Nespresso Iced Coffee Pods:
Its totally genius that Nespresso decided to come out with a line of iced coffee specific pods. We all know how frustrating it is to make iced coffee only to add some creamer or flavoring and have it taste like watered down bean water. #nothanks
Iced coffee does need to start with a more concentrated base if youre adding anything to it, even ice, although one hack for the ice especially if youre making it at home is to create coffee ice cubes. Just pour iced coffee into them. Use silicone trays and they pop right out.
I know, I know. #yourewelcome
Anyway, as soon as I saw the Nespresso iced coffee pods for the Vertuoline machine, I clicked #addtocart. They come in two varieties: Ice Forte and Ice Leggero.
For this recipe, I used two of the Iced Leggero pods and its strong, but you can add more creamer to dilute it a bit or you can just use one .
Basically, make it your own.
Vanilla Iced Coffee Ingredients
- Brewed coffee: All youll need for this is freshly brewed coffee from your coffee pot.
- Sweetened condensed milk: This is the secret ingredient that will make your coffee sweet and creamy.
- Milk: A little bit of milk ups the creamy factor for the coffee.
- Vanilla extract: A hint of vanilla extract is where we get our vanilla flavor from!
- Ice cubes: To cool the hot coffee down.
- Cinnamon: A dash of cinnamon at the end makes this extra yummy.
What Is Vanilla Iced Coffee
Before getting into the recipe, what exactly is a vanilla iced coffee?
A vanilla iced coffee is a very popular summer drink because it has the perfect balance of sweet and robust flavors. Its made by mixing brewed coffee, vanilla syrup, and ice cubes until it becomes nice and icy.
The great thing about this recipe is the way its made. You can use any brewed coffee you like the most , and you probably have all the ingredients already at home.
Before getting into the recipe, let me tell you a bit more about all the ingredients used, so you can collect them and get started with this easy recipe:
You May Like: Top Shelf Margarita Pitcher Recipe
Perfect Pairings For Iced Coffee
Now that your bevvie is in hand, lets get you a snacker, shall we? Tis summer after all and you deserve it!
Except that you already are home. Making your own creamy, sweet, perfect iced coffees like a dang barista-champion.
How To Make Vanilla Iced Coffee
If you are in a hurry but you need something that gives a good kick to your coffee or if you just want something more vanilla-y in your coffee, try iced coffee. It is not only delicious, its actually really easy to make and its almost the same as regular coffee.
Recommended Reading: Barbecue Sauce Recipe With Ketchup
How To Make Vanilla Coffee
If you are looking to make a delicious iced coffee without buying the expensive flavored syrups or powdered mixes, then you can make your own iced vanilla coffee. Many people keep a few essentials on hand in their kitchen and a vanilla bean will be one of them. A few things you will need for this recipe include: a vanilla bean, water, a coffee filter, and the rest of your ingredients. Start by opening the pod with a paring knife and gently scrape the seeds from the pod into a small bowl. Use your fingers to scrape as much of the sweet flavor from the vanilla bean as possible, because you dont want to use much. To extract the flavor from the vanilla bean, place the bean in the bowl and fill it with enough water to cover the bean. Let it sit for a few minutes, then transfer the vanilla bean and water to a blender and blend until you are left with a smooth liquid. Pour this liquid into a coffee filter, then place the filter into a pitcher. Pour your desired amount of water into the pitcher until it fills the bottom of the filter, then add your ground coffee. Let the coffee steep for at least five minutes, and then discard the coffee and filter. You are now ready to make the iced coffee. Simply add a few ounces of water to the pitcher and let it sit for two to three minutes, until the coffee cools. Then, add in the rest of your ingredients and serve.
Iced Vanilla Latte Recipe
By Jesseca on August 3, 2022
Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, I will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.
Cool down with this sweet Iced Vanilla Latte all summer. It is a refreshing way to get your daily cup of Joe and easier than you would think to whip up!
I have dozens of coffee recipes on the site that are all delicious! If you are a fan of copycat recipes, be sure to try my Mocha Frappe Recipe,
Don’t Miss: Easy Cocktail Recipes To Make At Home
Vanilla Iced Coffee: An Easy 5
If you love coffee, youll love this refreshing, delicious, and easy drink that is quick to make and works well in any season.
The vanilla flavor makes it a perfect drink for the spring and summertime, but you can also enjoy it throughout the year.
Ive been making my own iced coffee for a few years now, and I must say, the process is super simple, and the taste is so much better than anything I could buy at a store.
Starbucks Iced Vanilla Latte
Their iced vanilla latte lists as ingredients on the bottle:
- Reduced-fat milk — like we do! It also lists skim milk which makes me think whether there is a mixture of both in their latte.
- Brewed Starbucks espresso coffee you can use theirs or buy any of your likings!
- Sugar and natural flavors but you can choose any of your choices.
Their coffee bottle sold in the fridge of several grocery stores describes their iced drink as smooth vanilla flavor with bold espresso and creamy milk!
+ Best Iced Coffee Recipes In 2022
Is there anything better on a hot day than a cold glass of iced coffee? It is the perfect refresher, and with so many different iced coffee recipes out there, you can tailor it to your own taste. Whether you like yours sweet and creamy or plain and strong, weve got you covered.
Here are 20+ iced coffee recipes for 2022:
Homemade Caramel Vanilla Iced Coffee
July 27, 2019 by Amber
Homemade Caramel Vanilla Iced Coffee is the perfect mixture of vanilla syrup, caramel sauce, strongly brewed coffee and some half-and-half to bring the coffeehouse into your own home.
My go-to coffeehouse order is an iced coffee with a little creamer and a bit of caramel sauce. No matter the time of year or the weather outside, I love my iced coffee. Iced coffee also happens to be a better option for lower calories and lower sugar than many other menu items. Im looking at you White Chocolate Mocha . This Homemade Caramel Vanilla Iced Coffee is perfect to make at home to not only control what goes in your beverage but also saves you a ton of money.
Don’t Miss: Red Snapper Drink Recipe Gin
What Kind Of Dairy/milk Should I Use For This Vanilla Iced Coffee
You can use milk, half and half, or evaporated milk or you can make it dairy-free/vegan by using any favorite non-dairy, plant-based milk, like, soy, oat, cashew, almond, rice, etc. milk .
How Should I Brew my coffee for this Vanilla Iced Coffee recipe?
I did the Pour Over Coffee method for brewing this coffee in this Vanilla Iced Coffee recipe but you can brew the coffee really however you prefer, like Cold Brew , automatic drip, etc.
I linked to the exact Cosori pour-over coffee canter and the Cosori Gooseneck kettle in the recipe card at the end of the post.
Ingredients For This Recipe
- Vanilla Simple Syrup – a homemade version is easier than can be to make, trust me.
- Brewed Coffee – you can either use coffee thats been brewed traditionally and chilled in the fridge or try it with cold brew coffee.
- Cream whatever kind you prefer! For us its classic half & half, but this recipe can also be made with your favorite kind of dairy or dairy-alternative.
Also Check: Low Fat Low Sugar Dessert Recipes
How To Store Coffee
To store coffee properly, you should use only a dark container. This will protect the coffee from light. Also, be sure to store your coffee in a cooler place, and never refrigerate it. When buying beans, try to buy from a company with fair trade certification. This will help to ensure that the beans are fairly traded. Also, only buy your coffee ground. If you dont grind the beans yourself, its a good idea to buy your coffee whole. When you grind coffee beans, you expose the beans to air and moisture, which can lead to spoilage. If you do buy your coffee beans already ground, only use filter coffee. This will help to reduce the amount of chemicals in the coffee, and make it a more natural drink.
Other Tips And Tricks On This Iced Vanilla Latte Recipe
- If you have an espresso machine, then you can sub in 2 shots chilled espresso for the coffee in the recipe.
- Love cold brew? You can use it in this recipe for a different spin! HERE is a recipe for cold brew so that you can make it right at home!
- Instead of ice, freeze extra coffee in an ice tray and use it in the iced latte to avoid it getting watered down!
- It is up to you whether you would like to use milk or half-and-half in the recipe. Personally, I am a half-and-half person.
- Homemade vanilla simple syrup is an amazing alternative for store-bought vanilla syrup but that is totally optional!
Also Check: Raw Vegan Recipes For Weight Loss
How To Make The Perfect Cup Of Coffee
Making the perfect cup of coffee is an art form. There are many different ways to make it, but the most common is the French press. This is a great way to enjoy a great cup of coffee at home or at work. It is a bit more complicated to make than the others, so if youre new to coffee, I recommend the others for your first attempt. There are many different techniques for making the perfect cup of coffee. The most common way to make a good cup of coffee is to use water thats just been boiled. Then youll add some milk or cream. Lastly, youll add coffee. In the coffee bean, theres an enzyme called a chlorophyllase. This helps the body to break down the caffeine in the bean and release the caffeine that will eventually be in your coffee. If you use good water, fresh milk or cream, and coffee thats been freshly ground, youll get a delicious cup of coffee.
Tips On How To Make Easy Syrup:
Making simple syrup is very easy. You will use a one-to-one ratio for making simple syrup and only need two ingredients. To make simple syrup you will need water and granulated sugar. You can boil the mixture together so that it does not separate, and then refrigerate to chill. After your mixture is chilled, you can add it to your coffee as desired to sweeten your iced coffee.
Don’t Miss: Campbells Mushroom Cooking Soup Recipes
Why You Will Love This Recipe
- It’s quick – just 1 minute when your coffee is brewed
- It’s easy – just season your coffee, ice it, and top with some milk
- It uses basic ingredients – just regular brew coffee, vanilla sugar or extract, milk, and ice
- It’s delicious and refreshing and everything an ice coffee should be
- It’s cheap – homemade is just a fraction of the price at Starbucks
- It’s healthy – there’s a tiny bit of sugar in that vanilla sugar, but thre’s no need for a super sweet syrup
Can I Refrigerate Coffee To Make Iced Coffee
Yes, it is one of the methods for making iced coffee, however, this requires some preplanning.
If you dont have time to wait for coffee to chill in the refrigerator, simply use one of the quick chill methods listed above in the Pro Tips section.
You CAN simply brew an extra pot of coffee, pour it in a pitcher or jar in the morning and set it in the fridge and let that be your iced coffee pitcher for the day.
That said, dont just keep coffee indefinitely for iced coffee, it wont be good. Make a fresh pot each day.
Read Also: Publix Key Lime Pie Recipe
How To Make Vanilla Syrup:
In addition to the cold brew, I made my own vanilla bean syrup. Im so glad I did. Not only was is really easy, but the flavor was so much better than the store-bought bottled stuff and gives this vanilla iced coffee the perfect amount of flavor.
Making syrup is simply a matter of bringing sugar, water, vanilla, and a vanilla bean to a simmer. Youll dissolve the sugar, and then let cool. Thats it!!
Oat Milk: To Make Or Buy
Oat milks is a definite go-to when it comes to plant-based milks for us. Its thicker, super creamy, the flavor is really mild and the general oat-iness is just so delicious. ALDI Friendly Farms brand oat milk is pretty top notch in terms of creamy richness, but Oatly, Chobani and Forager are also great!
If you are really looking to win some medals, you could also MAKE YOUR OWN oat milk and for that we bow down to you. Actually, its much easier and quicker to make than other nut milks. Heres a great how-to post if youre looking to make your own!
Also Check: Heart Healthy Instant Pot Recipes
Nutritional Value In A Cup Of Vanilla Iced Coffee
With the above recipe, the calories per cup of vanilla iced coffee will be about 267 calories. Note total calories are estimates only. The nutritional composition may vary depending on the ingredients you use in this recipe. If you want to use this recipe at home, you can completely customize the amount of sweetener to your liking.
How The Vanilla Iced Coffee Comes Together:
To make the iced coffee recipe, I added a shot of my homemade vanilla syrup, along with 1/2 c. of the cold brew coffee over coffee iced cubes. FYI making coffee ice cubes is a great way to not end up with watered-down iced coffee.
From here, youll add half and half , or your choice of milk. Voila!! Youve got an amazing iced coffee drink in just moments!
Is half and half not your thing? Here are some other milk suggestions that are great in this iced coffee:
- Whole Milk, 2% or Skim Dairy Milk
- Heavy Cream
Read Also: Vodka And Orange Juice Recipe
Vanilla Iced Latte Ingredients
- Brewed Coffee . This adds more coffee flavor while also making your latte nice and cold. And unlike regular ice cubes, it wont water down your drink in the process!
- Milk. Whole milk will give you the creamiest results, but you can use any kind you prefer, including plant-based.
- Instant Coffee. You can choose decaffeinated or caffeinated and also adjust the quantity to make it as strong as you like.
- Sugar. Feel free to swap this with any sweetener you like- just adjust the amount for your desired taste. I often actually use stevia since its calorie-free.
- Hot Water. This helps dissolve the sugar to make a syrup.
- Vanilla Extract. Adds a nice bit of delicious flavor!
Lavender Vanilla Iced Latte Recipe
A lavender vanilla iced latte is another flavorful departure from traditional vanilla coffees.
The recipe uses dried culinary lavender, fresh lavender sprigs, vanilla beans, and vanilla extract to create a lavender-vanilla syrup. Mix with milk and espresso for a unique, spring-like treat. Plus, lavender may offer health benefits when ingested .
Heres our own lavender latte recipe if you wish to make one.
Also Check: Best Juicing Recipes For Heart Health
Meal Prep Tools For Iced Coffee
- Pick up some coffee beans or pre-ground coffee such as Lavazza
- You may need a coffee grinder if you’re using fresh whole beans
- Check out the it’s a great little coffee maker to use at home and it brews espresso shots too
- And if you’re feeling really lazy and just want your coffee already, these iced coffee syrups are an AWESOME way to jazz up your summer drinks!
Sweet Cinnamon Vanilla Latte
Just when you thought your classic vanilla latte couldnt get any better, the addition of one of our favorite spices you guessed it, good old cinnamon takes it to the next level. Though our recipe outlines all the steps for making this drink hot, it tastes just as good served over ice. Give it a try were sure youll like it.
Don’t Miss: Bush’s Chili Beans Recipe On Back Of Can