Low Carb Meatloaf Binder:
This post contains affiliate links.
You have two options in this recipe for a binder: crushed pork rinds or almond flour.
The pork rinds end up being a bit more light and they dont add carbs to the meatloaf.
The almond flour seems to hold together a bit better, but produces a heavier meatloaf with a few more carbs.
We like both, but usually go for the almond flour in my house.
How Many Net Carbs Are In Meatloaf
Another great question and my go to response for anything carb related is it depends. I say this because it all comes down to the ingredients you use!
A breadcrumb replacement like ground pork rinds will run you 0 net carbs while something like almond flour could run you anywhere from one to three net carbs per serving.
The second place youll find carbs adding up is in any veggies you dice up and add to the meatloaf prior to baking.
This will likely come in the form of onion and celery, and while they add a lot of flavor you can go without and still yield a delicious meatloaf!
The final, and third place, youll find the carbs can add up is with the toppings. This is the main source of carbs since tomato is higher in sugars.
No matter what you decide, youll be left with a high fat, high protein, low carb meatloaf so I wouldnt sweat the small stuff! And, something like the topping weve given you below adds maximum flavor for minimal carbs.
Who Is This Recipe For
Everyone! This keto-friendly meatloaf recipe is adaptable for anyone.
One of my favorite things about this recipe is how easily it can tailor to many different eating protocols. This meatloaf would be a great Atkins dinner, it is naturally gluten-free, and THM friendly.
Skip the cheese topping and this delicious meatloaf recipe becomes dairy-free and paleo-friendly.
Recommended Reading: Blue Hawaiian Drink Recipe With Coconut Rum
Tips For Making Low Carb Meatloaf
You can use almond flour, crushed keto chips, crushed pork rinds or flaxseed meal in your low carb meatloaf.
You can also make breadcrumbs from Gluten Free Bread.
Make sure all your ingredients are sugar-free, and low carb.
Use a gluten-free Worcestershire sauce in our low carb meatloaf.
You can leave out the veggies if you like, but they add flavor and moisture to the recipe.
If you have any questions, please ask in the comments below.
Best Low Carb Keto Turkey Meatloaf
Delicious and flavorful, keto turkey meatloaf is moist and perfect for a low carb family dinner. Traditional meatloaf in gluten-free form, popular with everyone, on a keto diet or not.
This post may include Amazon links or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Did you grow up with a family meatloaf? I know some families that ate it once a month or even once a week without fail. Some years ago I started making a turkey meatloaf and absolutely loved it! It was popular with friends and family, and when I started on a keto diet I was determined to make it gluten-free and glorious.
Truly, meatloaf is one of those classic comfort foods. Its perfect for a winter evening or with a lemony green salad in summer. Moreover, you can bring the family together and enjoy a classic everyone will love, all while sticking to a keto diet.
You May Like: End Stage Renal Failure Diet Recipes
The Secret Is In The Meatloaf Binder
What did I do differently?
For this low carb recipe, I used ground pork rinds as my breading, and I have added a secret step. I allowed the ground up pork crumbs to soften and almost rehydrate in one egg. This made the pork rinds incorporate evenly with the ground meat without any issue.
The pork rinds were completely undetectable in the cooked meatloaf. This made a noticeable texture improvement which for me was far more appealing.
Have you ever had an experience like me where your binder creates a dry spot in the meat? This has to be my least favorite meatloaf mishap. The dry crumbs lend an undesirable meatloaf texture, and it does nothing to hold the meat together. This is precisely what I was hoping to avoid, and I am thrilled to have discovered a solution.
Looking For More Great Low Carb Comfort Food Recipes Check These Out
- This Instant Pot Keto Cauliflower and Cheese is a creamy, delicious side dish that you can make in your pressure cooker for the ultimate low carb comfort food!
- This Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole is perfect for a weekday keto friendly family dinner. It’s easy to make, kid-friendly, low carb and SO very good!
- Love mac & cheese but trying to avoid the carbs? My Cauliflower Mac and Cheese with Bacon and Jalapenos will satisfy your cravings without ruining your diet!
Also Check: Shredded Chicken Sandwich With Mayo Recipe
What To Serve With Keto Stuffed Meatloaf
- Cheesy Cauliflower Mash | Mimics the style of mashed potatoes that is creamy, cheesy and such a comfort food. We make this all the time!
- Keto Fathead Rolls | If you want a bread-style option to pair next to it, try these rolls. Keto friendly, light, tender, and tasty as can be.
- Roasted Turnips |Make a GREAT potato fake out Side! Radishes are a pretty hot little potato fake out ingredient right now, but what about the turnip? Ahhhh, you forgot about those right? We had! Turnips were on sale one day and I literally looked at hubby and said “how come we never think to get turnips? I actually really like them” So …. we ended up eating them as a side with steak and they were amazing. Pair them with our easy keto meatloaf!
Oven Roasted Turnips
Ingredients In Low Carb Meatloaf
This section contains important notes about some of the ingredients I used in this keto meatloaf recipe. For exact amounts, the full ingredient list and recipe, be sure to scroll to the bottom of the post.
- Ground Beef: Ground beef is always the star of the show when it comes to meatloaf, but this is also excellent with ground bison or buffalo.
- Ground Italian Sausage: You can use spicy or mild Italian sausage. You can even substitute a plain ground pork, but if you do, I would recommend adding additional onion soup mix.
- Dry Onion Soup Mix: For this low carb meatloaf recipe, I like to make my own Dry Onion Soup Mix. However, you can also use a packaged mix. Simply replace the ¼ cup homemade, with one package dried soup mix.
- Tomato Paste: If you do not have tomato paste, you can also use ketchup. Both make for a delicious meatloaf. code PEACE for 10% off
- Worcestershire Sauce: Worcestershire is tangy, savory, sweet, and salty all at the same time and adds a nice umami flavor. You can also use coconut aminos or soy sauce in its place. To make this a Whole30 meatloaf recipe, use coconut aminos. This is my favorite brand.
- Garlic: If you ask me, I say the more garlic, the better! If you do not have fresh garlic, you can substitute garlic powder or even dried minced garlic.
- Pork Rinds: The pork rinds in this keto meatloaf recipe act as a binder. If you do not have pork rinds, you can also substitute almond flour, or even a mix of grated parmesan cheese and almond flour.
Nobody Likes Dry Meatloaf
To make sure your keto meatloaf doesn’t come out dry make sure to follow these tips:
- Avoid lean ground beef. As we mentioned earlier lean ground beef is going to make your meatloaf super dry. Aim to use an 80/20 ground beef blend and no lower than 85/15.
- Let the mixture sit. Once you’ve combined all the ingredients let them sit together for 5 to 10 minutes. You want to let the flaxseed absorb all the excess liquids
- Rest your low carb meatloaf. Just like other meats, resting your keto meatloaf is very important. Rest it for around 15 minutes to allow the juices to absorb and settle.
Tips When Making Meatloaf
- Mold the mixture in the pan softly before baking. Don’t press on it hard. We want it to come out firm, but juice and moist, not as hard as a brick.
- If you don’t have a loaf pan, you can use your hands to manually make a loaf shape and cook it on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil.
- Skip the pepper altogether if you’re not a fan of spicy food.
Don’t Miss: Hidden Valley Ranch Soup Recipes
Mix Mix Mix Until It Is Really Well Blended
Keto meatloaf recipe using pork rinds. 1/2 cup almond flour, 1 tablespoon dried parsley 1/2 cup no sugar added ketchup Simply crush the pork rinds and mix them right in!
This collection of 10 best keto pork rind. How to make keto meatloaf. 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
Low carb binder for meatloaf. Just remember to take it out of the freezer the night before so you can unthaw it. With only 5 net carbs per generous serving, this low carb meatloaf recipe is perfectly suitable for those following a keto.
My favorite option is to make keto meatloaf with pork rinds. This delicious low carb meatloaf is an italian feast. Add some foil to the bottom of the air fryer, then bake.
Add the chopped mushrooms and tomatoes and blend carefully to not moosh up all the veggies. For an air fryer version of this keto recipe, shape the meatloaf on a tray, then set the air fryer to 380°f. There are no pork rinds in this recipe.
Ad new diet plan keto, just arrived and is already going viral among women. Watch the video on the diet works I just put them in this bag and rolled a can of something or another over them.
Ad new diet plan keto, just arrived and is already going viral among women. I like to use baked pork rinds whenever possible. A rolling pin works, too.
This keto meatloaf recipe is a recipe you can prep ahead of time. In a large mixing bowl mix together your ground beef, parmesan. How to make keto meatloaf
Laurie’s LowCarb Meatloaf Recipe Low carb meatloaf
Ways To Reheat Meatloaf
Warm up your meatloaf in the microwave, slice and eat cold on a sandwich, or toss leftovers in the oven and wrap in foil and heat it up that way. Just make sure the meatloaf is covered in the oven so it doesn’t dry out as you warm it up. I turn oven to 350 degrees and heat 15 minutes or until warmed through.
Allow To Cool And Enjoy
When the meatloaf has been in the oven for a total time of 35 minutes test the internal temperature with a meat thermometer.
Be sure the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees, but keep in mind the temperature will continue to rise once you pull it out of the oven. Anything around 155 degrees is perfect.
Be sure to let the keto meatloaf cool for at least 1 minutes before slicing, otherwise you will lose a lot of the juices.
Now youre probably wondering what are some good side dishes to pair with this low carb meatloaf recipe. Luckily you came to the right place. We have hundreds of side dishes that go great with keto meatloaf. Some of our favorites are:
Once youve made meatloaf low carb there is almost nothing standing in the way of turning all of your favorite recipes into keto classics.
Make sure to try a recipe a couple times to really get the hang of it. We made several varieties of this meatloaf recipe before we finally found the best combination of ingredients.
How To Make Meatloaf Keto
The recipe uses everyday ingredients and only takes 5 simple steps to throw together:
If you want, you can brush the top of the loaf with ketchup and place it under the broiler for about 5 minutes. Otherwise, cut into slices and dig in!
I usually cut mine into 8 big slices, but you could easily cut into as many as 12 smaller slices.
Recommended Reading: Hidden Valley Ranch Vegetables Recipe
Keto Individual Mini Meatloaf
I believe that I have officially unlocked the secret to a low carb keto meatloaf recipe that actually stays together and one that stays together well. Making keto recipes easy to prepare and simple to execute is my motivation at all times, and this recipe is no exception. This recipe for easy keto mini meatloaf is exactly as promised a super simple easy keto dinner.
I have struggled at every single attempt to make a keto-friendly meatloaf or meatball. The problems ranged from the meat being too dry, or it was impossible to get the meat to hold together. I have tried a variety of recipes and used every keto-friendly flour alternative.
I was confident that it was possible to make a keto meatloaf hold together, without compromising the texture.
Slow Cooker Low Carb Meatloaf
We have been making some dietary changes for the adults in my family so I needed to come up with a way to make meatloaf without using grains like bread crumbs or oatmeal as it pushes the carbs too high. This recipe for low carb meatloaf cooked in the slow cooker turned out to be an excellent change and you would never know its missing the carbs.
If you are on a gluten free diet this recipe can work for you too. Just be sure to read your labels to make sure there is no hidden gluten. Paying particular attention to your garlic powder and shredded Parmesan if you are buying it pre-shredded. Both of these items can sometimes contain anti-caking products that may contain gluten.
This recipe is basically using the grated Parmesan cheese as a substitute of the normal bread crumbs used in most meatloaf recipes. You can use Parmesan cheese in the plastic tub/containers, fresh shredded or fresh flaked Parmesan. Parmesan gives a fabulous flavor along with the cheddar cheese chunks.
I used 2 pounds of extra lean ground beef but you can also use ground chicken, turkey or sausage or a mix of them. You will either need a loaf pan that can fit in your crock or an aluminum version that will fit.
This will not taste like a diet type food. It was savory and delicious. My family really enjoyed it and I will be making it again. Meatloaf is perfectly made in the slow cooker because it keeps it so moist, versus a tendency to dry out in the oven.
Recommended Reading: Splenda Brown Sugar Blend Recipes
Interactive Keto Plans Optimized For Quicker And Better Weight Loss Results Designed And Tested To Give Results In Just 28 Days
- 200+ delicious low-carb recipes for every taste
- Weekly shopping lists to stay on track
- Expert guidance that make your goals a reality
From time to time we will recommend products and services that we have used, and have found to be very good products or services. We may get a small percentage of a purchase you make, through one of the affiliate links that we included. Any payment we receive is paid to us by the company . These small payments help us to continue to produce keto recipes and other content as we seek to spread the message about the Keto Diet and the health benefits of the keto lifestyle. Thank you for your support, it is appreciated.
CjsKetoKitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.com.
Add The Chopped Mushrooms And Tomatoes And Blend Carefully To Not Moosh Up All The Veggies
Keto meatloaf recipe pork rinds. In a large bowl add ground beef, onion, relish, salt, pepper, bacon, mustard/egg mix, and pork rind crumbs, diced cheddar cheese chunks and gently mix the ingredients Made with parmesan cheese as the binder instead of pork rinds, the taste of this low carb meatloaf is homestyle comfort food at its best. Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl, with the exception of the ketchup.
To get started, preheat the oven to 350 degrees f and line a baking pan with a baking sheet. Crushed pork rinds the other thing that is great about this easy keto meatloaf recipe is that you can make it ahead. Combine the ground beef, sausage, and pork rinds in a large bowl.
This keto meatloaf recipe is similar to traditional meatloaf recipes. I was surprised by the turkey/chicken in this recipe. On your meal prep days, simply prepare the mixture, wrap it in a ziplock bag.
Spread the ketchup on top of the meatloaf. How to make keto meatloaf. Should you have any leftover meatloaf,.
If the bacon browns too quickly during cooking, loosely cover the meatloaf. Add the sweetener and 2 tablespoons water. In a large mixing bowl mix together your ground beef, parmesan.
Theyre an excellent substitute for breadcrumbs. I like to use baked pork rinds whenever possible. How to make this mini easy keto meatloaf recipe in a large bowl, mix the meat, bacon, salt, pepper, garlic and onion, and the egg until well combined.
Pastor Ant Bacon Double Cheeseburger Stuffed Meatloaf
Read Also: Baby Puree Recipes 6 9 Months