Creamy Mint Chocolate Chip Smoothie
Part of the struggle with trying to lose weight and create healthier habits is the struggle of having to give up some of your favorite foods, like chocolate. Say no more. This chocolate mint smoothie is the perfect blend of protein and chocolate to satisfy your cravings for good! Why avoid what you love when you can indulge the healthy way?
How To Make A Keto Smoothie
To make a keto smoothie thats both nutritionally satisfying and delicious to taste, you need the right ingredients.
Since the keto diet limits carbs, you need keto-friendly ingredients.
While each recipe card has a different ingredient combo, here are some of the staple items you should have on hand for keto smoothies.
Kale Detox Smoothie Recipes
Kale is what some would call a superfood, which means it packed with large amounts of vitamins, minerals, and other essential nutrients. In fact, its considered to be one of the most nutritious plants in existence.
Kale doesnt always taste the best because it can be rather strong for some, but if you combine it with the right ingredients it can be a delicious and healthy addition to any green detox smoothie recipe. Also make sure you use only the leaves and discard the stems, this will remove most of the bitter flavor.
Try some of these yummy weight loss smoothies, just one a day can help jump start your smoothie diet.
Recommended Reading: New York Times Lasagna Recipe
How To Make Greek Yogurt Smoothie
The recipe I have shared here is a filling Greek Yogurt Smoothie with banana, strawberries, and almond milk. I have added extra add-ins like rolled oats, peanut butter, and honey for a satisfying drink.
Following are the high-level instructions to make this tea but for detailed step-by-step instructions with photos and video, please check out the recipe card below.
- Add the ingredients -In a blender jar, add strawberries, banana, greek yogurt, peanut butter, oats, honey, and almond milk
- Blend – Close the lid and blend until everything turns smooth
- Pour – Open the lid and pour the Greek Yogurt Smoothie into a serving glass. And now the refreshing smoothie is ready for you to taste and enjoy
- Serve– Serve this filling Greek Yogurt Smoothie as a breakfast smoothie, or as a quick snack especially when you are on a weight loss plan
My Favorite Blender For Smoothies
One things for sure: youll need a blender.
It wasnt until I purchased a new blender several years ago that I realized how much of a difference a good blender makes when it comes to making smooth and evenly combined smoothies.
My favorite blender is the Ninja 100-Watt Base blender, which is powerful enough to crush frozen fruit evenly. My smoothies always turn out amazing with it! Note: Not sponsored, I just really like their blenders.
If youre looking for individual blenders, Id recommend this personal Nutri Bullet blender.
Also Check: Can You Mix Yogurt And Milk In A Smoothie
Don’t Miss: Applebee’s Spinach And Artichoke Dip Recipe
Recipe For Blueberry Smoothie
If youre looking for a recipe for blueberry smoothie, youre in luck because blueberries make amazing smoothies. For a simple but unusual recipe for blueberry smoothie, combine almond butter, blueberries, frozen banana, some almond milk, and a little sweetener if you like.
Sprinkle a few chopped walnuts on top, and youve got an amazing and healthy drink.
You May Like: Healthy Meal Replacement Smoothies Recipes
Health Advantages Of Smoothies Diet Smoothie Recipes With Greek Yogurt
Individuals that choose drinking smoothies prepared with just healthy ingredients such as fresh vegetables and fruits, enjoy the antioxidants, vitamins, and many other nutrients included therein.
If you make it a point to include spinach in your smoothies, you can quickly and effectively get your daily dose of iron. If you use a banana in your smoothies, you will get potassium, which benefits the heart, kidneys, and nervous system. You can delight in the lots of health benefits from the antioxidants included within if you add blueberries to the mix.
Also Check: Sidecar Recipe With Grand Marnier
Tools Needed For This Smoothie
To make this smoothie you will need:
- A quality blender I usually use my Nutribullet but the Vitamix is an incredible option too!
- Metal strawsor paper strawsWe live in a time where there is so much waste, so if you can do your part and get these reusable straws please do so! You will save the planet as well as save so much money in the long run.
How Many Calories Are In This Greek Yogurt Watermelon Smoothie
A single serving of this Greek yogurt watermelon smoothie will provide you with approximately 285 calories. This number can vary a little bit depending on how much honey you add to your smoothie for sweetening purposes.
All in all though, its an excellent low calorie drink option that remains incredibly satiating and nutrient-dense.
You May Like: Keto Diet For Diabetics Recipes
Healthy Breakfast Smoothie Recipes For Weight Loss
The morning energy boost you need.
Its breakfast time and youre hungry. You want something that can be made quickly and that’s also good-for-your bod. Makes sense! Heres what you should whip up: a healthy breakfast smoothie. Its so darn easypack your blender with all kinds of goodies like fruits, veggies, protein, fats, and more, turn it on, and boom, you have breakfast.
What should you include in a breakfast smoothie? Make sure your breakfast smoothies are rich in protein, otherwise you will most likely be hungry way before lunchtime, explains Keri Gans, RDN, author of The Small Change Diet. Also, a little fat and fiber is needed for satiety as well as overall nutrition, she notes.
And if youre looking for some great ingredients to include in your smoothies, Gans recommends any type of berry, banana, spinach, kale, avocado, low-fat plain Greek yogurt, low-fat milk, non-dairy milk alternative that includes protein, chia seeds, flax seeds, hemp seeds, and nut butter.
Okay, its time for some serious recipe inspo. Keep scrolling for 40 of the best breakfast smoothie recipes to add to your morning routine. Get sipping.
Protein Smoothies With Protein Powder
So I decided to create this comprehensive list of the best tasting protein smoothie recipes that satisfy what YOU are specifically looking for. I really like it. Sign up here to get your eBook, recipes and shopping list. It should have a tbsp of chia. By David Zinczenko.
Interestingly she wrote the recipe of Strawberry and Oats. Related posts:. The pumpkin is a great source of Vitamin A, which is good for your eyes, skin, and immune system, St. And speaking of sugar: try to avoid store-bought smoothies, from the grocery store and a shop. We, too have times when we just want to undo the damage that we did over a day or so away from our veggie-packed kitchens. Was just telling my husband I needed to get back to my smoothies!!
This content is created and maintained by a third party, and imported onto this page to help users provide their email addresses. Get sipping. It has 8. Jennifer A says:.
Also Check: 10 Day Detox Smoothie Recipe
Read Also: Recipes With Vegan Ground Beef
Using Kefir In Your Smoothies
A healthy way to delight in a meal replacement is using kefir in your smoothies. Kefir provides the body a healthy increase of calcium in addition to B vitamins, especially B12. Kefir likewise consists of high quantities of protein and probiotic lactobacilli.
Kefir smoothies can be made using yogurt, vegetables, or fruit. To keep the calorie count low as explained above, you should utilize low-fat or non-fat milk.
Our Favorite Weight Loss Smoothie Recipe
Our favorite weight loss smoothie recipe is the Flat Belly Weight Loss Smoothie. It is packed with delicious ingredients designed to aid digestion, reduce belly fat and prevent bloating. As an added nutritional benefit, calcium and protein, provided by the Greek yogurt and almond butter, serve to build strong bones and muscles and aid weight loss. Need to bring in your waist-line a few inches, add the Flat Belly Weight Loss Smoothie to your diet and watch those abs reappear!
Read Also: Vegan Gluten Free Recipes Breakfast
What Should You Add To A Greek Yogurt Smoothie
If youre searching for how to make greek yogurt taste good, a smoothie is how and it all depends on the toppings.
All of this means that greek yogurt in your workout smoothies will HELP you perform and recover better because high protein smoothies will be quickly absorbed post workout.
Heres what I recommend for taste and nutrition in making the best greek yogurt smoothie recipe:
What’s In This Healthy Yogurt Smoothie Recipe
- Greek Yogurt. Greek yogurt has a thick and creamy texture which the smoothie will sooner adapt to have. It has a velvety and tangy flavor that goes nicely with the other fruit ingredients in the recipe. Also, it is a healthy ingredient to use in making a breakfast smoothie.
- Milk. You may use any type of milk for this recipe, but the best choice would be that of whole milk since it has a creamy flavor perfect for the smoothie. However, you may also use almond milk if you like a nutty flavor to your smoothie
- Lemon Juice. Do you want to boost the tangy flavor of greek yogurt in your smoothie? Add fresh lemon juice to do so!
- Frozen Strawberries. Strawberries add fruity and juicy flavor to the smoothie. When blended, they offer a burst of sweetness.
- Frozen Mango. Like the rest of the fruits in this recipe, Mangoes add a more sweet-sour taste to the smoothie.
- Honey. Add the right amount of honey to your smoothie mixture for a bit of sweetener.
- Banana. In this recipe, I used green bananas. However, if you focus on their taste, ripe bananas have the touch of vanilla and honey-like taste.
Recommended Reading: Healthy Dinner Recipes For One
Tips For Strawberry Banana Smoothie Recipe:
- You can still make an amazing strawberry smoothie without yogurt. Yogurt does help make it extra creamy, but bananas do that too. If you are going to make this recipe without yogurt, I would use less juice in the recipe. The banana and less juice will still make a delicious strawberry smoothie without yogurt. This works great if you have children that dont love yogurt or they can taste that distinct taste even hidden in a smoothie , you can still serve a delicious smoothie.
- You can use almond milk or any dairy free milk instead of water.
- If adding juice, apple and orange work great.
- Protein Powder- add this to get more protein if your kids dont like yogurt.
- Try fresh strawberries or frozen strawberries. Both are great!
Below You Will Find The Following Weight Loss Cleanse Plans:
- Quick 3 Day Weight Loss Cleanse
- 7 Day Weight Loss Cleanse also called a Detox Week
- Green Smoothie 10 Day Cleanse
You can find more information in our Benefits of a Detox Diet article here.
No matter if you choose a 3, 7, or 10 day weight loss cleanse youll be resetting cravings and increasing metabolism!
Try out one of our weight loss cleanse plans, and check out our 10 best detox smoothie recipes below.
Read Also: Smoothie King Slim N Trim Recipes
Recommended Reading: Easy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
Tips To Make The Beast Strawberry Banana Greek Yogurt Smoothie
- Dont add sugar- I have seen many smoothie recipes that call for extra sugar / sweetener. It kinda baffles me though Why would you need sugar if you are using fresh fruits as the base of this healthy strawberry smoothie. If you follow the exact steps to this recipe your smoothie should be perfectly sweetened without any added sugar.
- Dont use ice I am purposefully using frozen fruits to avoid using ice. I always feel like ice waters down my smoothies and thats not something I like. Using frozen fruits allows your smoothie to be thick and creamy with strong fruit flavors.
- Make it dairy free- If you are lactose intolerant or are simply vegan, you can make this smoothie fit your needs by using oat milk, soy milk, cashew milk or even almond milk as well as a dairy free yogurt to maintain the creaminess of this strawberry banana smoothie.
Storage And Freezing Instructions
You can easily double or triple this recipe to make enough to have throughout the week! Just freeze in a freezer-safe, airtight container or plastic bag. Or even better, freeze in an ice cube tray to easily blend later! I like to make extra to have on hand because this smoothie only takes 5 minutes to make!
Also Check: 10 Day Green Smoothie Cleanse Snacks
You May Like: Skin Tightening Essential Oil Recipe
Honey And Wild Blueberry Smoothie
Serves: 2Nutrition: 223 calories, 2 g fat, 5 g fiber, 38 g sugars, 4 g protein
Looking for a way to sneak more veggies into your diet? This one hides kale in a superfood bundle of banana, mango, blueberries and Greek yogurt. Plus, its low in fat and calories, which will help you realize your flat-belly dreams.
Get the recipe from Pinch of Yum.
Delicious Banana Yogurt Smoothie
If you love bananas, then this banana yogurt smoothie is the perfect drink for you. You only need a few ingredients, and its super easy to whip up in a blender quickly.
I love this smoothie as it blends to be nice and thick without needing any ice cream. The bananas add a ton of flavor, and the honey sweetens it slightly. Overall its a fruity drink thats hard to stop drinking.
A single batch of this recipe will make enough for roughly two people, but this depends on how thirsty you are. Alternatively, you can easily double or triple the recipe to cater for more people.
Dont Miss: Best Smoothies To Make In A Blender
Also Check: One Year Old Baby Food Recipes
Ingredients For Strawberry Banana Smoothie
For this recipe you will need these ingredients:
- Frozen strawberries I love buying strawberries when they are in season and freezing them myself, but if you dont have any or they are not in season, use any frozen berry you have on hand.
- Frozen bananas Bananas are one of my favorite fruit to add to smoothies, it adds sweetness and creaminess.
- Milk or water You can use any milk youd like if you decide to go with the milk option. The smoothie will be more rich if you use milk instead of water.
- Greek yogurt Greek yogurt adds creaminess and whole lot of protein to this healthy smoothie recipe.
- Sugar free whipped cream- This is an optional ingredients, but if you want to make a show stopped smoothie, definitely go for it. Top your smoothie with whipped cream and a strawberry slice for a super pretty look.
Why Does This Greek Yogurt Smoothie Recipe Works
Yogurt smoothie recipes are all over the internet. Health bloggers and vloggers constantly flex their different ways of making smoothies. Thus, when you keyed up the spelling for smoothies on your search bar, a lot would come back up. But this particular recipe at hand is way different from the rest and is the most must-try one because of the following reasons:
- Ingredients are not costly! You may also get them all from your pantry or buy them at the nearest market.
- It is super quick and easy to make
- It is healthy for children and adults!
- Perfect for breakfast, lunch or as a snack.
You May Like: Hershey Cocoa Powder Fudge Recipe
Are Smoothies A Good Way To Lose Weight
Simple smoothies can be a way to lose weight, if you incorporate them into your diet correctly.
One common mistake that causes some people to not successfully lose weight is to not pay attention to portions or what ingredients they are putting in their smoothies.
And because smoothies are drinks that are easy to down rather than meals you sit down and chew, its not hard to overlook the amount of food thats in your blended beverage.
If you do plan to lose weight with smoothies, as with any food or diet, you need to take in fewer calories than you are currently eating to shed those pounds. This is done by combining ingredients that are low-calorie, nutrient-dense, and leave you feeling fuller.
Homemade weight loss smoothies are the best way to control the quality of the ingredients that go into your blended beverage. And remember, never put your health at risk or leave you feeling starved.
As always, check with your health practitioner to make sure that you are embarking on a diet that is suitable for your situation.
Tropical Greek Yogurt Smoothie Recipe
If you love fruit, then you are really going to love this recipe. With only four ingredients, its incredibly simple to make. Mangoes and bananas are an excellent tropical combination that will give you a very sweet smoothie. Studies suggest that mangoes are the most widely consumed fruits in the world, which comes as no surprise considering how delicious they are. Nevertheless, they can also provide you with some extraordinary health benefits. Thanks to certain antioxidants like lutein and zeaxanthin, they play an important role in . Mangoes can possibly improve digestion, boost cardiovascular health, and
What Youll Need
- 1 cup fresh mango chunks
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
How to Prepare
First pour the Greek yogurt into the blender and then add the other ingredients. You can also add a few ice cubes to make the smoothie more refreshing and get a thinner consistency. Blend for two minutes. This recipe is for one serving.
Don’t Miss: Homemade Puppy Food Recipes Vet Approved