Serving Suggestions For Chicken Taco Soup
Serve this soup in these pretty bowls or these with your favorite fixings. The fixings that you put on top of this soup will take the flavor to the next level! You can garnish this flavorful taco soup with whatever you like. Personally, I like shredded cheddar cheese, hot sauce, and tortilla chips on top of my soup. You can also just dip some warm and crusty ciabatta bread, or a slice of cornbread right into it. Delicious!
Load it up! Here are some suggested toppings for your taco soup:
- Crushed tortilla chips
- Stir to combine all ingredients.
- Add the carton of chicken broth and stir. Bring to a simmer.
- Place lid on pan and simmer on low heat for 25 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite toppings. Enjoy!
I cant wait for you to make this taco soup. If you are not big on spicy food, dont worry, the fire-roasted tomatoes arent very spicy but they do add wonderful flavor.
You are gonna love this recipe so much that it will make it into your regular meal rotation.
More Recipes to try:
Wendys Chili Easy Copycat Recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This simple Wendys Chili Recipe is SPOT ON! Also, easy and delicious! Make a double batch and freeze some for later, and make sure to add it to this weeks meal plan!
This Wendys Chili Recipe is one of my most popular recipes. And for good reason its delicious! If you love Wendys Chili, then this is a great recipe for you. Go ahead and check out the comments to see what others are saying! We like to serve our Wendys Chili with this cornbread recipe or our sweet cornbread. And easy peanut butter cookies for dessert.
Taco Ranch Chicken Chili
Im back with a new recipe this time something savory and healthy! This Taco Ranch White Chicken Chili is is made with just 5 ingredients in a slow cooker or instant pot!
It is the perfect weeknight dinner and I even made a quick video to show just how easy it is to whip up.
It feels like it has been 10 years since I have been here with a new recipe. I know its only been a few weeks, but it feels so much longer.
I hope all of you had an amazing time with your families celebrating the holidays! This year Christmas was probably one of the best Christmases I have ever had.
The girls were old enough to be excited about their toys and I loved watching their faces as they unwrapped their many gifts. Then we did sparklers on New Years another first and now somehow here we are in mid January.
It is a mash up of a white chicken chili and our favorite salsa chicken combined into one amazing meal. It might sound a little different, but I promise the flavors pair perfectly together and the whole family will love this recipe. My girls gobble it up and trust me, that is saying something!
This Taco Ranch Chicken Chili can be made in a crock pot in 4 hours , or in an instant pot in about 30 minutes from start to finish. It also happens to be gluten free for anyone with an intolerance.
Don’t Miss: French Onion Dip Recipe Easy
How To Make Beas Taco Soup
- 1Brown ground beef & onions & drain. Mix the dry Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Seasoning Mix & Taco Seasoning Mix with meat. Add all other ingredients.
- 2At this point you can transfer to a crockpot and cook on high for a couple of hours or so or on low for several hours. ORyou can leave on stove top, bring to a boil then cook on medium-low for a couple of hours.
- 3TOPPINGS: serve with shredded cheese, sour cream, black olives, Tostitos, nacho chips or Fritos on top.
- 4*Sometimes I use creamed corn and this works very well. I have also used frozen corn but I do add about 1/2 cup water. Also, I use my own frozen tomatoes . This is a recipe you can play around with.
- 5CHECK OUT JOYCE NEWMANS HOMEMADE TACO SEASONING:https://www.justapinch.com/recipe/joyce-newman/taco-seasoning/quick-easy-healthy-chicken?page=1#comment573920
- Last Step: Dont forget to share! Make all your friends drool by posting a picture of your finished recipe on your favorite social network. And dont forget to tag Just A Pinch and include #justapinchrecipes so we can see it too!
How To Make This Homemade Chili Recipe
You May Like: Jordan’s Skinny Syrups Keto Recipes
Taco Soup With Ranch Packet
Ground beef or turkey · 1/2 yellow onion, chopped · 15 oz. Taco seasoning packet · 1 oz. Add beef broth and stir. A packet of hidden valley ranch dressing mix , and a . Add crushed tomatoes, pinto beans, water, corn, black beans, diced tomatoes and green chiles, black olives, ranch dressing, and taco seasoning.
Recommended Reading: Campbells Tomato Soup Sloppy Joe Recipe
How To Store Taco Soup
Taco soup will last for about one week in the fridge, though you can also freeze it! Store in individual portions in an airtight container or freezer-safe baggie. When ready to eat, simply reheat in the microwave or on the stove.
You May Like: Sex On The Beach Shot Recipe
How To Serve Chicken Chili
I like to set out toppings in bowls on the dinner table along with the pot of chili. Then everyone can make their own bowl or eat the chicken chili as is with no toppings. Here are some ideas for toppings.
- sliced avocado
- Place chicken breasts in the slow cooker. Add the remaining ingredients and stir together.
- Cover with lid and let cook on low for 7-8 hours.
- About 1 hour before end of cook time, take out the chicken and shred with 2 forks. You could also just shred the chicken inside the crock pot if wanted. Add the shredded chicken back in and let cook for the remaining 1 hour.
- Serve with all your favorite toppings.
How To Make This:
Place ingredients into your slow cooker- the Great Northern Beans, Rotel, Taco Seasoning, Ranch mix, and Chicken.
Place lid on slow cooker- cook on high for 4 hours or low for about 8 hours.
Shred chicken- using two forks, shred chicken and stir to reincorporate.
Serve chili in bowls- add your favorite toppings and enjoy!
Also Check: Nature’s Recipe Grain Free
Cream Cheese Chicken Chili
Chili is an amazing comfort food and crowd pleaser do to its versatility and that it can be served with most anything. Now imagine adding cream cheese to your chili! This recipe is so easy. Its a fix-it-and-forget-it kind of dinner. I was inspired to make it after finding the recipe on Plain Chicken. First you will need 3 chicken breasts, 1 can of Rotel, 1 can of corn, 1 can of black beans, 1 can of white beans, onion powder, chili powder, cumin and a packet of ranch seasoning.
The recipe is full of flavor with rich seasonings and teens will love it because they can eat it up right after they get back from school! If you are not in any hurry I recommend cooking this on low for 6-8 hours. If time is tight this can be cooked on high for 4-6 hours!
First place your chicken breasts at the bottom of your crock pot.
Then drain and rinse the black beans and add in the corn. Add them on top of the chicken. Next add the Rotel and the white beans all of the seasonings and place the brick of cream cheese on top.
Cook everything for 6-8 hours and then shred chicken with 2 forks. Stir together and serve.
How To Serve White Chicken Chili:
White chicken chili can be served over baked potatoes or as an appetizer with tortilla chips. Garnish with:
If you make this recipe, Id love to see pics of your creations on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter! Hashtag them #natashaskitchen
Q: What is YOUR favorite way to use an Instant Pot? If you were to name 1 recipe that makes owning an instant pot worthwhile, what would it be?
Don’t Miss: Campbell’s Cream Of Chicken Pot Pie Recipe
What Is Textured Vegetable Protein
Textured Vegetable Protein is a dried soy product that looks like bulgur wheat, except the individual protein grains of TVP have a more ragged and crunchy appearance . TVP is convenient because you can keep it in the cupboard and bring it out when needed. You dont have to refrigerate it or defrost it before using. TVP can be rehydrated easily with water or your favorite broth, generally in a 1:1 ratio: 1 cup of TVP to 1 cup of liquid.
TVP and Bulgur Wheat look similar, but TVP has a crunchier texture and more jagged appearance.
You May Like: Lipton Onion Soup Pot Roast
If You Love Slow Cooker/crockpot Meals Check Out These Other Favorites Too:
In fact, one of my favorite kitchen appliances to use year round, is my slow cooker. I dont have to heat my house or use up any of my day making dinner during the summer. I can spend the day in the pool, come home, and have dinner on the table in no time! In the winter, nothing says comfort food like a tasty slow cooker meal, right?!
Last week, after a full day in the sun, the kids and I came back home and I served this for dinner. I had put the ingredients into my slow cooker before we left, and when we came home hours later, the house smelled incredible! Yes, I served chili in the summer, we are a year round casserole/soup family!
My oldest son even asked for seconds of this! It was packed with flavor and made enough for us all to have it again for dinner the next night!
Whether this be enjoyed as a summer meal, or on a cold evening in the Fall/winter, this is a must try recipe!
Don’t Miss: Vegan Recipes Everyone Will Love
Ranch Chicken Chili Ingredients:
- boneless, skinless chicken breasts plain old chicken breasts will be infused with flavor! If you prefer dark meat, substitute boneless, skinless chicken thighs.
- Chopped onion this is the only ingredient in this recipe that needs to be chopped. If you just cant talk yourself into the drudgery of onion chopping, you can totally sub 2 tsp minced, dried onion or a teaspoon of onion powder.
- diced tomato with chiles we call this Rotel in the midwest, regardless of brand. Simply open the can and dump it in. If your eaters have super picky taste buds, you could substitute a can of petite diced tomatoes instead.
- black beans open them, rinse and drain them, and then add them to the chili|
- dry ranch dressing mix the little envelope you find at the market. If you really, really want to up your game you can add these ranch seasonings instead.
- taco seasoning were using taco seasoning instead of chili powder to mix things up. It pairs with the ranch beautifully!
- Corn fresh, frozen or canned. You choose!
- chicken broth adds a burst of flavor. Vegetable broth works, too.
- cream cheese if youre watching calories you can substitute light cream cheese, sometimes called neufchatel
- Garnishes and toppings Chopped cilantro, lime wedges, shredded cheese or sour cream.
Ive been making this crockpot recipe for almost a decade now, and have recently started making this as an Instant Pot recipe, too.
Damn!! That makes me sound old.
Taco Soup Recipe Without Ranch Dressing
Years ago I used to make a taco soup that contained hamburger, taco seasoning, tomatoes, and Velveeta. I cant remember the rest of the ingredients, or the directions. I do know it contained no Ranch dressing. I cant stand Ranch dressing! All of the recipes I have found on-line contain Ranch dressing. If anyone has the recipe or something similar I would appreciate it. Thanks.
Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Paula Deen has an excellent Taco Soup recipe you can try and just ditch the ranch dressing mix if you must. Personally, I think you should try using the dressing mix because the soup is not going to taste like ranch dressing at all because of the other ingredients in the recipe and the ranch dressing packet is used for the herbs and spices it contains as a flavor enhancement for the soup .
Here is one that I got off the internet but dont know where.
1 large can refried beans1 can black beans, drained1 can rotell tomatoes1 small can green chilies1 small onion, diced1 small can of cornspices to taste
Garnish with sour cream, grated cheddar chees, chips and black olives. You can add either cooked beef or chicken.
I have a great soup that is similar but made with chicken:2 chicken skinless breast 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
You May Like: Lady Boss Lean Recipe Book
Wendys Chili Recipe Ingredients
- Ground beef Browned and drained. We typically use something with a lower fat content since it is drained off, but you can use whatever you prefer .
- Sweet yellow onions Rough chopped, no need to get fancy as this will be simmering for a long time!
- Green peppers We use green bell pepper, not hot peppers. Remove the seeds and pith, then rough chop.
- Celery Take off the leafy top and rough chop the stem.
- Garlic Fresh garlic will give you the most flavor, but feel free to use pre-minced garlic in a jar if you dont have any fresh available.
- Ranch Style Beans Dont drain! You can or at the grocery store, usually near the baked beans.
- Dark red kidney beans Go ahead and drain these, as theyre not seasoned. we typically use two of the 15 ounce can kidney beans, but if you can find 30 ounce cans, those work too. If the can sizes are a little above or below whats called for, this is not a problem.
- Original Rotel Diced Tomatoes and Green Chili Some grocery stores carry a generic brand this is fine too!
- Stewed tomatoes You can use fresh tomatoes if you prefer, but we like to use canned tomatoes.
- Tomato sauce Not spaghetti sauce and not tomato juice! Tomato sauce is plain sauce made from tomatoes and found in the canned tomato section.
- McCormick Mild Chili Seasoning This is definitely my favorite seasoning! Its available at most markets .
Ground beef, onion, celery, and green bell pepper chopped and ready!
Mistakes To Avoid When Making Chili
Also Check: High Protein Vegetarian Slow Cooker Recipes
A Packet Of Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Mix And A
Add corn, beans, rotel, diced tomatoes, ranch seasoning, and taco seasoning. Can whole kernel corn, drained · 1.25 oz. Stir in the ranch dressing and taco seasoning packets. Add beef broth and stir. Add crushed tomatoes, pinto beans, water, corn, black beans, diced tomatoes and green chiles, black olives, ranch dressing, and taco seasoning. Taco seasoning and ranch dressing mix give the soup its superb flavor, so you dont have to have a dozen individual spices on hand. Cook and stir another minute. Instructions · brown the ground beef and chopped onion in a large pot until beef is no longer pink . The best taco soup ranch dressing mix recipes on yummly | taco soup, taco soup, taco soup. Add the in drained diced tomatoes, rotel tomatoes, and green chilies . Taco seasoning packet · 1 oz. Ingredients include ground beef, kidney beans and a packet of ranch mix. A packet of hidden valley ranch dressing mix , and a .
Taco seasoning and ranch dressing mix give the soup its superb flavor, so you dont have to have a dozen individual spices on hand. Ingredients · ground turkey · taco seasoning · ranch dressing/dip mix · chicken broth · minced onion · canned hominy or corn . The best taco soup ranch dressing mix recipes on yummly | taco soup, taco soup, taco soup. Add corn, beans, rotel, diced tomatoes, ranch seasoning, and taco seasoning.