Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
These are the absolute best chocolate chip cookie bars. This cookie bar recipe is easy to make and results in a gooey, chewy, doughy yet fully cooked chocolate chip cookie bar that is 100% irresistible. Serve warm with a scoop of ice cream!
What do you do when the craving for chocolate chip cookies strikes, but you just don’t have the time to scoop, roll and bake multiple batches of your favorite treat? Enter these Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars! They have all the taste , with way less work! A total win!
This chocolate chip cookie bar recipe is seriously the best. It is easy to make, taking only 5 minutes to whip up and 20 minutes to bake! And the results speak for themselves, gooey, chewy, doughy yet fully cooked chocolate chip cookie bars that are 100% irresistible. Serve the warm with a scoop of ice cream and you have achieved dessert nirvana!
The Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe: Ingredients & Substitutions
The only ingredient I feel confident that can be changed up is the mix-ins. Chocolate chips, sprinkles, peanut butter chips, etc. DO NOT change anything else in this recipe. If you do I cannot guarantee they will turn out. However, here are some tested substitutions.
- Butter. I use salted butter, but unsalted butter would also be great. I just recommend tasting the dough to ensure that it’s salted to your liking.
- White Sugar. You can use granulated white sugar or organic cane sugar.
- Brown sugar. I use light brown sugar in this recipe for the best results.
- Flour. I recommend using an unbleached, all-purpose flour to make these chocolate chip cookies. Many readers have used gluten-free all-purpose flour with excellent results. Or, try these gluten-free chocolate chip cookies.
- Sea Salt. I exclusively bake and cook with pure, fine sea salt. Sea salt is different than table salt , so if you use salt other than sea salt I recommend testing the recipe first with ½ tsp and then adjusting to your taste.
- Chocolate Chips. As you can see from the photos, sometimes I use chocolate chunks, chopped chocolate, or chocolate chips. It doesn’t matter what you use, as long as you use 2 cups.
Things To Keep In Mind If Your Cookie Keeps Going Wrong
You followed the recipe to chocolate chip cookies to the T. Yet the result is not what you had been expecting. What you can do is check for the following
Don’t Miss: App That Makes Shopping List From Recipes
How To Make Chocolate Chip Cookies
Gather all of the cookie ingredients as well as a medium mixing bowl.
Combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and chocolate chips in the bowl. Stir well.
Add the nondairy milk, oil, and pure vanilla extract. Stir to form a cookie dough. It will be dry at first, so just keep stirring and it will suddenly turn into cookie dough.
Press the dough into one big ball. Refrigerate at least two hours or overnight, or freeze until the dough is cold.
Once chilled, preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Roll chocolate chip cookie dough balls, and place the balls on a greased cookie tray. Leave enough room between cookies for spreading when they bake.
Cook for eleven minutes on the ovens center rack. The cookies will look underdone when you remove them from the oven. This is what you want, because they continue to firm up considerably as they cool.
Let the chocolate chip cookies cool for at least ten minutes. If for some reason the cookies dont spread enough , simply press down with a spoon after baking.
How To Make Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie
To make the best batch of peanut butter chocolate chip cookies, ensure that you have the perfect blend of peanut butter and chocolate chips. Consistency is the key, to get the perfect cookie recipe. If you serve them warm, loaded with chunky chocolate chips and a rich peanut butter flavor, the cookies will be melt-in-the-mouth good.
Read Also: Meals On A Tight Budget Recipes
How To Make The Chocolate Chip Cookies
The recipe to chocolate chip cookies is easy to follow. You can make a date out of it or make it a special day for your child and you.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie: A Classic Recipe
by Ishani Boselast updated – March 13, 2020
When you mix two of the best things together peanutbutter and chocolate chips, the end result is nothing short of exceptional. Soft, chewy and delicious, peanut butter chocolate chip cookies not only satisfy your sugar cravings but also make your soul happy. It is one of the most sought-after cookie recipes for the festive season and equally easy to make at home. So what are we waiting for? Lets get started.
You May Like: Cabbage Soup Recipe For Weight Loss Indian
Dark Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe:
These dark chocolate chip cookies will be noticeably less sweet. but much richer and SO good. This recipe is blended to give you a really nice flavor mix of the sweet cookie dough and rich deep dark chocolate flavor only a really good dark chocolate can offer.
Do NOT bother buying a bag labeled dark chocolate chips with less than 70%. And keep your eye on the sugar content of the chips. you want a less sweet high dark chocolate content chip.
Dark chocolate chips with under 70% dark chocolate is basically a marketing ploy. Read the label. Fill your dark chocolate cookie recipe with the full benefits of deeply dark chocolate.
The Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe Ever
This is the best chocolate chip cookies recipe ever! No funny ingredients, no chilling time, etc. Just a simple, straightforward, amazingly delicious, doughy yet still fully cooked, chocolate chip cookie that turns out perfectly every single time!
Everyone needs a classic chocolate chip cookie recipe in their repertoire, and this is mine. It is seriously the Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe Ever! I have been making these for many, many years and everyone who tries them agrees theyre out-of-this-world delicious!
Plus, theres no funny ingredients, no chilling, etc. Just a simple, straightforward, amazingly delicious, doughy yet still fully cooked, chocolate chip cookie that turns out perfectly every single time!
These are everything a chocolate chip cookie should be. Crispy and chewy. Doughy yet fully baked. Perfectly buttery and sweet.
Don’t Miss: Raw Food Diet Recipes For Humans
Organic Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix
We like our Chocolate Chip Cookies like we like our friends… sweet, with juuuust a pinch of salt.
Miss Jones packed these treats with melt-in-your-mouth organic chocolate chips and a just a hint of sea salt. Perfectly chewy, crisp and sweet cookies every time!
- Just add eggs and butter
- Certified Organic and non-GMO
- Vegan, Dairy-free, Soy-free, Tree nut-free, Peanut-free
- No hydrogenated oils or trans fats
- No artificial colors or flavors
- Makes 18 cookies
Ingredients: Organic Pastry Flour, Organic Fair Trade Dark Chocolate Chips , Organic Dark Brown Sugar, Organic Cane Sugar, Baking Soda, Natural Vanilla Flavor, Sea Salt. Contains: Wheat
Manufactured in a facility that processes other products that contain: Egg, Milk, Soy, Wheat
Where Can I Buy Vegan Chocolate
As mentioned above, you can find vegan chocolate chips at many regular grocery stores. Other good places to look include Whole Foods, local health food stores, Amazon, or iHerb.
Sometimes online stores will offer a lower price. If nothing else, you can always chop up a chocolate bar to make your own chocolate chips!
There are too many vegan chocolate bar options to list them all here, but some of my favorite fair-trade options include Theo, Pacari, Taza, Loving Earth, and Endangered Species brands. And there are so many more.
Trending Now: Overnight Oats 15 NEW Recipes
Also Check: Recipe For Stuffed Zucchini With Ground Beef And Rice
How To Make Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Make cookie dough: In a large bowl, beat softened butter and sugar with an electric mixer. Then add egg and vanilla, and then dry ingredients baking soda, salt and flour. Fold in 1/4 cup chocolate chips and your cookie dough is formed.
Want to eat cookie dough right away? Try my recipe for gluten free, egg free edible cookie dough!
- Chill dough and prep: Place cookie dough in the freezer to chill for 20 minutes. This is a must to prevent cookies from spreading. Now is a good time to preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line 2 cookie sheets with unbleached parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- Roll and bake: Scoop dough with a regular scoop, roll into balls and place on prepared baking sheets 3 inches apart. Cookies spread, plan for 6 per sheet. Bake cookies for 10 minutes and remove while cookies appear underbaked, puffy and light in color. Dough will settle during cooling.
- Add more chips and cool: Strategically place remaining 2 tbsp of chocolate chips into cookies while they are still hot. Also you can skip this step and just add all chips into the dough. Let cookies cool on a baking sheet for 15 minutes before transferring onto a cooling rack to cool more.
- Perfection: As cookies cool, you will see delicious grooves covering chocolate chips like a blanket appearing.
Kids will love when you turn these healthy cookies into dinky doozies! Just sandwich two cookies with healthy buttercream or chocolate frosting.
To Freeze Cookie Dough:
Since this chocolate chip cookie recipe makes so many cookies, I always make a full batch and freeze some. That way I have dough on hand for unexpected guests or whenever the cookie craving strikes.
I prefer to flash-freeze the cookie dough before putting it in an airtight container. To do this, roll the cookie dough into balls and space them out on a parchment lined baking sheet. Then put the baking sheet in the freezer for about 30 minutes, or until the dough slightly freezes.
Once the dough is slightly frozen, transfer the cookie dough balls to an airtight container or plastic bag and freeze for up to 2 months.
How to bake frozen dough
There are two ways to bake frozen dough:
Don’t Miss: Recipe App With Nutritional Information
Storage And Baking Tricks
- If youd like to freeze the cookie dough to have on hand whenever a chocolate chip cookie craving hits, roll into balls and freeze in an airtight container for up to three months. When ready to bake, theres no need to thaw the cookie dough first. Just add an additional 1-2 minutes to the cooking time.
- For soft chocolate chip cookies, store leftovers in an airtight plastic container, and add about 1/4 slice of bread if you have one, which helps keep the cookies soft. For crispier cookies, store in a glass container. Baked cookies will last for 2-3 days.
- Ive made these cookies so many times, and climate can definitely affect the shape and texture of the results. But despite not always looking the same, each batch has always tasted ridiculously delicious. Ive never made a bad batch yet.
- The vegan chocolate chip cookies are great for lunchboxes or parties where someone else is hosting and you need a portable vegan dessert that you can take from point A to B without a mess.
- Over one hundred more dairy free and plant based vegan cookie recipes can be found by visiting the following page: Healthy Cookies Recipes
Above, watch the vegan chocolate chip cookie recipe video
The recipe was adapted from these Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Ingredients In Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
As you can see, there are only 10 ingredients in this chocolate chip cookie bar recipe, all of which you likely have on hand at all times! We’ll chat briefly about the ingredients and possible substitutions before we jump into the “how-to” make this cookie bar recipe!
- All-purpose flour. I recommend using unbleached, all-purpose flour in these cookie bars! For a gluten-free version, use an all-purpose gluten-free baking flour!
- Brown sugar. I love the flavor of light brown sugar in this cookie bar recipe. If you like a deeper, molasses taste, then you can use dark brown sugar if you wish!
- Granulated sugar. I bake with organic cane sugar . However any white, granulated sugar works well in this recipe!
- Butter. Both salted or unsalted butter work beautifully in these cookie bars. I use salted! If you choose unsalted you might need to increase the sea salt !
- Sea salt. I exclusively bake and cook with pure sea salt. Sea salt is different than table salt , so if you use table salt I recommend using ½ the amount called for in the recipe.
- Chocolate chips. Choose your favorite chocolate chip variety to use in these cookie bars! I prefer dark or semi-sweet chocolate chips. If you have an excess of candy in your house try making this Candy-Stuffed Cookie Bar variety!
- Can I use chocolate bar instead of chocolate chips? YES! You can use chopped chocolate in place of the chips!
Recommended Reading: Low Fat Vegan Diet Recipes
More Of Our Favorite Cookie Recipes
These cookies hold a special place in my heart. My friend brought me a meal after my first miscarriage and brought these cookies for dessert. They were so perfect I was convinced they were slice and bake, so I slyly said to her, “the cookies you brought are SO delicious, how did you make them?” Lo and behold they were from scratch and she shared the recipe with me!
Her sweet gesture took a very dark season in my life and made it a little brighter. You see, after our daughter Bethany turned one-year-old we were ready to have another baby! We found out I was pregnant with twins, but things didn’t look great. There were no heartbeats, and although it was early we were fairly certain that it wasn’t a viable pregnancy. We waited two weeks just to be sure, and then I was scheduled to have a D& C and say goodbye to our babies.
This began one of the most difficult, trying times in my life. I was in a cloud of postpartum depression with no sweet baby to snuggle the blues away. My friends and family came alongside of me and I began to heal. I experienced another miscarriage and then got pregnant with my son, Gabe.
Life is too uncertain to take a minute for granted. Spread love, make cookies. That’s my motto!
This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you purchase a product through a link you clicked on here, I receive a portion of the sale. Thank you for supporting JoyFoodSunshine!
Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie Ingredients
The one bowl recipe is easy to make using basic ingredients, with no almond flour or applesauce, and no coconut oil required.
For the flour: Try the cookies with spelt flour, oat flour, or regular white all purpose flour. I have not tried using whole wheat flour so cant vouch for that substitution. Be sure to leave a comment with results if you do try.
The fat source: Options that work include sunflower, coconut, or vegetable oil. Or sub a full fat vegan butter spread such as Melt Organic, Miyokos, or Earth Balance.
For the sweetener: Feel free to experiment with different types of sugar or sugar free alternatives such as xylitol or granulated erythritol.
You can also just use all of one type of sugar instead of two. The resulting cookies might be crunchy or spread more, or they might need more or less time in the oven, but edible baking experiments are the best kind of experiments!
*For keto chocolate chip cookies, try these Keto Cookies
Read Also: Healthy Ground Chicken Recipes For Weight Loss
Make The Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
The first step in making these easy chocolate chip cookies to to combine the dry ingredients in a medium size bowl.
When doing this, make sure to Measure the flour correctly. Be sure to use a measuring cup made for dry ingredients . Then, measure flour by scooping it into a measuring cup and leveling it with a knife.
Next, cream together butter and sugars, make sure to soften the butter early by taking it out of the fridge at least two hours before baking so it’s ready to go when you need it. You can also warm it in the microwave for about 7 seconds, but be very careful not to melt it.
Once butter/sugar mixture is beaten well, add the eggs & vanilla and beat to combine.
Add dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Then add the chocolate chips and beat until they are evenly distributed throughout the dough.
Use LOTS of chocolate chips. You want at least two gooey chocolate chips in every bite.
The chocolate chip cookie dough should be easy to roll and not sticky. It should not be dry or crumbly. See photo below for the optimal texture.