Can Italian Soup Be Made In Advance
This easy sausage and vegetable soup can be made a day or two in advance!
To prepare Italian soup in advance, follow the recipe instructions through step 4. When ready to serve, bring the soup to a gentle simmer. Add the cream and proceed with the recipe as instructed, starting with step 5.
Healthy-tip: If you want to make this soup healthier, use a spoon to lift off and discard any solidified fat from the top of the soup before reheating.
Italian Sausage Soup Recipe
Italian Sausage Soup recipe for a creamy, comforting soup with noodles that is full of flavor and perfect for a family dinner during the cold winter months! Sponsored by Reames® Egg Noodles.
The holiday season is so busy and its important to have a hearty dinner to keep you going. Plus, it feels good to reconnect while enjoying a meal together.
Italian Sausage Soup is the perfect choice for a family dinner. Its easy to make and can be served with a simple salad and a loaf of crusty bread.
Disclaimer: This post contains links to products for making this recipe. If you use those links, I may earn a commission. Learn more here.
Where is the Italian Sausage Soup recipe? In this post, I will share step-by-step instructions with photos for how to make the soup, as well as answering FAQs about the recipe and sharing a video. But you can go directly to the recipe by scrolling down to the bottom of the post.
One of the reasons this is a great meal for Christmas is that it has red peppers and green spinach so it looks festive. Also, it is easy to make all in one pot and the Reames Frozen Egg Noodles give it that incredible homemade taste without the extra work of homemade noodles!
Can I Use Other Canned Or Fresh Tomatoes In Italian Sausage Soup
Heck ya! You can use canned crushed tomatoes, canned whole peeled tomatoes, or fresh tomatoes for this Italian soup. Please note, fresh tomatoes will take longer to achieve the same consistency as canned tomatoes. So, you can end up with overcooked orzo.
Can I use fresh herbs in place of Italian seasoning?
I use a standard Italian seasoning for this Italian soup recipe. If you want to use fresh herbs, increase the measurement by 2 or 3 times the dry amount.
Don’t Miss: Recipe For S Mores Bars
How And How Long To Keep The Italian Pasta Sausage Soup Leftovers
Because pasta tends to swell and get soggy, we recommend you dont keep the soup for more than one day. Keep the Italian sausage soup in an airtight container in the refrigerator and reheat in a pot or large saucepan. You can also cook and freeze the soup without pasta and add them at the last minute.
Looking For More Soup Recipes Try These Next:
This hearty Cheesy Pizza Soup is like comfort in a bowl with a creamy tomato base, homestyle noodles, mini pepperoni and lots of cheese. It tastes like pizza and is delicious served with garlic bread and salad.
This crockpot recipe for Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie Soup is a hearty dinner idea for chilly nights. Serve with puff pastry breadsticks instead of pie crust!
Also Check: Best Strawberry Banana Smoothie Recipe
What Goes Into Tortellini Soup
The thing I love so much about tortellini soup is how versatile it is. We like to stick with a cheese-filled pasta and add the other ingredients to the soup. Buying a meat filled tortellini wouldnt be bad, but cheese creates a nice base flavor, plus it really compliments that creamy tortellini soup vibe.
While you could easily make a vegetarian tortellini soup, most of the recipes out there call for chicken or some version of sausage. We love the flavor of mild Italian sausage in our soups, so thats what weve added here.
Creamy Parmesan Italian Sausage Soup
This is a super simple, one-pot, soup with pasta and Italian sausage thats packed with flavour and eats like a meal! The star of the show is Italian sausage which brings a ton of flavour all by itself. This soup is filled out with pasta which is cooked in the soup, making for an easy one-pot meal. Seasonings include onions, garlic, fennel, and Italian herbs, along with some red pepper flakes for even more heat. In addition to all of the flavour thats already packed in, the broth is a base of chicken broth with tomatoes and its made nice and creamy, and oh so good, with cream, cream cheese and plenty of parmesan cheese! There is something thats just magical about the flavour combo of Italian sausage and tomatoes in a creamy parmesan broth! This soup is the perfect comfort food for cool winter days!
Creamy Parmesan Italian Sausage Soup
A tasty Italian sausage and pasta soup with a creamy parmesan and tomato broth!
- 1 pound Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground fennel
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 can petite diced tomatoes
- 8 ounces pasta such as ditalini
- 1/2 cup parmigiano reggiano , grated
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy/whipping cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
You May Like: Keto Meatloaf Recipe Pork Rinds
Italian Pasta Sausage Soup
This Pasta sausage soup is a delicious combo of some of our favorites: Italian sausage, kale, tomato, and pasta. This easy sausage soup is super flavorful and doesnt require hours of simmering on the stove.
If youre looking for an easy soup for a busy evening to even a quick lunch, this is it! Feel free to adapt and customize this homemade Italian sausage soup to your liking and with the ingredients you have on hand.
Read the directions and our tips below after the pictures and youre set for an utterly enjoyable and satisfying Italian sausage soup!
Tips For Making This Recipe Perfectly
- If you can find ground sausage, terrific! If not, use links just remove the casings, then crumble into the pot.
- This recipes calls for using canned white beans as well as their canning liquid. The canning liquid is starchy, so it adds some body to the broth. It also tends to be salty, so hold off on seasoning with salt until the very end.
- Use fire-roasted tomatoes for rich, bold flavor. Youll swear this soup was simmered for ages!
- Layering recipes with both dried and fresh herbs is one of my favorite ways to add depth. Dried italian seasoning and fresh thyme do the trick here, but even just adding chopped parsley at the end will add a fresh touch.
Also Check: Campbells Soup Recipes With Ground Beef
How To Make Italian Sausage Soup On The Stove
Get the printable recipe below.
Can I Freeze This Soup
You can, but I recommend doing so before you add the pasta. To freeze, assemble the soup as directed up until you add the pasta. Let it cool completely, then place it in an airtight container and store it in the freezer for up to 3 months.
When youre ready to enjoy, thaw the broth and veggie mixture in the fridge, bring to a simmer on the stove, then add in the pasta and finish out the recipe as directed.
You May Like: Nature’s Recipe Salmon 24 Lb
What To Serve With Italian Soup
Italian sausage and pasta soup is typically served with plenty of toasted, crusty bread or breadsticks for sopping up all the flavorful, warm liquid.
If you are looking to turn this soup into a more rounded meal, below are some delicious serving options!
- Crusty artisan bread or breadsticks
- Grilled cheese
Can I Make This Zucchini Tomato Italian Sausage Soup In The Slow Cooker
From the questions we often get, I know that a lot of our readers like to use their slow cooker during the summer to avoid heating up the kitchen!
We havent tried making this recipe in the slow cooker ourselves mostly because it only takes about thirty minutes to cook this soup on the stove. While a slow cooker will sort of technically work, youll still want to brown the sausage before adding it to the slow cooker, which is half of the cooking time listed in this recipe. Additionally, the zucchini may end up over-cooked before the rest of the vegetables are tender. So, while its possible, wed still recommend cooking this Zucchini Tomato Italian Sausage Soup recipe as written because it will take less time and the results will be better.
If you want to save some time when you are rushing to get dinner on the table, feel free to chop all of the vegetables ahead of time.
You may enjoy these other garden zucchini and tomato recipes:
Read Also: Recipes For Keto Friendly Soups
Ingredients For Italian Minestrone Soup Recipe
Dont let the longer ingredient list stop you from making this super easy soup! I love to add lots of spices and herbs to make it more flavorful! Plus, my minestrone soup recipe is made with basic pantry ingredients you already have! Here are the main ingredients youll need find the full list in the recipe card below.
- Italian Sausage: I used mild sausage but you can also use hot sausage for a spicy kick! Dont like Italian sausage? Replace it with ground pork, chicken or turkey!
- Canned Tomatoes & Tomato Paste: you can use crushed, diced or petite diced, canned tomatoes. I prefer the petite diced for a more uniform soup. And the tomato paste is a must to add even more flavor!
- Broth: either vegetable or chicken broth will work great for this recipe.
- Mini Pasta: just about any type of small or mini pasta will work great for this recipe! I like to use ditalini or super mini pasta shells.
- Red Wine: I love to add wine to this soup for even more flavor! However, you can replace the wine with more broth if you prefer to cook without alcohol. It will reduce during the cooking process!
- Beans: I used cannellini beans in my video tutorial but just about any type will work great! Use cooked, canned beans for the best results.
- Fresh Thyme & Rosemary: fresh herbs add the most flavor and aroma!
How Do You Make Italian Sausage Soup
First, brown sausage in a large soup pot over medium-high heat.
Next, add onion and peppers. Saute stirring occasionally. Add garlic and saute an additional few minutes.
Then, stir in broth, diced tomatoes, and spaghetti sauce. Bring to a light boil. Add pasta, lower heat, and simmer until just cooked. Turn off heat and stir in spinach.
Finally, add about diced mozzarella into the bottom of serving bowl and spoon soup over it. Top with grated parmesan and fresh basil and enjoy!
You can also make this in the instant pot! Check out our huge collection of instapot recipes for more great ideas!
Also Check: Ginger Powder Tea For Weight Loss Recipe
Tips For The Best Keto Soup
- Allow the flavors to meld. This is a great soup to make ahead of time because it only gets better as the flavors come together. This soup will stay fresh for 3-4 days and reheats easily!
- Prep your ingredients. Allow your cream cheese to come to room temperature before adding to the soup. This just helps it dissolve and blend into the soup easier.
- Chop the kale. Remember when prepping the kale you want to chop it pretty small so you have nice small bites mixed in throughout the soup. Long, stringy pieces of kale will not make for the best texture.
Tips For Making The Best Tortellini Soup:
This dish is a hard one to screw up, but Im here with a few tips and tricks to make sure your dinner is as successful as possible.
One of the most important things to remember is to add your cheesy tortellini just a few minutes before serving, as you dont want it getting overcooked and falling apart.
In this recipe, weve called for the pasta, cream, and kale to be added at the end. Heres why:
- Kale and spinach wilt very quickly. They just need a few minutes in the hot broth to soften enough to be easily consumed without taking on a soggy texture.
- Fresh tortellini take just a few minutes to cook through, so for that perfect al dente toothsome texture, its best to add it a few minutes before serving.
- Adding the cream slowly at the end will help keep it from curdling.
This tortellini soup is delish as is, but I can imagine adding zucchini, chicken sausage, spinach tortellini…the possibilities are endless. When you make this recipe feel free to have fun with it and mix it up each time!
Recommended Reading: Vegan Mac And Cheese Recipe Easy
Italian Sausage And Orzo Soup
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This Italian Sausage and Orzo Soup recipe is easy to make, full of zesty seasonings, and so cozy and delicious.
Here in Spain, theres a saying that en abril, aguas mil which has certainly proved true this year. It has been raining almost every single day this past month! And after weeks of nonstop drizzle, Ive gotta say that we are definitely ready for sunny days to return so that we can open our windows and enjoy the warm spring weather again. But in the meantime, weve been trying to make the best of things by soaking up the last of the seasons cozy indoor hygge vibes, snuggling under fuzzy blankets, drinking lots of hot tea, baking lots of bread and cookies. And, as I always love to do when it rains, making lots and lots of soup.
This Italian sausage and orzo soup was one of my favorite recipes that came about this month as I was trying to clean out a few leftovers in the fridge. It had all intentions of making minestrone, but then we were out of beans and I wanted to use up some Italian sausage in the fridge, and it turned into this Italian sausage and orzo soup sort of situation. But my word, was it delicious. I actually ended up loving this soup so much that I made a second batch last week so that we could take some to our neighbors and snap a few photographs it to share with all of you today.
What To Serve With Keto Soup
Thankfully, being keto does not mean giving up bread! Besides, bread and soup go together like peanut butter and jelly! These breads would all be delicious served with this Italian Sausage Soup.
Cook Time: Total Time:
This creamy, comforting Keto Italian Sausage Soup is loaded with meat, vegetables and cheese! Each generous serving has about 8 net carbs, making it the perfect low carb dinner.
- 2 pounds ground Italian sausage
- 3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 can fire roasted tomatoes, drained
- 1 can tomato paste
- 1 carton beef broth
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened and cut into small cubes
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 3 cups kale, stems removed and finely chopped
- 1 cup shredded parmesan
You May Like: Dietitian Recipes For Weight Loss
How Do You Make Easy Tortellini Soup
We know you’ll love this super easy tortellini soup, because it’s one of the easiest and most flavorful dishes weve made in a long time and anyone who’s tried it feels the same. All it takes is a few easy steps:
Truly a one pot wonder, this creamy tortellini soup is going to win you some serious awards. Youve got your veggies, cheesy pasta, and meat all in there together. Our only recommendation is, make a double batch or you’ll be sorry.
How To Make Italian Soup:
Using soup pot, brown sausage on a medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring and breaking meat apart with a wooden spoon. Stir in garlic and cook for 1 minute.
Add broth, tomatoes and carrots. Stir. Cover with a lid and simmer for 15 minutes on low heat.
Stir in zucchini and beans. Cover and simmer on a low heat for another 15 minutes.
Stir in spinach. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Remove from the heat.
Serve with grated Parmesan cheese and homemade Artisan bread. Enjoy!
Q. Did you like Italian Sausage Soup Recipe?
Let me know in the comments below, I would love to hear from you!
- 1poundMild Italian sausage
- 1 – 14.5ouncecan Italian-style tomatoes
- 1 – 14.5ouncecan Organic great Northern beansdrained
- 1medium zucchinicubed
- salt and pepperto taste
Don’t Miss: Easy Recipes For Anti Inflammatory Diet
The Best Spicy Italian Sausage Soup
Every spoonful of this hearty Italian sausage white bean and kale soup is filled with tasty little morsels. A bit of carrot here, chewy greens there, chunks of Italian sausage, creamy Cannellini beans and perfect al-dente pasta shells. The broth is rich, spicy and utterly mouthwatering. Get ready, friends this one will be your new favorite too.