Use Heavy Whipping Cream In The Cream Cheese Frosting
How To Store Banana Bread
Even when you follow all the recipe tips mentioned above, banana bread tends to dry out when storing it overnight.
Here are some storage tips to keep your banana bread moist and delicious:
- Allow your bread to cool on a wire rack or a plate before refrigerating it.
- Slice your bread in thick and even slices. Eat to your hearts content.
- In the unlikely event of leftovers, pack the remaining slices in plastic wrap while its still a little warm. This will prevent it from going dry. Tin foils and airtight containers also work well at preserving the quality of the bread. Make sure that it is wrapped nice and tightly.
- Place the wrapped slices inside a freezer bag. Press the bag to get rid of excess air, and gently close the seal completely.
Serving And Storage Instructions
I always have one or two bananas in a bunch that get too ripe for my liking, so I wait for them to get speckled in anticipation of making this fabulicious banana cake. And you can freeze your overripe bananas or the banana cake to have on hand when the craving hits or unexpected guests come knocking. And best of all, it still tastes delightfully delicious even without the frosting! Oh yes!
Make-Ahead Bake the cake as instructed and then wrap it tightly with a plastic wrap once cooled completely. It will keep for seven days in the fridge and three months in the freezer. I recommend frosting the cake a day before serving.
StoringLeftovers Store the leftovers in an airtight container or wrap the cake slices in plastic wrap slices individually. You can keep the leftover banana cake in the fridge for up to a week. And up to three months in the freezer to extend its shelf life.
Tip: You can keep the unfrosted cake on the counter for three days at room temperature. If you intend to frost your cake, I highly recommend refrigerating it for at least two hours before frosting.
Don’t Miss: Neem Oil Pest Control Recipe
Simple Banana Cake Recipe
Simple banana cake recipe that is easy to make, makes use of just few ingredients and produces fluffy, moist banana cake. Let me show you how to make the best banana cake recipe with this step by step guide.
This banana cake recipe is so good! Result of loads of testing, fine tuning and making this recipe for years. It’s light, packed full of banana flavour from the bananas and can be served as dessert or even used as celebration cake.
You can make this cake in loaf tin, square or round cake pans. I have included measurements for loaf tin, 6 and 8 inch round cakes so you can make use of whichever of those pans you have.
The Best Banana Cake Ever
Confession time: Ive been holding out on you. You see, this banana cake. Oh, this cake. Its been on my list to share for some time now, but I always seem to get side-tracked! So today Im putting an end to the hold-out, sharing my favorite recipe for this epic, perfectly moist, perfectly flavorful, cream-cheese-frosted banana cake.
Dudes, its so great I cant even tell you. Like, so great you should probably go ahead and make it now.
You may think that you dont need a whole layer cake sitting on your counter on a random weekday, but Im here to debunk that negativity. You do need cake. Cake needs you. Its a relationship thats bound to happen, so dont fight it. You can diet when the cake is gone. Trust me, thats my lifes motto.
You May Like: Smirnoff Cucumber Lime Vodka Recipes
Banana Cake: Ingredients And Substitutions
As always, let’s chat about the ingredients in this easy banana cake recipe.
- All-purpose flour. Cake flour can be used in place of all-purpose flour for a slightly lighter texture. Bread flour and pastry flour also work well!
- Salted butter. Unsalted butter works perfectly in this banana cake recipe. You just may need to increase the amount of sea salt. You can also substitute up to half of the butter with canola oil or applesauce with great results!
- Granulated sugar. I found that granulated sugar yielded the lightest, fluffiest cake. You can replace up to ½ cup of the white sugar with brown sugar for a little bit of a richer flavor!
- Sour Cream. Greek yogurt can be used in place of sour cream with great results!
- Whole Milk. 2% milk can be used in place of whole milk, but I would avoid skim and fat-free milk, because the fat is necessary for the best texture.
- NOTE: you can substitute both the sour cream and whole milk with 1 ½ cups of buttermilk. I just never have it on hand so I chose to create a recipe without relying on it!
Swirled With Chocolate Ganache
Do you remember how to make chocolate ganache? I have an entire chocolate ganache tutorial page if youre not sure. You need just 2 ingredients: real chocolate and heavy cream. I recommend Bakers or Ghirardelli brand baking semi-sweet chocolate bars, which is sold in the baking aisle near the chocolate chips.
***It took several test variations to learn that the consistency of the ganache will make or break todays cake recipe. If the ganache is too thin and warm, it will turn this into a thin chocolate banana cake batter. If its too thick, it will prevent the portions of cake batter surrounding it from baking so youll have this unpleasant and strange combination of baked and unbaked cake batter.***
How to avoid this: Let the ganache cool at room temperature for about 30 minutes until its about the consistency of gravy.
Don’t Miss: Pumpkin And Greek Yogurt Recipes
Banana Chocolate Chip Crumb Cake
Super-moist banana crumb cake layered with cinnamon, brown sugar, and chocolate chip streusel.
After the crumb cake received rave reviews from our family, I knew I had to share the recipe with you.
This coffee cake/crumb cake recipe actually comes from my Amy. Amy and her family enjoy this banana chocolate chip crumb cake every year on Christmas. The crumb cake is left fabulously moist from these 3 ingredients: mashed ripe bananas, yogurt, and creamed butter. I actually took out some of the butter from the original recipe and subbed in more yogurt. With so much flavor and so much streusel, you wont even miss the butter. Promise.
The streusel is made from cinnamon, brown sugar, chocolate chips, and pecans. You can leave out the nuts if desired or swap the pecans for walnuts. Not only is the streusel sprinkled on top of the crumb cake, its also layered inside prior to baking. Once your batter is mixed together, youll layer half of the batter, then half of the streusel on top. And repeat:
So many melty chocolate chips in every bite. But not too much chocolate to overpower the banana, brown sugar, and cinnamon flavors. Youll taste it all, youll love it all.
This cake is exactly why breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. Its perfectly acceptable to have dessert and call it a meal.
Make The Frosting & Assemble
You May Like: Nature’s Recipe Salmon Sweet Potato And Pumpkin
To Make Banana Cupcakes
Banana cupcakes are perfect for a family dessert, or a classroom or team party! The riper the bananas, the smoother your cupcakes will be and the sweeter banana flavor they will have. Remember to very gently fold in the beaten egg whites for the fluffiest results!
3. Cream together the butter, sugar, yolks, and milk. Add remaining ingredients and of course mashed bananas.
4. Gently fold in the beaten egg whites until fully incorporated and scoop into prepared muffin or cupcake tins.
Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Before decorating allow to completely cool.
Can I Substitute Sour Cream
If you dont have sour cream you can substitute in plain greek yogurt . Just be sure to mix the yogurt well before measuring to prevent all the liquid juices from being too much in the batter.
Trust me, once you try this ultimate moist banana bread recipe with sour cream youll never make it without it again!
You May Like: Instant Pot Meal Prep Recipes
Can I Freeze Overripe Bananas
If you have overripe bananas and arent ready to bake with them, DO NOT throw them away!
How to Freeze Bananas: place them un-peeled in a freezer-safe bag, remove any excess air and freeze up to 3 months. You can use thawed bananas for banana bread. You can also freeze them peeled and cut into pieces for easier use in smoothies. P.S. You can also freeze a whole banana bread with the same method!
Chocolate Marble Banana Bundt Cake
This chocolate marble banana Bundt cake is based off of this banana cake recipe. Its a reader favorite and loved recipe because the cake is always moist, buttery, and full of banana flavor. Here were baking it in a Bundt pan and swirling it with real chocolate ganache so each bite has a delicious fudge-like ripple. Well have extra chocolate ganache for the topping, too!
You May Like: Easy Tasty Recipes For Snacks
If You Love This Recipe You Will Also Love
We loveee baking with bananas around here! We also love cake! Here are some of our favorite recipes:
- My favorite peanut butter breakfast bars and peanut butter baked oatmeal are both baked with bananas!
- These are literally the best banana muffins you will ever make or eat! Seriously the best.
- If you’re a cake lover, you have to try our recipe for the best, moist chocolate cake in the world!
- Try this healthy banana bread! It’s delicious and no one can tell it’s good for you!
If you make and love our recipes, it would mean so much to me if you would leave a comment and rating! And don’t forget to follow along with us on , , , and – be sure to tag @joyfoodsunshine and use the hashtag #joyfoodsunshine so we can your creations!
Can I Speed Up The Ripening Process
Waiting for your bananas to ripen can be a pain, but theres an easy way to make it happen faster! Simply place the bananas into a paper bag with additional fruits that ripen after theyre picked like peaches, plums or kiwi.
These fruits release something known as ethylene, and if you keep them in a paper bag, the ethylene builds up and causes them to ripen more quickly. You want the bananas to be nice and browned not only do they get easier to mash up, but they also become sweeter and more flavorful!
Also Check: Boneless Pork Sirloin Roast Recipe
How To Make Banana Bread:
This is the easiest banana bread recipe. We mix it in a stand mixer because its easy, but you can use an electric hand mixer and can even make it work with a hand whisk. There is no fancy equipment required. Watch the video tutorial below and you will be a pro in no time!
The Ultimate Moist Banana Bread
This ultimate moist banana bread is supersoft and flavorful truly the best banana bread recipe! This homemade banana bread is easy to whip up, can be mixed by hand using one bowl, and stays unbelievably moist for DAYS! Say hello to your new favorite loaf of love!
Don’t Miss: Crepe Recipe With Oat Milk
To Bake This Jamie Oliver Moist Banana Cake You Need:
- Mixer It only takes a hand mixer, but a stand mixer will make things even easier.
- Food processor This food processor is my favorite for pureeing bananas.
- Baking pan In testing this recipe, I discovered that a glass or ceramic baking pan works best. The Jamie Oliver Moist Banana Cake wont rise as high in a nonstick pan.
- Sifter It is best to use a fine-mesh sieve, but a sifter will also work.
Tips For Making Banana Cake
- Sift flour before use. This will help with lighter cake.
- Bring butter and eggs to room temperature.
- It’s important to use ripe bananas. Over ripe bananas are the best for this recipe especially the ones with black spots. They are sweeter and pack more flavour.
- Dont have self raising flour? you can make it by adding a teaspoon of baking powder to every 125g of plain flour.
- If you don’t have hand mixer , use wooden spoon .
- Do not overmix batter once the flour has gone in so you get light and airy cakes.
- Use 2 cake pans as instructed so cakes comes out lighter and softer. If batter is made in one pan rather than 2, it will take longer to bake and not be as light and spongy as dividing in two pans.
- Put cake pan in middle of the oven for best heat distribution.
- Do not open the oven in the first 30 minutes while cake is baking. Doing so might cause cake to sink in the middle.
- Cool cake on cooling rack.
Read Also: Garrett’s Caramel Corn Recipe
Love Sweet Breads Try These Popular Bread Recipes:
We love sweetbreads because they are easy to make and are such a treat, especially when you top them with Honey Butter! Dont miss these reader favorites:
- Apple Bread a pull-apart moist apple bread
- Pumpkin Bread so easy and we love it year-round
If you make this recipe, Id love to see pics of your creations on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter! Hashtag them #natashaskitchen
This banana bread recipe was first published in 2009 one of the very first recipes on our blog! It has been a reader and family favorite ever since.
How To Make Moist Banana Bread
Here are some tips & tricks for making the best banana bread.
- The bananas have to be over-ripe. When it comes to banana bread, the blacker the peel, the better. These mushy bananas give off a much sweeter flavor, making them perfect for baking banana bread. Previously frozen ripe bananas work great as well!
- Mash the bananas thoroughly. To do so, you can use a fork, a potato masher or hand mixer. This is particularly important for those who do not like munching on slimy and mushy banana bits.
- When combining dry and wet ingredients, fold them very gently with a spatula. This will result in extra tender bread.
- I know this recipe calls for 60 minutes of cook time, but check it as early as 55 minutes in. Youll know its done when you see some moist bread sticking to your tester toothpick. Remove from the oven right away!
- Pecans are great, but walnuts also go really well with banana bread. The hint of bitterness in these nuts gives a nice balance to the sweetness of the banana.
- Make sure to take the banana bread out of the loaf pan as soon as possible, about 10 minutes after its out of the oven. Dont leave it in there for too long doing so will result in a soggy bottom.
Also Check: Recipe For Hand Sanitizer Spray
How To Make Banana Bread
I will show you how to make Banana Bread! Its so easy, I could literally do it in my sleep at this point. All instructions are in the recipe below as well.
Get it nice and fluffy.
Not all banana bread recipes call for baking powder, and you can actually omit it if you want to. I liked the little extra lift it gives the bread. Its just a little bit fluffier.
I love the slightly nutty flavor the oat flour lends. If it sounds like an annoying step to you, then you can just replace the oats with 1/2 cup flour and call it good. Your banana bread will still turn out great.
Its a small amount because I really like the banana flavor to shine in banana bread. But this tiny amount plays more of a supporting role than taking over.
Its so easy. There is a reason its called quick bread!
But in case you want some ideas now: