Healthy And Nourishing Low
When youre craving a big, comforting bowl of soup, these low-carb recipes hit the spot. Choose from sippable, creamy soups or chunky, chewable soups you really cant go wrong with either!
- Cabbage Soup: Cabbage soup is about as low carb as they come! A flavorful blend of sliced cabbage, mirepoix vegetables, diced tomatoes, vegetable broth, and herbs gently simmers on the stove.
- Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Soup: This creamy soup is a cinch to make and loaded with peppery, garlicky, and smoky flavors.
- Cucumber Melon Gazpacho: Summer days calls for a big bowl of cooling gazpacho! But there is honeydew in this, so just be aware of the portioning if youre on a super low-carb diet.
Instant Pot Keto Orange Chicken
Do you love Orange Chicken? Me too!
But unfortunately, Orange Chicken doesnt love you back. Thats because its usually loaded with brown sugar, a No-No on a keto diet.
This Orange Chicken tastes just as good as Chinese takeout But without all the carbs.
And it takes only 30 minutes to make. So, its just as convenient.
To save time, you need to use an Instant Pot. This is the instant pot I use.
Making it is pretty easy. Just place all your sauce ingredients in a bowl and whisk well.
Next, heat up your Instant Pot and add some oil. Saute your chicken in batches until lightly browned.
Then place all your ingredients in your Instant Pot, and cook for 3 minutes on the manual setting. Finally, release the pressure naturally for 10 minutes. Easy, peasy.
Serve with cauliflower fried rice.
Lemon Dill Air Fryer Salmon
Love your seafood? Heres another dish for you.
This salmon is simple yet tasty. The dill and lemon juice freshen up the dish.
And its ready in under 20 minutes. So, its perfect for when you need dinner in 1, 2, 3.
Besides being yummy, salmon is good for you too. Its rich in heart-healthy omega-3s.
And it contains potassium. So, feast on that salmon.
To make this dish, youll be using an air fryer. It offers a healthier alternative to deep-frying.
And it makes your food crispy on the outside yet moist on the inside. If you dont have an air fryer yet, you can get a high-quality one here.
Serve with some air fryer zucchini fries. Yum!
Recommended Reading: Old Fashioned Ham Salad Recipe
Grilled Shrimp & Vegetable Skewers With Chimichurri Sauce
Summer is the perfect time for lazing on the deck. And firing up the grill.
Now hamburgers and hot dogs are good, and all. But sometimes you want something healthier.
These skewers are a great option. The shrimp is juicy and full of flavor.
Thats because you marinate it in a homemade chimichurri sauce. So, it adds savory, sweet, and tangy flavors.
The zucchini, red onions, and bell peppers add freshness and nutrition.
This dish feeds 8 people. Thus, its perfect for feeding a large crowd.
Avocado Waldorf Chicken Salad
Avocado serves as a fiber-rich alternative to mayo in this take on a Waldorf chicken salad. To reduce the carbs even further for instance, to make it keto-friendly you can exclude the apple and grapes.
If you dont have fajita seasoning, combine chili, garlic, and onion powders.
Recommended Reading: Dill Dip Recipe With Beau Monde
Keto Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes
Cauliflower isnt just an excellent substitute for rice, but potatoes, too!
Cauliflower mash is just as rich, creamy, and buttery as regular mashed potatoes, but a lot more wholesome.
The best part? It only requires 5 simple ingredients.
Heres another taco-riffic low-carb treat!
Hollowed-out tomatoes are filled with taco-seasoned ground beef, browned onions, and just a little bit of rice.
Its hearty, nutritious, and insanely delicious. Those vibrant colors make it Insta-worthy, to boot. You couldnt ask for more.
Just like keto pizza, this chicken pot pie uses fathead dough for its crust. Im telling you, if you havent tried it yet, do it today! You wont regret it.
Apart from the sensational crust, the filling is also pretty amazing.
Theres chicken, heavy cream, cheese, peas, and a bunch of aromatic herbs and flavorful seasonings. This is home-cooking at its best!
Zucchini, basil, and tomatoes: these are pretty much all you need to make this sensational noodle caprese.
Those, and an easy-peasy pesto made of olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, and nuts.
It may be simple, but its mind-blowingly delicious.
Who doesnt love meatballs, am I right? Add a cheesy butter sauce to the mix and they become even more to die for!
This rich sauce goes well with cauliflower rice or veggie noodles. What a fantastic meal!
The best part? Its low-carb and keto-friendly. Its everything you can ask for in a dish!
How can anyone resist?
Who Should Not Do A Low
A low-carb diet is safe for almost everyone.8 Rapid weight loss or dramatic changes in blood sugar, however, may require extra support and knowledge for people in three specific situations:
- Taking medication for diabetes: If you take insulin or other diabetes medications, learn more
- Taking blood pressure medication? Learn more
- Breastfeeding? If you are nursing a baby, learn more
This diet plan is for adults with health issues, including obesity, that could benefit from a low-carb diet.
Read Also: Nutritional Value Of My Recipe
Low Carb Bread & Dessert Recipes
- Easy Keto Bread: This recipe is dairy-free, yeast-free, and not at all eggy! This Easy Keto Bread Recipe is so close to the real thing, youll think youre dreaming. It may just have a secret ingredient that will have you questioning everything you thought you knew about keto baking.
- Healthy Banana Oatmeal Cookies: Healthy, delicious, moist, and chewy, these Banana Oatmeal Cookies are ones thatll fly off the plate! This cookie recipe uses just 3 ingredients: ripe bananas, oats, and chocolate chips. Theyre perfect for snacking or on-the-go breakfast!
- Gluten-Free, Paleo, and Keto Sandwich Bread with Yeast: You can certainly count on this recipe to provide gluten-free and keto bread with yeast. Its extra soft, fluffy, and incredibly delicious. The best parts? The killer crumb and the use of fewer eggs.
- Low Carb Cream Cheese Cookies: Cream cheese anyone?! With just 6 ingredients, 10 minutes of prep, and 15 minutes in the oven, these low-carb keto cream cheese cookies are fast and easy to make!
- The Best Keto Cheesecake: Who doesnt love cheesecake?! With this recipe, you wont have to miss out on a normal cheesecake. There really isnt much difference the only thing is to replace is the sweetener to make it sugar-free, and the crust to make it gluten-free. Done!
Best Low Carb Recipes That Are Easy To Make: Sriracha Shrimp Recipe & More
- 1lbraw shrimpthawed
- Whisk together sriracha sauce, honey, garlic, soy sauce and vinegar in a mixing bowl.
- Add shrimp and half of the marinade into a zip-lock bag to marinate.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add oil. Once hot, add shrimp in a single layer.
- Add the rest of the sauce. Stir fry 3-4 minutes until pink and opaque .
- Remove shrimp from heat. Garnish with green onions. Serve and enjoy!
Also Check: Crepe Recipe With Oat Milk
Crispy Baked Chicken Skin
If you are looking for a crunchy and salty no-carb snack or appetizer recipe, this is the recipe for you! These extra crispy chicken skins are a perfect no-carb chip replacement. When following a no-carb diet, you may find yourself without many easy snack options, but we’re sure that you will love munching on these chicken skins!
To ensure the chicken skins are properly prepared, be sure to follow the recipe instructions exactly, and we’d also suggest taking a few minutes to read the entire blog post to learn the exact way to cook the chicken skins so they do not shrivel up.
Per serving: 130 calories, 3.5g fat, 0g net carbs, 23g protein
Get the recipe from Keto Connect.
Other Low Carb Recipes
- Sriracha Shrimp: Sweet, spicy, and packed full of flavor, Sriracha Shrimp will have nonseafood lovers become lovers. Its better and healthier than Applebees sriracha shrimp.
- Low Carb Breakfast Egg Muffins: Packed with protein and definitely perfect for those busy school or work mornings, these low-carb breakfast egg muffins are easy to make ahead for a healthy breakfast on the go. If you really want to get creative, add a few veggies in there to make it more filling.
- Low Carb Turkey Taco Skillet: Super easy and full of Mexican flavors, this is the perfect weeknight meal. This low-carb turkey taco skillet uses just a few ingredients. Plus, theres a video tutorial here thatll walk you through the whole thing!
Also Check: Hershey S Mores Bar Recipe
Keto Cajun Shrimp & Cheesy Cauliflower Grits
Love Southern food? This dish is for you.
You have juicy, spicy shrimp and cheese topped grits. Its so tasty, youll be kicking up your cowboy boots.
Use cauliflower rice for your grits to keep it low carb. Besides being low carb, cauliflower rice is quite nutritious.
Its a good source of Vitamin C. It also contains folate, which you need for healthy DNA.
What I love most about this recipe is that it takes only 25 minutes to make. Thus, youll be in and out of the kitchen in no time at all.
Low Carb Chicken Nuggets
Using an easy breading mixture and an air fryer, you can make healthy, low carb chicken nuggets to rival those from your favorite restaurant.
Also Check: Cream Cheese Dip Recipes For Crackers
Low Carb Ground Beef Recipes
- Keto Chili: Loaded with ground beef and full of chili flavor, this keto chili recipe satisfying all of your flavor cravings. Prepare this one for your carb-loving friends and family and theyll devour it! Its seriously just the best chili ever!
- Low Carb Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole: With only 2 net carbs per serving, this low-carb bacon cheeseburger casserole is the low-carb recipe you need in your life. Packed full of cheese and bacon, its both filling and delicious!
- Ground Beef and Cauliflower Rice Casserole: Cauliflower rice can get a bad rap, but with this Ground Beef and Cauliflower Rice Casserole, youll quickly fall in love with it. Its packed with fresh spinach, beef, cheese, and cauliflower rice. Its a low-carb meal the whole family will love.
Helpful Tips For Cooking And Meal Preparation
Eating low-carb, high-fat includes getting back to wholesome, real, minimally food. Some have even called it vintage eating. If you like to cook, youll find delicious meals below to make for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Not so sure about doing a lot of cooking? Here are some helpful tips to make it easier:
Read Also: Jimmy Dean Sausage Balls Recipe With Bisquick
Baked Bacon Cheese Butternut Squash
Chunks of butternut squash are topped with bacon and cheese and baked to golden perfection.
Its sweet, nutty, and oozing with cheesy goodness! The bacon adds such a lovely smoky flavor, to boot.
This stir fry features chicken breast and asparagus flavored with lemon, garlic, and ginger.
I love how simple ingredients create the most fantastic dishes.
The combination of tangy, spicy, and distinctive garlic flavor makes this stir-fry extra spectacular. dish!
+ Best Low Carb Recipes
These insanely delicious low-carb recipes are anything but boring! From hearty soups, to flaky fish, savory kabobs and loaded breakfast casseroles, these healthy recipes will fuel your low-carb life.
If youre just starting a low carb or keto-friendly diet, dont get discouraged by what you cant eat. Instead, think about all the delicious wholesome ingredients you can eat! And yes, Im talking about all sorts of meats, seafoods, and a rainbow of vegetables to choose from.
The key here is to get creative with ingredient combinations, and have fun with zesty spices and zingy marinades to uplevel your meals. Below, Ill give you the guidance you need to build those low-carb essentials, plus Ill share few exciting meals that will add some fun to your weekly rotation!
Also Check: Best Keto Recipes For Weight Loss
What Are Some Great Low Carb And Weight
When cooking low carb meals that are weight loss friendly, you want to stick to things that are as simple as possible. Some dinner ideas include shredded chicken, shrimp, ground beef with turkey, and even some bunless cheeseburgers. The idea truly is to stay away from breads or more specifically anything high in carbs.
Roasted Paprika Turkey Wings
Made with only four simple ingredients, these turkey wings may be free from carbs, but they are not lacking in flavor! Coated in olive oil and paprika, these wings are delicious and so easy to make! If youre looking for no-carb recipes that require less than an hour of cooking, these Roasted Paprika Turkey Wings are the recipe for you!
Per serving: 780 calories, 50g fat, 0g net carbs, 76g protein
Get the recipe from Step Away from the Carbs.
You May Like: Low Carb Juice Cleanse Recipes
Whats The Difference Between Complex And Simple Carbohydrates
A food chemical structure can determine how fast your body digest foods.
Simple carbohydrates are simply the carbohydrate or mostly, for example, refined sugar is 100% sugar. These simple carbs can lead to more spikes in blood sugar they also provide little to no nutrition health benefits to your diet.
On the other hand, complex carbohydrates contain vitamins, minerals, and fiber, which help slow digestion. This results in fewer blood sugar spikes and adds a range of nutritional health benefits to your diet.
Healthy Sheet Pan Shrimp And Greens
This healthy protein-packed shrimp dinner starts with an towering mound of kale that wilts while it roasts. Grapeseed oil is a great neutral alternative to flavor-packed olive oil, which could compete with the flavor of the sweet and spicy curry shrimp.
Get the Recipe: Healthy Sheet Pan Shrimp and Greens
Don’t Miss: Mac And Cheese Dinner Recipes
Best Low Carb Chicken Recipes For Weight Loss
- Low Carb Chicken Fajita Casserole: Its flavorful, cheesy, and packed full of protein. Plus, you cant go wrong with this easy weeknight dinner especially when its gluten-free and perfect for keto.
- 15 Minute Keto Garlic Chicken: Cooked in one pan with broccoli and spinach, this keto garlic chicken is cheesy and full of flavors. You can make it in under 15 minutes. Serve it up with some zoodles for a complete low carb meal.
- Low Carb Shredded Chicken Breasts: This Sous Vide Shredded Chicken is perfectly juicy and flavorful. Its cooked precisely at the right temperature in the sour vide machine. Its probably the easiest way to cook chicken for shredding. Great for tacos, sandwiches, soups, and salads.
- Low Carb Taco Soup: This Low carb taco soup is quick, keto, and ready in less than 30 minutes. Its loaded with spicy Mexican flavors, and you can cook this in a slow cooker as well.
- Low Carb Chicken Mushroom Soup: Made with hearty chunks of chicken and a silky broth, this Low Carb Chicken Mushroom Soup is a fantastic keto recipe. It perfectly blends chicken, vegetables, herbs, and cheese. Its light, lean, and totally addictive!
The Best Recipes To Cut Back On Carbs
21. Instant-Pot Chinese Sesame Chicken: Eat this versatile chicken with a side of veggies for dinner, and simply reheat the next day for a salad or lettuce wrap.
22. Healthy Breakfast Egg Muffins: Easy egg breakfast for dinner? We say, yass please.
23. Keto Cheese-Stuffed Meatballs: It’s amazing how far a little almond meal and zucchini can go in place of bread and well, more bread. This recipe is quick, low-carb, and oh-so-filling for the weeknight dinner win.
24. Smashed Brussels Sprouts: Get your share of delicious veggies smothered mozzarella and parmesan and achieve ketosis without the lingering hunger.
25. Lemon Miso Spring Green Soup: For a very healthy reset opt for a veggie-packed soup. This spring medley is as delicious as it is nutritious, quick, and low in carbs.
26. Keto Cheese Ball: Eating for one? This low carb recipe is the perfect answer to a light dinner that’s as good as a baked potato. And if you get peckish later, check out one of these low carb snacks.
27. Brown-Butter Salmon with Capers and Tomatoes: Simple, clean, and SO tasty! Opt for quick sautéed wild salmon with just a few basic ingredients and enjoy BIG time flavor.
28. Bang Bang Cauliflower: Who needs potatoes when cauli will do the trick instead! This straightforward dish works great for dinner or as a side dish you choose.
This article has been updated from a previous post published in June 2019.
Read Also: Keto Protein Bars Recipe No Bake