Hot Spinach Artichoke Dip
My mom wanted to make this for a family get together and called me for the recipe. I called her after to ask if it turned out.
She said, It was really good, but Ive never made a dip with 4 cups of mayo in it.
I said, Uh mom, I told you 1/4 cup mayo.
Mom said in her sweet voice, Ohwell, it was still really good!
Heres your new staple recipe. Give your arteries a break and stick to the 1/4 cup of mayo.
So why choose this Spinach Artichoke over others? Some spinach artichoke dips are served cold. I personally am not a huge fan of those.
This recipe does not have cream cheese in it. Usually cream cheese makes everything better. True. But in this instance its a dip thats a little more on the thin side and goes well with a chip instead of tasting just straight cream cheese.
If you want a thicker spinach artichoke dip recipe that is good served with bread slices, youll like this Creamy Spinach and Artichoke Dip.
Make Ahead And Freezing Instructions:
To Make Ahead: Prepare the recipe through step 4 and store it in the refrigerator for 1-2 days until ready to bake.
To Freeze: Prepare the recipe through step 4 . Place mixture in a freezer safe container or bag and freeze for up to 2 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator and return to baking dish before baking.
Ingredients For Spinach And Artichoke Dip:
- Artichokes: We use canned and drained quartered artichoke hearts in brine. Marinated artichokes are not ideal, but can be used. Keep in mind they do add more salt and tanginess so add parmesan cheese to taste or your dip may be too salty.
- Spinach: Chopped frozen spinach is the easiest to work with. Fully thaw according to package instructions then squeeze dry the spinach with your hands to remove excess liquid. See notes below on using fresh spinach.
- Jalapeños:Canned jalapenos add nice heat without being overpowering. Its very mild, but the recipe will still work without jalapenos.
- Cream Cheese, Sour Cream and Butter: These make up the rich and creamy base of the sauce and create an irresistible cheesy sauce.
- Parmesan: We use shredded parmesan. It melts into the sauce beautifully and adds great depth of flavor. Parmesan is the primary source of salt in this recipe since there is no additional salt added, so add it to taste.
- Garlic:pressing in fresh garlic at the end adds amazing flavor. Do not skip the garlic!
Recommended Reading: Vegan Lunch Recipes For Beginners
How To Reheat Spinach Artichoke Dip:
- Slow Cooker: to reheat cold dip, place in a slow cooker low heat and cover for 3-4 hours. You can also keep your fresh hot dip on the warm setting for several hours to keep it warm for a party.
- Stovetop Reheating: Reheat the dip in a saucepan over medium/low heat, stirring frequently until hot and just starting to bubble.
- To Reheat in the Oven: You can rewarm in the oven like our Baked Spinach Artichoke Dip. If you are heating from cold, sprinkle on a little extra parmesan on top to keep it from drying out then transfer to an oven-safe dish and bake uncovered at 350F for about 20 minutes, or until heated through.
- Microwave Reheating: You can reheat portions of leftover spinach artichoke dip in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds and heating until the dip is hot. Avoid overheating.
Whats In Spinach Artichoke Dip
Besides being absolutely delicious, we love how easy it is to make spinach artichoke dip. Below weve listed the basic ingredients, which you basically just dump together into a bowl and bake until melty! In addition to these simple ingredients, we like to add some extras like fresh basil and loads of garlic for extra flavor, but theyre not a must.
- Fresh spinach
- Artichoke hearts
- Parmesan cheese
Sounds easy enough, right? Just imagine, you have some friends stop by at the last minute or youre in need of an easy appetizer to bring to a football party. All you have to do to make this winning dish is throw all the ingredients in a bowl , mix well, and bake for 30 minutes. Thats it!
Don’t Miss: Ole Miss Hotty Toddy Drink Recipe
More Delicious Dip Recipes To Try
- 8oz.cream cheese,well softened
- 1/4cupsour cream
- 1garlic clove,minced
- 2/3cup finely shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/2cup finely shredded mozzarella cheese
- Pepper, to taste
- 1 canquartered artichoke hearts,can liquid drained, squeeze artichokes to drain excess liquid, chopped
- 6oz.frozen spinach, thawed, squeezed to drain excess liquid
Can I Make This Recipe Vegan
This recipe cannot be made vegan, but if youd like to try a vegan Spinach Artichoke Dip, I have a recipe for one in my cookbook, I Love My Instant Pot Anti-inflammatory Diet Recipe Book. Give it a try! I also have a lot of great vegan recipes here.
If you are looking for a lighter option for your Christmas spread, upcoming football game or New Years Eve spread, this Healthy Spinach Artichoke Dip is a great recipe to try. Nobody complains about a creamy dip thats healthy! I promise itll be a huge hit! Someone might even tell you its the best Spinach Artichoke Dip theyve tried.
If youre a big fan of spinach and artichoke dishes, you should absolutely try my Spinach Artichoke Stuffed Spaghetti Squash with Chicken or my Spinach Artichoke Pasta recipe. Both are so good!
If youre cooking for the big game, check out my huge list of Healthy Super Bowl Recipes!
If you make this recipe or any of my other healthy recipes, please share it on and Ill feature you! Also, if you try it, please leave a comment with a star rating below! Those star ratings are so helpful in helping my recipes get discovered. I appreciate you!
Read Also: Mac And Cheese Recipe Step By Step
How To Store & Reheat
- How to store leftovers. If you happen to have any leftover dip, you can store it in the fridge for up to four days. Store in an airtight container or tightly cover the baking dish with foil.
- How to reheat leftovers. If youre reheating a small amount of leftovers, you can just microwave a portion in a small bowl. If reheating a large amount, you can reheat in the oven until heated through. I recommend covering the dish with foil to prevent the cheese from burning.
In A Mixing Bowl Combine The Cream Cheese Mayonnaise Parmesan Cheese Garlic Basil Garlic Powder Salt Artichoke Hearts Spinach And 1/2 Cup Mozzarella
The savory blend of artichokes, spinach and parmesan cheese is positively . Try this hot, flavorful dip with toasted bread or tortilla chips. How to make spinach artichoke dip · preheat oven and mix ingredients: Who can deny the popularity of artichokes and spinach blended with cheeses? In a mixing bowl combine the cream cheese, mayonnaise, parmesan cheese, garlic, basil, garlic powder, salt, artichoke hearts, spinach and 1/2 cup mozzarella. Boil spinach and artichokes in 1 cup of water until tender and drain. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Ingredients · 2 cloves garlic minced · 1 box cream cheese softened · 1/3 cup mayonnaise · 1/3 cup sour cream · 1/2 cup grated parmesan . Baked spinach and artichoke dip is everything · preheat oven to 350°. Heat cream cheese in microwave for 1 minute or until hot and soft. In a medium sized bowl add the cream cheese, . How to make spinach artichoke dip · mix cream cheese, sour cream, and a bit of mayo until fluffy . Instructions · preheat oven to 350 degrees. Your guests will not stop eating this hot spinach artichoke dip until its. · in a mixing bowl stir together cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, garlic, parmesan, mozzarella .
Also Check: Bloody Mary Tito’s Recipe
Creamy Spinach And Artichoke Dip
Ive heard that everyone has a body double somewhere in the world. You knowsomeone who looks just like you, wandering around out there.
Enter in my good friend Kendee.
While my friend Kendee and I dont look anything alike, weve discovered that weve led independent yet freakishly parallel lives. Weve made a lot of the same life decisions without even knowing it.
Kendee and I grew up less than mile away from each other in Arizona but then headed our own ways. We both graduated from Computer Science. We both worked at the same Forensic Software company which I didnt find out later until I ran across some of her notes in some code I was working on.
She loves food as much as I do and had her food blog Pimp My Dinner before food blogs ever were. And our husbands happen to be equally sarcastic and witty. Not totally uncommon. But they take it to a new level.
She even recently moved to Florida and as we were catching we looked down and noticed that our wedding rings were almost identical. This was starting to get weird.
Since were on the same life path, I guess it was only a matter of time before this spinach artichoke dip came into my way. Okay, I know everyone has a spinach artichoke dip. Heck, I even already have this Spinach Artichoke Dip.
But as soon as I tasted this Creamy Spinach and Artichoke Dip at Kendees house on Christmas, I knew I had found a new favorite. I could not stop eating this.
And if you see my body double out there somewherelet me know.
Can I Use Fresh Spinach In Cheesy Spinach Artichoke Dip
Definitely! To use fresh spinach, make sure you first remove any woody stems. In a skillet, add a couple teaspoons of olive oil and cook until wilted. Chop and then squeeze out any remaining moisture. For this recipe, 10 ounces fresh spinach should cook down to 3/4 cup drained, and is equal to 5 ounces of frozen spinach.
Don’t Miss: Bloody Mary Dry Spice Mix Recipe
In A Medium Sized Bowl Add The Cream Cheese
How to make spinach artichoke dip · preheat oven and mix ingredients: The savory blend of artichokes, spinach and parmesan cheese is positively . In a medium sized bowl add the cream cheese, . Boil spinach and artichokes in 1 cup of water until tender and drain. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except baguette. Ingredients · 2 cloves garlic minced · 1 box cream cheese softened · 1/3 cup mayonnaise · 1/3 cup sour cream · 1/2 cup grated parmesan . Stir together cream cheese, gouda, mozzarella, spinach, artichoke hearts, scallions, mayonnaise, garlic, salt, and cayenne pepper in a . In a mixing bowl combine the cream cheese, mayonnaise, parmesan cheese, garlic, basil, garlic powder, salt, artichoke hearts, spinach and 1/2 cup mozzarella. Baked spinach and artichoke dip is everything · preheat oven to 350°. Heat cream cheese in microwave for 1 minute or until hot and soft. How to make spinach artichoke dip · mix cream cheese, sour cream, and a bit of mayo until fluffy . Try this hot, flavorful dip with toasted bread or tortilla chips. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Instructions · preheat oven to 350 degrees. · in a mixing bowl stir together cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, garlic, parmesan, mozzarella .
Hot Spinach And Artichoke Dip
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This rich and creamy Hot Spinach and Artichoke Dip recipe is easy, delicious and totally cheesy! Once mixed, this dip is baked until warm and melty in a bread bowl for the perfect football game appetizer.
I love spinach and artichoke dip! For as long as I can remember, its always been one of my go to dips either hot or cold.
A rich cheesy base loaded with spinach and marinated chopped artichokes and then baked until everything is warm and melty. There are very few things better than digging into this warm gooey bowl and scooping up a mouthful on a piece of garlic toasted bread.
This recipe calls for hearts. Marinated artichoke hearts are generally packed in jars with oil and seasonings . As you would expect, the marinated artichokes in jars have much more flavor because of the olive oil and seasonings.
If you substitute canned artichokes in this recipe, it will still be delicious but youll want to make sure you add a little bit of extra salt, pepper and seasonings along with small splash of olive oil.
You can most certainly mix the cream cheese, sour cream and mayo by hand but over the years Ive learned that using a mixer really makes dips light and fluffy.
Recommended Reading: Lemon Tea Recipe For Weight Loss
Slow Cooker Spinach Artichoke Dip
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This Slow Cooker Spinach Artichoke Dip recipe is rich and creamy, full of the best flavors, and extra-easy to make in the crockpot.
With the Super Bowl just away and even better, with my home team playing in the Super Bowl for the first time in 50 years it seemed like the right time to bump this one back to the top of the blog.
Friends, meet my favorite easy spinach artichoke dip recipe.
Ive made this spin dip probably about a million times by now sometimes using this crockpot version, sometimes just simmering everything together on the stovetop, sometimes sprinkling extra shredded cheese on top and baking the dip until its extra hot and bubbly in the oven. And every single time, Im telling you, this dip is a totalwinner.
That said, I probably most often turn to this crockpot spinach artichoke dip recipe because its the easiest of them all. Literally just toss everything together in a slow cooker, cook until the cheeses are completely melted, give everything a good stir, then grab your favorite dippers and dive on in. Its the perfect easy breezy dip recipe for entertaining. Its delicious with all kinds of dippers . And its pretty much guaranteed to be the hit of any party.
Alright, lets do this!
Why Do You Trim Artichokes
Cut artichokes react with air and will turn brown, so its best to clean and trim them just before cooking. When selecting artichokes at the store, squeeze them to see if they squeak, which is a sign of freshness. The leaves should not be cracked or overly dry, but some browning on the outer leaves is normal.
Recommended Reading: Lipton Beefy Onion Dip Recipe
How Do You Make Easy Spinach Artichoke Dip
Here are a few hints!
- Make sure your spinach is thawed and well drained. You dont want a soggy dip, so really squeeze that moisture out of the spinach.
- Make sure the cream cheese is softened. Not hotjust room temperature soft so that it can easily mix in to the other ingredients.
- We use marinated artichoke hearts. The marinade adds just a little extra flavor.
- Use a combination of both mayo and sour cream for the perfect creaminess and flavor.
- Use freshly grated parmesan. Cheese is best if you take the time to grate a block of cheese yourself. The cheese will melt more smoothly and wont be as greasy.
- We bake this in a 7×11 baking dish. If you have a fun oval casserole dish that isnt too large, that would work too!
The Easiest Cheesiest Party Dip
Artichoke dip is sort of the dip to end all dips, and I come back to this recipe over and over again. It is always a huge hit at our house.
We love the ooey gooey warm cheese filled with savory bits of artichoke. It is perfectly dippable. .
Now you can create your own go to party dip at home! It is so easy to make, and is perfect for last minute guests or large gatherings. Just add your favorite chip or cracker and you are good to go.
Add a bit of flair to this classic by throwing in a few sun-dried tomatoes or topping with crisp bacon bits. How ever you serve this classic snack, the bowl is sure to be wiped clean!
Also Check: Healthy Chicken Recipes For Diabetics
Can I Make This Dip Ahead Of Time
If youd like to make it ahead of time, I suggest preparing the dip up to 24 hours in advance, and storing it, covered, in the refrigerator. When youre ready to bake it, bring it to room temperature for 30 minutes first. The baking time will be the same as long as you allow it to come to room temperature first. I dont suggest baking it ahead of time.
Making Ahead + Storing
Make ahead: If you want to whip up the dip the day before you certainly can, just dont bake it. Cover and store it in the fridge. When you are ready to bake it, allow it to come to room temperature before sticking it in the oven. Bake according to recipe directions.
Store Leftovers: Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days. If you are only reheating a small amount, then use the microwave.
On the other hand, if you are REHEATING a large amount then heat the oven to 350°F. Bake, mixing it up a bit every few minutes, until warm throughout.
For more Sweet and Savory Dips, try:
You May Like: Recipes For People Who Hate Cooking
How To Make This Ahead And Store Leftovers
Making spinach artichoke dip is so quick and easy to make that you dont need to make ahead, but here are some ways of storing and warming up this spinach and artichoke dip.
- Making ahead before cooking: This will work well for making before your party. Simply mix all ingredients together following the instructions. Place in your skillet or pan for baking. Cover tightly and store in the refrigerator up to 8 hours. Once you are ready to bake, add a few extra minutes and bake according to directions.
- Can you cook this spinach artichoke dip ahead of time? Yes, after baking the spinach artichoke dip let cool completely. Once it is cooled either tightly cover it with wrap or add it to another air tight container to store in the refrigerator. It will sit in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 days.
- Warming up: When ready to reheat, add it to an oven safe pan and reheat it until it is nice and bubbly hot or warm up slowly in a slow cooker on low or warm setting. You can also reheat over the stove top on low stirring occasionally until it is warm to the touch.