Breakfast Should Never Be Boring
Get more Spoon in your feed.
The best decision Iâve made to date has been asking for a Magic Bullet. My next door neighbors may not love the sound of my blender, but Iâm convinced the only reason I havenât developed a case of scurvy is because I make so many smoothies each week. Sure, you could eat all the ingredients in a smoothie separately and get the same benefits, but itâs just more fun when all the healthy things turn a fun color once blended together. Almond milk smoothie recipes are a favorite of mine. The dairy-free beverage has fewer calories and fat than regular milk, and it keeps in the fridge a lot longer.
As a firm believer in the power of smoothies to combat the college cereal rut, Iâve rounded up 15 of my favorite almond milk smoothie recipes that are a bright spot on even the dreariest Monday morning. As a rule of thumb, Iâve tried to stick with some basic smoothie ingredients, because I know the struggle of having only half a mini fridge to stash your supplies in. Any other fun âextraâ ingredients are totally up to you and how your bank account is feeling.
Smoothie Not Sweet Enough
If you have a sweet tooth like me, you might wanna add in a little something, something to achieve a deliciously sweet taste for your strawberry smoothie.
- Keeping the sugar low? Use sugar free, natural sweeteners like liquid stevia or liquid monkfruit. Add in just a few drops to taste.
- Use the best strawberries. I know, I know, itâs totally hard to predict what kind of quality strawberries will be at the market. But if you can, pick the best ones for your strawberry smoothie. Iâve also found that frozen strawberries are in great condition and donât have any added ingredients.
- Add in the sweetener you have on hand: You can up the sweetness with a teaspoon or two of pure maple syrup, honey or even keto maple syrup. You can even toss in half a frozen banana to increase the creamy sweetness of your oat milk strawberry smoothie.
Its A Healthy Coconut Milk Strawberry Smoothie
The great thing about this strawberry coconut milk smoothie is that it is really good for you. Coconuts are a great source of good-for-you fats, and strawberries are great with all their fruit nutrients.
Health benefits of strawberries
We all know we need to get in our 5-a-day, and strawberries are a great-tasting, fun way to do it! Strawberries are great: they are high in Vitamin C , high in Folate , and are high in fibre .
Health benefits of coconut milk and coconut yogurt
Coconut contains lauric acid, which has antibacterial and antiviral properties, the MCTs coconut contains can help to enhance physical performance, and the healthy fats in coconut can help you to feel full and prevent overeating.
Recommended Reading: Lavender Oil Bed Bug Spray Recipe
How To Make The Best Strawberry Smoothie
Our basic smoothie recipe calls for four simple ingredients:
Strawberries I love adding a heaping cup of whole strawberries and particularly enjoy when the smoothie is made with frozen berries. For a smoothie made with blueberries, try our easy blueberry smoothie recipe.
Banana I use one banana to make one large or two smaller smoothies. For the best tasting smoothie, use a ripe banana. For the creamiest smoothie, use frozen banana slices .
Half an orange When I have oranges in the house, I love adding them to my morning smoothie. It adds extra vitamin C and tropical flavor. If you dont have oranges on hand, dont worry, you can substitute other fruits like mango, pineapple, and berries.
Milk To help the ingredients blend, I like adding some liquid to the blender. For a smoothie without milk, use water. It still tastes amazing. For more creaminess use milk .
To make the smoothie, I add everything into a blender, and then blend until smooth. For an icy cold smoothie, throw in a handful of ice or use frozen fruits.
Blender Notes And Recommendations
- I recently purchased a new high-powered blender and absolutely love it .
- You do not need a high-dollar blender to make this strawberry blueberry smoothie. If you use a high powered blender , your smoothie will have a finer, more even consistency, but you can certainly make this recipe in a regular blender too. If your smoothie is too thick to blend, add more almond milk .
- I owned this more economical option for a while. While it doesnt get things as smooth as quickly as a high-powered blender or come with the same bells and whistles, its a good option for the price.
- I sip my smoothies through these stainless steel straws. They make everything you drink through them from smoothies, to iced tea or iced coffee, to even water taste extra refreshing. I also keep a few in my purse for when Im out and about, so I dont need to ask for a plastic or paper straw.
You May Like: Paleo Recipes For Weight Loss
The Easiest Strawberry Smoothie Recipe
Here we are again with the non-recipe recipes.
The thing is, we love smoothies. The kids love drinking themthey are a healthy, sweet treat thats relatively easy to take with them when theyre outside playing.
And I love that I can pack them full of basically everything they need: fruit, protein, fiber, grainseven veggies if I were really trying! So as far as Im concerned, smoothies are win-win around here.
Thats reason enough to bring you this pretty pink drink today, right?
Im fairly confident that this strawberry smoothie are the instant-breakfast magic that gets us through our busy days!
Recommended Tools To Make This Recipe
- High-Powered Blender. If you like to make smoothies a lot, a high-powered blender is well worth the investment
- Stainless Steel Straws. Make everything you drink through them, from smoothies to iced coffee, taste extra cool and refreshing.
- Fun Glassware. Pouring a smoothie into a fun glass makes me feel like Im sipping away my worries on some far-off beachy vacation.
Don’t Miss: New York Times Recipes Login
The Best Strawberry Smoothie
Even with such a seemingly basic recipe, theres actually a trick that makes some strawberry smoothies taste better than others.
The trick is to use frozen strawberries instead of adding ice, because this will result in a thicker and creamier smoothie with a much deeper strawberry flavor.
If using fresh strawberries, just cut off the stems and freeze them beforehand, or you can buy the berries already frozen. Before blending, thaw them just enough so they arent rock hard and can be easily blended.
Serve for breakfast, with homemade Vegan Donuts
Can I Use Frozen Strawberries For Smoothies
Frozen strawberries work great for smoothies so you can enjoy strawberry smoothies year-round. Using frozen fruit in your smoothies helps keep them chilled and thick. If we have leftover fruit or a bumper crop of berries, we often store them in freezer-safe bags to make a quick smoothie another day.
You May Like: Aidells Chicken Apple Sausage Whole30 Recipes
Should I Put Yogurt In My Smoothie
A lot of smoothie shops and restaurants use ice cream to create that signature flavor and texture.
Kim and I drink a lot of smoothies and the idea of eating that much ice cream on a regular basis would do a number on our health.
So, we started using yogurts and frozen fruit to re-create the same texture without all the added sugar and fat.
In closing, if the choice comes down to yogurt or ice cream, then yes, you should put yogurt in your smoothies.
What Goes well With Strawberries
There are many reasons why people consume smoothies on a regular basis. Theyre a convenient way to consume enough fruits and vegetables, and at the same time, keep you hydrated.
This four-ingredient strawberry smoothie recipe is no exception.
The amount of each ingredient in this strawberry smoothie is totally adjustable and up to you. Aside from the natural sweetness of strawberries, here is what you get from this drink.
Don’t Miss: Campbells Soup Recipes Tater Tot Casserole
Is It A Smoothie Or A Milkshake
Some people are confused and think that smoothie and milkshake are one and the same. Not surprising since they are both blended beverages could have the same components like fruits and dairy products. The difference lies in the base.
Smoothies are typically made using fruit or vegetable. Milk and yogurt can be added and sometimes grains and nuts. They can be a meal on their own as they can be quite filling and contain essential nutrients.
Milkshakes, on the other hand, has more dairy product like milk or ice cream. You can add fresh fruits for flavor but most of the time fruit syrups are used. It is really more of a beverage that you have with a meal. It is also normally served with whipped cream on top.
Wanna Help Grow The Beaming Baker Community
You play such an important part in the livelihood of Beaming Bakerand just know that Erik and I truly appreciate it. ð§¡ If you want to help grow the BB community, you can do the following:
- ð Leave a comment & rating. When you try a recipe, leave a comment and star rating to let us know how you liked the recipe. It truly helps all of our readers discover which recipe works bestand keeps us going in the right direction.
- ð¸ Instagram. Made a recipe? Take a photo and share it on Instagram with the tag #beamingbaker and tag us at @beamingbaker. It makes our day to see how the recipe turned out for you!
- ð Tell a friend. You know when you love something, you cant help but tell others about it? If you love any of the recipes on Beaming Baker, tell a friend. ð It truly helps to grow the BB community. âï¸
Recommended Reading: Heart Healthy Recipes That Taste Good
Strawberry Oat Milk Smoothie Recipe
Today, I want to share a new favorite non-dairy recipe with you. This time of year, as things start heating up, I really enjoy a cool beverage. I created this Strawberry Oatmilk Smoothie as the perfect way to enjoy a healthy afternoon treat. It is cooling and appealing on a hot afternoon and full of nutritious fresh strawberries. It also includes Planet Oat Original Oatmilk for protein and for its creamy texture. This vegan smoothie is so versatile that it can be enjoyed as a healthy start to your day or something great for an afternoon snack or even after a workout. This oat milk smoothie is so delicious that it will appeal to your entire family!
This post is sponsored by The National Frozen & Refrigerated Foods Association . All opinions are my own. For more inspiration during #JuneDairyMonth, be sure to check out delicious ideas from NFRA at EasyHomeMeals.com #JDM2021
Ingredients For This Strawberry Smoothie
Heres what youll need to make this strawberry smoothie! Alex and I were careful to choose healthy ingredients for this smoothie: no overly sugary juices or syrups. Heres what we selected:
- Frozen strawberries: Its easy to find and store frozen berries, and they add a great icy texture to this smoothie. If you want to use fresh berries, use a frozen banana.
- Fresh banana: Our pet peeve is smoothie recipes that call for frozen bananas, because we never keep them on hand! Usually we want a smoothie recipe now. So we customized this one to use a fresh banana.
- Greek yogurt: Greek yogurt gives this recipe a protein boost and helpful probiotics. It also makes for a perfect creamy texture.
- Ice: Heres the most important part ice is essential to a perfect strawberry smoothie! It makes just the right frothy texture. Weve tried it without and it really makes a difference. Do not omit it!
- Milk: You need just the right amount of liquid in a smoothie to get it to blend. Not enough and the blender gets stuck , and too much it tastes milky. You can also use non-dairy .
- Maple syrup: Adding a hint of maple brings out the sweetness in the berries. If you eat a low sugar diet you could omit, but it doesnt quite taste sweet enough with no sweetener.
Read Also: Fruit Margarita Recipe On The Rocks
Make It Creamy And Thick
Creating a creamy smoothie texture involves frozen ingredients, starchy fruit, healthy fats, and fiber-rich oats. Bananas naturally contain starch that releases when blended.
The yogurt and almonds have rich fats that incorporate into the mix. When dried oats get finely chopped, their fibers help with thickening. These ingredients suspend with the frozen fruit particles to creates the optimal texture.
Other Features Of This Vitamix Blender
Are you looking for THE WAY TO YOUR FOODIES HEART? Or do you know One HOT COOKING MAMA who wants more time out of the kitchen? Looking for a WEDDING GIFT?
Consider getting THEM A VITAMIX BLENDER. Short, and Sweet it does it ALL.
Ive had the blended several weeks now and blended something daily. How do I know, not having it for very long? Two of my daughters have them too. Ive used them at their houses too, and its always been on my MUST HAVE SMALL KITCHEN APPLIANCE LIST. Oh, Big Papa throw your hands in the air if you are a true blender.
Im naming my VITAMIX. Dont you name your appliances?
Need I say more.? Clears throatYES! Oh, mamas, it can make baby food! My daughter loved to blend baby food, and then freeze them in ice cube trays. When frozen date your freezer bag, and pop them in, seal and freeze. Take out to use as needed. What a time saver for new moms, right?! Grab a few friends, and go in on a Vitamix for a baby shower gift.
- Yes, I might be slightly excited about this blender but, wouldnt you be if you got one as a gift?
FOODIES, MOMS, DADS will love this too! Its a MUST HAVE APPLIANCE for your KITCHEN.
- Its going to speed things up in the kitchen. Dear Vitamix, YOU COMPLETE ME. xo Theresa. Somebody might be in the dog house for not getting me one sooner. Sorry, Charlie.
Also Check: High Protein Shakes For Weight Gain Recipes
Tips To Make The Best Almond Milk Smoothie
- If you prefer thick smoothies, do not over blend the ice.
- For a low carb smoothie, swap out the banana for frozen pumpkin or avocado chunks. You will need to add 1-2 tablespoons of your favorite sweetener to compensate .
- Feel free to add 1 scoop of your favorite protein powder to add a protein boost. Unless you want to change up the flavor, Id stick to an unflavored protein powder.
- If youd like a sweeter smoothie, you can add some honey, maple syrup, or agave nectar.
Read Also: Best Blender For Fruit And Veggie Smoothies
How To Freeze Fruit For Smoothies
To make smoothies even easier, freeze fresh fruit into portions. You can even prepare smoothie packs and freeze them for a grab and blend smoothie option.
To freeze fruit for smoothies, rinse and chop fresh fruit into small pieces. Pat them dry then arrange, in one layer, on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Slide the baking sheet into the freezer and freeze until hard . For bananas, peel them, slice and then arrange on the baking sheet.
When the fruit is hard, divide it between freezer-safe bags and keep in the freezer for your next smoothie.
Recommended Reading: Cauliflower Crust For Pizza Recipe
Tips To Thicken Your Smoothie
I love my smoothies nice and thick, as I think it makes them more satisfying. This recipe is already fairly thick, but if youd like to thicken your smoothie even more, here are a few tips:
- Blend in a few cubes of ice after you mix your main ingredients until you reach your desired consistency.
- For thickness and added flavor, try blending in an extra handful of frozen fruit.
- You can also try adding in 1 tablespoon of chia seeds. After a few minutes, these little nutrient-rich seeds will soak up some of the excess liquid and thicken the smoothie.
See Below For More Smoothie Recipes And Drink Recipes That Are Perfect For Spring Summer Or Any Time Of Year
Dont forget to head over check out our sponsors products. There are SO MANY STYLES, and So EASY TO USE!
New here? Dont forget to ! Why? Because more good things are coming! Pin it for Later
The Vitamix E310 Explorian Series Blender is available to purchase , Williams-Sonoma, and Bed Bath & Beyond. It is available in-store and online at Macys, Best Buy, Sur La Table, and Crate & Barrel. To find the Vitamix E310 Explorian Series Blender in your area, visit vitamix.com/au/en_gb/where-to-buy for the full list of locations.
Read Also: Easy Low Fat Dinner Recipes For Family
How To Make An Oatmilk Smoothie
This is easy to make!
First, measure Planet Oat Oatmilk and pour it into the high speed blender.
Next, add strawberries. If you are using fresh strawberries, you can slice off the tops or just pull the leaves off and drop them in the high-speed blender as you prefer.
Drizzle in the maple syrup.
Finally, add ice cubes.
Blend until smooth.
Pour and you may choose to garnish your glass with a fresh strawberry with an incision in the tip.
Sip and enjoy!
For variations on this on this easy oat milk smoothie you could add 2 tbsp of peanut butter for an even more protein packed version . This is a great option if you are looking for a healthy breakfast smoothie.
If you have yet to try oatmilk, I think you will love how versatile Planet Oat Oatmilk is. You can enjoy it by the glass, in coffee, in cereal, in recipes, and more. Its a great 1:1 replacement for dairy in cooking and baking. Youll love its creamy texture and great flavor. If you want to learn more about oatmilk, please visit Planet Oat. Or click here to learn Where to buy Planet Oat.
I hope you enjoy this simple strawberry oat milk smoothie. It makes a great afternoon pick me up for the kids and I to enjoy together! It is also a great way to some extra fresh produce in your diet with great taste.
Visit Easy Home Meals for great recipe and meal solutions and to enter the for a chance to win up to $10,000 in prizes!