How To Thaw Cheesecake
To thaw frozen cheesecake, transfer it into the fridge and let it sit there overnight. Leave the plastic wrap on to ensure it doesnt absorb nearby odors and/or flavors.
Alternatively, you can let it defrost on the counter for 2 to 4 hours. The thawing time depends on the size of the cheesecake. Be sure to remove the foil when defrosting the cake.
Want to save this recipe? Enter your email below and we’ll send the recipe straight to your inbox!
If youre in a rush, you can microwave the cheesecake slices for 30 seconds. Be sure to remove the plastic wrap and foil!
Tap Air Bubbles Outdont Skip This Step
Once the batter is completely smooth and ready, tap the bowl on the counter for 30-45 seconds to remove as many air bubbles as possible. You should see them popping on the surface as you tap the bowl. Pour filling into the center of the graham cracker crust and gently smooth the top. Will be very full!
Make The Pumpkin Cheesecake Batter
In a large bowl or bowl of a stand mixer, mix cream cheese for 30 seconds until smooth. Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl then add in granulated sugar. Stir until smooth. Stir in vanilla, pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice, and cinnamon. Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl and mix again to ensure the cheesecake batter is getting evenly mixed.
Eggs Go In LAST
Crack eggs into a liquid measuring cup and using a fork, beat until well mixed. With the mixer on low, slowly pour the eggs into the cream cheese mixture and stop stirring once the egg has been incorporated. Remove bowl from mixer and scrape the sides and bottom again, ensuring the entire mixture is smooth. If there are a few small lumps, try to fold in using the rubber scraper.
Read Also: Best Healthy Plant Based Recipes
How To Make Pumpkin Cheesecake
If were going to make Pumpkin Cheesecake, weve gotta start with a crust!
Sure, you could buy a premade graham cracker crust in a pinch, but if you make it yourself, you can add in my secret ingredient.
Thats right, I like to use my favorite graham cracker crust recipe and add a bit of pumpkin pie spice to it.
I know that some people like to use a gingersnap crust for their pumpkin desserts. Ive used a gingersnap crust when making Pumpkin Praline Cheesecake and , but for this particular recipe, I like to go a little more classic.
In my opinion, the pumpkin pie spice makes the flavor of the crust just perfect!
Once the crust is ready, beat together the cream cheese with the sugars until light and fluffy. This will take about 3 minutes dont rush it!
Then add in the eggs, pumpkin, and heavy cream, followed by the vanilla and pumpkin pie spice.
Pour the filling into your prepared crust and bake the cheesecake in a water bath for about an hour.
Once the cheesecake is done baking, crack the oven door, turn the oven off, and let the cheesecake hang out in the cooling oven for 1 hour before placing it on a cooling rack to cool completely.
After a rest in the refrigerator to completely set, your cheesecake is ready to serve for Thanksgiving dessert!
More Simple Spanish Desserts
If you like this delicious dessert, bookmark these ones too!
- Sherry Spiked Pecan Pie: Another perfect holiday dessert, my sherry infused pecan pie is a Thanksgiving favorite at my house!
- Pumpkin Pie Flan: Not a crust person? Apart from this crustless cheesecake recipe, you might want to try my pumpkin pie flan. All the yummy goodness of pumpkin pie without the bothersome crust!
- Arroz con Leche: Another simple Spanish dessert for the holidays is this simple rice pudding.
- Leche Frita: A delicious custard thats deep-fried whats not to love?
Recommended Reading: Recipes For Wisdom Teeth Removal
Baking In A Water Bath
The cake is baked in a water bath, which sounds like a lot of trouble, but its so much easier than it sounds, and the result is a perfectly flat and creamy cheesecake.
First, youll need to wrap the outside of the cake pan with a large piece of foil, then repeat with another piece. This will ensure that water from the bath doesnt seep into the cake. Then place the pan into a large roasting pan. Pour enough boiling water into the roasting pan to come halfway up the sides of the cake pan. Place gently in the oven and bake for 60-70 minutes until the sides are set but the center is still slightly wobbly.
Instead of using aluminum foil to wrap the pan, another trick is to place the cake pan inside another larger pan, then place it into the roasting pan. Pour enough boiling water into the roasting pan to come halfway up the sides of the larger pan.
Place in the fridge for at least 12 hours until set. It tastes best after 24 hours. It keeps well in the fridge for several days.
Substitutions For Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars
As bakers we often have items on hand that wed like to use instead of buying different ingredients. Here are a few substitutions if youd like to try:
- Cream Cheese You can sub mascarpone cheese in place of cream cheese for part or all of this cheesecake. Another variation is to replace 8 ounces of your cream cheese for goat cheese this will give it a tangier flavor.
- Gingersnaps Any graham cracker or cookie will work in place of the gingersnaps, you just want to make sure they are a crunchy cookie or cracker. You can also purchase pre-crushed graham crackers and use in place of crushing your own. If you are gluten free, choosing a gluten free cookie is easily achievable.
- Spices If you dont have all the spices on hand in your spice cabinet, feel free to use 2 teaspoons of pre-mixed pumpkin pie spice in place.
- Nuts- I love the added crunch of the walnuts in the topping, you can certainly sub with pecans or even pepita seeds for a nut-free option.
- Flour- For a gluten free option, use a 1-1 flour for the topping or omit altogether.
You May Like: Boneless Pork Chop Recipes Oven
Tips For A Perfect Cheesecake
- Ensure ingredients are room temperature.
- Pulse with the blender just until combined, you dont want too much air in the batter.
- Pour into the crust until it is 1/4 from the top so it doesnt overflow.
- If you have extra batter left in the blender, pour it into lined mini muffin pans mini and bake about 18 minutes or until set.
- Cool completely in the fridge before cutting and serving.
How Do You Make Cheesecakepumpkin
The best thing about cheesecake and pumpkin pie is that they have similar ingredients and textures, so combining the two is very easy.
I start by making the cheesecake portion by whipping Philadelphia Cream Cheese with sugar. Then I add the pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice, heavy cream, sour cream, vanilla, and eggs!
Read Also: Ground Turkey Meal Prep Recipes
Ingredient Notes & Substitutions
- Flour: If you want to make this cheesecake gluten-free, simply omit the flour. It wont have too much of an effect on the final result!
- Sugar: You can cut back the sugar slightly, though I wouldnt say the cake is overly sweet.
- Cream cheese: The recipe calls for the Philadelphia brand because thats what Bar La Viña uses in their recipe! But you can use any cream cheese youd like, and even substitute with other cream cheeses, such as mascarpone.
- Eggs: This recipe uses a lot of eggs, make sure theyre the best quality you can find!
- Spices: I like the simplicity of cinnamon and a touch of nutmeg, but you can use any pumpkin pie spice blend you prefer.
Pumpkin Swirl Cheesecake Bars
This is a sponsored post for SheSpeaks/Kraft Heinz.
A decadent fall dessert that features deliciously spiced pumpkin swirled, real cheesecake, and a perfectly sweet crust. Your family will love these easyPumpkin Swirl Cheesecake Barswhich are a true taste of fall in every bite.
If you are looking for a delicious cheesecake recipe for the fall, theseare exactly what you need in your life. They are the perfect marriage of cheesecake and pumpkin pie all wrapped in one easy to eat bite.
Find all the ingredients you need to make this scrumptious autumn dessert atWalmart. They have everyday low prices for all the ingredients including Philadelphia® Original Cream Cheese, and Cool Whip® Original Whipped Topping. I love shopping at Walmart during the holiday season because I can purchase everything from recipe supplies to gifts.
This year, these cheesecake bars will be making an appearance on my dessert table. Spending time with family and enjoying something as comforting as a Thanksgiving dessert buffet is worth its weight in gold.
Also Check: Pineapple Tea Recipe To Lose Weight
Variations For Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars
As mentioned in the substitutions, there are many ways to vary aspects of the cheesecake.
- Chocolate Graham Crackers Swapping out the gingersnap crust for a chocolate graham cracker crust would be delicious. Go the extra mile and drizzle melted chocolate on slices when serving.
- Fresh Ginger Adding some freshly grated ginger to your cheesecake filling would be an elevated option and give a burst of flavor.
- Caramel Ill never say no to caramel, swap the crunchy topping for some tahini caramel instead!
Can Pumpkin Cheesecake Be Frozen
Cheesecake actually freezes quite well. If you want to make your Pumpkin Cheesecake more than a day or so ahead of time, Id recommend freezing it.
If youre freezing the cheesecake whole, place the cooled cheesecake on a cardboard round and cover it tightly with plastic wrap.
Alternatively, you can freeze individual slices of cheesecake slice and wrap each piece with plastic wrap.
Next, wrap the cheesecake or individual slices with foil.
Because I am extra cautious, I will often place the double-wrapped cheesecake in a freezer-safe zip-top bag, although thats not strictly necessary.
Freeze the Pumpkin Cheesecake for up to 1 month for best flavor. When youre ready to eat it, thaw at room temperature for a couple of hours or in the refrigerator overnight.
Don’t Miss: Baby Puree Recipes 6 9 Months
Crust For Pumpkin Cheesecake
Ive used both homemade or store bought graham crusts in this recipe and I find that a homemade graham crust is best because it holds up better . You only need 3 ingredients and its pressed into the pie plate so its really easy to make.
You can substitute graham crumbs for ginger snap crumbs to change it up a bit!
Making Pumpkin Cheesecake Ahead For Thanksgiving
The best part of this recipe is being able to make it ahead and have it taste just as good on day three as it did fresh out of the oven. If you are wanting to make this for the Holidays, you can make and bake it up to a week ahead of time. Make the Pumpkin Cheesecake according to the recipe card below, then cover and store in the fridge, keeping it in the springform pan the entire time to keep those edges fresh.
To serve, unlatch and remove the collar, decorate as desired, and serve. For clean slices, dip your knife into hot water, wipe off excess water and then slice.
Don’t Miss: Drink Recipes With Tanqueray Gin
How To Make A Pumpkin Cheesecake
To get started with this pumpkin cheesecake, youll make the crust. Its a classic graham cracker crust with a twist. Theres some brown sugar and cinnamon added to the crust, which gives it some extra flavor and really compliments the cheesecake.
The pumpkin cheesecake filling is thick and creamy and easy to put together. It starts with your usual suspects cream cheese, sugar, a little flour and some sour cream. Add to that the pumpkin puree, spices and eggs and youre filling is ready to go.
The important thing to remember when putting the filling together is that you want to mix things on a low speed. It helps to not incorporate too much air into the batter, which can rise to the top of the cheesecake during baking and cause cracks.
This cheesecake is baked in a water bath, which I know can be a pain, but really is the best way to go when baking a cheesecake. It lends a more moist cheesecake that doesnt brown around the edges, sink in the middle or have cracks. Its a few extra steps that are definitely worth it!
Once the cheesecake is baked and cooled, its topped with cream cheese whipped cream that pairs perfectly. The final cheesecake is so good that it just melts in your mouth. I love all the pumpkin flavor and how well its accentuated by the spices. Theres lots of spice, but not too much. Just how I like it.
- Cook Time:1 hour, 40 minutes
- Total Time:2 hours, 40 minutes, plus cooling time
- Yield:12-14 slices
Why Youll Love This
- This Pumpkin Cheesecake recipe shouldve been named easier than pie, its one of the quickest youll ever find!
- Place all of the ingredients into the blender for about 30 seconds, pour it into a pie crust, and bake!
- No water bath or fancy techniques needed.
- This cheesecake turns out perfect every time.
Don’t Miss: Healthy Food Recipes On A Budget
Tips To Avoid Cracks In Your Cheesecake
This Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake does not need a water bath, but there are a few tips to keep it from cracking:
- Make sure you use room temperature cream cheese and add the eggs one at a time.
- Do not over bake. The cheesecake is finished when the center is *just* almost set. It will finish firming up when it chills.
- Lastly, make sure you allow this pumpkin pie cheesecake to cool completely before transferring it to the fridge.
If for some reason you do get a noticeable crack, there are two common solutions to try:
- Allow the cake to cool for a few minutes, then wet your finger with water and try running it along the crack.
- If that doesnt work, cover it with whip cream and enjoy! In the end, no one cares if it cracked, just that it tastes good!
I can not wait for you all to try this Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake I just know you are going to love it as much as we do.
My husband is already requesting I make it for Thanksgiving to bring to his families house instead of the traditional pie.
Looking for more great holiday recipes? Here are a few of my top favorites:
How To Make Paradise Pumpkin Pie
- 1Combine softened cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla, mixing until well blended. Blend in egg. Spread onto bottom of pastry shell
- 2Combine remaining ingredients mix well. Carefully pour over cream cheese mixture. Bake at 350, 1 hour and 5 minutes. Cool. Brush with maple syrup and garnish with pecan halves, if desired.
- Last Step: Don’t forget to share! Make all your friends drool by posting a picture of your finished recipe on your favorite social network. And don’t forget to tag Just A Pinch and include #justapinchrecipes so we can see it too!
Also Check: Roasted Zucchini And Squash Recipe
How To Make Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars
The easiest way to make these bars is by having a food processor on hand. I use it for both crushing the gingersnaps and mixing my wet ingredients.
Begin by placing your gingersnaps in the bowl of a food processor and pulsing until fine crumbs form. If you dont have a food processor, place cookies in a sealed ziplock bag and begin crushing with a rolling pin until you have fine crumbles.
Melt your butter and add to your gingersnap crumbles, this will make the crust of our cheesecake bars. Once a cohesive mixture forms, pat the gingersnap butter mixture into a parchment lined 9×13 baking dish. This will bake for about 9 minutes then cool before filling with pumpkin mixture.
Next, begin your filling. In the bowl of the same food processor bowl, add in your cream cheese, brown sugar, maple syrup, canned pumpkin, eggs, heavy whipping cream, salt and spices. Process until smooth and you have a creamy consistency. Stop partway through and scrap sides down, process again.
You need to have room temperature cream cheese before processing your filling. If your cream cheese is too hard it will leave clumps in your cheesecake filling. To soften cream cheese quickly, place cream cheese packets into ziplock bag and submerge into warm water for 5-10 minutes. Check and repeat if it needs to be softer.
Once your cheesecake base has cooled, pour your cheesecake filling and bake for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare your topping.
More About This Recipe
- Looking for a way to jazz up your Thanksgiving dessert table, without piling too much on your plate? Have we got the pie for you! This cream cheese-pumpkin pie features beautiful swirls of cream cheese, which adds a subtle richness and tang that contrasts the sweet flavor of pumpkin. And as much as we love the well-balanced flavor and pretty presentation of this pie, our favorite thing about it might just be the fact that it can be made the day before! Just keep these two tips in mind, its very important to used canned pumpkin, instead of pumpkin pie filling. Plain canned pumpkin allows you to personalize the flavor of your pie filling, whereas, canned pumpkin pie filling already has the sugar and spices mixed in. Make sure to follow the instructions closely when making the cream cheese swirl. If you forget to add milk to the cream cheese mixture, it will make the mixture stiff and youll have a harder time creating the swirl effect. Want a few more helpful tips before you tackle this pie? Read our article on how to make the perfect pumpkin pie. P.S. If you prefer a traditional pumpkin pie or want to try another fun twist might we suggest Pumpkin Pie Lush? there are even more pumpkin pie recipes where this came from!
Recommended Reading: Franks Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe