Simple Corn And Black Bean Salsa Recipe
This is one of my favorite summertime dinnersa big bowl of rainbow-colored bean salsa, a bag of chips, and the front porch. It doesnt get easier than that! Now I see a good 37% of you rolling your eyes and saying, Um, salsa isnt a meal. When you do it like this? It totally is.
This black bean salsa recipe is super fun and easy to make. The bright yellow sweet corn swirls together with the vibrant red tomatoes, bold green bell peppers, and earthy black beans in a cacophony of yummy color.
Not only does this corn and black bean salsa look great on your plate, but its also nourishing, hearty, and delicious. Crisp tomatoes, a hint of fresh lime, hearty black beans, and a burst of sweetness from the corn combine to make the perfect black bean salsa.
Health Benefits Of Black Beans
Black beans are an amazing superfood that has some incredible health benefits. They are high in protein, high in fiber, low in sugar and sodium which makes them great for weight loss . Theyre also a good source of many essential nutrients including folate, vitamin K, iron, manganese, magnesium, and phosphorus.
Complex carbohydrates in black beans help to break down slowly in the digestive tract and keep blood sugar stable for hours after you eat them making this yummy salsa a great food choice for diabetics too.
The Last Black Bean And Corn Salsa Recipe Youll Ever Need
Were so confident that youll LOVE this corn and bean salsa recipe, that we think you should just go ahead and print extra copies for your friends right now. It really is that good! The combination of fresh ingredients, the variety of textures, and the flavor-enhancing chili-lime vinaigrette make this homemade salsa a winner!
Not only does this homemade black bean corn salsa recipe hit high marks on everyones flavor chart, but its also chock full of real-food nutrition! Scroll down to see some ingredient highlights and the printable recipe card with instructions, as well as the complete nutrition analysis.
You May Like: Healthy Crock Pot Recipes For Weight Loss
Tips & Variations For The Best Black Bean & Corn Salsa
Below, find a collection of tips and variations to help you make the best salsa on the planet.
- Slice the veggies into similar-sized pieces. Slicing the veggies into equal-sized pieces will make all the difference when it comes to nailing the texture and getting the perfect dip with your tortilla chips.
- Grill the corn to add a smokey flavor. To add a pretty pop of color and smokiness to the salsa, grill the corn on the cob. You could also grill the tomatoes or bell pepper for a similar effect.
- Swap out the lime juice for Italian dressing. If you want a zestier salsa, swap out the lime juice and oil for your favorite Italian dressing.
- Play around with the veggies. As long as the veggies are crunchy, they are welcome! Feel free to swap in or add jicama, asparagus, radishes, carrots, cucumbers, or zucchini to the mix.
- Add in fresh fruit. Add in some diced pineapple or mangoes for a sweet pop of flavor to contrast the earthiness of the black beans.
- Sprinkle in some tangy cheese. Crumbled feta or cojita cheese are great additions to this salsa. Just make sure not to over-salt the salsa if youre going to add cheese.
How To Make It
Also Check: Plant Based Recipes For Meat Lovers
Why This Salsa Is The Best
First of all, this black bean corn salsa isn’t just a salsa! It can even be served as a delicious cold bean salad that would be great for potlucks and cookouts! You can enjoy the leftovers for a light lunch or serve it up as a healthy side dish for dinner! Of course, it’s also healthy and full of only the good nutrition and taste you want!
- Only 10 Whole Food Ingredients
- Less Than 10 Minutes To Make
- Easy Make-Ahead Dip, Salad, or Side for Parties, Cookouts, & Potlucks!
Easy Black Bean And Corn Salsa:
Recommended Reading: Campbells Mushroom Cooking Soup Recipes
Ingredients To Make Black Bean And Corn Salsa
Here are the pantry staples and fresh ingredients to gather to make this easy black bean corn salsa at home. The only other thing you need is some tortilla chips for serving:
- Black beans youll need a 15-ounce can of black beans can sub canned black-eye peas or pinto beans, if desired
- Canned corn we call for a 15-ounce can of corn, but you can also use frozen and thawed corn or fresh corn cut from the cob
- Roma tomatoes we love to use Roma tomatoes because they hold up well in this salsa, but you can use any type of fresh tomato
- Sweet bell pepper youll need 1 small bell pepper, or for more color, use half of a small green bell pepper and half of a small red bell pepper
- Red onion can sub in half of a small white or yellow onion
- Fresh cilantro of course you can skip this ingredient if you dont like cilantro, but we love the fresh flavor that it adds, so we include a generous amount
- Jalapeño may omit, if you desire less heat
- Avocado this adds a wonderful creaminess to the black bean and corn salsa, as well as healthy fats to help you absorb all the vitamins in the other ingredients
For the Chile-Lime Vinaigrette:
Want a more tropical twist? Add some drained and diced pineapple or mango to this salsa.
Southwest Black Bean And Corn Salsa
Easy southwestern black bean and corn salsa made with canned black beans, corn, bell pepper, onion and jalapeno. Delicious as a dip or a side dish!
Chips and dip. Texas hospitality at its finest yall.
Everybody has their signature salsa, guacamole, queso etc. Torchys Tacos has the glorious Green Chile Queso. Hands down my favorite queso in the state and so much mystery surrounding what ingredients go into the golden concoction. I once heard that they kept the recipe guarded and prepared said queso behind a curtain. Chuys has their Jalapeno Ranch And then there is the ubiquitous red salsa with infinite flavor variations.
Don’t Miss: Recipes Using Sunflower Seed Butter
Recipe Tips And Variations
- Yield: This recipe makes 8 appetizer-size portions, but the recipe is easily doubled or tripled to feed more.
- Storage: Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Make ahead: All the ingredients can be prepped a day in advance and tossed together 1 hour before serving time.
- Sweeter: For a similar recipe with a little sugar in it, try Cowboy Caviar.
- More mix-ins: Fold in chopped avocado, diced jalapeño or serrano chiles, or a dash or two of hot sauce, if desired.
- Serving ideas: Tortilla chips are a classic choice, but anything from pita chips and crackers to bell pepper wedges and cucumber slices also taste amazing. Or try this dip as a condiment: spoon it over grilled chicken, steak, or pork.
Ways To Enjoy This Salsa
- Serve this Black Beans and Corn Salsa as an appetizer with tortilla chips.
- Make tacos. Grab some tortillas, chicken/shrimp/tofu, salsa and any toppings you prefer and make tacos.
- Top any salad with this tasty salsa.
- As a side dish. Serve it on the side with your favorite meals!
- In a wrap. Add a generous amount of hummus on top of a large flour tortilla, add some salsa, chicken or shrimp, and wrap it.
- This salsa would be great with any of these recipes: Roasted Fingerling Potatoes, Rice and Beans, Potato Tacos, Chicken Rice Casserole, Chicken and Yellow Rice Skillet& more!
I hope you’ll enjoy this fresh, bright, and vibrant appetizer! It’s tasty, hearty, and healthy and a welcome break from the heavy dishes. Its delicious enough to add to any meal, but you dont have to feel guilty if you decide to eat the whole bowl!
You May Like: Frozen Fruit Smoothie Recipes For Weight Loss
Ideas To Serve Black Bean Corn Salsa
Party Appetizer This salsa is always a hit at a party whether you serve it as a dip, or portion it out into individual cups. Its also great for BBQs, picnics, or holidays like Fourth of July, Labor Day and Memorial Day. Make it with my sweet fruit salsa!
Nachos Topping Add this salsa on top of nachos with some cheese, and you have a snack worth hurrying for.
The Best Taco Salad Some of this salsa over crisp lettuce, add some cheese maybe even a little tomato salsa too for a taco salad that delicious. A great way to eat leftovers too!
Stuffed Spuds Make bake potatoes and top with black bean corn salsa, sour cream and a sprinkle of salt. Try adding chicken too!
Wrap It Whether you prefer a cold wrap, or a cheesy quesadilla style wrap, adding this salsa to a wrap with some cheese, guac, chicken or even shrimp makes a great dinner.
Add to soup Have leftovers? Try adding any extra to my black bean salsa soup recipe, or adding leftover salsa on top as a garnish.
Other Recipes You Will Love
Classic Italian Cold Pasta Salad Quick to throw together and tastes even better if you make it the night before!
Easy Summer Pesto Pasta Salad Basil, tomato and cheese come together is a delicious summer salad.
Veggie Tortilla Pinwheel Rollups- A ranch flavored spread topped with crunchy vegetables then rolled and sliced to make one delicious cold appetizer!
Mini Turkey Burger Sliders With Cheese Perfect size for kids, or for adults eating two! These mini sliders are juicy every time.
Don’t Miss: Keto Diet Recipes For Air Fryer
How To Make Black Bean And Corn Salsa
While the prep work will take a bit, slicing and dicing is the only thing keeping you from the perfect summertime snack!
Add extra flavor to this corn salsa recipe with grilled corn. Heres how: Heat grill to high heat. Brush extra virgin olive oil on a husked ear of corn. Place the corn directly on the grill, close the lid, and cook for about 3 to 4 minutes on each side. It should take about 12 to 15 minutes total. Let the corn cool for a few minutes and slice the kernels off the cob. Let the corn cool completely before adding it into the salsa.
Healthy Ingredients In Black Bean And Corn Salsa
This incredibly fresh homemade black bean corn salsa is popping with flavor AND health. In fact, every single ingredient in this salsa is bringing some important nutrition to the table. Heres more about a few of the all-star healthy ingredients:
- beans one of our favorite staple healthy ingredients, beans are chock full of good-for-digestion fiber, plant-based protein, and heart-healthy minerals like potassium, magnesium, and iron
- corn corn kernels are an antioxidant-rich whole grain that contains fiber, vitamins, and powerful carotenoids that are good for your eye and brain health
- tomatoes this bright ingredient is a rich source of vitamin C, as well as an antioxidant called lycopene, that is great for your heart health, skin protection, and fighting off free radicals
- avocado most well-known for its heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids, avocados are also a great source of several essential vitamins and minerals that help with metabolism, brain function, and keeping skin healthy
- olive oil or avocado oil also a great source of beneficial fats, both of these oils can help you absorb fat-soluble vitamins that are in the other ingredients in this black bean and corn salsa
- lime juice a great source of immune-boosting vitamin C, lime juice can also help with iron absorption and promote healthy skin
Free Corn Or Wheat Stock Photo
Corn And Wheat. Here are a number of highest rated Corn And Wheat pictures upon internet. We identified it from obedient source. Its submitted by supervision in the best field. We tolerate this nice of Corn And Wheat graphic could possibly be the most trending topic next we portion it in google gain or facebook.
In A Word Haggard Pearlsofprofundity, Johnnie Walker Black Label 12 Year Old Speyside Origin Whisky 1 Liter, You Have Been Diagnosed With Mycotoxin Illness Now What Indoordoctor, Florida Wax Scale Ceroplastes Floridensis On Holly Ilex Spp,
Black Bean Salsa Variations
There are so many ways to make this black bean salsa your own! Use this recipe as a base then add to it or swap ingredients depending on your mood!
- For a spicy version: Leave the seeds of the jalapeno in the mix and/or add some chipotle peppers in adobo, red pepper flakes, or cayenne pepper.
- For a cheesy version: Add some crumbly cotija cheese for extra creaminess.
- For a smoky flavor: Use a can of fire roasted tomatoes instead of plain diced tomatoes.
- To make black bean and corn salad: Add chopped sweet bell peppers and avocado. Avocado browns quickly, so if youre making this in advance, wait to add the avocado until right before serving.
Also Check: Weight Watchers Turkey Chili Recipe
Tips For Making The Best Salsa
If you have time, I recommend letting the salsa sit in the refrigerator for an hour or two to help the flavors and juices really meld together and soak into the corn and beans. It makes such a difference!
If its summertime and you want to take advantage of using fresh corn, feel free to do that as well! Youll need about 2 cups of freshly cooked corn, which is about 6-8 ears of fresh corn.
Black Bean And Corn Salsa Flavor Variations
This salsa is delicious as-is, but you can switch up the ingredients to customize the flavors to your tastes.
- Tomatoes: Instead of diced Roma tomatoes, try chopped cherry tomatoes or use a can of fire roasted tomatoes thats been drained.
- Corn: Some stores sell frozen roasted corn kernels, which adds a smoky flavor to the salsa. You can also grill fresh corn for a similar flavor.
- Veggies: Feel free to add other vegetables to the salsa such as roasted diced poblano peppers, bell peppers or even diced grilled zucchini.
- Avocado: In my opinion, avocado makes everything better. Try dicing a medium one and adding it into the salsa.
You simply cant go wrong with this salsa, whether its for a snack or to dress up tacos, grilled chicken or seared steak!
Don’t Miss: Put Ingredients In For Recipe
Black Bean And Corn Salsa
Make this Easy Black Bean and Corn Salsa in just 10 minutes! Its fresh and colorful, perfect for parties, so easy to make, and very addictive!
Made with black beans, corn, red onions, jalapeños, and cilantro, this healthy and filling appetizer is seriously delicious This Black Bean and Corn Salsa is my go-to party or potluck recipe. People often ask me for the recipe, so here it comes.
If you try this salsa, youll be very impressed. Seriously, you wont believe that such simple ingredients can taste so good together! I seasoned it with a touch of cumin, salt, lemon juice, and some olive oil.
How To Make Corn Salsa
Step 1: Char Corn
Sweet corn is already delish but grilling corn on the grill or charring it in a hot cast iron skillet enhances its natural sweetness delivering smoky, succulent, sweet corn you will be eating with a spoon. You will NOT regret the extra few minutes it takes to char your corn.
TO GRILL CORN ON THE COB:
- Peel thecorn
- Lightlybrush all over with olive oil
- Grease andheat grill to high heat
- Grill cornover direct heat for 10-12 minutes, turning until lightly charred on allsides, closing the lid in between rotations
TO CHAR CORN IN A SKILLET:
If you dont have corn on the cob or have access to agrill, you can still char frozen, canned, or fresh corn in a cast iron skillet:
- Heat one tablespoon olive oil in large cast iron skillet over high heat
- Add the corn and cook, stirring occasionally, until corn starts to char, approximately 5 minutes
- Transfer kernels to a large bowl to cool so they dont continue to cook
Step 2: Add ingredients to a large bowl
Choosea bowl that gives you some wiggle room to toss, so everything can get evenlycombined this bowl is likely different than your serving bowl.
Step 3: Adjust to taste
Taste your Black Bean and Corn Salsa with a chip if youreserving with chips or with a fork if not servingwith chips. Add additional lime juice for tangier, salt for more flavor,jalapeno for spicier .
Step 4: Chill
You May Like: Baked Boneless Pork Chop Recipes