Corn Flakes With Honey And Milk
This another quick weight loss recipe that you can consume once or twice a week.
This is the simplest recipe out of all the 50 fat burning recipes in this article.
To make this breakfast all you need it Corn Flakes, Honey and Milk.
You can make this recipe in two easy steps.
Step 1: Boil the skimmed milk.
Step 2: Add Corn flakes and honey mix it well and have.
For the flavor you can use cinnamon powder when boiling the milk.
Note: Dont add sugar in this as it will spoil the whole purpose. If you notice none of the recipes include sugar as an ingredient, so its a point worth considering.
Sauteed Vegetables For Dinner
- Vegetables of your choice, diced in cubes – Capsicum, zucchini, cabbage, mushrooms, tomatoes, etc
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Salt 1/2 tsp
- STEPPour oil in a pan, and turn the heat on high.
- 2 STEPOnce the oil is hot, add garlic to it. Saute for 10 seconds, and add all vegetables to it, except capsicum.
- 3 STEPSeason it with salt and pepper.
- 4 STEPCover the lid and let it cook, till the vegetables are more than half-cooked. Now add capsicum, cover and let it cook.
Healthy Snacks Options To Lose Weight For Female
While most people feel that having 5-6 meals in a day is a lot, your body actually finds it easier to consume the calories in 5-6 small meals as compared to 3 huge meals. Hence it is always advisable to have snacks as mini meals in between the larger meals of the day. Following are some healthy snack options that can be added to your Indian diet chart for weight loss for female:
- Fruits with buttermilk or green tea
- Protein shake with nuts and seeds
- Veg sandwich or milk and apple.
- Walnuts and dates
- Fresh fruit smoothies or whey protein shakes
- Multigrain flour khakras
Indian homemade food provides one of the best weight loss diets. A healthy mixture of complex carbohydrates, fats and proteins with less oil or ghee is an excellent choice. These foods provide nutrition as well cut down into simple carbs and fats that often lead to weight gain.
Read Also: Recipe App For Dietary Restrictions
Oatmeal Satisfying Dinner Recipe
How does it help in weight loss?As compared to other grains, oats have a very less calorie count and are loaded with fiber. Having just one bowl of oatmeal for dinner can count for 166 calories, which is very less compared to other grains. Fiber content will not let you binge eat on late night snacks and thus help you control your caloric count. All in all, oats are a great ingredient for losing weight.
Spicy Fiber rich Oats
- 1 cup of oats
- 2 ½ cup of water
- 1 ½ cup of chopped vegetables
- ½ cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 medium sized finally chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon ginger finely chopped
- 1-2 green chilies finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon hing
- 10-15 peanuts roasted and crushed
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- salt to test
- Pinch of garam masala
- 1 tables spoon finely chopped coriander
- 2 teaspoon oil
Indian RecipeTake oil in a pan and saute cumin seeds and hing for a min. Add curry leaves ,chilies , onion, ginger and saute for another 10 seconds. Add chopped vegetables and cook for 1 min. Now add tomato and cook for another 1 min.
Next add spices like dhaniya powder, haldi and salt. Now, add water and take a boil. Next, add oats. Now cook oats for 4-5 mins and add crushed peanuts. Finally cook for 1 min. Garnish with dhaniya patta.
Unhealthy Indian Snacks To Avoid
Indian snacks are creamy, sugary and so delicious that thinking about them makes us salivate but if you are serious about losing weight, then there are some snacks that you need to avoid.
Now, jot down the no-no snacks listed below!
- Vada Pav: Loved by all Mumbaikars and the rest of India, Vada Pav is easily accessible and tasty, but really unhealthy. A single Vada Pav can have as many as 286 calories.
- Parathas: They are favorites of North India. Stuffed with creamy potatoes and pan-fried, they make the perfect food but arent good for the body. The addition of butter makes it fatty and unhealthy.
- Toast Butter: Being a quick breakfast dish, toast butter isnt a typical Indian dish but loved by the entire country. However, toast butter has no nutritional value. The white bread is full of maida and butter which is packaged, contains extra salt, color, and preservatives.
- Puri Bhaji: Puri Bhaji is extremely unhealthy as they are fried and potatoes arent the best vegetables to eat in the morning.
There are countless snacks that you need to avoid or consume less if your goal is to lose weight. To know more about these snacks, Read here.
Recommended Reading: Paleo Diet Recipes For Weight Loss
Understand The Science Behind Weight Loss
Weight loss and gain revolve around caloric consumption and expenditure. Simply put, you lose weight when you consume fewer calories than you expend and you gain weight when you consume more calories than you sweat.
To drop those extra kilos, all you need to do is eat within your calorie budget and burn the required number of calories. So, a combination of the two works best suggested experts. Get your daily requirement of calorie consumption and burn based on your lifestyle and dietary preferences, by signing up on HealthifyMe.
However, simply determining how many calories your body needs isnt enough. After all, four samosas , two slices of pizza , and two gulab jamuns may be within your daily requirement of 1500 calories, but these unhealthy food choices will eventually lead to other health problems like high cholesterol and blood sugar.
To lose weight the healthy way, you also need to ensure your Indian diet plan is balanced i.e. it covers all food groups and provides all the nutrients you need necessary for good health.
What Foods Should You Strictly Avoid While On Keto
- Legumes or Beans: chickpeas, lentils, green peas, kidney beans, etc.
- Root vegetables like potatoes, yam, sweet potatoes, carrots, beetroot, etc.
- Grains and Cereals like whole-wheat products like bread, pasta or crackers, rice, barley, millet, semolina, bulgur, oatmeal, cereal, etc.
- Fruit: all fruits, except avocado and moderate portions of berries like strawberries, blueberries, raspberries.
- Sugar or Sweeteners like carbonated drinks, sweets, fruit juice, pastries, smoothies, ice cream, candy, chocolates, jaggery, honey, maple syrup, coconut sugar, agave, dates, etc.
- Unhealthy Fats: processed vegetable oils, trans fat, etc
- Alcohol: beer, wine, liquor, or cocktails
- Sugar-free diet foods: sugar-free chocolates, sweeteners, syrups, puddings, desserts, etc.
Don’t Miss: Hershey’s Original Chocolate Cake Recipe
Healthy Corn Dalia Khichdi Indian Breakfast
Corn Dalia Khichdi like oats Khichdi is another popular diet for weight loss that you can anytime throughout the day. Many people enjoy having it in breakfast but some love having it in lunch or dinner.
The Corn Dalia Khichdi is not just tasted great but it is a very healthy weight loss friendly Indian breakfast. The recipe is made using veggies in less making it a perfect diet for weight loss. The link to the recipe is in the button below. A highly recommended Indian diet breakfast.
Eating The South Indian Way
Food from Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Kerala, Telengana, and Tamil Nadu has its own individual tradition.
Karnataka: Karnataka is dominated by ragi and steamed rice. You can have ragi/nachnidosas, Korri roti, Kesari bath, bisibele bath, vangi bath, and ragiidlis as a part of your Karnataka diet.
That is because ragi is full of vitamins, irons, proteins, and calcium. It helps to lose weight and adds extra fiber to your diet.
You can also stick to the Udupi cuisine of Karnataka for weight loss. It uses beans, grains, vegetables, and fresh fruits. The entirely vegan range of food uses coconut,brown rice, and jaggery.
Kerala: Rice, Coconut milk, and coconuts dominate Kerala cuisine. The typical meal combo here is called the sadya. Coconuts are rich in healthy fats like omega-3, MCTs, and fiber. Plus, it has anti-inflammatory properties.
Therefore opt for Kadala curry , appams, ChuvannaCheeraThoran , rice pathiris and gothambuputtu . For a fat-loss plan though, I would avoid coconut oil’s and coconut cream/ milk.
Tamil Nadu: Lentils, legumes and rice dominate a typical Tamil Nadu meal . You can have sprouts dosa for breakfast.And brown rice pulav or ragi balls and ladyfinger poriyal for lunch. You can also have avial, or a medium bowl of Keerai thandu sambar .
You can have green gram sundal and samai khichadi for a wholesome dinner.
For lunch you can have a medium bowl of brown rice, and kollu sambhar . Dinner can include Rava upma and ullipaya .
Recommended Reading: Recipes Using Ingredients I Have
What Makes The Indian Diet Unique
The best part of Indian food is that it contains all the important nutrients. You will find all major sources of nutrients in Indian foods like lentils, vegetables, grains, dairy products, etc.
India is a country where people mostly prefer eating vegetarian foods over non-veg. Meaning, Indias vegetable consumption is more compare to other countries.
One best part of vegetables is that it is perfect for dieting, and almost all veggies can be eaten in volume. Because they are low in calories and carbs.
Tip: Include as many veggies in your diet plan as possible. They are low in calories and can be consumed in volume making you feel full and works best on carb control.
Know your protein here: Protein-rich food in India for vegetarians Top 11 list
Most Indians prefer to eat vegetarian foods due to culture and tradition. Spices like turmeric are used in almost all Indian dishes. Turmeric is known for its anti-inflammatory and antibacterial traits. And, even used since the olden days in medical practice in India.
Let me know in the comment below if you want recipes for any dishes mentioned above.
Weight Loss Diet Plan Indian Dinner North And South Indian:
Below is the list of diet dinners you can try.
- Corn Daliya Khichdi , Tofu Bhurji with mix veg salad
- Oats mix veg khichdi , Paneer Bhurji, Mix veg salad
- Dal Dhokli with Mix Veg Salad
- 2 rotis with mix veg curry and salad
Corn Daliya recipe video
Here is the recipe video of corn daliya
Tip: Prefer eating light dinner 2 hours before bedtime
Note: Above is the list of healthy diet food you can include in your diet as per your diet plan. Calorie control means quantity control. So, consult your dietician for the quantity and adjust accordingly. Above are the diet food ideas and not the diet chart.
Read Also: Healthy Crock Pot Recipes For Weight Loss
Common Indian Foods That Induces Weight Loss
If losing weight is your primary goal, then you should cut down on junk, processed food, sugary beverages, and unhealthy fats.
Indian cuisine is undoubtedly delicious. But we cannot ignore the fact that some foods are laden with grease, sweet and butter. The good news is, there are plenty of dishes that are low in calories and full of proteins.
Here are some of the weight loss foods you can eat without feeling guilty.
Healthy Breakfast Indian Recipes For Weight Loss
These Indian breakfasts for weight loss might not contain what you expect of a breakfast food. Theres no sugary cereal, pastries or buttered toast here!
We are talking about serious vegetable stews, curries, savoury dosa served with chutney, even savoury oatmeal. For a run-through of traditional breakfast dishes from various states, check out this article.
While a western palette may not be accustomed to such an array of flavours first thing in the morning, when you see the health benefits , youll be wondering why you ever ate anything else!
Also Check: Margarita Recipe With Agave And Cointreau
Spicy Sweet Potato Salad
Weight Loss Benefits Sweet potatoes are known to be extremely beneficial food for weight loss. These are rich in fiber and can help you regulate your blood sugar level. Red chilies and spices included in this dish have thermogenic properties which help in increasing metabolic rate and thus burn fat faster.
- 1 medium sized chopped capsicum
- 2 tsp cumin powder
- ½ cup minced mint leaves
- 2 chopped chilies
- Salt and pepper to taste
RecipeYou can either bake the potatoes in an oven for 30 mins after coating them with olive oil, salt and pepper, or boil them in a pan for 10 mins to soften them. Peel the covering and cut them into tiny pieces.
To make the dressing, mix vinegar, capsicum, olive oil, cumin powder, orange zest, salt and pepper in a blender to make a puree. Add chilies and mint leaves in the potatoes and cover it up with the dressing. Mix properly and serve.
Indian Weight Loss Diet Tips
While observing an Indian diet chart for weight loss for female, the following tips might be useful
- Freshly prepared meals are the best choice always.
- Ensure to have all the food groups in your diet plan.
- Breakfasts are to be hearty and wholesome. Options like paratha, idlis, dosa, uttapam, bread and eggs are good choices.
- Breakfast should be taken within thirty minutes of waking up.
- Lunch should be a medium affair with dal, sabzi, roti and curd or rice, rajma, chole etc.
- Dinner should be light such as khichdi or dal chawal or curd rice.
- Dinner should be taken at least two hours before bedtime.
- Apart from the main meals, there should be 2-3 mini meals as well.
- These mini meals can consist of fruits, nuts, salads, peanuts etc.
- Packages, processes, ready to eat foods should be avoided.
- Water is a very important element of a balanced diet.
- One meal a week can be a cheat meal, however, ensure not to go overboard during this time.
- Avoid things like a zero carb diet or starvation to lose weight.
Read Also: Recipes For Diabetics With Kidney Disease
The Meaning Of Dieting And Diet Plans
The best Indian diet plan for weight loss is one that helps to keep you healthy in the long run. There is a simple rule of dieting and science behind it. Actually, it is a combo of science and maths.
Calories IN equivalent to calories OUT. If you consume calories less than you burn, you lose weight. On the other hand, consuming more calories than you burn makes you gain weight.
If you want to reduce your weight you need to work on your eating habits and control your daily calorie intake. Not only this, you have to balance all nutrients in your diet to be called a balanced diet.
A perfect balance diet is one that has all important macro and micronutrients in it. With this balanced diet, you can have your best Indian diet plan to lose weight.
When you understand the basics of dieting, you will figure out, it is not only calories that you have to check but other nutrients as well, like carbs. Indian foods are composed of mostly carbs, like rotis, rice, potatoes, etc. So, carbs control is very crucial in addition to controlling overall calories to make your plate perfect for balance dieting.
Suggested article for you: How many carbs a day to lose weight?
Chia Seeds Lemon Drink
Weight Loss Benefit This is the best food to eat at night to lose weight. As Chia seeds are enriched with fiber content, almost 10 grams per 2 tbsp, which helps in keeping you full and does not allow cravings.
It also comprises of an essential component known as leptin, which is useful in reducing your appetite and does not let you exceed the daily caloric intake. Apart from that, chia seeds and lemons are also useful in detoxification of the body and hence burning fat.
- 1 table spoon chia seeds
- 1 glass of water
- Black salt to taste
Easy Dinner RecipeFirstly, soak 1 tbsp of chia seeds in one glass water for at least 1 hour. The glass will would be full of chia seeds. Add lemon juice or salt to taste and stir well and drink it.
Read Also: Lactose Free Cream Cheese Recipe
/11eating Healthy Dinner Is The First Step Towards Weight Loss
Dinner is a very important meal when it comes to weight loss. While several experts advise against having anything beyond 6 pm, it is a good idea to have a light and healthy meal to prevent your blood sugar from dropping too low. Also, eating right at dinner keeps your metabolism high. Here is a list of 10 dinner recipes which can actually help you lose wight.
Zero Oil Low Fat Oats Flakes
So now that we know how beneficial Oats can be lets make another quick Oats recipe that will help you to lose weight really fast.
This is not a conventional recipe, I have made this dish at my home on my own. Furthermore, this recipe has worked for me amazingly well.
Lets take a quick look at the Ingredients needed to make Oats Flakes.
- Boiled Skimmed Milk
Once you have the above ingredients available move to next step.
Step 1: Boil the skimmed milk
Step 2: Add 1 Cup Oats and mix it well
Step 3: Add 1 Cup corn flakes and mix it
Step 4: Put handful of Oats Granules
Step 5: Include sliced bananas and chopped apples
Step 6: Add some honey to taste .
In fact I have made a video tutorial of this recipe and you can watch the video below.
Read Also: Recipe For Jalapeno Poppers With Bacon
Dieting: Supervised Healthy Eating
Dieting is the practice of eating foods in a manner to control your body weight focussed on preventing diseases, such as diabetes and obesity. Many get confused about the actual meaning of dieting.
Your dieting must be focused on eating healthy food in your calorie budget. It does not mean if any junk food fall into your calorie budget you start munching it straight away.
Dieting is not simply eating in controlled calories, but eating healthy foods in your calorie budget.
like a slice of PIZZA having about 250 calories might be looking good to you to munch. But you have to avoid unhealthy foods and your plan should be targeted towards healthy low calories food to avoid any future health issues like obesity, heart issues, and diabetes.