Let’s Make Avocado Egg Toast
It’s low maintenance, takes about 2 minutes to prep, and a recipe that keeps you full for hours even this breastfeeding mama.
Here we go!
How To Make Avocado Toast And Eggs
- Toast the bread: Heat a large non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Lay the bread slices and toast them until crisp and golden brown on both sides. Set aside. Alternatively, you can toast the bread in a toaster, or bake in the preheated oven at 375F for 4-6 minutes.
- Next, cook the eggs: To the same preheated pan, heat the oil on medium-low heat. Crack in the eggs, cook them for about 6-8 minutes, or until the whites are fully set and the yolk is cooked to your favorite doneness.
- Prepare the avocado: Meanwhile, to a shallow plate, mash the avocado with salt, pepper, and lemon juice.
- Assemble the toast: To assemble the toast, spread a spoonful of mashed avocado over the toast.
- Top the toast with eggs and serve: Top with 1 fried egg and season with a pinch of salt and freshly ground pepper. Serve with pickled red onion and enjoy!
Grated Egg Avocado Toast
Published: · Modified: Aug 8, 2022 by Archana · This post may contain affiliate links · As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases ·
Just when you think you’ve seen avocado toast in every way possible, here comes a TikTok trend that blows your mind. Its so good that Ive been craving this brilliant Grated Egg Avocado Toast for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I love to mix salty, sweet, and spicy flavors so heres my take on the awesome trend that has breathed new life into a breakfast classic.
Recommended Reading: Campbell’s Tomato Soup Recipes Pasta
Healthy 5 Minute Avocado Toast
Healthy avocado toast is super easy to make and makes the perfect addition to any breakfast or an anytime snack!Avocado toast has become my new favorite breakfast/snack. Its healthy, simple, and delicious and best of all, its super easy to make and ready in under 5 minutes. In fact, this recipe is so simple we can hardly call it a recipe, but I had to share it with you because of how good it is!
This recipe is for simple avocado toast but the possibilities are endless. Sometimes we like to zest up the avocado toast and top it with tomatoes, bacon, beans, jalapeno, spinach, salmon, or pretty much anything else!To begin, simply toast your bread You can use any kind of toast or sliced bread you have but I like to use crusty bread or whole grain toast. Next, mash an avocado in a small bowl with a fork. Add cilantro, lime, and salt + pepper then spread the mixture on the toasted slice of bread. Sprinkle with pepper flakes and serve!
If youre having it for breakfast go ahead and top the avocado with an egg cooked any way you like. Our favorite is a sunny side up but poached, scrambled or even hard-boiled also works well.
Recipe Tips To Make The Best Avocado Toast Recipe
- Use thick and sturdy bread to prevent the toast from falling apart.
- Use ripe avocados. To check if an avocado is ripe, remove the stem on top gently. If it comes out easily and the stem color is green, your avocado is ripe enough. If its brown, its too ripe. It the stem doesnt come out easily, its still raw.
- Add in flavors to your avocado, like garlic, lime or lemon juice, chili pepper, spices etc.
- Add other toppings like jalapeño, sliced onions, smoked salmon, tomatoes etc.
- Eat your avocado toast right after you assemble it. It will get soggy and unpleasant when left uneaten for too long.
Also Check: Progresso Chicken And Wild Rice Soup Recipe
Why Youll Love This Healthy Avocado Toast Recipe
- Its easy! Apart from cooking the eggs, it takes minutes to put this avocado toast together.
- Its good for you. If you havent heard about all the wonders of avocado, then Im here to share with you! Avocados are extremely nutrient dense as they have nearly 20 different vitamins and minerals as well as contain heart-healthy monounsaturated fat.
- Its customizable. You can make this as simple or as fancy as you want. Pretty much everything goes well with avocado toast. Ill have some suggestions down below on how you can customize avocado toast.
Mash Your Avocado Separately
Mashed avocado is more creamy and luxurious than sliced avocado . But dont mash it on the toast! You risk poking holes in your toast or smashing it. Cut your avocados in half, remove the pit, scoop the flesh into a bowl or onto the side of your plate, and mash it up with a fork.
Mashing a lot of avocados at once? Use a potato masher or pastry cutter instead of a measly little fork.
Don’t Miss: Milk And Egg Allergy Recipes
Whats So Special About Grated Egg Toast
First of all, grating the hardboiled eggs achieves a phenomenal texture. The heap of finely shredded eggs is light, fluffy, and richlike shredded cheese that practically melts in your mouth. Grating also distributes the cooked egg yolks and egg whites more evenly. Its so delicious and theres no chalky taste or feel at all, as can sometimes happen with hardboiled eggs.It looks impressive and gorgeous, and fun to eat! Its also an incredibly easy and nutritious meal. Need I say more??
How To Choose Avocados
Ripe avocados are essential for the best avocado toast. Heres how to tell whether or not an avocado is ready:
- Gently squeeze the avocado with the palm of your hand . If it yields slightly, its ready to eat. If it doesnt yield and feels firm, it needs a day or two. If it gives easily, its probably overripe and possibly spotty inside.
- Check under the stem. Use your fingers to pull the stem at the top of the avocado gently. If, when you remove it, its green underneath, youve found an avocado thats ready to eat. If its hard to remove, it needs a couple of days. If its brown underneath, the avocado is overripe.
If youve found yourself a ripe avocado, then youre well on your way to fantastic avocado toast. All you need is a toasted slice of bread, mashed avocado and a bit of salt. Id be happy with this any day, but its fun to play with other variations.
Don’t Miss: Sauteed Vegetables Recipe For Weight Loss
Avocado Toast With Sunny Side Egg
Made on whole grain toast with mashed avocado, a runny egg and a few dashes of hot sauce 5 ingredients, 5 minutes to make, it doesnt get better than that!
Im not much of a breakfast person, most mornings I usually grab a cup of coffee, a hard boiled egg and a piece of fruit, or whip up a smoothie. But lately, Ive been obsessed with avocado toast for breakfast, especially when I have avocados in my fridge that need to be used up. Its a simple, healthy breakfast when you need something delicious and fast. I also got Tommy and Karina on board, we all love avocado toast!!
What Other Toppings Can I Add
Feel free to add just about any other toppings you like! Some other goodies we like are shredded or grated cheeses, crumbled blue cheese, chopped onion, crumbled cooked bacon, salmon lox, Greek yogurt, radishes, red pepper flakes, honey, Everything Bagel Seasoning even Canadian bacon and pineapple. Play around with other fresh herbs, too, like chopped cilantro, dill, or scallions.
Don’t Miss: Tazo Chai Tea Bags Recipe
The Viral Tik Tok Recipe
The original recipe is the creation of Sarah Thomas-Drawbaugh of Healthyish. Its not surprising its gone viral when a quick and easy breakfast idea turns out looking and tasting this good!! Her recipe calls for kewpie mayo and sriracha along with avocado and grated eggs. Sounds yumm! So excited to add this recipe to my list of FAV TikTok Recipes.
What To Put On Avocado Toast
We top this avocado toast with a fried egg, but the sky is the limit on what you can use to top your toast. Eggs work well for breakfast, as do thinly sliced tomatoes or smoked salmon as a different spin on a cream cheese and lox bagel. Try adding veggies like cucumber, sprouts or salad greens to give your avocado toast a more lunch-like vibe. And of course, you can add a flavorful drizzle like Sriracha, balsamic glaze or salsa to finish it off.
Recommended Reading: Weight Watchers Turkey Chili Recipe
How To Store Avocado
If you happen to have any leftover avocado thats already been sliced or diced, squeeze it with some extra lemon juice and store it in an airtight container for up to 4 days or keep frozen for up to 6 months. Great for tossing in smoothies!
If its mashed, keep it in a bowl, squeeze some lemon juice on top , and cover tightly with plastic wrap, pressing the wrap right next to the mashed avocado. Keep it in the fridge for up to 4 days. Scrape off the brown top layer before using it again.
Simple Smashed Avocado Ingredients
- Avocados Ripe, but not bruised.
- Chives These add a gorgeous pop of flavour.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil Helps give the smashed avo a silky texture. It also adds a gentle background flavour.
- Lemon Juice Enhances the natural flavours of the avocado and prevents it from browning.
- Salt and Pepper Season well with a good pinch of salt and black pepper.
When it comes to smashing the avocado, just make sure you dont mash it into oblivion. You want to keep a bit of texture, so a few lumps here and there are fine!
Read Also: Easy To Make Keto Recipes
How To Make The Best Avocado Toast
Why Should I Add An Egg To Avocado Toast
There are so many more health benefits you can receive from avocado toast by just adding an egg! The combination of eggs and avocado ensures a whole range of properties essential to protecting brain cells. The good fats, which we know avocado is rich in, keep neurons healthy. They also help to metabolize glucose and promote brain activity.
Eating eggs together with avocado promotes the synthesis of stress-reducing hormones. Youll also get vitamin D and B-complex vitamins, which help combat anxiety, irritability and depression. See I knew there was a reason why avocado toast with eggs makes me so happy!
Eggs combined with avocado is also an excellent way to fight aging. This food combination contains vitamin C which promotes the synthesis of collagen and vitamin A, in the form of retinol and beta-carotene, which protects the skin from oxidative stress damage.
So now that you know how healthy this breakfast choice is, lets talk about how easy it is to make!
Also Check: Nice Recipes To Make At Home
Avocado Egg Toast Ingredients
- Bread: Any bread works, I normally use a whole grain bread like 21 Grain or Health Nut.
- Cream Cheese: You don’t need much, just about 2 Tablespoons. I’m dairy-free , so my go-to is Kite Hill Plain cream cheese. For someone that loves cream cheese, this is really good!
- Avocado: You need 1 avocado, 1/2 on each slice of bread.
- Eggs: You’ll need 2 eggs. My go-to brand is Vital Farms.
- Everything But The Bagel Seasoning: Or any of your favorite spice combination
What You’ll Need
Here’s a glance at the ingredients you’ll need to make this recipe.
- Any large, good-quality slice of bread that toasts well will work here. Sourdough, rye, and hearty seeded multigrain are my top choices.
- Nice, ripe Hass avocados make the best avocado toast. They’re creamy and buttery and fabulous. If, like me, you don’t live in an area where avocados grow, you’ll still probably be able to find them at various stages of ripeness in your local stores. If you do live somewhere with plenty of access to different avocado varieties, feel free to use your favorite creamy cultivar.
- A big squeeze of fresh lemon juice changes everything. Don’t skip it.
- You’ll need one tablespoon of really good dairy for your scrambled eggs. I prefer organic heavy cream, but you can use light cream, half and half, or even whole milk if you prefer.
- Here and pretty much everywhere, I like to use cultured butter from grass-fed cows. It sounds fancy but doesn’t have to be. Kerrygold, for example, is available in grocery stores and reasonably priced.
- I don’t often call out the salt and pepper in an ingredient list, but here I will. I use two kinds of salt: a little bit of my usual fine sea salt goes into the eggs, and flaky sea salt gets sprinkled over the avocado. Maldon makes a wonderful, flexible finishing salt for all kinds of dishes, but you can sub in more fine sea salt if that’s what you’ve got. Don’t skimp on the freshly ground black pepper. In a recipe this simple, it really adds dimension.
Also Check: Dark Rum And Coke Recipe
How To Make It
Here’s an overview of what you’ll do to make avocado toast with scrambled egg. You can see the steps in action in the video that accompanies this post, and get all the details in the recipe card below.
Is Avocado Egg Toast Healthy
I say this often to friends, but “healthy’ is a relative term. What is healthy to one person, is not for another. From my perspective, this recipe is healthy. The ingredient list has whole grain bread, a healthy fat, and lots of protein. But for someone that needs less carbs or lower fats, this might not be the best option. When it comes to recipes that are labeled “healthy”, use your best judgement for if they are healthy for you.
You May Like: Raw Vegan Recipes For Weight Loss
The Easiest And Prettiest Avocado Toast With Egg Recipe A Super Healthy Breakfast Or Snack Option Ready In Just Minutes
When we go out for breakfast which isnt often with our busy schedules I pretty much always order the same thing. Avocado toast with eggs . Chris often teases me because he says I could order the most lavish, hard to make breakfast. And instead I order something I could easily make at home in a matter of mere minutes. What can I say, I love it!
I know avocado toast has been a popular healthy breakfast option for awhile now. But did you know that adding an egg will make it even healthier?! Let me share with you all the reasons why I love this healthy duo and how to make this yummy breakfast you see here too!
Why You Will Love This Avocado Breakfast Recipe
- Healthy and nutritious: with the right amount of healthy fats, protein, and fiber, this is the perfect healthy breakfast recipe to jumpstart your day.
- Easy to make: This avocado toast with eggs is easy to make and needs only 15 minutes to put together.
- Versatile and delicous: Avocado toast is one of the most fun breakfast meals to make. Get creative and add your favorite toppings.
You May Like: Old Fashioned Recipe Angel’s Envy
Avocado Toast With Sunny
Recipe by Savi Sharma
This ultimate breakfast of avocado toast with sunny-side egg combines all the easily available things in the market like bread and avocado. This recipe tastes amazing so you must try it!