Do You Have To Use Golden Grahams
You dont have to use golden graham cereal. However, golden grahams provides the most classic flavor of traditional smores. You could also break up graham crackers into small pieces and use those instead.
Other ideas to try include: Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Chex Cereal and Cheerios. Just keep in mind that using these will change the flavor.
What Are S’mores Cookie Bars
I’ve seen s’mores bars made by replacing some flour with crushed graham crackers or using marshmallow fluff in place of marshmallows. But this version of s’mores bars starts out with a buttery graham cracker crust on the bottom, which is topped with a cookie dough-type batter that is loaded with chocolate and marshmallows.
After baking that for a bit in the oven, you pull out the bars and top them with more marshmallows and Hershey’s squares before throwing them back in the oven to finish cooking.
Oh, and I sprinkled them with a handful of chocolate chips after taking them out of the oven just for the sake of prettier photographs, but I’m probably going to do it every time from now on.
Looking for a last minute treat for your 4th of July party? Look no further.
You probably already have everything you need for these in your pantry, even the Hershey bars. Like magic. C’mon – we all have a stash of chocolate somewhere around the house, right?
Paul has taken these to work multiple times and always comes home with requests for the recipe. One of the partners he worked for even told him that this was the best dessert he has ever eaten.
I got the same comment recently from a bunch of teenagers when I took them to a church youth event. Which is quite a testament to the power of these addicting little bars.
Then you will see you didn’t slice perfectly straight and have to have another slice just to even things up. And so on. Consider yourself warned.
How To Make Smores Cookie Bars
Recommended Reading: Old Fashioned Hot Toddy Recipe
Ingredients In Smores Cookie Bars
- Butter – we use unsalted butter. If you want to use salted butter, you can reduce the salt in the recipe by ¼ teaspoon.
- Sugar – regular white, granulated sugar.
- Brown Sugar – we use light brown sugar for this recipe because it has a nice balance of molasses flavor.
- Baking Powder – this helps to give the bars a little lift.
- Flour – we use all-purpose flour.
- Graham Crackers – any brand will work.
- Chocolate Chips – you can use mini or regular size.
- – we use mini marshmallows. If you prefer Marshmallow Fluff, you can see our directions below for how to make these Smores Cookie Bars with that instead.
- Hersheys Chocolate Bars – this is classic. You can always use a different brand of milk chocolate, or else substitute extra chocolate chips. Its a good idea to place the broken apart chocolate pieces in the freezer for a few minutes before putting them on top of the hot cookie bar pan so that they hold their shape.
How To Makes Smores Bars:
Read Also: Dessert Recipes For Type 2 Diabetes
Hersheys Chocolate Smores Bars Recipe
- 1/4cupHershey’s natural unsweetened cocoa powder
- 8Tbsp butter-room temperature
- 1egg + 1 egg yolk
- 2/3cupHershey’s semi-sweet chocolate chips-melted
- 1/2cupHershey’s semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1sleevechocolate graham crackers-more if needed
- 1 1/2cupsminiature marshmallows
- 1Hershey’s milk chocolate candy bar
- 1Hershey’s dark chocolate candy bar
Please Remember To Share Onfacebookand Pin It
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter – softened
- 3/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup unbleached flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
You May Like: Plant Based High Protein Recipes
How To Make Golden Graham Smores Bars:
- First, make sure to reserve 1 cup of marshmallows and one of the Hershey bars. Set this aside because you will use the extra marshmallows later.
- You will need a large saucepan to melt the marshmallows and butter. Melt the butter using low to medium heat. Stir constantly.
- Then remove from the heat and stir in the golden grahams.
- Next, chop the chocolate coarsely into pieces. Mix the chocolate in and combine.
- Mix in half of the saved marshmallows.
- Spray the 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray. Spread the mixture into the pan. Push the mixture around so that it is all the way to the sides.
- Finally, use the reserved Hershey bars and break it into pieces. I cut each piece in half with a knife.
- Sprinkle the remaining cup mini marshmallows and chopped chocolate over the pan. Make sure to slightly press them into the mixture so they stick to the top.
- Now, just allow the pan to cool. Then cut into 12 pieces.
How To Make Easy Smores Bars
To make these smores bars, youll need to begin by making your peanut butter blondie batter. To the blondie batter, you are going to add the classic smore ingredients of graham crackers, chocolate, and marshmallows.
Line a 9×13 baking dish with parchment paper that has been lightly sprayed with nonstick baking spray or has been buttered. Press ½ of the blondie batter into the bottom of the baking dish.
Arrange a single layer of graham crackers on top of the blondie batter.
Top the graham crackers with your chocolate. I used the XL Hersheys bars in milk chocolate. I tested the recipe with chocolate chips, chocolate chunks, and thicker pieces of chocolate and did not like the texture or flavor that it left in these bars. After testing and testing , the entire team agreed that the milk chocolate Hersheys bars were hands down our favorite.
Pour a whole bag of mini marshmallows on top of your chocolate layer.
Then, add the remaining blondie batter in dollops on top of the marshmallows.
Bake your smores bars and then resist the urge to immediately dig in! Youll need to allow your bars to fully cool so that the marshmallows and the chocolate set. I like to bake and then allow to cool overnight.
Using the edges of the parchment, lift your smores bars out of the baking dish and cut into individual pieces. You can cut them as large or as small as you life to serve them. I generally like to cut them into smaller pieces than in the photo so that I have 24 individual pieces.
You May Like: Chicken Alfredo Recipe Using Prego Sauce
How To Make S’mores Bars
1. Make the graham cracker crust. Pulverize a bunch of graham crackers and mix with a little sugar and butter to make a crust. Press into the bottom of a 9×13-inch baking dish and bake for a few minutes until set.
2. Make chocolate chip cookie dough! With marshmallows! Combine butter and sugars in a large mixing bowl and beat until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla and beat again, then mix in flour, baking soda, and salt just until combined. Stir in chocolate chips and marshmallows.
3. Press cookie dough into pan on top of graham cracker crust. Then bake for 18 minutes at 350 degrees F.
4. Top the partially baked bars with more marshmallows and broken up Hershey’s bars. Finish baking for another 9-11 minutes.
5. Try to wait for the bars to cool enough to cut them into squares. It’s not easy. They will smell amazing.
What Makes These The Best S’mores Bars
I have had many different variations of S’mores bars through out the years, but this recipe is the best one by far!
Of course the mini marshmallows and both chocolate chips make this bar what it is, but the Hershey bars give it that extra special touch. There is just something about a half melted Hershey chocolate bar melting in your mouth with each bite!
Recommended Reading: Vegan Gluten Free Recipes Breakfast
My Tips For Making This Smores Bars Recipe
- I prefer to buy a box of graham cracker crumbs for this recipe. No extra dishes needed to crush them. Just measure and dump into the bowl. Of course you can just put some graham crackers into a Ziploc bag and crush them up that way. Or use a food processor.
- Don’t try and substitute the marshmallow cream with mini marshmallows. Trust me, it will not work. The mini marshmallows melt and dissolve during the oven cook time. The marshmallow cream stays intact so you still get that gooey, sticky marshmallow layer.
- It’s much easier to spread the marshmallow cream over whole Hershey bars, versus trying to spread the marshmallow cream over small squares of Hershey bars. So try and keep the chocolate bars full intact as much as possible.
Leftovers Storage And Freezing
Leftovers Leftover smores bars can be stored in an airtight container for up to 5 days. Layer parchment or wax paper in between the bars to keep them from sticking together. I prefer to store them in the fridge for optimal freshness, but you can store at room temperature if youre eating them sooner. Allow the bars to come to room temperature before enjoying.
Freezing You can even freeze these chocolate marshmallow bars! Just place in a freezer-friendly container and freeze for up to 3 months. Layer parchment or wax paper in between the bars to keep them from sticking together. Thaw overnight in the fridge and bring to room temperature before serving.
Recommended Reading: Recipe For Stuffed Green Peppers Without Rice
Tips For Making Smores Bars
- For a twist try adding peanut butter to the bars. Use my peanut butter cookie recipe as a base and layer with marshmallows and chocolate.
- Allow the bars to cool completely before slicing into them. They are very crumbly and hard to slice if you try to cut them when they are still warm.
- For easy cleanup and removal line the baking pan with foil. Make sure to spray the foil with nonstick cooking spray.
Golden Graham Smores Bars Recipe
No bake treats are so easy and this Golden Graham Smores Bar Recipe is one of our favorites. I have whipped these up in minutes and surprised the kids. They didnt last long because everyone absolutely loved them.
Lots of melted chocolate and gooey marshmallows make each bite yummy. These are perfect for parties, after school snacks or just because.
The combination of golden grahams cereal with all of the delicious chocolate and marshmallows make the best treat. We love smores so this is just so fun to make.
You get to enjoy all that you love about smores in one handy treat. It is a fun and delicious snack.
Read Also: Keto Recipes For Weight Loss
Recipe Notes And Tips:
- Clean Cutting Wipe your knife clean and dip in hot water in between cuts to keep the knife from sticking to the marshmallow layer.
- Watch the broiler! Dont take your eyes off the marshmallows when theyre under the broiler. Marshmallows can very quickly go from golden brown to burnt and finally to on fire. Watch closely!
Everyone Will Enjoy These Bars
They are so much better than store bought treats. Not only will you save money but get to enjoy a really tasty snack.
Make these today for a recipe the entire family will love. It is one of our favorites to make.
The ingredient list is simple and the recipe is budget friendly. This is a great recipe to make.
The kids will go crazy over this amazing snack or dessert. Give it a try and surprise the kids with new lunchbox treats.
Don’t Miss: Homemade Almond Milk Ice Cream Recipe
Smores Cookie Bars Recipe
If you love the taste of Smores, but hate the mess, welcome to the recipe that dreams are made of. These Smores Cookie Bars are the chewy, cookie bar version of the nostalgic summer favorite. Theyve got all of the same basic ingredients, like graham crackers, marshmallows and Hersheys bars, just less campfire smoke, and more fire safety.
The texture of these beauties is another thing to love – a little bit chocolate chip cookie, a little bit brownie with gooey melted chocolate and toasty marshmallow. This recipe is sure to become an instant hit at any time of the year.
If you’re looking for more of the best cookie bar recipes, we’ve got you covered.
How To Make Smores Bars With Marshmallow Creme
Read Also: Gluten And Dairy Free Meal Recipes
How To Make Smores Bars:
Why This Recipe Is So Great:
- Only 4 ingredients All you need to make these delicious bars are graham cracker crumbs, butter, Hersheys milk chocolate bars, and mini marshmallows.
- Easy to make Just 4 steps to make this recipe. All you have to do is make each layer then carefully toast the marshmallows in the oven.
- Even better than campfire smores I know this is a bold statement to make because what can be better than campfire smores? These bars, and let me tell you why:
- You dont have to fuss with making a fire.
- You get an even amount of graham cracker, chocolate, and marshmallow in every bite.
- It makes enough to feed a crowd or for leftovers.
Recommended Reading: Simple Salad Recipes For Dinner
News Result For Recipe For Hershey Bar Pie
Giant Rice Krispies Treat KissYour browser indicates if you’ve visited this link
Dear Abby: Recipe for pie is shared by AbbyYour browser indicates if you’ve visited this link
Some variations on a traditional shepherd’s pieYour browser indicates if you’ve visited this link
Flying Saucer Pie CompanyYour browser indicates if you’ve visited this link
Food and DrinkYour browser indicates if you’ve visited this link
KXLY 4 News
I moved from my home in Scotland, UK, to Pennsylvania in the US for four months in 2016.Your browser indicates if you’ve visited this link
Business Insider India
Ice cream best bets on Long IslandYour browser indicates if you’ve visited this link
Chocolate Pretzel Hugs with Red and Green Holiday CandiesYour browser indicates if you’ve visited this link
Food and DrinksYour browser indicates if you’ve visited this link
Which Iconic Food Was Launched the Year You Were Born?Your browser indicates if you’ve visited this link
In the KitchenYour browser indicates if you’ve visited this link
Chatham’s Fine ChocolatesYour browser indicates if you’ve visited this link
Phoenix New Times
Food RecallsYour browser indicates if you’ve visited this link
How To Make Smores Bars
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix graham cracker crumbs, butter and salt.
- Press mixture into pan and bake 10 minutes.
- Top with the 4 cups of the mini marshmallows.
- Bake for 10 more minutes.
- Let cool for 5 minutes to let the marshmallows deflate.
- Add the whole bag of milk chocolate chips in an even layer.
- Top with remaining marshmallows and graham cracker crumbs.
- Bake for 10 more minutes.
- Chill completely before slicing.
Also Check: Easy Recipe For Pork Chops And Sauerkraut