What Do You Need For Pretzel Kisses
Three,just three ingredients!
- Pretzels You can use any kind of pretzels. The square waffle kind, round pretzels or mini pretzel twists can be used.
- Hershey Kiss Can use Hershey chocolate kisses, Hershey hugs, rolos, peppermint kisses. Use one type or use a mix of all of it. But make sure you bake the same kind in a batch, as each of these chocolate needs different time heating time to soften.
- M& Ms Any candies can be used really. M& Ms are great. And if you are skillet fan, use that as well.
How To Make Christmas Crunch:
- Pop popcorn in a popcorn popper into a large bowl according to manufactures directions. Remove any un-popped popcorn kernels.
- Toss in broken pretzel pieces and M& Ms .
- Melt Vanilla Candy Melts in a microwave safe bowl on 50% power in 30 second intervals, stirring after each interval until melted and smooth.
- Drizzle half of melted chips over popcorn mixture, then stir, tossing gently a few times with a rubber spatula.
- Then drizzle remaining half of melted chips over popcorn.
- Gently stir mixture until evenly coated .
- Pour mixture into a single layer onto wax paper or parchment paper . Sprinkle entire mixture evenly with sprinkles before vanilla chips set. Allow to cool and harden, then gently break into pieces and store in an airtight container.
How To Add Sprinkles
Then if you want the sprinkles over the icing I just poured some sprinkles into a container lid and rolled the trees over the sprinkles so theyd stick to the icing.
Ive also seen others make these using colorful mini M& Ms for ornaments which the kids would definitely love .
Plus I love those little bites of chocolate flavor in Rice Krispies Treats so I think Ill go that route next year when we make them.
You May Like: Hamburger Recipes For Instant Pot
How To Store Pretzel And Hershey Kiss Snack
You will want to make sure these are stored in an airtight container. You can use a container or a freezer bag to store them in a plastic container. The pretzels should not be stored in the refrigerator. This will cause the pretzels to get soft and they will lose their crispiness. Make sure they are not stored in direct sunlight. This will soften the chocolate and can melt it causing it to come off the pretzel.
Use Tootsie Rolls For Mini Trees
Oh and if you want to do a few tiny trees like I did I used mini tootsie rolls for the stump instead of Reeses. Those itty bitty mini trees are my favorite.
And then pour piles and piles of powdered sugar to mimic a snowy wonderland. But really dont, its a big mess to clean :).
I hope you have as much fun decorating these as I did!
Follow Cooking Classy
Recommended Reading: Hershey’s Original Chocolate Cake Recipe
Candy Cane Kiss Cookies
This recipe is similar to the peanut butter blossoms, only theyre a mint-flavored sugar cookie with chopped Hersheys Candy Cane Kisses.
Much like that peanut butter version, these need to be rolled into balls and baked just like that, so they dont spread too much.
Since the cookies have chopped up chocolate inside, and youll add an extra to the top, you dont really need the added extract in the dough.
It should be plenty minty without it.
Are They Pretzel Kisses Or Pretzel Hugs
I call them pretzel kisses, but my husband insists that they are pretzel hugs. Sure we are using hugs, but arent hugs part of the Hershey Kisses family, right?
Make sure you leave a comment and let me know what you think. Meanwhile, no matter what you call them you are going to love this pretzel treat!
Recommended Reading: Healthy Recipe Of The Month
How Many Weight Watchers Points In Pretzel Kisses
As much as I love these, I can not say that they are a low point treat. However, if you have will power you can easily enjoy these without throwing yourself completely off track. Each one comes in at 1 point each or 9 points for 7
Want to Weight Watchers for almost free? Get a YearsMembership for the Price of a Month Learn More About iTrackBites Use Code Coach_DebiMurray to save
Have you heard about the New WW Plan 2022? Find out everything you need to know including the new diabetic friendly WW plan information!
New to WW? Trying to Decide on What Plan is Best? Use these guides to help. Everything You Need to Know about the Green Plan, Blue and Purple coming soon.
7 Day Healthy Meal Plan Ebook with Recipes
Want 7 days of healthy recipes the whole family will love? Get Instant Access
You have successfully joined our subscriber list.
Pretzel Hershey Kiss M& m
Ive never made these pretzel Christmas treats but boy, they turned out awesome! These go fast and can be color coordinated for any holiday and/or sporting events. I chose Hersheys kisses Cookies n Creme but any kind of Hersheys can be used. Also I wanted to make these Christmas pretzel treats super crunchy and I topped them with M& Ms Peanut Chocolate Candies but any M& Ms work just as fine.
If youll have the kids help make these m& m pretzel treats as I did, youre in for a lot of fun! And this is one recipe that wont make mess around your kitchen. No more messing around with melting chocolate and dipping pretzels.
A salty pretzel combined with sweet chocolate that tastes great and a crunchy peanut can only be fantastic! And thats exactly how these little pretzel Christmas treats are! I love everything about this fun pretzel Hershey kiss M& M recipe. These are beautiful yet so simple to make. And are so insanely easy that Im ashamed to call this a recipe! Really!
Don’t Miss: Kfc Original Recipe Chicken Whole Wing
Tips And Tricks For M& m Pretzel Kisses
More Candy Desserts:
Reindeer Hershey Kiss Pretzels
by Lois Â· This post may contain affiliate links Â·
A fun family treat to make over the holidays are these Reindeer Hershey Kiss Pretzels. With only four ingredients, they come together fast. They’re another one of my fun Reindeer Desserts that everyone loves. Free printable gift tags are available to help you give these as gifts to family and friends.
One of my favorite flavor combinations is salty and sweet. And chocolate and pretzels go perfectly together to give that flavor.
These Reindeer Hershey Kiss Pretzels only need four ingredients…mini pretzels, chocolate kiss candies, candy eye and red M& Ms.
Around the holidays you can purchase red and green M& Ms in most major food stores. I purchased a very large container at Sam’s Club this year. Last year I ordered them on Amazon.
Recommended Reading: Keto Pork Chop Recipes Oven
Expert Tips Ingredient List And Suggestions For Recipe Success
You will find a complete breakdown of the ingredients needed as well as the steps involved in the printable recipe card below. I have included in-process photos as well as basic steps below for your reference.
- Hershey Kisses any flavor will work.
- Pretzels any type, such as circle pretzels or square pretzels will work.
How To Make M& m Pretzel Kisses
Its pretty obvious, right? Line up your pretzels on a cookie sheet. Put an kiss on the pretzel. Melt until soft, then push an M& M into the melted chocolate.
Buuuuuttttt I did learn a few tricks along the way to make the process easier.
First up, low and slow is the way to go when it comes to melting chocolate! I had the best results by far when I used an insulated cookie sheet lined with a baking mat, baking at 200 °F for 5 minutes. The chocolate melted perfectly and pushing an m& m into the kiss was nice and smooth.
Higher temperatures left the kisses more likely to crack. Lower temperatures took a really long time. A non-insulated pan also lead to more cracks in the chocolate, whether I did them at lower or higher temperatures.
Obviously, none of this matters when it comes to eating , but if youre looking for visual perfection: insulated cookie sheet, 200 °F, 5 minutes.
Curious what happens if your temperature is too high? Like maybe your oven isnt calibrated and you set it to 200 but its really at 245? This is the result:
Don’t Miss: Neem Oil Pest Control Recipe
Create A Free Account To Save Recipes
VARIATIONS ON CHRISTMAS PRETZEL HUGS
- Chocolate: There are lots of different kinds of Hersheys Kisses you can use in your Pretzel Hugs. Try using Candy Cane, Cherry, Mint Truffle, White Chocolate, Dark Chocolate, Cookies n Cream, or any other kind of Hersheys Kiss youd like.
- M& Ms: You can make your Pretzel Hugs for any time of year depending on what M& Ms you use. Just use regular multicolored for any time of year, or use Reeses Pieces for Halloween. You could also try peanut M& Ms, caramel M& Ms or other variations to change up the taste of treats.
- Peanut Butter: To add some peanut butter to your treat add a dollop of creamy peanut butter to the bottom of the chocolate kiss before you put it on the pretzel.
MORE CHRISTMAS DESSERT RECIPES
HOW TO STORE CHRISTMAS PRETZEL HUGS
- Serve: You could keep this candy in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks, but this will only work if you keep your house fairly cool so the chocolate doesnt melt.
- Store: To keep your candy longer put it in an airtight container in the fridge. Theyll stay good for about 3 weeks in the fridge.
- Freeze: Christmas Pretzel Hugs can also keep well in the freezer. Make these in advance of the holidays and keep them in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 6 months.
Pin this recipe now to remember it later
Add Detail Or Keep It Basic
With these you can decide how much work you want to put into them.
For the easiest method you can nix the icing and sprinkles then just dust them with powered sugar instead for a a snow laced tree.
I saw the idea for these on Family Circle but their recipe didnt call for icing and luckily Id bought some because I couldnt get anything to stick without it.
Don’t Miss: Recipe For Jalapeno Poppers With Bacon
The Easiest Sweet Treat There Is
The hardest part about this pretzel with Hershey Kisses recipe is having to unwrap all those Kisses! This easy to assemble dessert recipe will yield 80 pieces, but you can honestly make as many or as few as you want at any time! If you love how easy this recipe is then you will also love Crock Pot Salty Sweet Candy and Slow Cooker Chocolate Turtles!
Best Recipes With Hershey Kisses
Given how many flavors there are now, its not too difficult to find some fantastic recipes with Hershey Kisses.
Flavors include dark chocolate, milk chocolate, white chocolate and peppermint, caramel-filled, and chocolate with almonds.
Want to save this recipe? Enter your email below and we’ll send the recipe straight to your inbox!
Plus, Hershey does some super fun limited flavors like strawberry ice cream cone, cookies and cream, pumpkin spice, and birthday cake.
Not only do they look terrific standing tall on top of a peanut butter cookie, but they also give you the best pop of chocolatey goodness when you mix them into cake or brownie batter.
Im pretty sure we all have some Hershey Kisses in the pantry, so why not make the most of them and bake something delicious?
Between the chewy almond and coconut cookie and the tasty dark chocolate in the middle, these taste just like an Almond Joy.
Of course, these are much easier to whip up and dont require any messy chocolate work.
Just be careful with the almond extract because it can be quite overpowering.
Recommended Reading: Vegetarian Keto Meal Plan Recipes
Hershey Kisses & M & M Pretzel Bites
a super easy, fail-proof holiday snack with Hershey Kisses, M & Ms stacked on a pretzel
The only thing that would make these Hershey Kisses, M& M pretzels any more delicious is if you smeared a tablespoon of super chunky peanut butter on top.
Seriously, I am so happy I snagged a few photos of these Hershey Kisses pretzel bites because someone ate my to be photographed stash behind the cookbooks.
Thats how yummy these little bites are and they are just so easy to make its hard to file them under my recipes.
Why? Because its hardly called baking when the oven temperature is set at 175-200 degrees.
And if you have followed me for three days you know I cannot follow a recipe. It is not possible for me to follow each step of any recipe. There are always detours or skipped ingredients or last-minute substitutions.
Always. My girlfriends just about flipped when I told them I often leave the mixer blending to run upstairs and toss in a load of laundry.
What? Its multi-tasking! Okay, back to these yummy, bite-size Hershey Kisses, M& Ms and pretzel bites.
But these Hershey Kisses & M& M pretzel bites are a bites size amount of salt and chocolate and a little candy coating crunch mixed into the middle. They remind me of these two-ingredient-turtle-bites
I included the recipe, but its pretty much pretzels + Hershey Kisses + one M& M. I prefer the waffle-shaped pretzels because it reminds me of plating a meal or in this case a chocolate kiss.
How To Make These Rice Krispies Treats
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Add in marshmallows and stir until melted, while tinting with green food coloring to reach desired shade.
- Remove from heat add in Rice Krispies cereal and fold mixture until evenly coated. Let cool about 5 minutes.
- Spray hands with non-stick cooking spray and shape about 1/3 cup to 1/2 cup of the mixture into into cones, while pressing firmly so theyll hold together.
Don’t Miss: Philadelphia Cream Cheese Banana Bread Recipe
Other Recipes To Serve With Hershey Kiss Pretzels
- Chocolate Peppermint Pretzels When youre entertaining, you need recipes that are simple to make and easy for people to grab too!
- Christmas CrackThis simple yet delicious brittle style dessert is everyones holiday favorite!
- Reindeer Chow Everyone will be delighted to grab a handful of this fun and festive munchy mix!
Christmas Crunch Popcorn The Easiest Christmas Treat
This is one of those easy treats thats likely to become a yearly holiday tradition. Not only is this Christmas popcorn a breeze to make but people of all ages love it! Its so good its hard to know when to stop eating it!
You only need 5 ingredients and very basic kitchen now how for this one. Plus its one of those things the kids will love to help with, they can add all the sprinkles.
I like to divide into treat bags and tie with a ribbon and gift tag and take around for Christmas treats. And know one needs to know how simple it was.
- Popcorn kernels if you dont have an electric popcorn popper you can use the brown paper bag and microwave method.
- Vanilla candy melts I like to use Wilton candy melts for this recipe, white chocolate bark will work too.
- Pretzels for years Ive been searching for the tiny pretzels like they have on airplanes and I finally came upon them this year so I used them in this recipe but crushed pretzels work great too.
- Red and green M& Ms candies back when I first shared this recipe they sold 12 oz bags of M& Ms now theyre down to 10 oz bags so the 10 oz size will work fine or you can buy to bags and and in some extra to equal 12 oz.
- Christmas sprinkles nonpareils, sugar crystal sprinkles or jimmies will work great. Here I used a blend of a few.
Recommended Reading: Easy Pancake Recipe For Kids
Heres Why This Recipe Works
If you are looking for some holiday pretzel treats to pass out this year, these yummy treats would be absolutely perfect because they are:
- Easy this recipe only uses three ingredients.
- Quick these are ready in no time.
- Versatile can be made any time of the year.
Another reason you need to make these chocolatey treats is because if you are craving chocolate covered pretzels, these will definitely satisfy that craving, without all of the extra work involved!
How Do You Make Peppermint Pretzel Bites
Preheat your oven to 200 degrees.
Start by lining a cookie sheet with wax paper.
Lay out as many pretzel squares as you like. For this batch, I used 60.
Top each pretzel square with a peppermint Hershey’s Kiss.
Place in the oven for 4-5 minutes.
Carefully pull them out of the oven and gently place an M-n-M on each one, pushing down slightly. Once you’ve topped them all, place in the refrigerator until you are ready to eat or gift them!
Your friends and family are going to love them! They are perfect for Christmas parties too!
Also Check: Sex On The Beach Shot Recipe