Meal Prep And Storage
- To Prep-Ahead: The rice can and should be cooked up to 1-2 days ahead, to dry it out and make the texture better suited for frying. The vegetables can also be cut ahead of time, and will keep in the fridge for up to 2-3 days.
- To Store: With or without shrimp, this dish can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3-4 days.
- To Freeze: Fried rice can be frozen in an airtight container or sealed Ziploc freezer bag for up to 3-4 months. Individual servings can also be portioned out to make reheating easier.
- To Reheat: It is recommended to reheat fried rice in a skillet with a bit of oil over medium-low heat until warmed through. Reheating in the microwave will suffice as well, but be aware that the shrimp may be more tough or rubbery in texture with this method.
Best Rice For Fried Rice
Although you can use any rice for making fried rice, we highly recommend using long grain white rice, even better if it’s day old rice. Long grain rice has the least amount of starch compared to the other rice, which allows them to stay as loose, singular grains after they’re cooked.
A lot of people ask, why day old rice? Well, day old rice loses moisture as it cools down and becomes drier. This is ideal, as when we make fried rice, liquid seasonings like soy sauce is added. If using freshly made rice, there’s a higher chance that the rice will turn mushy.
Which Is The Best Soy Sauce For Fried Rice
You cant have a plate of fried rice without that delicious splash of soy sauce. Its one of the most popular Chinese takeout dishes and the condiment that goes with it. But what is the best soy sauce for Fried Rice? It isLight Soy Sauce!
Unlike the other kinds of soy sauce which are used to thicken the texture, this is best used to add more flavor to your fried rice. There is different light soy sauce variants in the market. If you are making the best soy sauce for Shrimp Fried Rice, you can go and try to look for a Shrimp flavored soy sauce!
If you have wheat intolerance, you can use Coconut Aminos which taste amazing.
Recommended Reading: Easy Keto Recipes Meal Prep
Ingredients For Homemade Shrimp Fried Rice
Super easy and insanely delicious, these ingredients meld together in the most perfect way.
- Shrimp: Peeled and deveined, can use fresh or frozen thats been thawed.
- Vegetable Oil: For sautéing.
- Sesame oil: The secret to incredible flavor.
- Cooked Rice: Use cold day old rice if you have it.
- Onion: I used a small white onion for good flavor.
- Frozen Peas and Carrots: These should be thawed.
- Soy Sauce: Use more or less to taste. Low sodium is ok to use.
- Eggs: Lightly beat your eggs.
- Green Onion: These are optional, but in my opinion should not be skipped.
Storage And Meal Prep Tips
Similar to my cilantro lime rice or Mexican rice, rice dishes are always great for meal prep. Just make sure to prep other complementary ingredients that align in flavor! Heres two ways to store fried rice.
- To store: Shrimp fried rice will keep for 4 to 5 days in the fridge in a sealed container. Perfect for when youve got a busy week ahead!
- To freeze: I love to keep a batch of frozen shrimp fried rice in the freezer for when I need a quick, reheatable dinner. Just store it in a freezer-safe container for up to 3 months in the freezer. Thaw it in the fridge, then pop it in the microwave for a few minutes.
Pro Tip: When reheating leftover rice, add a splash of water on top and give it a stir before microwaving. This will bring back some of that moisture!
Recommended Reading: 3 Day Juicing Recipes For Weight Loss
How To Make Fried Rice
To make this chicken fried rice recipe, youll first add the oils and diced chicken to a large skillet. Cook the chicken over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes, or until no longer pink inside. Remove the chicken to a plate while you stir-fry the veggies.
To the same skillet, add the peas, carrots, and green onions. Once softened, add the garlic.
Push the veggies to one side of the skillet, and scramble the eggs on the other side. Add the chicken back to the pan, followed by the rice. Drizzle everything with soy sauce and cook until everything is heated through.
Cooking Shrimp Fried Rice Outside
Enter the amazing Cuisinart 360 Griddle Cooking Center! Guys. It turns out if I can be outside in the sunshine and holding a cold drink in my hand, I really dont mind cooking dinner as much.
There are so many things that I love about the 360° Griddle Cooking Center, but let me just highlight a few for you:
- It is a full 22-inch diameter cooking top, so unlike a gas grill, everyone can stand around and talk to the person cooking. So much better than cooking at my stove.
- The 360° Griddle Cooking Center is compact. It has a fold down side and is so neat and small, taking up very little space on my deck. But it still has a great giant surface area for cooking!
- There is a clean-up tray around it. So the stray rice that got away from me while making this got neatly wiped away without a second thought.
Given the nice flat griddle surface, the possibilities are endless. The next things Im making on this are: quesadillas, pizza, and breakfast sandwiches!
And with the venting lid, I can make great steamed vegetables to go on the side of all of that!
The 360° Griddle Cooking Center was great for cooking my shrimp fried rice recipe. I love that it didnt make my house smell like oil, and it was perfect to make out in the gorgeous weather.
Also Check: Red Lobster Bloody Mary Recipe
Why This Recipe Works
Youll wish you thought of making this fried rice sooner after reading the reasons why this recipe works!
Shrimp So easy to store right in the freezer, plus it thaws and cooks up so quickly!
Frozen veggies Speaking of from freezer to face, frozen peas and carrots for the easy win in this shrimp fried rice.
Pineapple You cant beat the subtle sweet of canned pineapple chunks in fried rice. The sweet mixed with the salty and savorydelish!
One pan You can make this entire dish, scrambled eggs and all, in just one skillet for easy clean up!
Leftovers Ive even eaten this dish cold, for breakfast, right out the container, thats how good it is the next day. Imagine how good it would be heated back up, too!
Tips On Making Fried Rice With Shrimp
I love how this recipe is not really authentically from a specific country, but rather a bit of a fusion. Ive eaten authentic fried rice Korean style, Filipino style, and my American style. To achieve that perfect taste, it is good to fry your rice for at least 5-7 minutes to make sure you have broken up all the clumps of rice. Before serving it, it is also a secret tip to allow is the air to circulate around the pan first so it can settle its flavors.
You May Like: Captain Morgan Coconut Rum Recipes
Cherry Cheesecake Bars Take Less Than An Hour To Whip Up Chill And 3 Ingredient Vegan Pastelitos De Guayaba Fried Dandelions Plant
Red wine braised chicken with mushrooms recipe. Fried rice shrimp pork easy recipe recipes. These incredible puff pastry pear tarts coated with salted caramel take. Pastelitos vegan guayaba ingredient frieddandelions taco. Easy shrimp and pork fried rice recipe. Braised dinnerthendessert. Seaweed chinese kale. Organic chinese seaweed kale. 3 ingredient vegan pastelitos de guayaba fried dandelions plant. Cake velvet roll rolls dessert. Cherry cheesecake bars take less than an hour to whip up. chill, and. Red velvet cake roll
Organic chinese seaweed kale. Cake velvet roll rolls dessert. Pastelitos vegan guayaba ingredient frieddandelions taco
These incredible puff pastry pear tarts coated with salted caramel take. Braised dinnerthendessert. Organic chinese seaweed kale. Easy shrimp and pork fried rice recipe. Cake velvet roll rolls dessert. Fried rice shrimp pork easy recipe recipes. Pastelitos vegan guayaba ingredient frieddandelions taco. Cherry cheesecake bars take less than an hour to whip up. chill, and. 3 ingredient vegan pastelitos de guayaba fried dandelions plant. Seaweed chinese kale
Whats The Best Rice For Fried Rice
To save time, I use two 8-ounce packets of Uncle Bens Ready Rice that I cook for 90 seconds in my microwave before adding to the skillet.
If you want to prepare rice on your own first for this recipe, of course, be my guest. Use white, brown, long grain, etc. or whatever is your favorite rice.
Some people say that cold, leftover rice works best for making fried rice but I never have cold rice sitting around in my fridge and use warm-from-the-microwave rice and it works just fine.
Also Check: Dog Treat Recipes No Pumpkin
Make The Shrimp Fried Rice:
3. In a wok or large sauté pan, add enough oil to generously grease the bottom, about 3 tablespoons. Heat the oil over medium high heat until hot. Add the shrimps and sear each side until the shrimps are golden and about 90 percent cooked, about 2 minutes on each side. Remove from the pan and set aside.
4. In the same wok/pan on medium high heat, add the onions, peas, and carrots. Sauté until the onions just turn translucent, then push the vegetables to one side of the wok/pan.
5. If needed, add a little more oil to the empty side of the wok or pan and heat until hot. Once hot, add the beaten egg. Stir and cook the eggs until just cooked and then toss with the vegetables.
Pro tip:If possible, slide the wok or pan half way off the heat so that only the empty side of the pan stays heated. This way, your vegetables will not get burnt or overcooked while cooking the eggs.
6. Add the prepared white rice and stir fry for a few seconds to evenly combine everything. Then, pour the shaoxing rice wine around the pan and stir fry for 15 to 30 seconds, or until the rice smells fragrant and the alcohol is cooked off.
7. Add the shrimps and stir fry and toss for a few seconds to combine. Drizzle the soy sauce around the rice and add the oyster sauce. Stir fry for a couple of minutes until everything is evenly mixed and the rice is even in color.
Homemade Fried Rice Ingredients:
Alright, so lets talk ingredients. To make this fried rice recipe, you will need :
- Cooked, chilled rice: Any kind of white or brown rice will do. Just be sure that it is cooked and thoroughly chilled before adding it to your hot skillet. Again, freshly-cooked rice will not work well in this recipe.
- Eggs: Which add great flavor, texture and protein.
- Carrots, onions, green onions and peas: This is the base mix of veggies that I always use for fried rice, but feel free to add in other stir-fry veggies you love .
- Garlic: Freshly-minced.
- Soy sauce: I created this recipe using low-sodium soy sauce. So add less if youre using traditional soy sauce.
- Oyster sauce: This is a major flavor booster in fried rice and doesnt taste like oysters. You can find it in the Asian section of grocery stores, or order it on .
- Toasted sesame oil: The finishing touch in this recipe, which is a must. You can also find it in the Asian section of grocery stores, or order it on .
- Butter: My favorite way to stir fry rice.
Read Also: Turmeric Milk For Weight Loss Recipe
Whats In This Shrimp Fried Rice
Theres lots of ways to make fried rice, with various recipes using BBQ pork, Chinese sausage, chicken, or even diced scallops. But the classic foundation is a combination of rice, eggs, veggies, and a few other savory ingredients. So heres my take on it, using shrimp as the main protein.
- Shrimp: I find that medium-sized shrimp are the perfect size for a solid balance between ingredients.
- Vegetables: For this recipe, Im sticking with the classics peas, carrots, onion, green onion, garlic, and ginger. But Im using frozen peas and carrots to make the recipe super easy!
- Eggs: Softly scrambled eggs are must in fried rice, as little bits of egg coat the other ingredients.
- Rice: Im using long-grain white rice, but you could use brown rice as well. Just make sure its day-old, chilled rice, and not warm, fresh rice. The latter will get too soft and sticky.
- Soy Sauce & Toasted Sesame Oil: This is the ultimate savory combo that will give the rice a ton of flavor. And if youre gluten-free, tamari soy sauce is the way to go.
Find the printable recipe with measurements below
Easy Shrimp Fried Rice Recipe
Better than takeout, this Easy Shrimp Fried Rice recipe is ready in just 20 minutes. The perfect solution for a busy weekday dinner, my kids beg for this every single day.
Can you believe how fast the year is flying by? I dont know about you but Im looking forward to the end of school.and no more homework. I have a little guy in Kindergarten who has homework every single night and the frustration of getting it done in a reasonable amount of time is totally getting old. What should take us about 5 minutes to complete takes up to an hour some nights and then Im always tempted to call my local Chinese restaurant to order take out. It IS the easy way out when you feel like getting dinner on the table is never going to happen.
But, would you believe, you can have this easy Shrimp Fried Rice on the table in less time that it would take for the delivery guy to show up?
This Easy Shrimp Fried Rice recipe is a staple in our weekly meal plan. I always make sure I have some sort of quick cooking rice for those days when we dont have any leftover rice on hand.
This recipe is best when made with leftover rice because its had time to dry out making it easier to crisp up.and those crispy bits are the best part. If you dont have leftover rice then simply allow your freshly cooked rice to cool enough where its no longer steaming.this helps keep it from getting mushy when you mix everything together.
You May Like: 1800 Ultimate Peach Margarita Recipes
Shrimp Fried Rice Recipe
Shrimp Fried Rice is one of my go-to 30-minute meals and my family cant get enough of it. Shrimp and rice loaded with veggies and egg is a protein-packed and easy dinner. Fried Rice is the best way to use leftover Cooked Rice.
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
Tips For Making The Best Shrimp Fried Rice
Use previously cooked and chilled leftover rice as its had a chance to dry up in the refrigerator. If you use freshly cooked rice, youll end up with too much moisture in the rice.
Fry ingredients separately. You want all veggies or proteins to have their own taste, if you throw in everything together, they will all taste the same.
The trick to good fried rice is to make sure you use high heat! This way everything fries up quickly.
Well thats how you make shrimp fried rice. Pretty easy, eh?
Don’t Miss: Whiskey Long Island Iced Tea Recipe
What Cut Of Beef Is Best For Fried Rice
For my homemade beef fried rice I use sirloin steak, cut into 1/4-inch strips. Because this recipe cooks so fast, you need a tender cut of steak rather than one that you can tenderize with a longer cooking time.
Another good option is flank steak. I havent experimented with other cuts of steak nor ground beef.
Best Ever Shrimp Fried Rice Recipe
One of the most popular posts on my site for the past few years has been my Easy Better-Than-Takeout Chicken Fried Rice recipe.
Theres even a video in that post to show you exactly how to make it and youre basically recreating that recipe but with shrimp.
This is an easy, one-skillet recipe thats ready in 20 minutes and tastes better than takeout.
Its healthier, not greasy, and youre going to love it.
Theres garlic, ginger, green onions, sesame oil, and soy sauce for layers of flavor while peas, carrots, corn, and bits of egg add texture. Its a perfect weeknight meal when youre in a rush want a break from the usual chicken dinner.
You May Like: Simple Smoothie Recipes With Almond Milk
Other Fried Rice Recipes You Might Like
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil or grapeseed oil or other neutral oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/4cup carrot, finely chopped
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 10 large shrimp, chopped bite size
- 3cups day old cooked short grain Japanese rice, at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered chicken stock
- 2 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon white ground pepper
- 1 large egg, whisked
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons scallions, finely chopped
Tools To Make The Best Shrimp Fried Rice Recipe:
- Microwavable Jasmine Rice- ready to unpackage and throw into a hot pan.
- Cast-Iron Wok perfect for making fried rice or you can use a large skillet.
- Slotted Spoon to remove the ingredients from the pan easily.
- Sweet Chili Sauce- forget the spices if you use this all-in-one sauce!
- Kikkoman Soy Sauce- the exact one that I used.
You May Like: Dr Boz Bone Broth Recipe