Why Do My Cookies Burn On The Bottom But Arent Done In The Middle
If your cookies are always burning on the bottom, it is probably a cookie sheet issue! If you are using really dark cookie sheets, the bottoms of your baked goods will tend to burn before they are actually cooked all the way through. If you use a lot of cooking spray, the same result can happen. I prefer to use lighter colored non-stick pans so that I dont have to use cooking spray at all. As mentioned above, I have been converted to silicone baking mats over the last couple of years and I love how easy it is for cookies to come off the tray no sticking ever!
Halloween Chocolate Chip Blossom Cookies
Oct 28, 2013·
You guys! It’s like three days to Halloween. Can you even believe it? And, as usual, I’ve posted next to nothing Halloween-related because I’ve been so busy. AAAAAH. The semester is starting to wind down though, so I’m hoping to have a little more time to do bloggie things. So now, these cookies. Are they not the cutest thing you’ve ever seen? Coming up with a name for them was harder than actually making them, fyi. Super adorable, fast, and easy. They are the perfect little Halloween treat!
One of the reasons I have been totally M.I.A. is that yesterday was Big-Little Reveal for my sorority! If you are not familiar with greek life, what it means is that I got a “little sister,” and she is a new member of the organization. So as her Big, what I do is spoil her rotten and be there for her and basically be her best friend I had been crafting up a storm which is why I didn’t have time to blog! Not to mention all those exams and stuff… phew. Glad that’s over! On that note, I am hoping to do a craft post in the near future talking about what I made for her. So adorable! She came over last night and we made these and let me tell ya… they are so yummy! Whip these up for any Halloween event you have coming up and you will definitely be the most popular person there. Promise. Happy baking!
Creepy Chocolate Chip Cookies
Comedian Gary Gulman did a sketch years ago about cookies. At the end of it Gulman expresses how much he dislikes sugar cookies because they are always trying to be something else and without changing they are just boring sugar cookies. If there is to be a close second to the sugar cookie it would definitely be the chocolate chip cookie. It has been reinvented in a million different ways in a million different recipes…BUT they are never decorated. I’m changing it up and decorating chocolate chip cookies for Halloween!
- food coloring markers
- ball head sculpting tool
- red gel food coloring and small food safe paint brush *optional
Make an indent where you want the eyes and mouth to be. I worked with my cookies warm so the dents didn’t turn in to cracks.
Using the black marker color in the holes.
Press sugar pearls in the indents for the eyes.
Break almond slivers into teeth like shapes and press into the mouth as desired.
Using the red marker color the teeth to look like blood. On some of the cookies I wanted a more bloody look and chose to use gel food coloring and a paint brush to get a more dramatic look!
Serve to your family and friends for a Halloween fright!
You May Like: Moringa Powder Recipes For Weight Loss
How To Make Halloween Cookie Cake
PREP. Begin by preheating oven to temperature on cookie roll. Line a large jelly roll pan with parchment paper.
DOUGH. Take out cookie dough from package and press together .
ROLL. Roll out until its a circle that is about ¼ inch thick. Cook 14-16 minutes or until golden brown. Let cookie cool.
FROSTING. Frost cookie with orange of frosting.
TOPPINGS. Top with cut up Rolos and Reeses Pieces. Drizzle on chocolate syrup.
Be creative with your toppings. We stayed close to autumn colors but pretty much any Halloween colored frosting and candies will work. A few ideas include:
- Chocolate frosting with a white frosting spider web
- Halloween shaped sprinkle candies
- Try using bright green or purple food coloring in the frosting
- Candy Corn
- Chopped nuts
+ Halloween Treats For Kids
October 12, 2019 By Aileen This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Its Halloween time again! Its time to celebrate and we have you covered with this list of Halloween treats for kids! We have so many great sweet and savory treats on this list that are sure to make your Halloween extra spooky and fun. I love so many things about this time of year, they
Recommended Reading: Macaroni Salad Recipe With Mayo
My Favorite Celebration Cookies Are Pudding Cookies
I have made so many different kinds of pudding cookies for every occasion: Christmas, Valentines Day, 4th of July, Easter, and now Halloween!
This cookie dough is easy to make, has tons of flavor from the added pudding mix, and they stay soft for days. These are so much better than your normal cookie recipe!
However, if you prefer you could also turn my Chocolate Chip Cookies or Sugar Cookies into Halloween Cookies!
Whats so special about pudding cookies?
I love how versatile they are. You can make any flavor cookie recipe just by adding a box of instant pudding! Whether you want vanilla, lemon, chocolate, cheesecake or any other flavor cookie, you just add that flavor pudding mix to your dough.
My original pudding cookie recipe uses a combination of unsalted butter and brown sugar. I love the flavor that brown sugar adds to cookies and it is an additional method to keep them soft.
As it is, pudding cookies are the softest chewy cookies you can make. They stay soft for days!
Halloween Cookie Cake: Oatmeal Chocolate Chip
Fun and festive GIANT gluten-free oatmeal chocolate chip cookie turned into a Halloween cookie cake! Decorate it as a spider web with icing, candy and spiders!
This Halloween cookie cake is so much fun for a Spooktacular Halloween night! And no holiday cookie cutters or fancy items are needed! This cookie cake is gluten-free with dairy-free options and can be made with zero processed sugars. The best part is the flavorsome chunks of chocolate chip morsels melted in!
Also Check: Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Recipe
Spider Chocolate Chip Cookies
Halloween Spider Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350ºF
- Cream together butter, sugar and brown sugar. Add egg and vanilla and mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt. Add to the butter mixture one cup at a time mixing between.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop onto a cookie sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes. Remove from the oven and place on a cooling rack.
Making the Spiders
- While the cookies are still warm, place a melting wafer for the body and chocolate chip for the head on each cookie.
- Using a toothpick, dip it in the melted chocolate and draw out the legs of the spider on top of the cookie. Place sprinkles in the melted chocolate for the eyes.
Spider Infested Chocolate Chip Cookies
See the step-by-step tutorial below.
squeeze-it mold painter bottles, or a disposable pastry bag or zip-top bag
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Melt butter in a mixing bowl.
- Allow it to cool slightly.
- Add brown sugar and granulated sugar and beat on medium speed for about a minute until well blended.
- Add egg, egg yolk, and vanilla and beat until fully incorporated.
- Mix flour, salt, and baking soda together then incorporate it into the wet ingredients.
- If using a hand-held mixer, it probably wont be strong enough to mix this completely, so switch over to a spoon or spatula.
- Fold about 9 ounces of chips into the batter.
- Scoop out 18 cookies, about 1/4 cup of dough for each.
- I used a #16 ice cream scoop.
Serve with a glass of milk.
Keep stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
These can be frozen for up to a few months but should be thawed in the refrigerator overnight, before being exposed to room temperature air.
You May Like: Essential Oil Recipe For Varicose Veins
Essential Halloween Cookie Supplies
Tip #1 for how to decorate Halloween cookies: You want to be ready when the baking mood strikes. Many Halloween cookie decorating ideas in the recipes that follow rely on a few key supplies to pull off the spooky look.
Gel food coloring. Deep, bright colors in this 10-color set include seasonal orange, black, green, and purple. Or go for plant-based food coloring for a more natural approach.
Sprinkles. Get your decorating game on with a starter 4-pack of Halloween sprinkles, jimmies, and nonpareils. You might also need green sprinkles and black jimmies for our Easy Slice and Bake Halloween Creature Cookies, and orange, black, and red sanding sugar for an easy Halloween swirl cookie, say.
Black cocoa powder. For a midnight color in Halloween chocolate chip cookies or spider cookies, combine black cocoa powder an intense Dutch-process cocoa meant more for coloring than flavor with regular cocoa powder.
Candy eyeballs. Edible googly eyes give an instant Halloween touch to your cookie monsters. A two-size assortment pack gives you eyeball options.
Candy corn and candy pumpkins. A few strategically placed candy corns on a simple sugar cookie create an instant Halloween mood. This variety pack includes pumpkins, too.
Licorice string. Add whiskers to your black cat cookies with flexible licorice string laces .
Video Result For Chocolate Chip Cookie Costume Diy
DIY Halloween Costume | MILK & COOKIES | Mommy & …
How to Make a Milk and Cookie Costume – Easy DIY…
HOMEMADE CHRISTMAS CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
You May Like: Blue Diamond Almond Milk Smoothie Recipes
How To Make Easy Halloween Cookies
Always use large eggs in your baking, to keep things consistent. I added pure vanilla and almond extract in my cookie dough today. Im a fan of almond extract, but if you are not, feel free to omit it.
Add your dry ingredients to the mixing bowl and give a gentle mix until dough starts to form.
You can use any kind of chocolate chip variety that youd like in these cookies. Since I knew I was dipping half with chocolate I went with a mini chocolate chip to keep the cookie as flat as possible.
Serve room temperature and enjoy!
Tools To Make Cut Out Cookies
Other than the basics, like mixing bowls and measuring cups, you’ll need a few specific tools to make cut out cookies.
- Rolling pin – a simple wooden rolling pin is all you need.
- Cookie sheets – half baking sheets easily hold about a dozen cookies each.
- Cooling rack – grab a cooling rack to cool your freshly baked cookies.
- Halloween cookie cutters – Look for medium sized cookie cutters with easily recognizable shapes. I used this set from Amazon: Halloween Cookie Cutters – 5 pieces, which includes a ghost, bat, scary cat, witch hat, and a pumpkin.
- Halloween sprinkles – I used a combination of orange, green, and black jimmies sprinkles.
- Parchment paper – It prevents cookies from sticking to your baking sheet. I don’t suggest greasing your baking sheet – this will make your cookies spread more.
Don’t Miss: Sour Cream And Onion Dip Recipe
What Makes The Best Halloween Cookies
So many things make these the best cookies for a spooky or fun Halloween party! Its really easy to dress up any cookie recipe for this occasion with just three simple ingredients:
- Halloween M& Ms
- Halloween sprinkles
- Candy eyeballs
With just those three add-is, you can make any brownie, blondie or cookie recipe into a Halloween cookie!
How To Make The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies:
After trying out multiple chocolate chip cookie recipes over many years, I have picked up several important tips for making the absolute BEST cookies!
- Make sure that you have enough flour in the dough. If the dough is too sticky, you may need to add a little bit of flour.
- Spend a little extra time when you mix the butter and sugars. Creaming them together for 2-3 minutes will improve the consistency of your cookies.
- Preheat the oven. This will help your cookies turn out right every time!
- Use a cookie scoop! If you want all your cookies to be perfectly shaped and have them all be the same size, a cookie scoop is the way to go.
- Use parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Doing this will make it really easy to remove the cookies from your cookie sheet so that you dont have to scrape them off the pan they will just slide right off in perfect shape!
- Dont over bake the cookies when I take mine out of the oven, they still look slightly under baked but they will continue to bake on the cookie sheet for a couple more minutes so thats ok!
You May Like: Homemade Iced Mocha Coffee Recipe
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
Admittedly, this is a classic fall season recipe. It just screams October. But something about those chocolate chips just makes us want to bake these cookies all year round, don’t you agree? Try making this recipe with salted butter once and you’ll be surprised at how it enhances the flavors.
Method of preparing the cookies:
Other Fun Halloween Treats
We love our Halloween treats around here! Make sure you check out our Monster Halloween Cookies, Mummy Chicken Fries, and our whole long list of Halloween Treats for Kids. Another fun cookie is our Christmas Cake Mix Cookies. Just use Halloween colored sprinkles! You might also like our post on How to BOO Your Neighbors. Its so much fun!
Cook Time: Total Time:
Make these spooky halloween chocolate chip cookies for your next Halloween party! They are perfectly chewy and golden brown with just the right amount of chocoalte chips and M& Ms.
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
Recommended Reading: Maker’s Mark Cocktail Recipes
How To Decorate Halloween Spider Cookies
When you are ready to decorate, melt your milk chocolate in a bowl in 10 second intervals in the microwave then pour into one of the disposable piping bags. Repeat for the white chocolate , pouring it into a separate piping bag.
Snip a very small hole in the end of the milk chocolate bag and pipe little legs onto all of your spiders.
For the single spider and a web, snip a small hole in the white chocolate bag and pipe lines as shown in the image below. First the 4 straight lines, then the scalloped lines to create the web.
For the large spider web design, pipe lines with the white chocolate as shown in the image below. First the 3 straight lines overlapping in the centre, then the scalloped lines round to create the web. I found it easier to rotate the cookie as I was piping.
Once you have decorated all your spider cookies, leave them to set completely on a wire rack. Store in an airtight container at room temperature and consume within 5 days.