How To Store Keto Turkey Burgers
Any leftover burgers can be kept in the refrigerator in an air-tight container for four to five days. Then easily reheat them on the stovetop, in the air fryer, or in the microwave and enjoy.
Also, turkey burgers low carb version do very well in the freezer. Personally, I like to freeze the uncooked patties on wax paper on cookie sheets. Once theyre frozen, stack em up and place them in an air-tight freezer bag or container. Theyll keep for about a month or a little more and are practically ready when you are.
Tip: Only freeze the raw burger patties if the meat has not been frozen before. If your ground turkey was frozen previously, cook all the keto turkey burger patties you make.
Tips For Perfect Paleo Burgers
Dark ground turkey meat is boss
Use dark ground turkey meat for added flavor. Dark meat has more fat than white meat. Fat = flavor. Plus youll have less pan stickage.
Stovetop or griddle wins
Skip the grill. I know. Im a grilling devotee all summer long, but cooking paleo turkey burgers on the grill is a terrible user-experience if you happen to be a fan of tender burgers that dont fall apart. I prefer my patties in one piece, so its cast iron skillet or griddle all the way!
If youre so not into cooking on the stove, I feel you sister. Go ahead and put that griddle or skillet directly onto the grill plates and win at life. If youre feeling fancy, go ahead and call that griddle a plancha. I wont judge . Or be a pro and get an actual plancha or carbon steel skillet. Im not gonna lie, that skillets been calling my name all summer so its probably time to cave. But I digress as typical.
Oil is your friend
Make sure youre adding enough extra fat throughout the cooking process, but especially when forming the burgers and oiling your cooking pan. Add a bit of oil to your hands before you go to form the turkey burgers. The mixture is super wet , but sticky . Grease up your hands and youll be able to easily form those patties and transfer them to the skillet with zero problems.
Spinach Mozzarella Stuffed Burgers
Oh my gosh these are good. How can you go wrong with gooey cheese filling the middle of your burger. And with just 1 gram of carbs for each burger you can load up on some veggies for a side dish. Give these a try with ground chicken or turkey or even try using the meatloaf meat mixture found at many local stores. This is usually a blend of beef, pork and veal.
Read Also: Ground Turkey And Potato Recipes
Variations On Greek Turkey Burgers
Turkey burgers are perfect for adding fun flavor profiles. For a different variation, swap the Greek Seasoning for any of my Homemade Seasoning Blends and try cheddar or mozzarella in place of the feta. Here are a few favorite combinations:
Ranch Turkey Burgers use Ranch Seasoning and Mild Cheddar
Italian Turkey Burgers use Italian Seasoning and Mozzarella
Other Delicious And Easy Meals
- 1each of red, green and yellow peppersdivided
- 1red oniondivided
- 3TablespoonsSouthwest Seasoningdivided
- 2poundslean ground turkey
- 1 ½Tablespoons cilantrochopped
- 1jalapeno pepperseeded and finely diced
- cupfat free greek yogurt
- 3Tablespoonslight mayonnaise
- 1 ½Tablespoonssouthwest seasoning
Don’t Miss: Hershey Chocolate Drop Cookies Recipe
For The Chipotle Turkey Burgers:
- Avocado oil Because turkey is a lean meat, we add avocado oil to prevent drying out and also to make this recipes macros more keto friendly. Adding oil is the best way to cook ground turkey and keep it juicy! Olive oil will work as well.
- Coconut aminos You can also use soy sauce, if you are ok with soy and gluten, but this is why I dont use soy sauce.
- Spices Crushed chipotle pepper, smoked paprika, cumin, dried oregano, and sea salt. You can adjust the amount of chipotle pepper based on whether you like a spicy keto turkey burger or a more mild one the amount on the recipe card below is moderately spicy.
TIP: The crushed chipotle chile pepper is the secret ingredient that gives this turkey burger recipe so much flavor! Its made out of chipotle chile peppers, which makes a difference in flavor and level of heat. Chipotle chile peppers have a smoky flavor and moderate heat, whereas regular crushed red pepper is mainly just hot and sharp, with fewer other flavors. Although you could swap in regular crushed red pepper in chipotle turkey burgers, they would be a lot more spicy and youd lose the chipotle flavor.
- Fresh cilantro If you dont like cilantro, try some red onion instead.
- Ground turkey While any type of ground turkey will work, I recommend avoiding fat-free, which is incredibly dry. Lean is fine. You can also swap this with ground beef or ground chicken if you prefer.
Juicy Keto Bunless Burger
This inside-out keto burger is a meat lovers dream and pretty darn clever if you ask me.
With this recipe, youll skip the buns and the lettuce wraps. Instead, you sandwich all of the extras between two burger patties!
Talk about a flavor bomb!
Vegetarians beware: this burger features bacon, ground pork, and ground beef all in one patty.
All of that delicious meat is mixed with herbs, seasonings, and oniony goodness.
Its a luscious, flavorful, and fatty taste experience.
If youre sick of lettuce wraps, try portobello buns instead!
Theyre earthy, delicious, and so much more filling than typical bun alternatives.
This recipe makes a deeply-savory beef burger topped with bacon and avocado.
Prepare yourself for a flavor explosion because these burger bombs are mind-blowing.
Plus, they literally look like grenades!
Picture this a cheese-stuffed avocado wrapped in a spicy jalapeño-beef burger patty.
Then, wrap all of that in bacon and grill it until the meat is cooked.
Its loaded with umami flavor and fantastic texture.
Is your mouth watering? Because mine sure is!
Don’t Miss: Cinnamon Tea Recipe For Weight Loss
Can I Grill Turkey Burgers
Yep! Its completely fine to grill these keto turkey burgers. The biggest issue you may have is that the cheese inside of the turkey burger may melt out as they are first cooking. This is normal, so you might want to add a little bit more cheese during the last 2-3 minutes of cooking. Or add a slice of cheese once they come off the grill.
You can even cook burgers in the smoker! Check out this post for Smoked Turkey Burgers if you want to give it a try!
What Should I Serve With Keto Turkey Burgers
They are very similar to traditional hamburgers, so you could serve anything you normally would. I wanted to share some of the things we love to eat with them.
- Fries – We all love fries with our turkey burgers. If you eat low carb, you need to stick with a keto-friendly fry. Try my keto fries!
- Veggies – Really, any vegetables will work. Roasted veggies, grilled, or something like my keto creamed spinach would all be great choices.
- Salad – Serving a fresh garden salad is a wonderful way to make your meal stretch farther and get some additional nutrients. Or you can go with a fun salad like my keto broccoli salad or my zucchini salad which is made with zucchini noodles, feta, and dill.
- Dips – If you are hosting a dinner party or barbecue, having dips is a must. Try out my creamy chive dip its so good!
How To Make Fajita Turkey Burgers
These fajita turkey burgers are a breeze to make on the grill.
PRO TIP: Save a step by slicing bell peppers and onions before marinating and then use a grill pan or a cast iron pan to cook them. The veggies will not need to cool down in order to be sliced.
Keto Sheet Pan Burgers With Bacon And Jalapeo
If you want a bold and delicious meal with minimal clean-up, this ones for you.
Its a delicious, perfectly seasoned, all-beef burger topped with crispy jalapeños, softened onions, salty bacon, melty cheese, and spicy sauce. Wow!
The best part is that its all done in the same pan. That means all of the juices mix, and everything is flavored with beefy, bacony goodness.
Read Also: Beyond Meat Italian Sausage Recipes
Why We Love These Zucchini Turkey Burgers
- Lean & light Because these healthy turkey burgers are made with extra lean ground turkey, theyre lower in saturated fat and calories than your typical beef burgers, but are still equally delicious! Additionally, no bread crumbs are added, so theyre a low carb option too!
- Packed with protein Protein not only helps to build and maintain lean muscle, but also helps to keep you feeling full for longer.
- Refreshing The lemon zest, fresh herbs and garlic add a refreshing zesty flavour perfect for the summer time!
- Full of moisture The zucchini adds plenty of moisture so no egg is required. This is the secret ingredient for the juiciest turkey burgers!
- Contains almost a full serving of veggies How many burgers have that veggie-loaded perk?
- Easily adaptable You can cook them up on the grill, in the oven, on the stove or in the air-fryer so theyre a great option to make all year round, even when grilling season is over.
So many reasons to enjoy these burgers!
How To Make An Everything Spice Keto Turkey Burger
There are 2 ways you can eat these: as a regular burger with toppings or 2 thinner burgers acting as the bun. The burger bun is my preferred way to eat this.
So the easiest way to make these burgers is to add the seasoning to the turkey meat and mix with your hands. Then add in the crumbled goat cheese and lightly mix through with your hands again.
Once the meat is mixed, divide it into 2 balls. Then to make the burger buns, cut the ball into 4 pieces and flatten into 4 thin patties. Do the same with the other ball for a total of 8 thin burger patties.
If you just want to make regular sized burgers like the one below, just divide the meat into 4 and make patties.
To cook the burgers, spray a non stick pan with cooking oil and then cook the burger for about 5 minutes on each side. Note you might have to cook it a few minutes more if you are making the regular size burgers.
You May Like: Basic Drink Recipes For Bartenders
Pork Rind Bread Crumbs
Also, in meatloaves, meatballs, and burgers I often use powdered pork rinds instead of the traditional breadcrumbs. While you can purchase already powdered pork rinds, theyre not always available.
To be honest, I have a large tub of pork rinds in my pantry and powder my own. Its easy to do in a zipper bag with a little arm strength and a rolling pin. Or, if youre not into pounding , a food processor works well too. If youd like, here more complete instructions for Pork Rind Bread Crumbs.
However, I know there are those who dont care for pork rinds. A good substitute is to use almond flour for the pork rind powder, and yes, it will work too. Now, lets make some keto turkey burgers.
Keto Turkey Burgers With Tomato Butter
- 1½ lbs650 g ground turkey or ground chicken
- ½½yellow onion, grated or finely choppedyellow onions, grated or finely chopped
- 1 tsp1 tsp kosher or ground sea salt
- ½ tsp½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp1 tsp dried thyme or crushed coriander seed
- 2 oz.55 g butter, for frying
- 1½ lbs650 ggreen cabbage
- 3 oz.85 g butter
- 1 tsp1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp½ tsp ground black pepper
Whipped tomato butter
- 4 oz.110 g butter
- 1 tbsp1 tbsptomato paste
- 1 tsp1 tsp red wine vinegar
- sea salt and pepper to taste
Looking for a diet that works for you?
Whats your gender?
Recommended Reading: The Best White Russian Recipe
How To Make Keto Turkey Burgers
This section shows how to make keto friendly turkey burgers with step-by-step photos and details about the technique. For full instructions, see the recipe card below.
- Mix seasonings. In a large bowl, whisk together avocado oil, coconut aminos, crushed chipotle peppers, smoked paprika, cumin, oregano, cilantro, and sea salt.
- Add meat. Add ground turkey to the bowl and mix with your hands just until combined.
TIP: Dont overmix. To ensure a super juicy turkey burger, be careful not to over mix the turkey meat, because otherwise it will be too tough.
- Form burger patties. Divide burger meat into 4 sections and form patties. Make a thumbprint in each.
- Cook turkey patties. You can bake and then broil, or simply pan fry them. Be sure the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
- Rest. After cooking, let the burgers rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve. Serve these low carb paleo turkey burgers with desired toppings in a keto burger bun or lettuce leaves.
Barbecue Fare Gets A Healthy Mouthwatering Makeover
Our keto-friendly turkey burgers will satisfy even the biggest appetites, while helping you stick to your keto-based goals. The keto diet suggests an eating plan that focuses on protein and healthy fats, and deviates from carbohydrates. Healthy fats include healthy oils like olive oil and coconut oil, along with grass-fed meat and butter. These fats could also come from nuts, oily fish, and seeds. Meanwhile, proponents of the keto diet encourage people to ditch the highly processed vegetable oils and margarine.
That said, our delectable turkey burgers call for sesame oil, olive oil, and incorporate avocado strips as a topping. These nutritious ingredients fall under the keto-approved list of healthy fats, and offer a bunch of health benefits as well. Meanwhile, our burgers call for ground turkey instead of ground beef. This acts as a much leaner alternative and source of fat, when compared to conventional burger meat!
Each scrumptious patty also packs a protein punch! Clocking in at 29 grams a serving, these burgers will easily fill you up and help curb cravings.
Read Also: Good Tasting Protein Shake Recipes
Youll Love Our Dinner In Five Cookbook
We believe that the key to success is simplicity and satisfaction with your diet. Thats why we created Dinner in Five 30 low carb lunch recipes all using just 5 ingredients and 5 net carbs or fewer!
Enjoy unconventional burgers, heavenly steaks, gourmet-style seafood, mouthwatering sauces, sides and much more every day of the month.
Dr. Rosmy Barrios, MD
Dr. Rosmy Barrios, MD is an aesthetic medicine specialist whose work focuses on patients who are treated for obesity, metabolic syndrome, and other weight-related issues through nutritional analysis, keto diet programs, and supporting medications.
Keto Burger Topping Ideas
Weve got the keto turkey burger patties. And buns. Not lets talk toppings:
- Sauce avoid storebought options , and make your own keto ketchup or keto BBQ sauce. We also love keto ranch dressing, mayonnaise, or keto guacamole. What I love MOST is the In-and-Out sauce shared below.
- Cheese Yes, cheese is low carb, so pile it on.
- Veggies Sliced tomatoes, red onions, lettuce, and pickles. All great options.
Don’t Miss: Best Instant Pot Chicken Recipes
Lets Make Some Feta & Cilantro Turkey Burgers
These healthy turkey burgers are very easy. Just chop the jalapeno pepper, cilantro and green onions. Then mix those ingredients with the feta cheese and ground turkey meat. Form them into 4 burgersand then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Heat up a cast iron skillet and cook the turkey burgers for about 5 minutes per side. Let them sit for a few minutes while you make the jalapeno aioli sauce.
What Is A Ketogenic Diet
The ketogenic diet is a very low carb, high fat diet that shares many similarities with the low carb diet.
This involves drastically reducing carbohydrate intake and replacing it with fat. This reduction in carbohydrates puts your body in a craving state. When this happens, your body then draws on fat.
A ketogenic diet is an effective way to lose weight and reduce risk factors for disease. Plus, the diet is so filling that you can lose weight without counting calories or keeping track of your food intake.
Don’t Miss: Vegetable Smoothie Recipes For Weight Loss
Whole30 Thai Coconut Curry Turkey Meatballs
To me, coconut and curry are a match made in heaven. Nothing complements each other better than these two.
With just these components alone , youll get a creamy and wonderfully spiced sauce thats sensational even on its own.
Toss some turkey meatballs in and it gets even better. Im in awe at how this dish is insanely delectable yet healthy at the same time!
What To Serve With Keto Turkey Burgers
You can serve these grilled turkey burgers in so many ways. It truly depends on your mood and preferences. Here are a few ideas:
- On a lettuce bun just cut a small head iceberg lettuce in half and use it as a bun
- In a salad I love this strawberry goat cheese salad
- Bunless with all the toppings
- On a toasted burger bun
- Add your choice of lettuce, tomato, red onion, or pickles
- With ketchup, mustard, or mayo
You May Like: Healthy Crock Pot Recipes For Weight Loss