The Best Vegetarian Breakfast Recipes
- Huevos Rancheros. Runny, fried eggs over a bed of seasoned beanshomemade huevos rancheros are a no-brainer vegetarian breakfast.
- Spinach Mushroom Strata. Swiss cheese and buttery mushrooms make this savory, earthy spinach strata recipe your new weekend brunch-at-home favorite.
- Migas. This Tex-Mex classic plays nice with whatever its served withbe it waffles or home fries, hash browns or pancakesand we cannot get enough.
- Caramelized Onion Frittata. Heavy cream helps this vegetarian frittata stay tender, light and bouncy.
- Salsa Verde Baked Eggs. With just two main ingredients, a vegetarian main dish does not get simpler than this satisfying breakfast recipe.
- Tomato, Basil & Caramelized Onion Quiche. With heirloom tomatoes, fresh basil, a shaving of Parmigiano-Reggiano, and onions caramelized to perfection, this is the be-all end-all of quiche recipes.
- Five Onion Tart with Arugula Salad. This sweet little tart makes a wonderful vegetarian meal any time of the day.
Frittata With Potatoes Red Peppers And Spinach
I dont know about you, but Im a huge fan of breakfast for dinner. This frittata has some of my favorite veggies: potatoes, red peppers, and spinach. In this case let the recipe be your guide, and add any vegetable and spice combination youd like. Take the brinner theme all the way and enjoy a glass of OJ with it too.
Easy & Healthy Vegetarian Recipe Favorites
To get you started, heres a few reader favorite vegetarian recipes! Theyre flavorful spins on classic dishes, and easy to whip up on busy weekdays gotta love that!
- Shakshuka: Whether its for breakfast, lunch, or dinner, a pan of warm shakshuka never fails! Plus, it only takes 30 minutes to make.
- Zucchini Noodle Caprese: This chilled veggie pasta is filled with fresh caprese flavors, including a homemade basil pesto sauce that will have your taste buds dancing.
- Curried Egg Salad: Honestly, you cant beat an egg salad for a quick and easy meal. This ones filled with warm curry spices and tastes amazing straight out of the bowl!
- Avocado Egg Salad: Another crowd favorite is this avocado spin on egg salad. Its ultra creamy, refreshing, and filled with healthy fats to keep you full.
- Zucchini Fritters: Come zucchini season, these crisp golden patties are a must! And you can freeze an extra batch for later .
- Cauliflower Rice Tabbouleh: If youre looking to sneak in more veggies, this tabbouleh swaps bulgar for cauliflower rice making it gluten-free, light, and fresh.
- Cauliflower Fried Rice: For a healthy Asian flair, this cauliflower fried rice is a delicious low-carb option that can be whipped up fast!
You May Like: High Protein Vegetarian Slow Cooker Recipes
Roasted Cauliflower And Farro Salad With Feta And Avocado
Easily gluten free and easily vegan
OMG!! I made this salad last night and I do not believe there is a recipe from my vast collection that I enjoyed more. I had never even heard of farro before, but there it was, on the shelf at my favourite grocery store! The soft chewiness of the garlic flavoured farro with the roasted cauliflower, sun dried tomatoes and kalamata olives was divine. The feta and buttery avocado was the perfect finish to a stunning recipe. I cant wait to make it for my friends! Linda
Crunchy Thai Peanut & Quinoa Salad
Gluten free and vegan
Made this for dinner tonight when a friend came over. Even my four-year-old loved it! He is not always into raw veggies, but upon the first bite, exclaimed, I like this! Yeah, I love it! and had a second helping. We did leave the cilantro on the side for him. Will be making this again very soon. Lea
Don’t Miss: Lemonade Diet Recipe 1 Gallon
Vegetarian Dinner Ideas Where Do I Start
Ive been vegetarian for a long time now but I havent forgotten how intimidating it can be to make the leap to a vegetarian diet.
The good thing is that youve found this blog, and we have all kinds of vegetarian recipes for beginners!
The best place to start is by checking out our guide on how to go vegetarian. If that doesnt convince you, you start incorporating the vegetarian dinner recipes below into your meal plans to see how you like them.
You might have heard that its too hard to get all the right nutrients with a vegetarian diet, but theres no need to worry. If you pay attention to your diet and make sure youre eating healthy vegetarian meals, you will have no trouble getting the nutrients you need.
Plus, these quick vegetarian dinner recipes are good for your health they help to reduce the risk of heart disease, diabetes and other illnesses, AND good for the planet
And if you are looking to lose weight, then these dinner recipes would make the perfect addition to our vegetarian weight loss meal plan.
So if youre new to a vegetarian diet, check out these easy vegetarian dinner recipes to get you started. And if youre already a vegetarian , then you already know how delicious a meatless chili sin carne or a vegetarian sloppy joe can be!
Hearty Vegetarian Soups For Dinner
Creamy roasted butternut squash and cauliflower soup has all the fall soup feels and is vegan and gluten-free. Plus, it’s super easy to make the roasted cauliflower and butternut squash in a sheet pan and then puree. Serve it with some quick and easy green onion dinner rolls or skillet dinner rolls.
Instant pot butternut squash soup is the perfect fall dish to cook in your pressure cooker warm, cozy, comforting, and creamy. Make in 15 minutes.
Don’t Miss: Whiskey Punch Recipe Ginger Ale
Spicy Sweet Potato And Green Rice Burrito Bowls
Gluten free and vegan
I made this last night, and my brother-in-law, a devout meat eater, loved it. But more importantly, the vegetarians present loved it. We were all wowed by the combo of textures and flavors: soft, crunchy, hot, cool. The hint of lime in the beans and the seasoned rice were show-stoppers. I am curious to try other flavored rice, but for now, thank you so much for such a wonderful company dish. Juli
Easy Brown Rice Risotto With Mushrooms And Fresh Oregano
Gluten free and easily vegan
This is among the best risotto I have ever eaten. Even my risotto-phobic daughter was sneaking seconds. Ive made it according to the recipes directions, and enjoyed it thoroughly. I have also switched it around and given it a fresh thyme and Sherry flavouring, which was just as delightful. Thank you for such a fabulous recipe. I love when theyre both nutritious and delicious a common combination on C and K. Thank you again. Chelsea
Recommended Reading: Caramel Frappuccino From Starbucks Recipe
Sweet Potatoes With Thai Peanut Butter Sauce
These Thai style baked sweet potatoes are one of our favorite easy vegetarian recipes, because of the big flavor in this simple concept. If you have an Instant Pot, you can use it here to get perfectly cooked, moist sweet potatoes. Or, use our Quick Baked Sweet Potato to roast it in the oven. Accessorize with a fresh, crunchy Thai-style pepper and cabbage slaw and a creamy peanut sauce. Weve heard from many readers and followers that this one is a family favorite!
Cheese Tortellini In Creamy Marinara
Another beyond easy vegetarian recipe: try this cheese tortellini in creamy marinara sauce! In just 15 minutes, youve got a pasta skillet thats a literal symphony of flavor. The fresh basil-infused marinara sauce is perfectly complimented with pillows of tangy goat cheese. This one is a massive hit in our houseand we hope it will be in yours too!
Read Also: Low Carb Low Calorie Diet Recipes
Get The Latest Recipes Right In Your Inbox:
These side dishes can match any main dish with just 10 min prep. Theyre so easy, hearty and packed with flavor!
Say good-bye to those boring veggies with these easy vegetable side dishes, youll want to skip the main entree and make a meal out of these instead!
1. Baked Parmesan Zucchini Crisp, tender zucchini sticks oven-roasted to perfection. Its healthy, nutritious and completely addictive.
2. Baked Parmesan Mushrooms The easiest, most flavorful mushrooms you will ever make, baked with parmesan, thyme and lemon goodness.
3. Garlic Parmesan Roasted Potatoes These buttery garlic potatoes are tossed with Parmesan and roasted to crisp-tender perfection.
4. Baked Green Bean Fries Fries that you can eat guilt-free. And theyre baked to absolute crisp goodness.
5. Honey Glazed Baby Carrots Honey brings in such a pleasant sweetness to these baby carrots in this easy 15-minute side dish.
6. Easy Creamy Mushrooms So easy, so creamy, and just so darn good. Who needs a main dish anyway?
7. Roasted Vegetables The easiest, simplest, and BEST way to roast vegetables perfectly tender, crisp, and packed with tons of flavor.
8. Easy Ranch Baby Carrots Made with homemade Ranch seasoning, and all you need is a single pan. Done and done.
9. Crispy Dijon Smashed Potatoes With a Dijon-herb crust, you just cant go wrong.
10. Easy Creamed Corn Creamed corn should be consumed more often than just once a year, especially when its this easy to make.
Vegetarian Lasagna With Ricotta
Meet the best vegetarian lasagna! The tomato sauce has just the right zing and garlic nuance, and the spinach ricotta cheese filling is classic and creamy. Its scented with fresh thyme and a little lemon zest, which takes it to over the top status. Theres no one who will turn down a piece! At least, who weve met.
Cookie And Kates Best Vegetarian Recipes
After a big weekend, Im looking forward to some fresh and healthy, restorative meals. You, too? Youre in the right place.
Since we have many new visitors here this year , Ive rounded up 29 of the most popular vegetarian main dishes on Cookie and Kate. Keep in mind that all of my recipes are vegetarian, so it wasnt easy to narrow down the list to a reasonable number.
These recipes are for you if youre a vegetarian like me, or youre:
- Trying to eat less meat this year.
- Looking for Meatless Monday recipes.
- Wanting to eat more veggies and whole grains.
- Interested in trying fun and different recipes.
Basically, theyre for everyone! These crowd-pleasing recipes will convince even the most skeptical carnivores that meatless recipes can be delicious and satisfying.
Youll find more popular options in our Reader Favorites category in the sidebar. If youre looking for something particular, try hovering over All Recipes in the menu bar and youll find many more categories to explore. Or for an overview of our most recipe recipes, click View All.
For more favorite recipes, check out my cookbook, Love Real Food, which has over 100 recipes . In no particular order, here are the 29 best vegetarian recipes according to readers.
Sweet Potato Black Bean Enchiladas
Heres an incredible vegetarian recipe thats impressive every time: these Sweet Potato and Black Bean Enchiladas! This fan favorite always gets top marks from readers. Tender sweet potatoes are the perfect contrast to savory black beans and tangy salsa verde. Top it off with Colby cheese, its the best gooey comfort food around. This one will please everyone: we guarantee it.
You May Like: Chicken And Rice Recipe With Cream Of Chicken Soup
Grilled Cheese And Tomato Soup
Whats more homey than a bright bowl of tomato soup and a grilled cheese? This vegetarian classic hits the spot in any season. Make up a steaming bowl of homemade tomato soup flavored with tangy fire-roasted tomatoes, and a gooey gourmet grilled cheese with a hint of smoked gouda. Plus, we’ve got a few tips for making it for a crowd .
Roasted Cauliflower And Mushroom Bolognese
This vegetarian bolognese hits the jackpot with roasted mushrooms and cauliflower. Its a magnificent you-wont-miss-the-meat pasta sauce that will have you going back for seconds and thirds. My little secret is doubling the bolognese and freezing it for laterso next time youll have dinner on the table in mere minutes.
Don’t Miss: Bloody Mary Dry Spice Mix Recipe
+ Easy Healthy Vegetable Side Dish Recipes
This collection of 20+ easy, healthy vegetable side dish recipes will help elevate any meal! Each of these recipes uses simple ingredients that pack in a TON of flavour + nutrition benefits. Everything is vegetarian + gluten-free, with many vegan options.
Looking for some easy vegetable side dishes to serve at your next family gathering or weeknight dinner? Youve come to the right place!
Ive rounded up 20+ healthy vegetable side dish recipes from my website for you below. Each of these dishes use minimal ingredients that pack in a TON of flavour think lots of toasted nuts, fresh herbs, spices, simple sauces, and sprinkles of cheese.
As a dietitian, I hope to show you that eating vegetables can be tasty and fun! Theres no boring or bland vegetables around here I promise.
All of these recipes are vegetarian and gluten-free, with many vegan options available.
Theres something for everyone plant-based eaters, meat-eaters, and picky eaters alike. Id love to know which ones you end up making
Lets get cooking!
And there you have it 20+ Easy, Healthy Vegetable Side Dish Recipes to enjoy at your next family gathering or weeknight dinner. I so hope you found some inspiration from this list!
Easy Chickpea Salad Sandwich
Why is finding healthy and easy vegetarian lunch recipes so hard? Over here we like to eat extremely simple at breakfast and lunch, so that we can spend our time and energy on dinner recipes. So heres one of our favorite easy lunch tricks ever: is this chickpea salad sandwich! Its basically a vegetarian chicken salad sandwich, but uses chickpeas instead of chicken. Its so tasty, its become one of our most popular chickpea recipes.
Recommended Reading: Gluten Free Ezekiel Bread Recipe
Korean Spicy Cold Noodles
This traditional Korean noodle dish is made with buckwheat noodles, carrots, cucumber, and Asian pear. A spicy chili sauce to ties it all together. This is a super customizable dishyou can use whatever combination and assortment of veg you have on hand. And, if buckwheat noodles arent available feel free to use somen noodles, Korean wheat noodles, arrowroot noodles, or sweet potato starch noodles.
Roasted Butternut Squash With Sage
The Spruce / Diana Rattray
This roasted butternut squash is a snap to fix. Just toss cubes with olive oil, sage, and optional onions and roast. The onions add a nice flavor, but they can be left out. Or you might try this colorful recipe for roasted Brussels sprouts and butternut squash with cranberries and pecans.
Honey, butter, and brown sugar bring out the natural sweetness in these cooked baby carrots, and lemon juice balances the flavors perfectly.
These nicely seasoned carrots are quick and easy to prepare, and they make a great side dish for a big family meal or holiday dinner.
Continue to 5 of 42 below.
Recommended Reading: Healthy Grocery List And Recipes
Creamy Colorful Vegetarian Soups
Chunky soups are great, but these velvety smooth ones are so easy to whip up in a blender! Made with a rainbow of delicious root vegetables, these vibrant soups will look stunning on the dinner table.
- Roasted Butternut Squash Soup: Roasted butternut squash blends into a smoky, sweet, and caramelized soup. Its utterly delicious, and should always be on your Fall menu.
- Sweet Potato Soup: If you love sweet potato recipes as much as I do, this naturally creamy soup is not one to miss.
- Roasted Cauliflower Soup: It may sound bland, but dont underestimate it. This is one tasty low-carb soup thats extra garlicky.
- Beet Soup: Whats not to love about this soup? Its packed with nutrients, has hints of fresh ginger and garlic, and I mean look at that gorgeous red hue.
- Carrot Ginger Soup: Carrots and ginger serve as the perfect spicy, sweet, and savory combination.
- Cream Of Celery Soup: Who knew celery soup could be so good? All you need are celery, leek, onions, stock, and coconut milk to make it extra creamy.
Easy And Delicious Veg Recipes For Dinner
Published: by Sina · This post may contain affiliate links ·
Are you looking for veg recipes for dinner? Then look no further! Weve got you covered with 20 delicious, healthy, and simple recipes that are perfect for the whole family. All of the recipes are vegan and many are gluten-free as well.
Making vegan recipes is so much easier than many people think! My blog is all about easy vegan dinner recipes the whole family loves. This is another great collection of simple vegan recipes that will even convince meat-eaters! Vegetables are the star in these recipes!
- summer rolls with mango, mint, cucumber and peanut dipping sauce
- vegan tacos with pinto beans, tomatoes, and avocado
- a few vegan Mexican recipes
- vegetable lo mein
- vegan jambalaya with beans
- delicious vegan pasta recipes
- vegan potato gratin
Lets get started with all the delicious veg recipes!
As always, click on the heading above each photo to see the recipe.
Read Also: Lime Water And Ginger For Weight Loss Recipe
Thai Pineapple Fried Rice
Gluten free and easily vegan
This was amazing! It came together really quickly and had the perfect balance of flavours and textures. I love how the juicy, caramelized pineapple blends with the sriracha and soy. Kate, your recipes are so detailed and easy to make. My only complaint is that I didnt stumble upon your site sooner I can tell that Im going to be making a lot of your recipes over the coming weeks and that Im going to find a lot of favourites to put in my rotation. Sarah