Healthy Strawberry Banana Smoothie
The best strawberry banana smoothie recipe is easy to make in less than five minutes. It’s healthy and made with yogurt so it’s full of protein – the perfect snack or breakfast!
Is there any other smoothie flavor more classic than a Strawberry Banana Smoothie?!
All of my memories of strolling through the mall in my tween-teen years involved shopping with a creamy Strawberry Banana Smoothie in one hand and my purse in the other. It was like I couldn’t possibly buy that Bath and Bodyworks lip balm if I wasn’t simultaneously sipping on a sweet fruity treat!
Well, I can only imagine what those mall smoothie places put in their creations , so I set out to create a healthy Strawberry Banana Smoothie that tastes just as good than those smoothies I knew and loved as a kid…and let me tell you I totally accomplished that goal!
This is seriously the BEST strawberry banana smoothie recipe ever! It’s so easy to make and comes together in under 5 minutes! Plus it’s healthy, using only a touch of honey as the sweetener and it’s loaded with whole fruits! It’s also made with yogurt, giving it a nice dose of protein and making it irresistibly creamy!
Have I convinced you yet that this Strawberry Banana Smoothie is 110% the perfect most delicious smoothie to enjoy for breakfast or a snack?!
What To Put In A Smoothie
Any number of great things can be put into a smoothie! Thats why they are so popular! The trick is creating the right ratio of vegetables & fruit so your creation is not only good for you, but tasty too !
The best thing about a smoothie is that its really easy to make your own!
- Milk: Cows milk, almond, rice, hemp, coconut the skys the limit!
- Juice: Lots of juices like apple, orange or grape can add a little sweetness and change up the flavor of this strawberry banana smoothie recipe.
- Yogurt: Greek yogurt or regular work. If youre using unsweetened yogurt, you might like to add a squeeze of honey to sweeten it.
- Just for Fun: Add in your favorites like chocolate syrup, almonds or peanut butter!
- Ice: If you use fruit that is not frozen, youll want to add some ice to give it a frosty chill.
Strawberry Banana Smoothie: Ingredients & Substitutions
Let’s chat about the ingredients in this recipe, as well as possible substitutions.
Fresh vs. Frozen Fruit
I personally love my smoothies super thick and flavorful, so I always choose to use frozen fruit. I do not want to dilute the flavor by using ice to achieve a thick consistency, and I’m not interested in a liquidy smoothie that just tastes like flavored milk!
However, you can choose to use either depending on your preferences! I always recommend using frozen bananas for coldness and thickness, but if you’d prefer a thinner smoothie then use fresh strawberries instead of frozen in this Strawberry Banana Smoothie recipe!
Also Check: New York Times Lasagna Recipe
How To Make A Strawberry Banana Smoothie At Home
If you are in need of a strawberry banana smoothie thats nutritious and delicious, youre in luck.
Making a healthy smoothie at home is super simple, and this way you can control the taste and ingredients blended into your morning concoction.
Sometimes premade smoothies, like those from smoothie shops, are high in added sugars, a sugar that does not come naturally from the fruits and other ingredients.
Making your smoothies at home is the best way to ensure they are low in total grams of sugar and dont turn into the equivalent of a milkshake.
The joy of this recipe is that you use the banana smoothie base and add in any of your favorite fresh fruits you dont always have to use strawberries.
Making homemade smoothies is a great way to ensure your smoothie stays nutritious and budget-friendly.
Also, this simple strawberry smoothie recipe is a great way to get the kids involved in the kitchen.
The best part about this strawberry smoothie recipe is that it is very filling, so its perfect for breakfast or a post-workout snack.
Now, how do you build a healthy, simple smoothie? This recipe starts with
fresh strawberries or frozen, bananas, a liquid like milk, Greek yogurt, and nut butter.
How Do I Make A Strawberry Banana Smoothie
For the best results, youll want to add the ingredients to the blender in this order:
Then blend away, slowly ramping up to full speed! When the smoothie looks silky, take a taste test and decide if you want to add any sweetener. If you do, add the honey or maple syrup and blend for a few more seconds. If not, pour and enjoy!
You May Like: Healthy Snacks For Preschoolers Recipes
Why Is This The Best Strawberry And Banana Smoothie
We love this strawberry banana smoothie because its delicious, but there are so many things to love about it!
- High Protein This recipe has nonfat greek yogurt and protein powder, giving it 20g+ of protein per smoothie!
- Easy to Make You only need 5 simple ingredients to make this recipe, and its as easy as adding to a blender and turning it on!
- Easy to Customize There are tons of ways you can customize this recipe depending on what you have on hand!
How To Make It Plant Based / Vegan
You can make this strawberry smoothie plant-based or vegan by doing the following:
- Make our strawberry banana smoothie. Try our Strawberry Banana Smoothie: its vegan and uses only 2 ingredients!
- Substitute non-dairy milk AND vegan yogurt or ½ banana for the yogurt. We like using oat milk or almond milk. Oat milk is usually a little sweeter and creamier so we tend to like that a little more. You could also try coconut milk, which adds a nice coconut essence, or soy milk. Then for the yogurt, use vegan yogurt or another ½ banana.
Don’t Miss: Vegan Recipes From Around The World
The Macronutrient Breakdown Of Strawberry Banana Smoothies
Each smoothie has different ingredients that provide carbohydrates, protein, and healthy fats. The list below gives examples of ingredients in these categories.
Carbohydrates: All fruit and oatmeal.
Protein: Milk, yogurt, almonds, almond butter, cashews, chia, flaxseed
Healthy fat: Nuts, nut butter, coconut
With healthy ingredients and a 5 minute prep time, get blending today. Try a new strawberry banana smoothie recipe every day of the week.
Did you like this post? Then lets be social. FOLLOW ME on and to keep up with the latest tutorials, favorite recipes and interesting happenings.
Is There A Way To Pack More Nutrition Into This Smoothie
This recipe makes a simple strawberry banana smoothie, but you can add whatever seeds, powders, or greens that youd like! For this one, I might add fresh spinach and flax seeds.
If you find a combination of mix-ins that you really like, you can freeze them as booster packs for super fast smoothie-making.
You May Like: Veg Soup Recipes For Weight Loss
Only Have Fresh Fruit
If you only have fresh fruit, then you have a couple of options.
Favorite Strawberry Banana Smoothie
I think we can all agree that you can never go wrong in making a smoothie! Whether its for a snack, breakfast, lunch, or dinner they are easy, quick and always delicious.
For the longest time, weve always enjoyed the strawberry and banana combo and wanted to share with you today our favorite strawberry banana smoothie recipe. Not only is it beyond simple but it has just 4 ingredients .
Easy, quick, delicious We are quite certain youll love it just as much as we do!
Don’t Miss: Recipe For S Mores Bars
Peanut Butter Banana Strawberry Smoothie Recipe
This smoothie is just like eating your favorite peanut butter, jelly, and banana sandwich. It makes a great afternoon snack. The grapes and strawberry combination taste as sweet as jelly.
This recipe yields 20 oz. . This is enough for 2 servings. Each 10 ounce serving has approximately 280 calories, 11 grams of protein, 4 grams of fiber, and 31 grams of carbohydrates.
Smoothie Ingredients:Add in the following order.
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ cup rolled oats
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- If using fresh fruit, add 1 cup ice
My Favorite Ingredients For Smoothies
I like to mix things up on the smoothie front by switching up the ingredients. For this Strawberry Banana Smoothie I used the following ingredients:
- Greek Yogurt
Thats it! And I used the frozen strawberries because it adds a frosty creaminess to the smoothie thats simply amazing.almost like dessert! Frozen fruit allows you to skip the addition of ice but if you want to make it even thicker then certainly throw in a few ice cubes to the mix to add bulk to the smoothie.
Don’t Miss: Kidney Friendly Recipes For Dinner
More Drinks To Sip On
Whether it is a quick breakfast or a fancy meal, the drink can make all the difference. Drinks can quench your thirst, warm you up or just help you unwind. Remarkably simple to make and full of flavor, drinks are just so fun to make and drink. Here are a few favorite, tried, and true drink recipes to try the next time you need something for a special occasion.
Strawberry Banana Smoothie Ingredients
So you ask, how to make a strawberry banana smoothie? Its as simple as blending all the ingredients until smooth, then adding a little more milk as needed to reach a texture to your liking. Its that easy! Youll need:
- Strawberries: Fresh of frozen work here. You can also substitute blueberries or blackberries!
- Banana: Again, use fresh or frozen. I like to pre-chop and freeze soon-to-go-bad bananas and store them in my freezer for smoothies. It ensures I never throw away rotten bananas and makes smoothies instantly frostier!
- Milk: You can use cows or dairy-free milk . Alternatively, you can make these Strawberry Banana Smoothies without milk and use apple or orange juice instead.
For the best possible smoothie, make sure at least one of your fruits is frozen!
Also Check: Low Carb Juice Cleanse Recipes
Its A Banana And Strawberry Smoothie That Not Only Tastes Great But Is Good For You
Given that this strawberry and banana shake is mostly fruit, its packed full of nutrients that are good for you. We all know the benefits of eating more fruit, and this shake is a great way to get in your 5 a day, and in a way that tastes great and is enjoyable!
Whats more, as this is a strawberry banana smoothie with yogurt, you can use a yogurt that has cultures in it to help with any digestive issues you may have.
So while this is the best-tasting strawberry and banana smoothie, its also good for you, and thats just great!
My Strawberry Banana Smoothie Tips
- Dont use all frozen fruit. If you were to use both frozen strawberries and a frozen banana, youre likely to end up with a super thick texture more similar to my Strawberry Frozen Yogurt recipe. So instead, use fresh strawberries and a frozen banana. If you only have frozen strawberries, let them thaw before using.
- Dont add any sugar. Its crazy that some recipes call for a sweetener with a full fruit smoothie. Mother nature has given us plenty of sweetness in the strawberries and banana so theres no need to add extra sugar.
- Make it with dairy or dairy-free. You can make this strawberry banana smoothie with dairy or dairy-free/vegan. Ive got recipes for both homemade yogurt and a dairy-free coconut yogurt. You can also use regular milk or my cashew milk or any healthy store-bought dairy-free milk or yogurt options as well.
- Dont add ice. Using a frozen banana in the recipe keeps the drink cold, but it doesnt water it down. Adding ice to smoothies makes them watery pretty quickly.
You May Like: Easy South Beach Diet Recipes
What To Serve With A Strawberry Banana Smoothie:
Pair this smoothie with other satisfying breakfast options such as:
- A muffin
You can also make it a strawberry banana smoothie bowl by pouring the thick, creamy smoothie in a large bowl and topping the bowl with slices of fresh banana, fresh berries, granola, nuts and seeds. Eat it with a spoon, rather than sipping it through a straw! If you have a very high powered blender , you can reduce the milk to ¼ cup and have an ultra-thick smoothie bowl that’s perfect for a spoon.
This recipe yields enough for two substantial servings. Each serving of banana strawberry smoothie includes 146 calories, 2 grams of fat, 27 grams of carbohydrates and 7.5 grams of protein. You get the vitamins and minerals from the two different kinds of fruit, the fiber from the fruit, and the protein and calcium from the yogurt and milk.
The Best Strawberry Smoothie Recipe
Yes, this is the best strawberry smoothie in the history of the world. Made with only 3 ingredients, 2 of them being frozen strawberries and banana this refreshing simple smoothie is healthy, easy to make and just delicious. Its even better than a strawberry shake. Im not lying.
Right now, Im addicted to this. Its sweet, fresh, tastes like a dessert without being overly sweetYou know that sweetness that gives you a hole in your tooth right away? Not that kind of sweetness. Its a natural, refreshing sweetness that makes you feel good and smile.
This quick smoothie is perfect for a snack, whenever you need a little pick me up. I often make it when I need something sweet and I dont want to poison myself. And, if your child is old enough to have milk give them a sip too. Or use breastmilk. OMG, this would totally work. Probably. I dont know dont do it. Do whatever you want.
Recommended Reading: Award Winning Turkey Chili Recipe
Strawberry Banana Smoothie Swaps And Substitutions
The great thing about smoothies is that you can add or switch out ingredients to make it your own. Here are some variations you can try:
- Make this smoothie dairy-free by using dairy-free yogurt and non-dairy milk such as almond or oat milk.
- You can leave out the yogurt all together.
- Use vanilla or strawberry yogurt for a sweeter smoothie. Alternatively, add up to 1 tablespoon of honey for added sweetness.
- Swap up to half of the milk for orange juice.
- Add up to 2 tablespoons of peanut or almond butter. Combined with the strawberries, it tastes like a PB& J smoothie.
- Add 2 teaspoons of chia seeds.
Best Easy Healthy Strawberry Banana Smoothie Recipe With Yogurt
This delicious easy and healthy strawberry and banana smoothie recipe with yogurt and chocolate will become your go-to recipe when you want a fresh, fruity treat!
Ah, the good old strawberry banana smoothie. This may be one of the most popular smoothies out there. And rightly so! Theres just something about the mix of the flavours that makes this taste so good and feel so healthy.
Its also really hard to mess up a banana strawberry smoothie. If you prefer strawberries, add more of them. If you prefer bananas, add more of them. Its really, really simple.
But what I have here is what I believe to be the best easy healthy strawberry banana smoothie recipe with yogurt, that will become your go-to recipe of choice when you want that strawberry and banana flavour!
Also Check: Tom Collins Recipe With Sweet And Sour Mix
Top Results For Strawberry Banana Og Strain
Strawberry OG Weed Strain Information | Leafly
Copy the link and share
Strawberry Banana Aka Strawnana Weed Strain Review
Copy the link and share
Strawberry Banana Marijuana Strain
Copy the link and share
Strawberry Banana Marijuana Seeds – Order Strawberry …
Copy the link and share
Growing Together: Strawberry Banana Grape Strain Review …
Copy the link and share
Strawberry Banana Lemonade OG – Constellation Cannabis
Copy the link and share
How To Thicken A Smoothie
There isnt just one right smoothie thickness. I personally like thick smoothies, but my kids like their smoothies a thinner consistency.
Thinning a smoothie is easy. Just add more liquid or yogurt. But thickening a smoothie without changing the flavor too much can be a bit tricky.
It can be frustrating to blend up a smoothie that is too thin for your liking. Here are the best ways I know how to thicken a smoothie .
- Add a vegetable. Spinach and kale are my favorite vegetables to add to a smoothie. Some other ideas in order of most mild tasting, include celery, cauliflower, cucumber, and carrot. Avocado will also thicken it and add a creamy factor.
- Scoop in some protein powder. I add a scoop of vegan protein powder to virtually every smoothie recipe I make.
- Sprinkle in seeds. Flaxseed and chia seed are known for their thickening properties. Or try hemp, sesame, or sunflower seeds.
- Toss in some nuts. Cashews and almonds are my favorite, but try peanuts, pecans, and walnuts. Be warned, walnuts add a little bitterness to the smoothie so add them carefully.
- Try a nut butter. Peanut butter isnt the only option. Almond butter, cashew butter, sunflower butter, and macadamia nut butter will thicken as well.
- Add a grain. Use grains that are cooked before adding to the smoothie. Rolled oats is the exception. Some grain ideas are oatmeal , rice, millet, and quinoa.
Don’t Miss: Best Keto Slow Cooker Recipes