Delicious Cobb Salad Recipes
Classic Cobb Salad with Buttermilk Dressing. Crispy chicken, crumbled bacon, creamy avocado, jammy eggs and sharp blue cheese all on a bed of Romaine topped with a pour of homemade buttermilk dressing. Meet the ultimate, official TMP Cobb salad recipe.
Southwest Style Cobb Salad with Smoky Chipotle Dressing. A smoky chipotle mayo and a little time on the grill transform classic cobb salad ingredients into our new favorite summertime dinnera hearty Southwest-style Cobb salad.
Spring Cobb Salad. Organic lettuce, peas, radishes, asparagus and everything else that spring has to offer makes this riff on Cobb salad absolutely light and delicious.
Endive Salad With Parmesan & Orange
Try this Endive Salad: equal parts refreshing, tangy, bitter, crunchy, and tangy! Bitter endive pairs perfectly with juicy orange and a sweet tart red wine vinaigrette. Top it off with savory Parmesan shavings and crunchy almonds, and the contrasts are divine. Each bite is crunchy, sweet, savory and citrusy.
Parmesan Crusted Chicken Caprese Salad
from Andie Mitchell
Juicy tomatoes, creamy mozzarella, and fresh basil make a pretty sublime trifecta, and this salad celebrates those flavors we look forward to every summer. Add some crispy parmesan crusted chicken, spicy arugula, and bitter radicchio to the mix, and youve got a winner of a salad.
Don’t Miss: Nature’s Recipe Vegetarian Canned Dog Food
Tips For The Best Bean Salad
- Use from scratch beans: While the convenience of canned beans is nice, you will be amazed at the taste difference when you make your beans from dried! Try making beans in the Instant Pot or on the stovetop.
- Add dressing to warm beans: It will help absorb the flavor of your dressing better! If you are starting with cold beans, warm them quickly in the microwave or on the stovetop, then add dressing.
- Make it the night before: Bean salads are the perfect make ahead salad for dinner the next night! The flavors will meld together, producing a very flavorful salad. If the recipe calls for diced avocado or fruit, add right before serving.
- Bold flavors: Fresh, fresh, fresh salad ingredients like herbs, vegetables, garlic, onion, freshly grated cheese all taste best etc!
Healthy Vegetarian Salads To Eat Every Day
This is a list of easy and delicious healthy vegetarian salad recipes that you will actually want to make and eat every day. This collection is perfect for summer or any time of the year and includes some tasty and fresh quinoa salads, chickpea salads, bean salad recipes, avocado salads and a healthy egg salad!
Don’t Miss: Low Calorie Recipes For Weight Loss
Salads That Make A Meal
This roundup of 32 salads that make a meal features substantial salads with staying power that you can eat for lunch or dinner.
Man do I love a big, bountiful salad. You know, the kind that sticks to your ribs and is hearty enough to make a meal of? The kind of salad with substance and staying power, so you arent hungry two hours later and find yourself in a late night pantry raid youll regret later. These salads are colorful, healthy, filling, and easy to prepare. So grab a fork and get those greens!
Best Vegetable Salad Recipes Tips
- Use the freshest ingredients: While stir fry is great for cleaning out the fridge, a good vegetable salad tastes best with the freshest produce!
- Chop vegetables into small pieces: Easier to chew and you are able to get a variety on your fork, then into your mouth for maximum taste.
- Fresh herbs: Really make your salad pop, use fresh cilantro, parsley, dill, thyme, oregano, basil or your favorite.
Also Check: Cream Cheese Dip Recipes For Crackers
Healthy Salads For Lunch
Shake up your weekday lunch with these tasty, healthy salads for lunch recipes that are great on the go. Make a filling and healthy salad that will power you through any work day. Full of protein and fiber these quick salads are an easy way to spruce up your lunch.
Our 6 Best Salad Recipes For Dinner
Easy Niçoise Salad. Our healthy, easy Niçoise salad recipe is just begging to be paired with long, lazy summer evenings and plenty of chilled rosé.
Grilled Steak Salad with Blue Cheese Dressing. Seared skirt steak, grilled romaine, and onions meet bright cherry tomatoes, avocado, and creamy homemade blue cheese dressing for a grilled steak salad recipe that really hits the spot.
Vegan Roasted Sweet Potato Salad. A hearty mountain of roasted sweet potatoes, avocado, black beans and raw kale are tossed in a creamy lime-cashew-cilantro dressing in this brightly flavorful, vegan sweet potato salad recipe.
Baked Salmon with Grapefruit Salad. Avocado, grapefruit and a sweet-tart honey mustard salad dressing makes a colorful bed for fresh baked salmon.
Curried Cauliflower Quinoa Salad. This curried cauliflower quinoa salad recipe is made even heartier and more protein-packed thanks to the addition of a creamy tahini dressing. It’s the perfect vegetarian salad recipe!
Also Check: Recipes Using Marinated Mozzarella Balls
Healthy Dinner Salad Recipes
Have salad for dinner with these healthy and substantial salad recipes that are filling, delicious and easy to make!
When most people think of salads they envision a small plate with greens and a few additional veggies or a simple side dish, but Im here to show you that salads can be so much more than that! With the right toppings you can make a salad that is colorful, bountiful and filling enough to serve as a meal.
Meal-sized salads are totally my thing and Im all about eating a big ol salad for dinner!
A while back I shared my guide for how to build a healthy salad, which involves a good source of protein, complex carbs and healthy fats. That said, I realize that a little inspiration is always nice so Im sharing this dinner salad roundup with 21 salad recipes that youll actually enjoy serving for dinner.
Ive broken down the salads by protein so you can easily skim the list and choose salads to try based on your favorite protein source and what you have on hand.
I cant wait for you to try these amazing salads.
Salad Recipes For A Healthy Packed Lunch
Lets be clear, were advocates of food which is both nutritious AND delicious good food, full of sustenance and without the slump, is a concept we can definitely get behind . Thats why weve sniffed out 17 of our best-ever salad recipes, perfect for a healthy packed lunch which will leave you satisfied and onlookers nothing short of envious.
From punchy jerk chicken and caramelised squash to freekeh, feta and red onion, these salads are bountiful, flavourful and full of nourishment. Have a scroll and see for yourself!
If you were looking for a salad with a difference, youve come to the right place. This salad adds a streak of Caribbean flavour to your lunch with jerk chicken, cauli rice and peas, perfect for when youve got a bit more time on your hands .
Its time you started feeling excited for your packed lunch again. If you havent yet used miso, the fermented soya bean paste, its wonderful for adding rich umami flavour to all kinds of dishes wed add it to everything if we could. Try it with roast sweet potato, beetroot and red onion for a salad brimming with gooey, Japanese-inspired flavours.
Read Also: Green Tea Drink Recipes For Weight Loss
How To Make A Salad Into A Meal
Like I mentioned earlier, most of these recipes can be a meal itself. However, if you see salads down below that you dont think will be filling enough or is more of a side dish that you want to turn into a main meal, add a serving of protein! Add a baked chicken breast, a piece of salmon, some shrimp, steak, or even tofu to round out a mostly green salad.
Serving Recommendations For Healthy Salad Ideas
While some salads are main dish dinner worthy, other salads are perfect as a side salad. Even when a salad is a meal you may want an appetizer to tide hungry appetites over until everything is ready.
- Casseroles: Great salad ideas really add a spot of fresh green to the table when served with cabbage roll casserole, ground turkey quinoa casserole and chicken zucchini casserole.
- Meatless meals: Enjoy a hearty veggie filled meal when you pair types of salad with zucchini potato bake, spaghetti, or chili mac.
Salad ideas really can be enjoyed at every meal . Have a salad for lunch, followed by a healthy snacks in the afternoon. Browse additional healthy dinner ideas, top healthy sides, or healthy lunch ideas to come up with your own healthy meal combination!
I hope you enjoy this amazing collection of healthy salad recipe ideas!
Recommended Reading: Maker’s Mark Cocktail Recipes
Grilled Chopped Vegetable Salad
A great choice for vegetarians and meat eaters alike, Valeries salad is loaded with a hearty mushrooms and oh-so-delicious grilled veggies. A simple lemon-shallot vinaigrette ties everything together, getting this healthy dinner on the table in just 40 minutes.
Get the Recipe: Grilled Chopped Vegetable Salad
Tips For Storing Salad
- Make ahead instructions: Almost all of these salads can be made ahead of time. My biggest suggestion is to store the ingredients separately from the dressing, and toss when ready to serve. To prep ahead of time, you can chop up all the ingredients and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- How to store: If you do have leftovers, most salad can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Refer to the specific recipe post for complete storing instructions.
- How to customize. Most salad recipes are versatile and completely customizable. You can add in different vegetables or add in extra protein such as grilled chicken, grilled shrimp, salmon, or tofu.
Also Check: Recipes For Dogs With Sensitive Stomachs
Cozy Fall And Winter Salads
Just because Fall and Winter revolve around comfort foods, that doesnt mean salads are out of the picture. Nope. It just means that its time to incorporate some of your favorite fall flavors into your salads. Think savory roasted veggies, winter fruits, and tender, flavorful meat!
- Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad with Cranberries and Apple: You cant do a winter salad without Brussels sprouts! This one is a favorite, tossed with apples, red onions, cranberries, almonds, and a lemon vinaigrette.
- Kale Salad with Apples and Chicken: For a simple salad thats bursting with autumn flavors, this kale salad is always a winner. Its got shredded chicken, apple, cherries, onions, and walnuts tossed with my homemade apple cider vinaigrette.
- Turkey Cobb Salad: This seasonal spin on a classic makes the most of your Thanksgiving leftovers! From roasted butternut squash to leftover turkey, toss it all in for a hearty, dinner-worthy salad.
- Roasted Butternut Squash, Romaine, and Goat Cheese Salad: Speaking of roasted butternut squash, you can also throw it together with some chopped lettuce, goat cheese, and walnuts for a quick and easy salad!
- Persimmon Caprese Salad: Persimmon is often an overlooked winter fruit, but its so dang sweet and tasty! Which makes it the perfect addition to pair with mozzarella and balsamic glaze for a winter caprese variation.
Top Tips For How To Make A Salad
Building great salad ideas isnt rocket science, but there are some key qualities that make a healthy salad amazing just check out our perfect formula! Here are the cliff notes version so with any different salad ingredient combination you will know how to make a healthy salad recipe:
- Flavor of ingredients: Must blend well together i.e. roasted red peppers, pepperoncini, olives and feta are perfect for an Italian or Greek salad
- Freshness of ingredients: Crisp veggies, sweet fruit, fresh herbs/greens the fresher your ingredients the more tasty the salad!
- Appealing to the eye:We eat with our eyes first I am not sure who said that but its true the more colors the better.
- Different textures: Creamy cheese with crunchy nuts, soft berries with crisp veggies, flaky salmon with buttery salad greens you get the picture, textures creates taste explosion!
- Homemade salad dressing: Trust me it just makes your salad greens taste better, the ingredients are fresh and there are not any preservatives when you make your own healthy homemade salad dressings, enough said!
You May Like: Sauteed Vegetables Recipe For Weight Loss
How To Build Exciting Unboring Salads
The term salad doesnt just mean some lettuce drizzled with a dressing or vinaigrette. Instead, think of it as a meal that has multiple layers of flavor , texture , and color . Honestly, a salad is the most wonderful blank canvas to let your creativity run wild. So have fun with it. Heres a few ideas to get you started.
- Build layers of flavor. Start with a vegetable base, mix in seasonal ingredients, add filling protein, toss in some healthy fats, and drizzle a tasty dressing or sauce.
- Get creative with textures. Aim for a variety of textures with every bite it makes the salad more interesting! For example, start with a soft spinach base, then toss it with crisp bell pepper, juicy tomatoes, and crunchy nuts and seeds.
- Make your salad colorful. While green may form the base of your salad, remember that nutrient variety comes from color variety. So try to make your salad as vibrant as can be.The more color the better!
Springy Easy Salad Recipes
- Radish Salad with Yogurt Dill Dressing. Blushing radishes, cool cucumber and smoky roasted chickpeas make this gorgeous butter lettuce and radish salad with yogurt-dill dressing an absolute celebration of all things crispy-crunchy.
- Spring Salad With Barley and Lemon Chive Vinaigrette. Dressed with a chive vinaigrette, crunchy sunflower seeds and tart cranberries, this barley salad is an edible celebration of the cusp of spring, and makes a wonderful, hearty vegetarian dinner, too.
- Easy Fennel Salad. This sophisticated raw fennel salad is dressed simply with bright citrus, good olive oil, a sprinkling of parmesan and fresh mint to let the lightly anise-like flavor of the shaved fennel shine.
- Chopped Salad With Herb Yogurt Dressing. This fresh, crunchy chopped salad recipe is studded with bacon, dates and feta then doused in a yogurty, herby salad dressing. If you make it you might have a hard time not eating the whole bowl yourself.
Read Also: Gluten Free Dairy Free Bread Recipe
Quick Pickled Cucumber Salad
This recipe resides in that small but happy space between side dish, condiment, and healthy meal. It’s good enough to eat on its own, but it’s also the type of punchy, assertive salad that can be served over a piece of grilled salmon, chicken, and you can even tuck it into your favorite a wrap or sandwich.
Get our recipe for Quick Pickled Cucumber Salad.
Goat Cheese Salad With Arugula & Apple
Heres a salad idea thats on our new favorite back pocket concept: the Goat Cheese Salad with Arugula and Apples! Its simple and comes together quickly, but my does it deliver on flavor! The crunch of the apples, creamy goat cheese, and fluffy arugula are the ideal pair for the tangy sweet dressing
Also Check: Immune Booster Essential Oil Diffuser Recipe
Celery Salad With Apples
Heres a surprisingly delicious salad idea that deserves a spot on your plate: celery salad! The name doesnt have quite the ring of say, potato salad. But this unique salad is so refreshing, youll become a convert from the first bite. Crunchy celery pairs perfectly with sweet apple, Parmesan shavings and a tangy vinaigrette. Its bright, its crunchy, its hydrating: it works for summer, and its perfect in the winter too.
Lentil Salad With Feta
Heres a top-notch lentil salad recipe to add to your arsenal, and man is it tasty. This fresh and healthy lentil salad is Mediterranean-style, mixed with fresh veggies, feta cheese and pistachios. Its a delicious way to add protein to a vegetarian meal as a side dish, or bring to work as a lunch throughout the week. You won’t be able to stop eating it! Or try: French Lentil Salad
Don’t Miss: On Guard Essential Oil Recipe
Best Kale Salad Recipes
Kale Caesar Salad. Caesar salad isnt something we eat for its health-consciousness or nutrition-density. Unless, of course, were eating this kale Caesar salad recipe, which is Whole30 compliant and full of nutrients.
Kale Salad with Apples and Pumpkin Seed Clusters. A colorful, healthy kale salad recipe thats loaded with crisp apples, goat cheese and pumpkin seeds, then tossed with creamy apple cider vinegar dressing.
Tropical Kale Salad. Piled high with crunchy veggies, sweet mangos, macadamia nuts and tossed with the creamiest coconut curry dressing, this kale salad recipe is a cheery rainbow of a meal.
Massaged Kale Salad With Winter Fruit
This Massaged Kale Salad is perfect for fall and winter when seasonal produce is scarce. Pomegranate, orange and toasted almonds coated in delicious orange ginger dressing. I make this salad idea often at the holidays with sirloin tip roast.
Massaging kale softens the tough fibrous leaves, which can often be a turn off when people try it. Try massaging it a few hours before you plan to eat it, one of the best things about kale is its ability to stay fresh even after dressed!
Don’t Miss: Cell Culture Freezing Medium Recipe