How To Bake Boneless Pork Chops
Once youve got your seasonings, you can get the pork chops ready for baking. Pat dry the meat with paper towels and rub with oil. Then rub the seasoning mixture to cover all sides of the meat.
Put the pork chops on a baking sheet with any veggies you want to include such as broccoli or halves baby potatoes. Then cover loosely with foil and bake at 400°F in the oven.
Heres how to guarantee juicy boneless pork chops:
How To Season Baked Pork Chops:
Similar to chicken, pork does a brilliant job of adopting whatever flavors you choose to use in your seasonings. Im a big fan of the simple garlic powder/salt/pepper mix in the recipe below, which goes with just about any cuisine. But if youd like to mix things up, feel free to sub in any of your favorite dry seasoning mixes, such as:
- optional: lemon wedges, for serving
Easy Oven Baked Pork Chops
Oven Baked Pork Chops seasoned with a quick spice rub and baked to perfection. This easy baked pork chop recipe produces tender, juicy and flavorful pork chops every time!
Pork chops baked in the oven are a great and easy meal made with simple pantry ingredients, and only takes about 30 minutes from start to finish! Boneless pork chops are seasoned with a flavorful dry rub and oven baked on a sheet pan or baking dish to juicy perfection.
This oven pork chop recipe is one to have in your cooking repertoire, especially for busy weeknights or on weekends when you really dont feel like cooking a complicated meal.
For a complete meal, we love serving these tasty oven baked pork chops with a simple salad, roasted fingerling potatoes, these tasty sauteed green beans or with maple oven roasted sweet potatoes.
Read Also: Sugar Cookie Recipe For Kids
A Simple Rub Makes All The Difference
Before the boneless pork chops go into the oven to bake, a simple rub is sprinkled all over both sides.
All the ingredients in the rub are pretty basic pantry staples. This includes salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, and paprika.
Almost all of the spices are used in equal amounts so its super simple to mix up and makes a big impact on the flavor.
Ingredients For These Pork Chops With Apples:
My Apple Pork Chops come together in a single skillet and you only need a handful of simple ingredients to whip them up.
- maple syrup
For the pork chops, you can use any pork chops you like. Ive made this recipe with bone-in chops before, and Im using boneless loin chops now. Bone-in chops potentially need a longer cooking time, so keep that in mind if you decide to use them.
I prefer using apples that keep their shape while cooking. Gala or Braeburn are my favorites.
The white wine is completely optional, and the alcohol should mostly cook off. But it adds a delicious taste. You can just use additional chicken stock in place of the wine if you prefer.
For the mustard, I prefer a whole grain French mustard. In fact, my husband regularly buys the most expensive French mustard known to mankind to me. Its extremely delicious, so I dont complain too much about it.
In case you want to try the mustard, its this one:
The maple syrup is quite important to add flavor to the sauce, but if it irks you a lot to add sweetness to an otherwise savory dish, feel free to taste the sauce before adding it so you can decide if you want to add it or not.
Don’t Miss: Old Fashioned Beef Stew Recipe Crock Pot
What Seasonings Are Best For Pork Chops
Similar to chicken breast, pork is mild in flavor, so you have lots of options for adding flavor. Here are a few suggestions:
- Keep it simple and use salt, pepper, a fresh herb like thyme, and lemon wedges scattered around the pan. This is what weve done in our photos, and the recipe shared below.
- For chili powder based seasoning, we love using a combination of ancho or our homemade chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, and black pepper. Combine one teaspoon of everything listed, except use only 1/2 teaspoon of smoked paprika and 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
- We love using a blend of brown sugar, grated lemon zest, and smoked paprika for a sweet citrus rub. Use one tablespoon brown sugar, one teaspoon lemon zest, and 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika.
- A combination of fresh herbs, Dijon mustard, and lemon is classic.
- Italian seasoning, Zaatar seasoning, and taco seasoning are also excellent.
When Are The Pork Chops Done
Youll know these oven baked pork chops are good to go when they reach an internal temperature of 145 °F. As mentioned above, this usually takes about 25-30 minutes in the oven but for fool-proof cooking, check them at the 20 minute mark with a digital instant-read thermometer to know for sure. All ovens are different so they make take a little less time or a little more depending on the brand of oven.
Don’t Miss: Healthy Easy Food Recipes To Lose Weight
How Long Should Pork Chops Be Baked At 375 Degrees
The first step entails: Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Seasonings of choice should be mixed together. Combine paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper in a mixing bowl.
Step two: Using non-stick cooking spray, coat a 913-inch baking dish. In a baking dish, place the chops.
Step three: Drizzle olive oil over the tops of the pork chops before sprinkling the seasoning mixture on top.
Step four: Bake for 18-25 minutes, depending on the thickness of the chop, in a preheated oven at 375 degrees. Use a meat thermometer to ensure that the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees. Check the temperature after 12 minutes of cooking if using 1/2-inch pork chops.
Boneless Pork Chops In Creamy Garlic And Herb Wine Sauce
Best Baked Thin Boneless Pork Chops from Boneless Pork Chops in Creamy Garlic and Herb Wine Sauce. Source Image: whatsinthepan.com. Visit this site for details: whatsinthepan.com
Next time, I may simply add a flax egg to the mix to aid hold it with each other, however I really did not have any kind of concerns with them being completely dry as others have actually claimed. They were a little bit difficult to keep together prior to they were cooked however after that they were completely fine.
Recommended Reading: Hershey Cocoa Powder Fudge Recipe
Ingredient Oven Baked Pork Chops
While you can use simple olive oil, salt, and pepper, in my experience the best pork chop seasoning is a marinade!
- Pork chop marinade I might be cheating a bit by calling the pork chop marinade one of 3 ingredients, but its so quick to throw together that it might as well be. The marinade itself contains 5 ingredients, can be made in advance, and you probably have what you need to make this at home!
- Pork chops You can make bone-in or boneless baked pork chops. See below for how to choose and what to look for.
- Butter Just a bit for flavor! But if you prefer to avoid it, any heat-safe oil will do.
Tips For Making Baked Pork Chops
- Use a 9×13 baking dish. This is the perfect size for the four pork chops were using in this recipe. The key is to have a baking dish that doesnt leave a lot of extra room around the edges so the juices dont burn on the bottom of the pan. If you notice they are burning, just add a small splash of water to the pan.
- Check the temp. The internal temperature of pork should be 145ºF. Once it reaches that, take the pork chops out right away so as not to overcook them!
- Let it rest. After the meat is done cooking, let the pork chops rest for 10 minutes before slicing and serving. This gives the flavor and moisture time to settle back into the meat.
Don’t Miss: Mac And Cheese Dinner Recipes
What Temperature Should Pork Chops Be Cooked To
You can now cook pork to 145 °F. I recommend using a solid digital meat thermometer to check your temperatures and make sure they are cooked correctly. I personally use a Thermapen which is excellent because it gives you a reading right away without losing too much heat from the oven/bbq/etc. They also come in pretty colors like this:
Why You’ll Love These Baked Pork Chops
- 100% juicy pork chops. truth!
- With these chops, in just over 20 minutes you can be sitting down to a healthy and delicious dinner.
- The easy spice rub, made with spices you probably have in your pantry right now, makes the chops taste amazing.
- Pork chops are a budget-friendly protein option. Knowing how to cook them so they don’t dry out will make your dinners less expensive and more delicious.
- Easily made with bone-in or boneless pork chops. Choose whichever you like best!
- The pork chops create their own bit of sauce which you can spoon over the veggies on your plate. It’s delicious.
- They are low-carb, gluten-free, paleo, and a healthy dinner recipe!
Also Check: Old Fashioned Hot Toddy Recipe
How To Bake Boneless Pork Loin Chops In Oven
- Baking time: I recommend a slightly shorter baking time because its best to check pork chops early rather than late. Broil them until they reach an internal temperature of 140 degrees Fahrenheit, which may take a few minutes longer than the recipe calls for. My pork chops were somewhat thicker than an inch and took 14 minutes to bake.
- Seasoning: Season the chops on both sides and around the edges with salt and pepper. Thats how you pack as much flavor as possible into each bite!
- Resting time: Do not skip the resting period it is essential for tenderizing the meat.
Boneless Pork Chops In Oven:
It is so fast and easy. You will love this any night of the week! This baked pork chops recipe is so juicy and tender.
Considering this can be ready in under 20 minutes, you will love having this on the menu plan for busy weeks. Not only will it save you time but money as well.
I bet you cant get take out or zip through and get fast food in that amount of time and get back home. Make this delicious meal instead!
Everyone will love it. This is a great example of a meal that you can prepare during the week with very little work.
Recommended Reading: Cookies And Cream Milkshake Recipe
Boneless Baked Pork Chops
A new favorite is definitely on the horizon since I made these Garlic Baked Pork Chops! I personally love garlic so this was an obvious win for me! By searing the pork chops before baking them it locks in flavor and makes them so pretty too.
Speaking of pretty and delicious pork chops. These pork chops came from ButcherBox. Ever heard of them? ButcherBox is pretty much the most convenient thing ever and every busy familys dream come true!
If you are reading my blog Im guessing this just might be you!
Have You Heard of ButcherBox?
Does having a box of grass-fed beef, heritage breed pork and pastured chicken that magically show up at your door step every month sound amazing? Think about how much that would simplify your grocery runs! Did I mention that its less than $6.00 per meal?
Simple grocery runs are a must in my life, especially when dragging multiple children with.
If this sounds awesome you are going to want to make sure you sign up for ButcherBox!
Oh, wait I forgot to mention one of the best parts! They are partnering with me to offer you FREE Boneless Pork Chops + $10 Off and Free Shipping on your first order!
Juicy Grilled Pork Chops
When the weather is hot and I’m craving pork, this is the recipe I always make. I’ve made it so many times that it’s become one of those back pocket recipes. You know the kind I’m talking about, right? The recipe that you make again and again until you stop measuring the ingredients and make it by memory.
These grilled pork chops are about to become your back pocket recipe.
Recommended Reading: Frito Lay French Onion Dip Recipe
Recommended Internal Temperature For Pork
Wondering when your pork is done and safe to be eaten? I highly recommend investing in a meat thermometer. I check pretty much everything I cook and bake with mine to make sure Im at the accurate temperature.
The US governments food safety website recommends cooking all pork to an internal temperature of at least 145°F followed by a 3 minute rest for safe consumption.
What Kind Of Seasoning Should I Use For Oven Baked Pork Chops
- When seasoning pork, the sky is the limit! Pork chops are incredibly versatile. They have a mild flavor and can take to different kinds of seasoning.
- For this easy pork chop recipe, I seasoned the pork with a simple dry rub made with brown sugar, garlic powder, paprika and Italian seasoning.
- Spices like cumin and chili powder are also wonderful seasonings for pork chops. Take a look at these Baked Pork Chops with Southwest Dried Rub. They are so flavorful and easy to make!
Also Check: Meals On A Tight Budget Recipes
Free: 5 Secrets To Fast Healthy Dinners
Im so excited to show you this guide for how to cook pork chops perfectly every time! This baked pork chops recipe in the oven is super simple, but thats exactly why you need it in your recipe arsenal. Try it soon, its a great staple meal.
One of my favorite things ever here at Wholesome Yum is to show you the basics of how to cook everything in the oven from chicken legs to steak to even lobster tail and now, how to cook pork chops in the oven.
Its a popular cooking method for so many things, and when it comes to meat, the stovetop-to-oven method Im about to show you is unbeatable. And so, SO easy.
How Long Do Boneless Pork Chops Take To Cook At 350 Degrees
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit .
- In a baking pan, place the pork chops. 1 teaspoon butter, 1 teaspoon mayonnaise, 1 teaspoon butter, 1 teaspoon mayonnaise, 1 teaspoon butter, 1 teaspoon mayonnaise, 1 teaspoon mayonnaise, 1 teaspoon butter, 1 teaspoon mayonnaise, 1
- Preheat the oven to 350F and bake the chops for 35 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 145F .
You May Like: Recipes Using What I Have
Sides That Go Well With Pork Chops:
If you make this recipe, follow on Instagram, snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I’d love to see what you’re making!
This post contains affiliate links. For more information, please visit my disclosure page here.
Watch the Web Stories here.
If you like this Garlic Butter Baked Pork Chops recipe, please share it with your friends and family. Do you want to taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter, and follow Primavera Kitchen on , , , and for all delicious recipe updates. As always, I really appreciate you stopping by.
How To Cook Baked Pork Chops
First, as the chops sit on the onion slices and bake away, the onion flavor is imparted upon them. But no fear, its not a crazy oniony taste that will cause your kids to revolt but a nice, subtle flavor boost.
The second plus is that once the chops are done cooking, the onions have softened and become seasoned with the rub, barbecue sauce and pork juices, which makes for a great topping to your chops.
TIP: You could easily double or triple the amounts and keep the extra in an airtight container to have it ready for next time.
You May Like: Bloody Mary Recipe With Premade Mix
Boneless Pork Chops In Creamy Garlic Spinach Sauce
Best Baked Thin Boneless Pork Chops from Boneless Pork Chops in Creamy Garlic Spinach Sauce. Source Image: . Visit this site for details:
Our choice of baking recipes is ideal for a rainy day, a birthday or when you need some reflective time in the cooking area. Theres a dish right here to suit every occasion: tasty homemade buns, crisp as well as chewy biscuits, cute cupcakes and also decadent chocolate brownies.
The Secret To Juicy Baked Pork Chops
- Type of Pork Chop: Choose chops that are at least 1-inch thick. Thin chops tend to always dry up when baked. You can use bone-in or boneless pork chops for this recipe with great success.
- Cooking Time: All pork chops are not created equal. Some are thinner, thicker, have extra fat on the edges, etc. Think of the cooking time in this recipe as a guideline. To ensure succulent and juicy pork, you need to check the internal temperature with an instant-read thermometer a few times during the last part of the baking.
- Internal Temperature: Remove the pork chops from the oven when they reach an internal temperature of 140 degrees Fahrenheit and allow them to rest for 5 minutes before serving them or slicing them. During this period of time called carryover cooking, the temperature of the meat will rise to 145 degrees, which is the USDAssafe temperature guideline for consuming pork chops.
Also Check: Shredded Chicken Sandwich With Mayo Recipe