Sheet Pan Sausage And Eggs
Nutrition: 290 Calories, 21 grams fat, 6 grams carbohydrates and 20 grams of protein.
If you are looking for a quick and easy meal prep recipe for your breakfast that is both keto and easy to prepare, you’re in luck, because this recipe was made exactly for you. Use this as a blueprint for any frittata-like breakfast option – change the toppings each week to avoid meal prep burnout!
Ketogenic Meal Plan Recipes
- 1 tbsp. fresh oregano
Categories: Meal Plans
Basic Keto Staple Ingredients
It might sound a bit sneaky, but were not counting the most basic staple items, such as seasonings and olive oil, as ingredients in these recipes. If youre like us, you already have many of these products waiting in your refrigerator or pantry.
Keeping this in mind, with these recipes, youll likely only need to buy five or less fresh ingredients, such as meat, eggs, dairy, and veggies and then, youll be able to get cooking.
Another tip is to stock your pantry with canned goods, such as tinned tomatoes and tuna. These are great convenience items. Also, make sure to fill your freezer with budget-friendly low-carb vegetables and meats like ground beef, chicken, and fish so you dont have to shop as often. That way, youll be able to make a broad variety of recipes any time, at the drop of a hat.
If you are into keto, you are likely a fan of butter especially since its more or less a staple item in every keto household. And so, with these recipes, well also count on you having a stash of butter or ghee at home.
Read Also: Vanilla Whey Protein Powder Recipes
How Does The Diet Plan Work
When you are on a low carb diet, you are a ketogenic body. Your body will be utilizing your fat for fuel. Since you are burning body fat for fuel, it will produce ketone bodies. If you would follow this diet plan strictly, your body will go into the ketogenic state in about 5 days. You might even lose about 5 pounds right now.
Why You Should Trust Us
Every meal delivery service on our list has been reviewed by registered dietitians and vetted to ensure that it aligns with Healthlines brand integrity standards and approach to well-being. Each service in this article:
- is in compliance with the USDA and FDA food safety and manufacturing regulations
- uses a trusted shipper to handle its food products
- lists all ingredients, allergens, and nutrition facts on the its website or product packaging
- promotes a healthy approach to well-being
- does not make unsupported health claims on its website or marketing materials
- Price per serving: $7.99$18.99
- Shipping: $14.99 or free over $150
- Keto-friendly options per week: 30+
- Additional menus: low carb
- Serving sizes available: single-serving meals sides, snacks, and desserts may contain multiple servings
- Ingredient quality: grass-fed beef, pastured pork, cage-free eggs, responsibly sourced seafood
518 Kitchen tops this list because of its wealth of keto-friendly and low carb meal options, which dont require a subscription.
Meals are made with all gluten-free ingredients, and the companys website states that each batch is tested for signs of cross-contamination.
In addition to being a good option for people following a keto or gluten-free diet, the service is ideal if youre short on time. The single-serving meals arrive frozen and ready to heat and eat.
Some examples of popular meals are Chicken Pot Pie, Steak Chili, and Shrimp with Alfredo Sauce.
- Calories: 570
- Calories: 550
Things To Keep In Mind Before Going Keto
- Give yourself time to adjust to this diet. Feeling sick soon after the starting the diet is normal and refereed to as the “keto flu.” This usually goes away after a few days, but it can be understandably worrisome. If your symptoms persist, consider speaking to your health care provider.
- Track your macros with an app. If you’re worried about staying on track and keeping your nutrition in check, it might be helpful to get a keto-friendly diet app such as MyPlate to make sure you’re hitting your macro goals.
- You can’t stray. To be fully immersed in keto and have it work correctly, there is no cheating allowed. This type of diet plan doesn’t allow you to fall off the bandwagon and start back up again tomorrow. Once your body gets into ketosis, it needs to stay there to work effectively for weight loss.
- The keto diet isn’t very restaurant-friendly. Be prepared to pack your own food with you and let your friends and family know about your new diet to avoid feeling out of place when you need a bite.
- It can be expensive. Although keto is a fat-heavy diet, it’s also higher in animal proteins â and that means shelling out more money at the grocery store. Buy in bulk when you can to save some cash.
People with pancreatic, thyroid, liver or gallbladder issues, or those with a history of eating disorders, should not try the keto diet, the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics cautions. Speak to your doctor or a registered dietitian to make sure the keto diet is right for you.
Keto Meal Plan Frequently Asked Questions
What exactly is a ketogenic diet?
The ketogenic diet is based on a metabolic process called ketosis, which happens when your body does not have enough glucose for energy, so it burns fat instead.During ketosis, chemical molecules called ketones are produced in the liver when fat is burned, and they are sent into your bloodstream to be used as fuel for the brain, muscles, and tissues. The keto diet deliberately reduces carbohydrate intake to encourage the body to burn fat instead.
Ideal Macros for a Ketogenic Diet
The keto diet is a low-carb, moderate-protein, and high-fat plan, which usually breaks down into the following daily percentages: 60 to 75% of calories from fat 15 to 30% of calories from protein 5 to 10% of calories from carbs
What do you eat during the first week of Keto?
Meat, vegetables, cheese, nuts, and other dairy products are a great way to get started. Limit fruits to 2x day.
What fruits can you eat on keto?
Fruits are naturally high in sugars, so they should be eaten sparingly. Some fruits are lower in natural sugars and are easier to fit into your macros. Generally, berries such as strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, and raspberries are a good option when you’re living a low carb lifestyle.
How long does it take to start losing weight on keto?
The first week is mainly water loss. But the more you have to lose, the faster you will lose. If you only have a little to lose, it may take a few weeks to start seeing real weight loss.
Recommended Reading: Old Fashioned Recipe Jim Beam
Guacatillo Chicken Salad Wrap Recipe
Nutrition: 330 Calories, 21 grams fat, 11 grams carbohydrates, and 28 grams protein.
Guacatillo is a bright creamy sauce that coats proteins incredibly well. These salad wraps are incredibly tasty and simple to make. Use this recipe as a base for a solid keto chicken salad, adding any extra toppings as desired! Lets dive into it.
What Is Keto Diet
The keto diet focuses on eating foods that are low in carbohydrates and high in fat. It is very similar to the Atkins diet, but doesnt not allow for as much protein. By eating a diet low in carbs and high in fat you are able to put your body into a metabolic state called ketosis. To properly follow the keto diet, you need to educate yourself on which foods are keto diet friendly and plan on making meals at home. Its almost impossible to eat out at restaurants on the keto diet because they use sugar and starches in almost everything. Meal prep while on the keto diet is a must, so make sure to check on all of my keto diet meal plan ideas to get you inspired.
Recommended Reading: Protein Shake Recipes For Weight Loss Without Powder
I Dont Like A Recipe In The Plan Can I Use A Different One
Of course! We have a library of over 700 keto recipes on the website. You can swap out any meal that has similar macros, or build upon a meal to get to the needed macros for that specific meal. While not every recipe is a complete meal, you can add low-carb vegetables in to supplement your micronutrient intake.
How To Meal Prep For Keto
Prepping your own food can make sticking to your keto carb goals way easier, but it also requires some serious time and dedication in the kitchen. And we all know, the harder something is to stick to, the less likely we are to be successful.
Whether you are a seasoned home cook or just starting your meal prep journey, there are steps anyone can take to save time, money, and avoid meal prep burnout. Making the whole process more enjoyable and easier to stick with – meaning you cultivate better habits in the long run!
1. Choose Recipes for Batch or Bulk Cooking and Shop with a Plan
Before you even get in the kitchen, decide what recipes you would like to prepare or have an idea of what keto-friendly foods you plan on purchasing from the grocery store.
Two of the best ways to approach meal prep include batch cooking complete recipes or bulk prep ingredients.
You can choose to meal prep whatever you’d like, but ultimately both of these methods can help you save time and money on meal prep while also sharpening up your chef skills in the kitchen.
Prepare ahead of time and make a grocery list before heading to the store, be sure to make note of ingredients you already have in your pantry and could use first.
2. Mise en Place then Plan a Specific Day to Prepare/Cook and Portion
3. Invest in Quality Meal Prep Containers
You May Like: Mexico Chiquito Cheese Dip Recipe
How To Choose The Best Keto Meal Delivery Service
When choosing a keto meal delivery service, there are several important questions to ask, including:
- Is it keto-friendly? The most important consideration in choosing a keto meal delivery service is whether it offers keto-friendly options. Many meal delivery services offer paleo or low carb options, but these are not necessarily low enough in carbs to suit a keto diet.
- How many keto options are available? While some services offer a dedicated keto menu with multiple options to choose from, others simply offer a few keto-friendly recipes each week. Which one to choose depends on how important variety is to you.
- Does it fit your budget? Its important to find a service that is available in your area and suits your budget. These services range drastically in price, from $6 per serving to $15 or more per serving.
- Does it require a subscription? If you need flexibility, consider choosing a service that doesnt require a subscription.
- Does it accommodate other dietary or ingredient preferences? Check whether the service can accommodate your dietary preferences and whether the ingredient quality is up to your standards. Many options on our list use high quality meats and some organic produce.
High quality foods include grass-fed beef, free-range chicken, cage-free eggs, and sustainably sourced seafood.
Week 1 Weekly Macro Averages
Cauliflower Pizza Casserole
Its important to note that we do use meat and dairy in our recipes. The bulk of the meal plan is based on an average ketogenic diet that most people would follow. If you dont eat meat, you can still do keto but it will be a bit more challenging. You will rely on plant-based protein and added fats to get to your goal macros. You can see some examples of our vegetarian and vegan keto recipes at the end of this article!
Recommended Reading: Hot Apple Cider Drink Recipe
Printable Keto Diet Meal Plan
First and foremost, lets look at what a keto diet actually is. We have great tips on how to get started on a ketogenic diet, but you may want a fast refresher. A keto diet is simply one that focuses on eating more protein and fats while strictly limiting your carbohydrate intake. As you use our printable for your meals, youll see most of these recipes are highly focused on protein with moderate to high fats. What you wont find are potatoes, rice, beans, and other starchy foods.
Low Carb Oatmeal Recipe
Nutrition: 450 Calories, 32 grams fat, 9 grams carbohydrates, and 19 grams protein.
Preparing low-carb and gluten-free oatmeal is simple, swap out the starchy oats for keto-friendly nuts and seeds! We’ve crafted this oatmeal substitute recipe with hemp seeds, flax seeds, and chia seeds cooked in coconut milk and flavored with vanilla and cinnamon.
Read Also: Better Than Bouillon Vegetable Base Recipes
What To Bear In Mind When Producing Your Ketogenic Meal Plan
If you choose to try the keto diet, you will have to restrict food sources given that about 60 to 80 percent of your calories will originate from fat. This implies you will consume meats, fats, and oils, and a minimal quantity of nonstarchy veggies. You will need to consume approx. 64 g of protein each day. Whereas, your carbohydrates will originate from 20 to 50 grams of carbs. You must adjust below your individual needs.
Simply one serving of blueberries typically pushes ketogenic dieters out of ketosis. This can result in them burning carbohydrates for fuel and is a very easy way to reset the metabolic clock.
How To Find Your Daily Calorie Need
We all have different calorie needs. Your daily calorie need depends on your size, fitness level, daily activity, gender, etc. When you are creating a healthy ketogenic meal plan, your first step should therefore always be to calculate your calorie equilibrium, or how many calories you need each day to maintain your current weight.
You can learn exactly how to find you calorie equilibrium with 5 easy steps in this post: How to Find Your Daily Calorie Need.
Once you know your calorie equilibrium, you can adjust your daily calories up or down to meet your goals. If your goal is to lose weight, I recommend that you eat 300- 500 calories less than your equilibrium each day . This should lead to a steady and healthy weight loss.If you want to gain muscle, start out by adding in 300-500 calories more than your equilibrium each day and see what happens. If you find that you are also putting on a little too much fat, decrease your calories slightly.
Don’t Miss: Whiskey Sour Recipe With Simple Syrup
I Dont Eat Dairy/nightshades/ Can I Still Use This Meal Plan
You can still follow keto if you want to avoid certain foods or have allergies to certain foods. Make sure to search the website for more information.
When cutting out dairy, it has shown to improve weight loss and typically help people get past a stall if they encounter while following their meal plan. This guide to dairy-free keto will help you cut out dairy and give some replacement ideas .
Simple Keto Chile Recipe
Nutrition: 440 Calories, 25 grams fat, 11 grams carbohydrates, and 36 grams of protein.
Classic chili recipes are usually bean-heavy, and unfortunately, beans are starchy vegetables that are not so keto-friendly. To make a simple low-carb chili recipe, drop the beans and purchase more meat than you would normally. You can also mix in some low-carbohydrate vegetables such as cauliflower, zucchini, or cabbage!
Don’t Miss: Campbell’s Cream Of Chicken Soup Pot Pie Recipe
Three Ways To Lose It
Hire me as your Health Coach. I have a few spots on my calendar open and Id love to work with you one on one! Find out about my Rebellious Keto Coaching Program here.
If you want to take control and do all it yourself, Ive created a food list for you that you can download for free as well as this 30-day meal plan that includes keto diet recipes for breakfast lunch and dinner. And snacks!:)
Oh, and you can find over 500 yes, 500 keto meal ideas and recipes here for free. Boom.