Milk And Honey Smoothie
Make use of the celery in your produce drawer with this blended juice, which combines it with almond milk, cucumber, and grapes for a sip-worthy snack.
In a blender, combine 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk, 1 medium Kirby cucumber , 1 cup seedless green grapes, 2 medium stalks celery , and 1 Tbsp honey. Blend until the mixture is smooth, serves 2.
Nutrition : 124 calories, 2 g fat , 2 g protein, 26 g carbs , 21 g sugars
Healthy Banana Smoothie Without Milk Health Benefits:
I know the color of this vegan chia banana smoothie might not be the prettiest, but its packed with healthy ingredients and its so delicious!
- Instead of sugar, I added dates, which are like natures candy.
- Bananas contain fiber as well as antioxidants. Theyre also rich in potassium.
- And lets not forget about the chia seeds. Over the last few years, chia seeds have become a popular superfood.
Soaked Cashews Or Nut Butter
Peanut butter, almond butter, or soaked cashews may be relatively high in calories, but theyre good for you, so who cares.
Besides, they add such a lovely nutty flavor to your smoothie, the calories are worth it.
Alrighty, now that thats out of the way, lets finally have a look at these 12 no-banana smoothies!
You May Like: Best Fruit Smoothie Recipes For Weight Loss
How To Thicken A Smoothie
I love a good smoothie that has a milkshake-like texture. Here are 3 tricks to make sure your smoothie turns out nice & thick:
You can also add ice to help thicken a smoothie, but keep in mind that the ice will dilute the flavor. This peanut butter banana smoothie is so delicious as written, you wont want to change the taste!
Variations For A Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
Not only is a smoothie a fantastic vehicle for nutritious food during the day, but is also very adaptable to your liking. Here are easy variations for this recipe:
- Chocolate. Thinking of having a chocolate peanut butter banana smoothie to stave off the temptation of a less healthy dessert? Add a few teaspoons of cocoa powder or a scoop of chocolate protein powder, and this very well may replace your favorite milkshake.
- Protein Powder. This peanut butter banana smoothie has protein because of the peanut butter and Greek yogurt. But if you need an extra boost in your banana smoothie after a workout, add a ½ to 1 scoop of your favorite protein powder .
- Bowl Style. For a new twist, try a peanut butter banana smoothie bowl. Add extra banana or ice to thicken it further, then serve it in a bowl with toppings, such as granola, banana slices, or blueberries, and a drizzle of additional peanut butter.
Read Also: Whiskey Punch Recipe Ginger Ale
How To Make A Smoothie Thicker Without Bananas
There are many ways to thicken up your smoothies without bananas. Along with the avocado I mentioned are these yummy replacements:
- Silken tofu doesnt change the flavor too much but does make a smoothie nice and creamy
- If you are making a meal replacement smoothie, add quinoa to the blender with your other ingredients
- Try adding your favorite nut butter for a thicker smoothie and a deliciously nutty taste
- Protein powders can add a healthy punch and add a bit of consistency to a smoothie
- Coconut meat can be bought frozen and thickens your smoothie with a coconut-y taste
- Freeze almond milk into ice cubes and add them to the blender
- Pitted dates add sweetness and thickness to smoothies
Ill give you 10 ways to make banana free smoothies below. Just remember, when making smoothies, almost anything goes, as long as you like the final taste!
Is A Banana Smoothie Good For You
We love this frozen banana smoothie because its delicious, but there are so many things to love about it!
- High Protein This recipe has nonfat greek yogurt and protein powder, giving it 20g+ of protein per smoothie!
- Easy to Make You only need 5 simple ingredients to make this recipe, and its as easy as adding to a blender and turning it on!
- Easy to Customize There are tons of ways you can customize this recipe depending on what you have on hand!
Read Also: Recipe For S Mores Bars
Are Peanut Butter & Banana Good For You
Peanut Butter and banana are a classic combination, and with good reason. Not only do their flavors compliment each other well, they also have some potential health benefits!
- Bananas are a good source of fiber, so they are filling while being relatively low in calories. Bananas are also a good source of potassium, which is essential for kidney function, and may help to lower blood pressure and the risk of heart disease.
- Peanut Butter is about 25% protein, so it contributes 8 grams of protein to this dairy-free smoothie. Peanut butter is a good source of monounsaturated fats, antioxidants, as well as nutrients like magnesium, folate, and vitamin E.
If you dont mind your drink turning green in color, try adding a handful of fresh spinach to this peanut butter banana smoothie. It wont change the flavor at all, but youll get even more nutrients into your day!
Chocolate Almond Butter Berry Smoothie
Chocolate, almond butter, and berries: talk about starting things with a bang! From flavor to nutrition to star quality, this smoothie has it all.
A combination of milk, cocoa powder, almond butter, honey, and your choice of berries, this smoothie is the perfect blend.
Youd think the flavors would clash with one another, but they dont. They create a beautiful symphony of flavors instead.
Don’t Miss: Beef Stew Meat Recipes Crock Pot
Smoothie Recipes Without Yogurt To Refresh You This Summer
Today I share my favorite smoothie recipes without yogurt. Who loves smoothies? Raise your hand! Who loves yogurt with their smoothies? Not me.
I do love smoothies, especially in the morning. Next to water and tea, its what I usually consume when I wake up. I love that its nutritious and refreshing and healthy.
You might also like these 30 BEST SUMMER SALAD RECIPES.
The first best thing you can love about smoothies is how you can make it into a lot of variations of your favorite fruits. You can add greens too, like kale for a unique taste.
If you are not the veggie-eating kind of a person but wanted to be healthy at the same time, why not make a smoothie with veggies in them. Because its so rich and smooth, you wont even notice or taste the vegetables at all.
Secondly, its so easy to make and flexible. You can make it from the most basic ingredients or lavish it with ice cream and protein powder.
I add low-fat milk most of the time and also tried adding coconut water or fruit juices for added booze. Mixing in yogurt is just not my cup of tea. So each time I make smoothies, I do them sans yogurt.
But dont get me wrong. I like yogurt, just not with smoothies. Yogurt is in fact good. Its a good source of calcium, protein, Vitamin D, and probiotics that are good for your digestive system.
The fruits in these recipes are available whole year round at your local groceries.
Peaches And Cream Oatmeal Smoothie
No time for a leisurely meal? Try this grab-and-go, probiotic-rich take on morning oatmeal. Whole-grain oats contain prebiotic fiber that promotes gut health.
This recipe from Preventions Smoothies & Juicesmakes two smoothies: Blend 1/2 cup whole milk, 1/2 cup Greek yogurt, 1/2 cup rolled oats, 1 cup frozen peaches, 1/2 frozen banana, and 1/2 cup ice until smooth.
Nutrition : 217 calories, 5.5 g fat , 11 g protein, 33 g carbs , 15 g sugars
You May Like: Meals On A Tight Budget Recipes
What Makes This Strawberry Banana Smoothie Healthy
Healthy looks different for everyone, but this smoothie is relatively healthy compared to lots of other options out there!
First of all its dairy free , made with real fruit, and made with no artificial ANYTHING gums, fillers, flavors, or sweeteners.
On top of that strawberries are rich in Vitamin C, antioxidants, fiber, and essential minerals. Bananas sometimes get a bad reputation but they actually contain many important nutrients! They are a good source of potassium, Vitamin C, antioxidants, and phytonutrients.
And both bananas and strawberries are prebiotic foods which is a food that provides food for the good bacteria in your gut or probiotics.
Additionally, because this smoothie is lower in sugar its perfect for kiddos and toddlers. And so creamy it honestly could pass as a strawberry milkshake for the little ones
Health Benefits Of Bananas
There are a ton of health benefits of eating bananas, making it a great fruit to include in your diet. They contain a ton of nutrients such as vitamin B, vitamin C, magnesium, and much more.
If you want to see how to make this banana yogurt smoothie, then be sure to check out the video below. It is super short and straight to the point. Alternatively, there is a written recipe that you can print out.
Don’t Miss: Splenda Brown Sugar Blend Recipes
Banana Almond Protein Smoothie
Creamy almond butter offers healthy fats, while coconut water helps restore electrolytes after a tough workout. Greek yogurt and a scoop of whey keep the protein content high.
In a blender, add 1/2 cup coconut water, 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt, 3 Tbsp. almond butter, 1 scoop whey protein powder, 1 Tbsp. hemp seeds, 1 frozen banana, 1 cup ice. Process until smooth, serves 2.
Nutrition : 329 calories, 17 g fat, 21 g protein, 26 g carbs , 15 g sugars
Why Youll Love This Banana Smoothie Recipe
- It will give you energy and fill you up without making you feel sluggish.
- Its very kid-friendly.
- You need only four simple ingredients and five minutes to make this banana smoothie.
- Its a good way to use up extra ripe bananas.
- This banana smoothie is endlessly customizable to add more protein, fiber and other nutrients. See more banana smoothie ideas below!
Also Check: New York Times Recipe Box
Bananas Are The Secret To Making Your Banana Smoothie With Yogurt Naturally Sweet:
- Bananas are regularly used to recipes in place of sugar. Use a banana that is really ripe. A banana with brown spots is far sweeter than a banana that is under ripe. Many buy bananas just to let them ripen and freeze for things like banana nice cream and smoothies.
- Bananas are filled with potassium, vitamin B-6 , fiber and they are an excellent after workout snack. In fact, this yogurt smoothie is a great post workout smoothie if youre looking to recover. Add in a little bit of peanut butter for even more protein if needed.
- Brown bananas are easier to digest for those who get bloated after eating a banana we suggest consuming them once theyre fully ripe.
This recipe can be made in any blender, but we find that we get the best results with our Vitamix orBlendtec high speed blenders. Our yogurt smoothie is so quick and easy to make and a great breakfast addition. This something we make when we want something sweet while still keeping it healthy.
You can simply add in any other fruits youd like in your smoothie. For this, we wanted to keep it simple and we love the flavor of banana shining. Its a great breakfast smoothie or even a dessert smoothie if you consider bananas dessert worthy, we do!
When we make our banana smoothie we always use a good quality vanilla extract! The flavor of your vanilla will definitely impact the flavor of your smoothie if it has an artificial taste.
Is It Healthy To Have A Smoothie For Breakfast
Smoothies can make a healthy breakfast if you have a good balance of ingredients and nutrientsincluding protein, carbs, and healthy fats. Smoothies that heavily rely on veggies over fruit instantly cut down on sugar and increase the fiber content. You also want to avoid adding a lot of fruit juice and sweeteners, like syrups and honey, to limit the sweet stuff. Adding yogurt and protein powder helps make smoothies more filling, so youll stay satisfied longer. Just be sure to choose powders that have little to no added sugar and have zero artificial ingredients.
The liquid bases you use in your smoothie also play a big role. Skip fruit juices, which are packed with sugar and lack protein and fat, and go for low-fat milk or an unsweetened, non-dairy milk alternative, like almond, coconut, or cashew. Some non-dairy milks have less protein than cows milk, but they offer healthy fats to keep you satiated.
Recommended Reading: Philadelphia Cream Cheese Banana Bread Recipe
The Best Banana Smoothie With Yogurt So Good And So Easy To Make
You can use frozen or fresh bananas. When the weather is cooler well just do fresh bananas, but when its warmer out we love to enjoy it with frozen for an icy cold treat, we may even add more bananas to make it extra creamy, just note that there will be more sugar content for the more bananas you add. You could also freeze your yogurt/kefir to make it creamier.
By making food at home you not only control the quality but also control what goes into the final product. Not many people realize that even those organic and all natural smoothie drinks can contain as much if not more sugar than a can of soda. We use a reusable silicone bag to freeze our overripe bananas, overripe is perfect for smoothies, nice creams, and smoothie bowls, not just baking.
While this smoothie contains sugar, its all real fruit and a nominal amount is from Kefir or greek yogurt.
Easy Strawberry Banana Smoothie
All you need is 2 ingredients for the easiest, best strawberry banana smoothie recipe! Its so deliciously simple, youll find yourself making it on repeat.
Heres a smoothie recipe thats almost impossibly simple: this Strawberry Banana Smoothie! All you need is 2 ingredients, plus ice and water. Thats right: two ingredients! Its not often that our recipes are this easythough we do believe in keeping all things pretty simple. Blend up bananas and frozen strawberries and youve impossibly got the perfect smoothie texture and flavor: its creamy, sweet and fruity, with just enough banana essence. No yogurt, milk or sweetener needed! Its truly remarkable. In fact, we might give up our Perfect Strawberry Smoothie in favor of this one.
You May Like: Recipes For People Who Hate Cooking
Daily Fruit Goal In The Form Of Smoothies
We all should make a schedule for daily eating of fruits. Maybe you think it is difficult. But it becomes easier when you will do it in the form of smoothies. We want to eat or drink those food items that look beautiful as well.
Moreover, the trick to drink all kinds of smoothies happily is the blending quality. The smooth texture urges everyone to drink. The smoothies without blender are not too smooth. Another best trick is that when you made the smoothie, top it with fresh fruits. After making it, immediate drinking will provide you the maximum taste.
Can You Use Overripe Bananas
I dont know about you, but when I have overripe bananas on my counter, my first thought is that its time to make Coconut Flour Banana Bread.
If your bananas arent totally black and mushy, its fine to use them in smoothies.
Remember, the flavor of the banana will transfer to your smoothie, so you want to make sure the flavor of the bananas are still appealing to you. Bananas with lots of brown spots are perfect for smoothies, but if the skin is getting borderline-black in color, Id use them for baking instead.
Recommended Reading: Campbell Soup Chicken Dinner Recipes
Top 10 Healthy Banana Substitutes For Smoothies
My friends, the possibilities for making smoothies are endless! Healthy smoothies are beneficial in that they provide tons of nutritional value in a grab n go format that you can take anywhere!
After I mix my smoothies up in the blender, I like to pour the finished product into a mason jar, pop in a reusable straw, and enjoy!
Why You Should Make This Banana Smoothie
Ive made a version of this easy banana smoothie recipe more times than I can count. Its perfect on its own and is the best base recipe for adding more ingredients like fruit, nut butter, and veggies.
Here are a few more reasons we love it:
- You need less than 5 minutes to make it.
- You can use fresh or frozen bananas.
- Its easy to adapt to what you have in the kitchen.
- This smoothie is perfect for breakfast or a snack.
- Kids love it!
- You can even make the smoothie ahead of time, freeze it, and save it for later.
Don’t Miss: Jordan’s Skinny Syrups Keto Recipes