Chicken Pot Pie With Campbells Oven Sauces
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
I made a meal with Campbells® Sauces as part of a sponsored post for Socialstars. #CampbellsSauces
The holidays are now behind us and its full steam ahead, next thing we know it will be spring and summer again! I feel like each year just speeds up even more. As we are now in the dead of winter, a few things happen in our home. First, I feel like hibernating and no longer want to leave my home, and then secondly, my family wants hot meals ALL winter long.
My husband works as a truck driver and makes deliveries so hes out in the cold during the day and by the time he gets home all he really wants is a warm hot meal straight from the oven. Sometimes though, dinnertime is a hectic time in our household and I just do not have time to make a meal completely from scratch. That is where Campbells® Oven Sauces come to my rescue.
Last month, I shared about the Campbells® Skillet Sauces and the Chicken Marsala. This time we made Chicken Pot Pie with the Campbells® Oven Sauces. To make this dish, I simply had to add in the chicken breast, frozen veggies, and potatoes. I decided to use frozen sweet potatoes that I found at the store as opposed to white potatoes. My family enjoyed the flavor of the sweet potatoes paired with the rest of the mixed veggies. Then, we topped it off with a biscuit on top.
What Is The Cabbage Soup Diet And Are There Health Benefits
Like many other cruciferous vegetables , cabbage is chock-full of vitamins and minerals. In fact, a single cup of cooked cabbage contains more than half the daily recommended intake of vitamin C. Not to mention, a cup of cabbage is just 35 calories, which, when combined with its low carb and sugar content, makes the nutritional veggie the ideal diet staple.
Enter the somewhat infamous cabbage soup diet. Taking place over the course of a week, this diet restricts diners to meals of cabbage soup, fruit, vegetables, brown rice and chicken. It’s an excellent option for those who’d like to shed a few pounds quickly, though it may be necessary to supplement the diet with an easily digestible multivitamin. While cooked cabbage soup does provide some life-sustaining vitamins, minerals and macronutrients you know, protein and carbohydrates it’s not the most wholesome option, hence the need for supplements.
Some of the best vegetables to add to your cabbage and water concoction include kale, collard greens, onions, carrots, and tomatoes. In terms of herbs and spices, a little basil, rosemary, sea salt, black pepper, garlic, and turmeric go a long way. And, luckily, we’ve rounded up two all-star options, both of which double as cabbage soup diet-friendly recipes and some of the plain best cabbage-centric recipes around.
Tips For Making The Best Chicken Pot Pie
- Instead of just one, you can also double the crust such that your pie has one on top and one at the bottom. It will give your pie an additional layer of bread that will soak up the sauce nicely. Double the crust, double the goodness!
- To save time, you can always use a store-bought crust. Guilty as charged.
- Make your pie even richer and more delectable by adding ¾ cup of cheddar cheese. Its amazing how one ingredient can transform an entire meal!
- For an even heartier filling, add some cubed potatoes. Save yourself the trouble of slicing by using frozen country-style hash browns. Adding corn, celery, and broccoli also gives the pie an excellent flavor.
- Make the sauce even more flavorful by adding some cooked onion, garlic powder, parsley, rosemary, thyme, Italian herbs, salt, and pepper. These common pantry seasonings make for an out-of-this-world gravy!
- People normally use leftover chicken for their chicken pot pie, but if do not have any, you can use shredded rotisserie chicken instead. Plus, its an easy way to save time.
- Just because the recipe has chicken in its name does not mean you should only limit yourself to that protein. You can use leftover turkey to make this dish, as well!
- Speaking of modifications, here is a great way to give your pie an earthy flavor: add some mushrooms to the filling!
- Brush the top crust with some egg wash for a golden brown pie.
Recommended Reading: Easy Low Fat Dinner Recipes For Family
Easy Homemade Chicken Pot Pie
This homemade chicken pot pie is the ultimate comfort food! Packed with juicy chicken, vegetables, a creamy sauce and topped with a flaky, golden pie crust.
Best of all the entire meal can be prepped in just 10 minutes! After that, simply pop it in the oven and youve got classic comfort food for the whole family.
Want to save this recipe? Enter your email below and we’ll send the recipe straight to your inbox!
Instant Pot Cabbage Soup
First, you’ll need an Instant Pot, like the Instant Pot Duo Evo Plus Pressure Cooker, which can be used for nearly a dozen different culinary applications, from pressure cooking a delicious cabbage soup to making rice and yogurt. You can even use this handy device to bake foods or saute and steam various veggies. That’s a lot of power and usage from one tiny device.
Once you’re all set up, we recommend following this delicious recipe from Dinner Then Dessert. Not only does this Instant Pot-friendly recipe reduce the total preparation time, it also makes the cooking process a cinch. All you really need to do to enjoy this dish is gather your ingredients, chop them up, throw them into your Instant Pot, shut the lid, set the timer and wait. Honestly, that neat six-step process is difficult to beat.
The ingredients you’ll need for this recipe are nearly identical to those you’d need for the classic option above. However, one notable difference is the addition of thyme, an aromatic evergreen herb with a slightly minty taste. Kind of ironic when you’re saving so much time with this recipe
More From ConsumerSearch.com
Also Check: Halloween Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
The Best Fall Comfort Foods
This easy chicken pot pie recipe is one I keep handy for days where time seems to pass faster than I realize and need to get dinner started quickly.
Can You Freeze Chicken Pot Pie
This question comes up a lot and the answer is yes! The best way to achieve this is to prepare your chicken pot pie up to the point before baking.
and place in the freezer for up to 1 month.
Freezing Tip: On top of the foil, write baking time and temperature in sharpie marker and the date you froze your dish.
before baking. Place frozen pie on a sheet pan and bake for 20-30 minutes longer than fresh bake.
Be sure the center is bubbling and crust is baked before removing.
Also Check: Nature’s Recipe Salmon Sweet Potato And Pumpkin
Mix Chicken Soup And Thawed Veggies And Mix Together In A Pie Pan
Campbells chicken pot pie recipe bisquick. Bake 30 minutes or until golden. It just takes a few smart shortcuts: Do not make the bisquick ahead of.
Step 2 stir the soup, milk, chicken and vegetables in a medium bowl. Once mixed, pour over vegetables it the pie pan. I make this with a caesar salad and dinner is done!!
Also i doubled the bisquick recipe to make a thinker crust. You can salt and pepper to taste. Mix soup, vegetables and chicken and put in a 2 quart casserole dish.
Mix bisquick, egg and milk in separate container. In a small bowl, mix milk, egg and baking mix until blended. 4 recipe submitted by sparkpeople user agwilliams.
Sprinkle with 3/4 cup cheese. Mix milk, egg and baking mix. Mix egg, milk and baking mix and pour over chicken.
Learn how to cook great easy chicken pot pie from bisquick®. 1 cup cubed cooked chicken 1/2 cup milk 1 egg 1 cup bisquick reduced fat baking mix preheat oven to 400 degrees f. 1 2/3 cups vegetables, frozen.
In 9 pie plate mix soup, vegetables and chicken. This impossibly easy chicken pot pie makes it possible to have dinner on the table in about 30 minutes, but taste like you cooked it all day long. Place the remaining pie crust over the filling.
Spoon the chicken mixture into the pie plate. If you love this pot pie, check out bettys other great pot pie recipes. Bake 30 minutes or until golden brown.
Quick Chicken Pot Pie from Campbell’s Kitchen Recipe
BiscuitTopped Chicken Pot Pie Recipe Campbells
Chicken Pot Pie Ingredients
- 1 10 oz. can Campbell’s Cream of Chicken Soup
- 2 1/2 cups shredded roasted chicken
- 1/2 cup water, or chicken broth
- garlic powder, salt & pepper to taste
To ensure your potpie cooks evenly, be sure to preheat your oven to 425 degrees. This will make this dish cook thoroughly and create that golden flaky crust!
Next, you will place 1 pie crust sheet that has been defrosted for 15 minutes in the bottom of the 9-inch pie plate. Set this aside so it is ready to pour your filling.
Now, over medium heat, melt butter in a medium saucepan.
Add onions and cook uncovered until soft and translucent. This should take about 5 minutes or so.
Add soup and water , and stir until hot and a little bubbly. I like to use a wooden spoon for this cooking step because it is better for the pan and also makes me feel like I am cooking a homemade meal!
This recipe uses one bag of frozen mixed vegetables and now is the step to add them to your saucepan. Stir to incorporate into the soup mixture until nice hot.
There is nothing easier or quicker for a hearty meal than grabbing a rotisserie chicken at the store. I throw one of these in my shopping cart at least once a week to save time.
In this instance, I just shred up the meat and add it to the pot with spices and simmer it until it starts to bubble.
Also Check: Aunt Jemima Waffle Mix Recipe
How To Make Easy Chicken Pot Pie
This post may contain affiliate links which means we receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This is a very easy chicken pot pie recipe full of tender chicken, vegetables, cream of chicken soup, and flaky crust. Make this a quick meal to serve your family during the week.
Maybe you have been doing yard clean up all day and you’re looking for a cozy weekend meal to enjoy with a salad and glass of wine. This recipe is for you.
Tips From The Pillsbury Kitchens
- tip 1 Make a foil collar to protect the edges of the pastry from overbrowning. Place strips of foil to cover crust during the last 15 or 20 minutes of baking.
- tip 2 A standard 9-inch glass pie plate works best for this recipe.
- tip 3 The only complicated part of making a pot pie is the pastry. By using a refrigerated dough youre left with making a quick, savory gravy that can be filled with leftover cooked chicken, turkey, or ham and a good handful of veggies. A dash of poultry seasoning or some finely chopped fresh sage will enhance the flavor of the sauce.
- tip 4 To Make Chicken Filling Ahead: prepare as directed in recipe. Spoon into airtight container cover. Refrigerate up to 1 day. To bake, pour filling into 2-quart saucepan, heat over medium heat 5 to 6 minutes, stirring frequently or until thoroughly heated. Assemble, fill and bake pie as directed in recipe.
- tip 5 To Freeze Chicken Filling: prepare as directed in recipe. Cool, uncovered in refrigerator 30 minutes. Spoon mixture into 1-gallon freezer food storage plastic bag, leaving 1/2 to 1-inch at top of bag for expansion seal. Freeze up to 1 month. To bake, thaw mixture overnight in refrigerator. Pour into 2-quart saucepan, heat over medium heat, 5 to 6 minutes, stirring frequently or until thoroughly heated. Assemble, fill and bake pie as directed in recipe.
Read Also: Pancake Recipe With Oat Milk
Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry Sheets
There’s no limit to what you can do. Strudels and fruit flans, pot pies, Wellingtons and quiche. You are limited only by your imagination.
Sprinkle each pot pie with 1/2 tsp parsley before serving.
heaping 1 cup
A good chicken pot pie never goes out of style. Served in a mini cast iron skillet, this pie will be a top seller.
Substitutions And Serving Size
My family felt that using the cream of chicken soup made the flavour “too chickeny”, so I substitute a can of cream of celery soup. I also added salt & pepper to taste and about 1 tbsp each of oregano and parsley. We eliminated the cheese altogether. The suggested serving size would only be accurate for toddlers or as an appetizer. Using a common refigerated biscuit dough, the recipe does indeed make 10 mini pot-pies, however a grown person would likely want 3-4, plus a side salad. Kids would eat about 2-3. With the substitutions above, we make this on a regular basis.
Erin B. | August 3, 2017
Was this helpful?
You May Like: Caramel Frappuccino From Starbucks Recipe
Ingredient Tips For How To Make Easy Chicken Pot Pie
What makes this recipe so easy? When in a time crunch, using store-bought ingredients not only saves a lot of time, but it also tastes delicious.
Such an easy recipe! And I know you will add it to your weekly meal plan rotation!
Be sure to scroll down for your printable shopping list so you will have all the ingredients for this classic chicken pot pie with cream of chicken soup!
Can You Make Chicken Pot Pie From Scratch
Can you make chicken pot pie from scratch? Of course! You can’t beat using the perfect roasted chicken with homemade crust and creamy gravy filling.
But, sometimes it’s okay to use soup in chicken pot pie.
When it comes to crunching time, throwing together the essential ingredients, even if they are store-bought, still has a very tasty outcome.
Have turkey leftovers? Try our Turkey Pot Pie recipe for a great way to use up all the big meal leftovers!
Recommended Reading: Easy And Tasty Veg Recipes
Easiest Chicken Pot Pie Crust
Maybe you have been doing yard clean up all day and you’re looking for a cozy weekend meal to enjoy with a salad and glass of wine.
When the clock says 3 o’clock, and dinner plans are not finalized, a run to the grocery store is a must.
Quick tips for this easy recipe if you are pressed for time:
- Pick up a couple of fresh rotisserie chickens in the deli department. This is always my already cooked protein of choice, and I can use the leftover carcass to make a nice bone broth or soup.
- and a Pillsbury Pie Crust.
I know- you are probably going to ask Kelly, why don’t I make everything from scratch?! and I will say because your family is going to be hungry in an hour!
I can be a purist when it comes to pie crust, but when pressed for time, store-bought pie crust is the way to go.
What To Serve With Chicken Pot Pie
I know I said that chicken pot pie is by itself a complete meal, but why not transform this simple dinner into a lip-smackingly good feast. There are many flavors that go well with this dish, you will never run out of things to pair it with. Here are some of my favorite options:
- Cranberry sauce gives this meal a Thanksgiving feel anytime of year. But Im not talking about that dreadful stuff from the can. You can whip up fresh, homemade cranberry sauce in no time.
Combine 1 cup orange juice, 1/2 cup white sugar, and 1/2 cup brown sugar in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir until sugar is fully dissolved. Add in the cranberries and cook until the cranberries start to pop. Generally takes about 10 minutes.
Remove from heat and pour the cranberry sauce in a bowl. Will thicken as it cools. Add a few pinches of cinnamon for an extra tasty combo.
- A light salad is a nice way to counter-balance the richness of the pie. Your choice of leafy greens topped with citrus oranges and berries, rich cheese, crunchy nuts, and drizzled with tangy balsamic vinaigrette makes a spectacular side to your chicken pot pie.
- Roasted broccoli is another side that will lighten up your heavy main dish. Give these veggies some extra flavor by coating it with olive oil and Parmesan cheese.
- Sweet potatoes give a nice contrast to your savory dinner. Flavor it with cinnamon, butter, and your choice of seasonings and bake. Simple and delicious.
Also Check: Healthy Recipes For Blood Pressure