Vanilla Sweet Cream Cold Brew With Cold Foam
If you want to make this coffee recipe even more delicious, you can cold foam the sweet cream to create a fluffy foam that will sit on top of your cold brew coffee.
Cold foam is usually made using 2% fat or nonfat milk, but I found that using a fattier cream will foam up really nice as well.
To make cold foam from the sweet cream, either place it into a milk frother with a cold foam setting or manually fluff it with a French press. Follow the below-listed steps to make cold foam with the French press:
This is just a quick breakdown of how to make cold foam at home. If youre interested in learning about 5 different ways to make cold foam at home, you can check out this great article that I wrote about it.
Or you can check out this regular cold brew with cold foam recipe here!
Starbucks Vanilla Sweet Cream Cold Foam
How is cold foam made? Starbucks uses a special machine to froth a mixture of vanilla, cream, milk and sweetener to create a sweetened whipped cream texture.
It sits on top of your favorite iced beverage and slowly seeps into it as it sweetens it and makes the drink extra creamy. The Starbucks vanilla sweet cream cold brew is a signature drink with this topping!
Making The Sweet Vanilla Cream Cold Foam
1. To create sweet vanilla cream cold foam from the sweet cream, whip, shake, or froth about half a cup of cream until you achieve a consistency similar to melted ice cream.
2. Other methods you can use include shaking the cream vigorously in a lidded cold jar, frothing cream using an electric milk frother, whipping the cream using a mixer, or thickening the cream into a cold foam with the use of an immersion blender.
Serving the Sweet Cream Cold Foam
1. To allow easy access, refrigerate a lidded bottle of sweet cream. Whenever you need to use some for the drink you are preparing, use a little amount to create cold foam. Typically a 16-oz beverage would need around ¼ to ½ cup of sweet cream.
2. Serve the cold foam as a topping for your iced cold brew coffee. Similar to Starbucks drinks, a bit of cream will come flowing down into the drink. A cloud-like foam layer will remain sitting on top.
Don’t Miss: Lean Recipes For Weight Loss
Starbucks Vanilla Sweet Cream Cold Brew Copycat
Published on December 6, 2020 – Updated on January 27, 2022 by Chahinez
Starbucks vanilla sweet cream cold brew is one of the most iconic drinks from Starbucks. If you are a regular Starbucks goer and have your order memorized because of how many times you ordered it, you know what Im talking about. This easy homemade creamer recipe combines half and half, heavy cream, vanilla, and maple syrup for the best flavor and texture ever to bring your favorite vanilla sweet cream cold brew!
How To Make The Sweet Cream
Don’t Miss: White Claw Mixed Drink Recipe
Can I Make This Without The Foam
Yes, you can totally use this recipe as a creamer in any drink you want! It is delicious in hot coffee and even early grey tea – along with iced coffee and cold brew.
To make this without the foam, just simply put all of the ingredients in a jar and shake until combined. Then add the vanilla sweet cream to any drink of your choice.
Can I make it dairy free?
Yes, you can easily make this sweet cream dairy free! Just substitute the milk with any plant based milk of your choice – my favorite is vanilla almond milk – and substitute the heavy cream with full fat coconut cream or any plant based creamers.
And if you’re out and want to get a dairy free drink from Starbucks, check out this list of over 50 vegan Starbucks drinks and how to order them!
What Is In Starbucks Vanilla Sweet Cream
The ingredients to make this copycat recipe for vanilla sweet cream are basic: milk, cream, vanilla. But what exactly do you need? Here is what you need to have on hand to make this sweet cream and sweet foam.
- Heavy Whipping Cream – Thick cream works better for this recipe, especially if you are trying to make the foam. Either Heavy Whipping Cream or Heavy Cream works for this recipe.
- Milk – 2% or Whole Vitamin D milk works for this recipe. I have made this recipe with both and it has turned out just fine.
- Vanilla Syrup – Both regular sugar and sugar-free syrup work for this recipe. If you prefer another flavor to vanilla, use that flavored syrup. I get my vanilla syrup in my Amazon Subscribe and Save in a four-pack. You can also make your own vanilla simple syrup.
Recommended Reading: Vegan Lunch Recipes For Beginners
Starbucks Vanilla Sweet Cream Cold Brew At Home
The Beyer Family’s favorite cold brew is the Stk cold brew. Our go-to variety is the not too sweet in the orangeish red label. But the unsweet will also be perfect to pair with the vanilla sweet cream. To make your vanilla sweet cream cold brew, fill your glass with ice.
Pour the cold brew over the ice leaving room for the cream. Then pour in the sweet cream. Finally, spoon the sweet cream cold foam over the top. And there you have the best cold brew at home.
Whats Different About Cold Brew Coffee
Cold brew is coffee that is literally brewed with cold water instead of hot water. I love how cold brew coffee doesnt have the same bitter acids and oils that you taste in traditional full immersion or hot brew coffees.
Instead, cold-brew coffee extracts the natural flavors and aromatics of your coffee without those bitter flavors. It makes for a much more balanced and smooth cup of coffee thats more enjoyable.
And cold brew coffee makers are typically smaller and non-electric, so theyre easy to store in a cabinet or on the counter along with my my Keurig .
You May Like: Sour Cream And Onion Dip Recipe
Starbucks Sweet Cream Cold Brew At Home
I like to think of myself as a frugal bee. Growing up in Algeria, we didnt have credit cards, which meant I had to save my money to buy what I needed or wanted. I couldnt just pull out a credit card, buy whatever I wanted, and then pay for it at some point .
That has led me to become fairly frugal Ask my boyfriend! I will always find a good deal, regardless of what it is. When it came to my favorite Starbucks drink, the sweet cream cold brew I knew I had to start making it at home because those $5 drinks every day started to add up!
Expert Tips For Making Vanilla Sweet Cream Cold Brew
- Recipe Can be Doubled: Great recipe for a crowd. Simply increase the ingredients proportionately.
- Strength: Taste the cold brew occasionally and discard the grounds when the coffee has the flavor you like as you let it brew.
- Short cut tip: Buy your favorite brand of cold brew from the store to save time.
- Variation tip: Use this creamer in hot coffee or regular iced coffee. It is great.
- Alternate ingredient: Feel free to use a flavored coffee like caramel or vanilla bean.
- Tip: Make sure the coffee is ground very coarsely so you do not get cloudy coffee. Filtered water works best
- Dietary consideration tip:Vegan sweetened condensed milk can be used.
- Coffee Cubes: Make coffee iced cubes so that your coffee does not get diluted.
RATE THIS RECIPE
If youve tried this recipe, please rate it in the comment section below.
Recommended Reading: Gluten And Dairy Free Dinner Recipes
This Is Gonna Be Your Newest Favorite Starbucks Sweet Cream Cold Brew Recipe Ps: Itll Save You A Ton Of Money Too
I started trying to make it at home here and there, of course, I still waited in the Starbucks drive-through lane to make sure that I kept my palette fresh and had something to compare my drinks to
After a few trials, I had a winner. I was able to make the best Starbucks copycat sweet cream cold brew. It almost tasted better than the Starbucks drink that I was used to because I made it at home, knew exactly what was in it, and it has some vanilla beans because TREAT YO SELF!
So without further ado, I wont be keeping you here for longer.
How To Make Sweet Cream Cold Foam
The process of making this sweet cream cold foam could not be any easier, and it seriously takes seconds to make!
Now, you’ll need a french press or handheld frother if you want it to be frothy so get one of those out with your ingredients. And you can also make it without the foam if you don’t have those – more on that later.
Ok, if you’re ready to change the way you drink coffee at home forever, dive into this sweet cream cold foam recipe!
STEP 1: MAKING THE SWEET CREAM COLD FOAM
First, pour the heavy cream, milk, vanilla extract, and sugar into a french press.
Then move the press handle up and down vigorously until it starts to get foamy.
If you want to use a handheld brother, pour all of the ingredients into a jar and give it a shake to combine them. Then froth using a hand mixer for about 15-30 seconds until it starts to foam.
STEP 2: SERVING
Now that you have the sweet cream cold foam, pour it on top of the drink of your choice.
Then use a spoon to put all of that foamy deliciousness over the brim of your glass and enjoy!
Recommended Reading: Healthy Dog Food Recipes For Older Dogs
Sweet Cream Cold Foam
Sweet cream cold foam is a mixture of vanilla syrup, 2% milk, and heavy cream that is whipped in a cold foam blender. This is what sits at the top of the iced drinks. The milk slowly starts cascading into the drink while the sweetened, foamy cream sits at the top, making each sip absolute perfection.
Vanilla Sweet Cream Cold Brew Ingredients
This cold brew recipe is actually quite simple to make if youve got the ingredients on hand
- Coffee beans or ground coffeewere going to use these to make our cold brew or you can simply purchase a cold brew kit from the store. These kits tend to have a bag of coffee grounds that you steep overnight in the refrigerator, which makes the clean up portion a lot easier. There are also bottles of cold brew sold in the refrigerated aisles of the grocery store, too.
- Granulated sugarthis is going to serve as the sweetness in our coffee drink
- Vanilla beanyes, the real kind. I know theyre a hassle to come by and they can be expensive, but its worth the splurge, in my opinion. Some recipes call for vanilla extract, but I much prefer using the whole beans as it really amps up the vanilla flavor.
- Half-and-halfour vanilla sweet cream is going to be decadent and wonderful, which is why it involves half-and-half and heavy whipping cream
- Heavy whipping cream
This Starbucks copycat recipe has a few partsthe cold brew itself, the vanilla syrup and the vanilla sweet cream. Well make them in increments.
Pro Tip: If you dont want to take the 12+ hours to steep homemade cold brew, there are a lot of kits and pre-made cold brews on the market. I tend to go with these because while they cost more than the coffee grounds youd need to make homemade cold brew, theyre basically ready to go.
You May Like: Recipe For Cranberry Bread Or Muffins
Ingredients In Vanilla Sweet Cream Cold Brew
For the cold brew coffee
- Filtered water This will give you the best flavor, although you can use tap water.
- Ground coffee For a taste as close as possible to the Starbucks cold brew, use a medium or dark roast blend of coffee.
For the vanilla syrup
- Sugar regular granulated white
- Whole vanilla bean You can usually find whole beans in the baking aisle of the grocery store. You can also use vanilla extract instead
For the sweet cream
- Vanilla syrup use the recipe above or a store-bought vanilla syrup for coffee
Here Is Exactly Why You Need To Try This Starbucks Copycat Sweet Cream Cold Brew
- This Starbucks recipe will save you a ton of money
- You will also save a ton of time by avoiding the drive-through and making this cold brew sweet cream at home.
- This recipe makes for a large batch of sweet cream, so prepare it one day and it will last you a whole week!
- It tastes incredibly good. It has a beautiful sweetness and an amazing creamy flavor to it.
- You can make it in less than 5 minutes, its seriously that easy!
Recommended Reading: Karo Syrup Pecan Pie Recipe
Vanilla Bean Simple Syrup Is Key
I tried many vanilla-flavored cold brew concentrates and I do not recommend one for this recipe. The flavored cold brews I tried had an undesirable artificial or chemically taste, even the all natural or organic ones.
So stick with real vanilla bean simple syrup for the best results. Its easy to make. You wont regret it.
Vanilla Cold Brew Coffee
This Vanilla Cold Brew Coffee recipe is sponsored by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are my own.
Vanilla Cold Brew Coffee Easy homemade cold brew coffee infused with vanilla bean and served with Simply Pure Vanilla Coffee Creamer. This smooth, creamy and slightly sweet vanilla coffee is just as good as the coffee house versions.
Hello, friends. Its Monday , lets talk coffee. If there is something we need at the start of a new week it is a big glass of Vanilla Cold Brew Coffee. Lets do this!
My love affair with coffee began shortly after the birth of our first child. Our little Jake didnt sleep through the night until he was 2 ½ years old. That is roughly 910 days without a solid chunk of sleep. My morning cup of coffee got me through many of those days.
These days I dont rely on caffeine to get me through my days but I still love a great cup of coffee. As the weather warms up I typically switch from hot coffee to iced coffee and this here is my very favorite iced coffee.
Cold brew coffee is made by combining coarsely ground coffee beans with water , and then allowing it to sit in the refrigerator for 12-15 hours. The mixture gets strained and what is left is flavorful, smooth coffee. I also go the extra step of adding fresh vanilla bean to the strained coffee, which adds a subtle vanilla flavor with lots of beautiful vanilla bean flecks running through.
Pour yourself a big glass, and lets tackle the day!
You May Like: Gluten Dairy Soy Free Recipes
Storing Ingredients For Later
All of the individual components to make the vanilla sweet cream cold brew should be kept in the refrigerator.
For the best flavour, you may want to brew fresh coffee every time. Although, doing this requires a lot of time, as the coffee steeping time is at least 12 hours.
This being said, keep in mind that cold brew coffee has a different taste than hot coffee. Plus, theres nothing wrong with steeping the coffee longer, for up to 48 hours.
I typically will enjoy a pitcher of cold brew coffee for up to 5 days from the time I make it and I find the flavour doesn’t change too much as long as the pitcher is covered but it all depends on how you like your coffee.
So, the short answer is that one batch of coffee for the vanilla sweet cream cold brew will keep its flavour well in the refrigerator for a few days.
Questions You May Have
What is Sweet Cream?
Sweet Cream is Starbucks add-in that creams, sweetens, and flavors their drinks. Its vanilla flavored.
Whats the difference between cold brew and iced coffee?
Cold brew coffee is made by steeping ground coffee in cold water for hours in the refrigerator. Iced Coffee is made by brewing hot coffee then cooling it down. Cold brew is smoother and mellower than iced coffee.
How is Vanilla Sweet Cream Cold Brew made at Starbucks?
A grande is made with Starbucks cold brew coffee, 2 pumps of vanilla syrup, ice, and a splash of Sweet Cream.
Also Check: Neapolitan Pizza Dough Recipe Ooni
Best Way To Make Homemade Cold Brew
All you need to make your own cold brew is a simple cold brew coffee maker, ground coffee and cold water. Most of them come with a cold brew recipe thats easy to follow.
While I like the simplicity of non-electric ones, they have some pretty neat electric cold brew makers now.
If you have one, you can also make cold brew in a French Press.