More About Churchs Chicken Honey Butter Biscuit Recipes
CHURCH’S HONEY BISCUITS – COPYKAT RECIPES
- Place flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, cream of tartar in a mixing bowl. Work in the shortening until the mixture feels like cornmeal.
- Pour milk into the flour and mix well. Knead about 12 – 15 times. Break dough into about 1/4 -1/3 cup size balls. Roll dough into balls and pat to 1/2″ thickness. Brush with melted butter and place on a baking sheet. Place biscuits into 450 degrees preheated the oven and bake 10 – 12 minutes.
- While the churches honey biscuits are in the oven, pour the honey into the remainder of the butter and bring to a boil. Remove honey butter from heat and set aside. When biscuits are done remove from the oven and immediately brush with honey butter.
HONEY BUTTER BISCUITS
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, sugar and cream of tartar. Cut in butter until the mixture resembles cornmeal. Add the milk and mix well. Knead dough about 15 times.
- Divide dough into 1/4 cup size portions. Roll into balls and place on prepared baking sheet. Pat to about 1/2 inch thickness.
- In a medium saucepan, combine ingredients for honey butter. Bring to a boil, then remove from heat. Brush biscuits with a thin layer of honey butter.
CHURCH’S CHICKEN HONEY BUTTER BISCUITS – YOUTUBE
CHURCH’S CHICKEN HONEY BUTTER BISCUITS RECIPE
HONEY BUTTER BISCUITS
How To Pick The Best Honey
When it comes to honey, surprisingly there are rules to follow for picking the best one. Or at least the best one for the flavor you are going for.
- If you are looking for bolder honey, you want to pick one that appears dark in color.
- For honey that is milder in taste and wont overpower other flavors, choose one that is lighter in color.
So how do I know which one to use? The bolder honey is best for bland foods like toast or even tea. This will give it more flavor. Some also suggest using local honey to where you are to help adjust to the local pollen.
Why We Love Churchs Fried Chicken
Churchs fried chicken is one of the most coveted chicken recipes out there! Its tasteful, perfectly crunchy, and great for big meals. Their chicken would not be complete without their scrumptious side of Honey-Butter Biscuit. Its a signature meal thats beloved across America. Because lets face it, who doesnt love a good chicken thats fried to perfection?
The secret to Churchs signature fried chicken is that its double-breaded and hand-battered in small batches. This certainly ensures that each piece of chicken has that Churchs touch each time theyre fried. Its what makes them unique from how Popeyes or KFC makes their chicken meals!
Outside the Americas, Churchs is called Texas Chicken, so as to promote the deliciousness of the restaurants texas fried chicken. Each chicken meal and side vary in profile depending on the country. A popular example in most Texas Chicken restaurants is the Spicy Chicken where they use a chicken marinade thats left overnight. But regardless of where the texas fried chicken is brought internationally, Churchs ensures that their signature flavor and value is still there. So if you ever come across a Texas Chicken overseas, dont be shy to pop in to get your fix of Churchs fried chicken.
You May Like: Halloween Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
Honey Butter Biscuits Light Soft Drop Biscuits Are Brushed With Honey Butter Baked To Golden Brown Then Coated In More Honey Butter For A Delicious Sweet Bread That Will Have Everyone Asking For Seconds
My oldest son recently returned from a two year church service mission to the South , and one of the things he asked me to recreate when he came home were these Churchs Chicken Honey Butter Biscuits.
Oh my goodness! Im so glad he requested that I give these biscuits a try. We dont have a Churchs Chicken anywhere close in Colorado, and I have to say, weve been missing out. At least when it comes to honey butter biscuits.
I mean, biscuits are pretty great to begin with, and when you slather them in honey butter..well, it just doesnt get much better than that.
And since this is a drop biscuit recipe, theres no need to deal with rolling the dough. You just shape it into balls, brush everything with honey butter, and bake until golden brown.
My son said that Churchs biscuits are actually a little more golden brown than mine were. But the taste was spot on! Ill have to take his word for that, since Ive never had an authentic Churchs Honey Butter Biscuit myself.
But even if the taste wasnt spot on, these biscuits were out-of-this world amazing! Im pretty sure its the honey butter, which I may just be slathering on all forms of bread from here on out.
Obviously, these biscuits are a perfect side for things like fried chicken. But I would not turn one down with any meal. In fact, theyd make a pretty great breakfast on their own. And Id happily eat them for dessert too.
Reviews & Comments For Church’s Honey Biscuits
Seems like way too much baking powder. I think i’ll try it but with only 1 or 2 tsp baking powder.
Easy to make and bake, but they taste dry and are crumbly.
OH MY GOSH!!! THIS IS IT! the recipe i have been looking for. i have tried other biscuit recipes which ended up still tasting doughy and “floured” on top. i did omit the salt in the recipe but other thn that it did taste just like the restarant’s . i think the secret w/this recipe….just enough milk to pull the “cornmealed flour mixture” together w/o leaving it wet and sticky. thanks so much. i have found something better than the refrigerated brand .plan on trying other recipes as well to see how they turn out
Recommended Reading: Simple Chili Recipe With Tomato Juice
How To Make Churchs Honey Biscuits
These biscuits would do well to use bolder honey but whatever you use, you will become addicted to them. And it takes only 25 minutes to make!
In Breads Recipes0 Comments
Churchs chicken biscuits, well, the snacks must be favorite for many people. If many biscuits are made in sweet tastes, this one is salty and more savory. Sure, the main ingredient used is the chicken strips anyway. Besides, there are additional ingredients to make the chicken taste even stronger. Sure, you should not buy the biscuits every time. You can make them by yourself with a little innovation.
While the churchs chicken biscuits price is not too expensive, you can save your money more by trying the recipe. On this page, you will learn about the combination of chicken and honey butter biscuits. The ingredients and steps are as follows.
- 3 cups of all-purpose flour,
- 3 tablespoons of baking powder,
- 1 tablespoon of sugar,
- 1 ½ teaspoon of Kosher Salt,
- 7 tablespoons of cold unsalted butter, cubed,
- 1 ½ of whole milk.
- 6 skinless and boneless chicken thighs,
- ¾ cup of all-purpose flour,
- 2 teaspoons of Cayenne,
- 2 teaspoons of Kosher salt,
- 3 eggs,
- 3 cups of Panko Bread Crumbs,
- Canola or vegetable oil for frying.
- 10 tablespoons of unsalted butter, softened,
- Hot sauce,
You May Like: Best Tasting Juice Cleanse Recipes
Cant Get Enough Biscuits Try These Recipes
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan.
- Place flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, cream of tartar in a mixing bowl.
- Work in the shortening with a fork or pastry blender until the mixture resembles and feels like cornmeal.
- Pour milk into the flour mixture and mix well.
- Knead the dough about 12 to 15 times.
- Break the dough into ¼ to -cup size balls.
- Roll or pat out dough balls to ½-inch thickness.
- Place the dough pieces on a baking sheet and brush them with melted butter.
- Bake at 450°F for 10 to 12 minutes.
- While the biscuits are baking, pour the honey into the remainder of the butter and bring it to a boil.
- Remove the honey butter from the heat and set aside.
- When biscuits are done, remove them from the oven and immediately brush the tops with honey butter.
Honey Glazed Biscuits Recipe
Image by Simply Mamá Cooks via YouTube
This honey glazed biscuits recipe by Simply Mamá Cooks on YouTube is a copycat recipe for Churchs chicken honey butter biscuits. They are made like drop biscuits because you dont round them in a particular shape before baking. After watching this video, I want to make these biscuits. I would eat them as snacks or serve them on the side with a southern meal. I love sweet biscuits, and I wouldnt mind having these with fried chicken on the side.
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- 1/2 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1/3 cup honey
Recommended Reading: Keto Friendly Slow Cooker Recipes
Churchs Chicken Biscuits With Honey Butter Glaze Recipe
·1 min read >
Churchs chicken biscuits are the kind of flaky biscuit with honey butter glaze. The glaze is brushed on top of the biscuits immediately after they are baked, making it so delicious and scrumptious to eat. This biscuit is usually served with the restaurants signature fried chicken and other dishes, too. They are so mouth-watering and soft to bite. It will be like the perfect side dish on the plate. Can you make the biscuit at home, though? Well, you can and this is the recipe to follow.
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
How To Make Breaded Chicken Just Like Churchs
Theres no need to fuss over frying with our recipe! Instead, we will be baking and letting the oven do the job for us. But weve got a few tricks up our sleeve with this breaded chicken recipe that you should keep in mind.
One is our creamy yogurt and spice mix chicken marinade. Many would opt for buttermilk or some other acidic marinade, but we chose to use yogurt for its gentler and effective way of tenderizing your chicken pieces. Yogurt is the best kind of marinade to help tenderize the chicken slowly, giving you the greatest texture after every bite.
Another trick is to brown your chicken pieces. But wait, why would we need to do that if were just going to place them in the oven anyway? The oven will do the rest of the golden-brown cooking, but its not enough to build flavor. Browning adds more taste to the skin of the chicken and locks in all those juicy flavors from the marinade and breaded mix. Its sure to help the movement of flavors along as it cooks in the oven.
When you manage to do these little steps properly, youre sure to get the best crispy baked chicken dish! With this copycat recipe, youll never have to worry about lining up at Churchs Chicken to get a superbly fried chicken. Serve up this breaded chicken recipe at your next lunch or dinner with friends and family. Pair it with some mashed potatoes, coleslaw, and other sides to your desire. Its guaranteed to taste like Churchs fried chicken but tastier and more satisfying!
Also Check: Prego Lasagna Recipe With Cottage Cheese
Church’s Chicken Honey Butter Biscuit Allergens
Allergy Information: a Church’s Chicken Honey Butter Biscuit contains gluten, milk, soy and wheat. a Church’s Chicken Honey Butter Biscuit does not contain egg, fish, MSG, peanuts, shellfish or tree nuts.*
* Please keep in mind that most fast food restaurants cannot guarantee that any product is free of allergens as they use shared equipment for prepping foods.