. Because this dish is free of grains, added sugar, dairy, and processed foods, you can rest easy knowing it’s caveman-approved!
Recommended Reading: Aidells Chicken Apple Sausage Whole30 Recipes
How To Make Ground Turkey And Broccoli Pasta
- Saute onion and turkey: Preheat large Dutch oven, pot or deep skillet with a lid on medium heat. Swirl oil in a hot pot and spread with spatula to coat its bottom. Add onion and saute for 3 minutes or just enough till fragrant. Then cook ground turkey just until small enough pieces. Meat doesnt have to be cooked through and pink is OK.
- Cook with pasta for 10 mins: Add pasta, stock, seasonings and everything should come to a boil as you stir. Level with spatula and cook covered on low heat for 10-12 minutes. Its OK to open lid once to check on pasta. Pasta should be al dente not too soft. So it doesnt become a mush when we cook broccoli further.
- Add broccoli and let stand: When past is ready , turn off the heat. Add broccoli, tomato, garlic and red pepper flakes. Stir, cover and let stand for 3-5 minutes or if you like very soft broccoli, keep cooking for another 3-5 minutes. You can chop parsley and grate Parmesan cheese in the meanwhile.
- Garnish and serve: Add parsley and Parmesan cheese, gently stir and watch it all come together. Serve hot.
Whole30 + Keto Mini Meatloaf Muffins
Theyre a mash-up of muffins and meatloaf, and theyre simply delightful.
Ill bet you didnt think you can have muffins and stay true to a keto diet! It turns out, all youll need is to swap almond flour for regular flour, and voila.
Despite the switcheroo, these muffins are surprisingly moist and full of flavor.
Theyre not only keto-friendly, but are Paleo, grain-free, dairy-free, and Whole30-compliant, as well.
Also Check: Recipe For Crock Pot Beef Stew With Vegetables
Healthy Recipes With Ground Turkey Easy To Make
The ground turkey is lean and juicy and it tastes too nice to delight your taste buds. So, do consider ground turkey to make a part of every food life. Go with these 50 Healthy Recipes With Ground Turkey Easy To Make that will show you all ways to add the ground turkey to your delicious lunch and dinner round ups. The foodies and even the picky eaters will love these recipes so much and soon you will be cooking these recipes for them on requests. Explore this collection of 50 Easy and Healthy Ground Turkey Recipes that will spice up your kitchen and dining table and can be made for occasional parties too. Cook these recipes to bring a great healthy to matures and they will be hearty favorite dishes also for the little eaters in the home.
If talking about the most versatile cooking ingredients, the turkey is one of them. You will be pleased to hear that ground turkey can be a base for lots of cuisines too. From turkey skillets to turkey casseroles to delicious turkey pasta, you will find all popular Ground Turkey Recipes here that will bring great health to you also. This not end here, make yummy ground turkey and taco soups too that will be a big crowd pleaser and can be made to impress your guests too. Do take a roundup of the entire list to appreciate ore these turkey recipes.
Spicy Turkey Meatballs With Sweet Potato Fries
All the magic happens in the oven with this dish, which unites baked fries and savory meatballs with a garlic cashewbased dipping sauce. Everything here is also Whole30-compliant, thanks to the swap of almond flour for breadcrumbs. Need more Whole30 dinners? Check out our collection of Whole30 recipes.
Also Check: Bath Salt Recipes For Sore Muscles
What Is A Good Substitute For The Eggs In Ground Turkey Meatloaf
There are several substitutions for eggs that will work in this moist turkey meatloaf. Many of these options will be on hand for people who dont include eggs in their diet.Quinoa
Also, if you try a recipe and you like it, leave us some feedback in the comment section below, and dont forget to rate it! We would love it if you shared it with friends and family.
Finally, please use our hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on | | | for all of our latest blog posts and recipes.
Ground Turkey Lettuce Wraps
You cant have bread, but that doesnt mean you cant enjoy your favorite wraps and sandwiches. All youll need is a little bit of creative thinking.
I love the use of lettuce in place of bread in these wraps. Besides being significantly more wholesome, lettuce also adds a nice element of crunch to the dish.
Don’t Miss: Good Juicing Recipes For Weight Loss
Easy Ground Turkey Curry
A ground turkey curry dish that is healthy, low-sugar, gluten-free, Paleo and full of easy to find Indian spices.
And so it begins. Our quest to ultimate healthiness.
Have you ever noticed how one day you find yourself being okay just eating a bite or two of a dessert, and then a few days later you are 3 helpings in?
Thats my relationship with sugar. A love/hate, all or nothing type of relationship.
I love it when it is in my mouth, but man do I feel lousy once I am finished eating.
For the last year, I have struggled with headaches/migraines that occur up to 3-4 times a week.
I have tried multiple preventive medications, and am seeing a neurologist, a TMD specialist, a chiropractor and a doctor who specializes in nutritional counseling. My case is anything but straightforward.
I know I definitely have some postural misalignments due to years of crouching over textbooks, but deep down I also think something is not quite right in my diet.
In an effort to tackle this beast head on, a yeast-free, Candida diet has become my way of eating over the past few weeks. Is it easy? Heck no. Have I cheated? Absolutely. Do I think its working?! The jury is still out.
This ground turkey curry is just what the doctor order. Full of healthy ground turkey and finished with some easy to find Indian spices.
Serve it with a side of grilled or steamed veggies and you have yourself a healthy and filling dinner!
Can you tell Im a bit of a science nerd who likes experiments?!