Peanut Butter Baked Oatmeal
This Peanut Butter Baked Oatmeal is so good, it might just upstage your PB& J! Make it for breakfast, brunch, or even dessert. No matter when you serve it, it will make you smile! If you love oatmeal and peanut butter as much as me, then youre going to go crazy when you see this. Its incredibly delicious, easy to make and great for breakfast or lunch.
Baked Oat Variation Ideas
These are the baked oatmeal variations my family loves. You can also improvise and create a flavor of your own!
- Churro Vegan Baked Oats: Some date butter, coconut sugar and a little extra cinnamon goes a long way in your oatmeal. This flavor tastes just like a sweet cinnamon churro. Yum!
- Blueberry Muffin: Want to enjoy the flavors of a fresh-baked blueberry muffin for breakfast? This healthy Blueberry Baked Oats variation is the perfect recipe for you. Its made with fresh blueberries, chopped pecans, cinnamon and coconut sugar.
- Grain Free: Made with almond flour instead of oat flour, this variation is a healthy and delicious grain-free alternative to classic baked oatmeal.
The Best Oatmeal Toppings
- Fruit: Top the bowl with fresh fruit, like sliced banana, blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, or chopped apple.
- Nut butter: In my opinion, a dollop of nut butter is an essential topping. For this particular recipe, I added some extra peanut butter.
- Granola: Sprinkle granola over top for a crunchy texture.
- Dark chocolate: Dark chocolate has to be my favorite topping of them all! The warmth of the oatmeal will make it all melty and delicious. As a chocoholic, Id say this is a must-try item.
- Coconut: Coconut shreds or coconut flakes add healthy fats and a tropical flavor.
- Nuts: Toss chopped peanuts, sliced almonds, crushed pecans, crushed walnuts, or cashews on top.
- Seeds: Pumpkin seeds, hemp seeds, chia seeds, or flax seeds can be added.
- Dried fruit: Choose from goji berries, dried mulberries, raisins, cranberries, or dried blueberries.
- Cacao nibs: Cacao nibs are a healthier alternative to chocolate chips.
Read Also: Keto Grocery List And Recipes
How To Make No Bake Peanut Butter Cookies
No bake cookies are about as easy as it gets when it comes to dessert. Heres how to make them:
- Prep your tools. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Place the brown sugar, milk, and butter in a large saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the butter has melted. Increase the heat to medium-high, and bring to a boil. Boil for 1 minute.
- Add peanut butter, vanilla, and salt. Remove the pan from the heat, and stir in the peanut butter, vanilla, and salt. Stir until smooth.
- Stir in the oats.
- Shape the cookies. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto the prepared pans, leaving about an inch between cookies.
- Refrigerate 1 hour, or until set.
Creamy Peanut Butter Banana Overnight Oats
Chocolate, banana, and peanut butter overnight oats perfectly toe the line between a healthy and decadent breakfast treat. Theyre made with just a handful of inexpensive ingredients, prepped in just minutes, tastes like dessert, but are loaded with ingredients to keep you satisfied until your next meal. If you suffer from busy mornings , then these meal-prep-friendly vegan overnight oats are a savior . Plus, theyre child-approved too!
Also Check: Easy Juicing Recipes For Weight Loss
How To Make Peanut Butter Baked Oats
Youll love how quickly and easily baked oatmeal comes together. Each version has the same base with its own yummy twist. These oats can be cooked in the oven or the microwave!
OVEN METHOD: Bake in a preheated oven at 350 F for 19-21 minutes, or until set
MICROWAVE METHOD: Microwave on high for 3 minutes, or until set.
Pro Tips For Making This Recipe
- Make sure your brown sugar is soft and moist for the best cookies. If your brown sugar has hardened, dont worry, its an easy fix! I wrote a detailed post on how to soften brown sugar.
- If you dont have brown sugar, you can follow this post on how to make brown sugar.
- Dont overbake the peanut butter oat cookies, as theyll continue to bake as they cool. The middle should still be soft when you pull them out.
- Add a pinch of cinnamon for extra flavor.
- Room temperature egg will mix more evenly into the creamed butter. Place your egg into a bowl of warm water for a couple of minutes. Doing so will quickly bring it to room temperature if you have forgotten to take it out of your fridge ahead of time.
- Measure your flour correctly to avoid dry and dense cookies. Adding too much flour to the recipe is the most common mistake. The easiest way to measure flour is by using a scale. If you dont have one, then fluff your flour with a spoon, sprinkle it into your measuring cup, and use a knife to level it off.
Recommended Reading: Healthy Meal Prep Ideas For Weight Loss Recipes
Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Bake Benefits
- Nutritional Balance. Between the whole grains, fruit, nuts, and egg, this peanut butter banana baked oatmeal packs a variety of nutrients into one convenient healthy breakfast. Digestion-supporting fiber, energizing complex carbs, plenty of protein and healthy fatsplus loads of essential vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants!
- Filling & Satiating. This rich balance of nutrients makes this healthy banana oatmeal bake a more satisfying meal. The fiber and complex carbs in oatmeal can help us feel full and energized through the morning, while the protein and fat in peanuts can help to satiate our hungermeaning we actually feel satisfied after breakfast.
- Easy & Low-Stress. Not only is this breakfast casserole easy to make, but it can also make our lives easier. You can have a healthy, satisfying breakfast ready to just reheat and eat in the morning! Stress can have a range of impacts on well-being, so relieving some of our stress around food is so important.
- Flavorful & Enjoyable to Eat. Perhaps most importantly, this baked peanut butter banana oatmeal is SO tasty and I love eating it! Our relationship with food also impacts our health. When were eating meals we enjoy, we feel less restricted, so were freer to make conscious choices around food.
What Do You Top This Peanut Butter Oatmeal With
This breakfast is totally fine on its own, without any toppings, but if you want to jazz it up a little, it is GREAT with chopped dark chocolate sprinkled on top, or chocolate chips. You can also add chopped up peanuts and a drizzle of peanut butter.
If you want the peanut butter drizzle but your peanut butter is not runny, you can mix a bit of it with some melted coconut oil and stir it together until smooth, then drizzle it on top! Its delicious!
You May Like: Margarita Recipe For A Gallon
What Does Baked Banana Oatmeal Taste Like
Unlike the creamy porridge texture of stovetop oatmeal, this peanut butter banana oatmeal bake is uniquely chewy, fluffy, and satisfying. To me, baked banana oatmeal tastes more like a warm, scrumptious breakfast muffin thats been baked into a bread pudding. Although baking oats takes longer than cooking on the stove, you end up with a tastier, heartier breakfast casseroleplus leftovers you can reheat throughout the week!
Can I Freeze Peanut Butter Baked Oats
Yes, leftover oatmeal can be stored in a freezer-safe container and frozen for up to 3 months. Thaw out frozen oatmeal in the fridge before you reheat it. I like to transfer it to the fridge at night for a quick-fix breakfast the next morning!
More healthy breakfasts you will love!
38%Protein40%Did you try this recipe?
I’d love to see! Just snap a photo and hashtag it #LIFEMADESWEETER or tag me @lifemadesweeter on
Free Low Carb / Keto Recipes E-Book!
Sign up now to get a FREE low carb / Keto-friendly recipe e-book, plus access to subscriber exclusives!
Thank you! Check your email for a confirmation link. Add firstname.lastname@example.org to your email contacts so that you don’t miss it. Once you confirm, you’ll receive a link to download the printable!
Posted April 28, 2021
Recommended Reading: Hershey’s Cocoa Powder Hot Chocolate Recipe
Add The Dry Ingredients
I find it’s easier to mix everything together by pouring the dry ingredients into the Mason jar first. This would be oats and, if you want, chia seeds. Because chia seeds usually sit on the pricier side, I made them optional in this recipe, but I thoroughly enjoy having them in my oats, especially because they’re full of fiber.
I like to pour in the milk first, followed by peanut butter and maple syrup. I do this to make sure I’m not splashing milk all over myself when pouring it in. For some reason, I’m always getting some kind of food on me while I’m cookingeven a simple no-cook recipe such as this.
How To Make Vegan Oatmeal
For the full ingredients list and step-by-step instructions, scroll down to view the recipe card below.
This 10-minute breakfast recipe is incredibly easy to make. First, combine all ingredients in a small pot. Transfer the pot to a stovetop and cook over medium heat, stirring frequently so it doesnt stick to the bottom of the pot. Cook until thick and creamy, about 6-8 minutes.
After, transfer the oatmeal to a bowl. Add your favorite toppings. Enjoy!
Don’t Miss: Best Baked Mac & Cheese Recipe
Why This Recipe Works
- Chock full of peanut butter flavor. This peanut butter oatmeal is packed with peanut butter flavor. This recipe uses peanut butter and PBfit powder. Doubling in on that delicious peanut butter flavor!
- Healthy peanut butter oatmeal. Using the PBfit powder helps up the peanut butter flavor while keeping the oatmeal low in fat and low in calories. PBfit is 1/3 of the calories of peanut butter and over 80% less fat than peanut butter.
- Hearty breakfast in 3 minutes. I love a quick and easy microwave oatmeal recipe because it is a great way to get in a protein-packed breakfast without having to slave away in the kitchen to make it! In just 3 minutes, these peanut butter oats come together so quick and will keep you full longer!
Are These Peanut Butter Overnight Oats Healthy
This overnight oats recipe toes the line between healthy and indulgent while packing in a good deal of health benefits thanks to the ingredients used. The oats will provide gut-healthy fiber along with several vitamins, minerals, and even antioxidants. Meanwhile, the chia seeds are packed with plant-based protein, antioxidants, minerals, fiber, and omega-3 fatty acids. These, combined, can support gut health, heart health, cholesterol levels, blood sugar levels, and bone health!
More so, you can use natural peanut butter with no added sugar or unnecessary vegetable oils/trans fats, to take advantage of the high amounts of plant-based protein, antioxidants, and vitamins and minerals it contains.
If you are worried about the sugar content in the chocolate portion of this recipe, then feel free to use sugar-free chocolate instead!
You May Like: Mac And Cheese Shells Recipe
Pack It Up And Bring It With You
My favorite part about this recipe? Once that lid is back on the jar, you can throw it in your bag and take it with you to work. I love to enjoy my overnight oats with a cup of coffee at my desk in the morning as I sift through my emails. It makes eating healthier breakfasts so much easier on busy weekday mornings!
What Are The Best Oats To Use
The best oats for peanut butter oatmeal are old-fashioned rolled oats. This common variety, often sold in large cardboard canisters, is widely available in grocery stores. If youd like, you can use instant oats in place of rolled oats, but keep in mind that they cook faster so you might need to adjust the cook time slightly. Instant oats also tend to have a slightly mushier texture than old-fashioned oats, so just be prepared for a slightly different texture. Avoid using steel-cut oats in this recipe, which take much longer to cook.
You May Like: Protein Shakes For Kid Athletes Recipes
How To Make Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
1. In a large mixing bowl, add butter, peanut butter, and sugars.
2. Beat on medium-low speed until smooth and well combined until light and fluffy.
3. Beat in the eggs and vanilla on medium speed until well combined, stopping to scrape down the bowl as needed.
4. Add the flour, baking soda, and salt, mixing just until almost combined with the mixer on low.
5. Scrape down the bowl and add the rolled oats. Mix just until combined.
6. Scoop roughly 2 tablespoons of cookie dough onto the baking sheet, placing each cookie about 2 inches apart. Bake for about 12 to 15 minutes or until the edges are set. Let cookies cool on the pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
How To Store And Reheat Leftovers
To store leftovers, place them in an airtight container in the fridge. Baked oatmeal lasts for up to 5 days in the refrigerator!
You can reheat your oatmeal in the microwave or toaster oven. To warm it up in the microwave, heat it for 30 seconds at a time. To reheat your oatmeal in a toaster oven, cook it at 300°F until warm.
Also Check: Campbells Soup Recipes With Cream Of Mushroom Soup
How Do You Make This Peanut Butter Baked Oatmeal
Start this recipe by combining the dry ingredients for this recipe in one bowl, and then the wet in another. Mix the two together and then pour the combination into a greased oven-proof baking dish.
The oatmeal will need 25-30 minutes to bake. It is ready when it is firm when you give it a little shake, but the middle looks soft.
Youll want to let the oatmeal cool down for about 5 minutes before topping it, and serving.
Ingredient No Bake Peanut Butter Oat Squares
These simple 3 Ingredient No Bake Peanut Butter Oat Squares can be thrown together in minutes. Use all natural/organic ingredients, if you prefer, for a healthier version! Either way, this oatmeal bar recipe is easy, delicious, and the best snack or dessert.
This recipe was originally posted in 2015. The images and recipe have been updated in 2021 to include tips and tricks based on reader feedback!
Don’t Miss: Heart Healthy Meatloaf Recipes Easy
What Is Baked Oatmeal
Ive got a few recipes for baked oatmeal on the blog, so if youve been following for a while, theres no doubt you would have seen one or two of them!
Baked oatmeal is essentially exactly what it sounds like. Large flake or rolled oats mixed with milk, egg, sweetener of some sort, and in in this case peanut butter! You combine this whole mixture together and then bake it in the oven for about half an hour. Take it out and enjoy!!
Why Youll Love This Recipe
- These 3 ingredient peanut butter oatmeal balls are so quick and easy.
- They take only 5 minutes to make.
- Feel free to add chocolate chips for a healthy sweet treat!
- They are easy, healthy and delicious.
- Feel free to use any nut butter.
- Use SunButter for a nut free version.
- This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, and Vegan.
- Check out these Paleo Chocolate Covered Almond Butter Balls for another delicious dessert.
Don’t Miss: Sour Cream And Onion Dip Recipe
Peanut Butter Banana Baked Oatmeal
This Healthy Peanut Butter Banana Baked Oatmeal is the perfect make-ahead or meal prep breakfast recipe! Its made with 10 ingredients in 30 minutes and its gluten-free, dairy-free, & vegan-friendly with no refined sugar!
This Peanut Butter Banana Baked Oatmeal is a delicious make-ahead breakfast perfect for busy mornings. Its easy to make in 30 minutes with a handful of nutritious ingredients, delivering a generous serving of fiber, protein, and healthy fats to keep you full all day long.
This peanut butter banana baked oatmeal is also allergy friendly. Its gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan-friendly and has no refined sugar. It can even be made peanut-free by subbing your favorite nut or seed butter! Really, this recipe can be all things to all people.
How To Make Overnight Oats
After a little testing, Im happy to report that our simple, straight-forward method truly yields the best results! I even tried partially cooking the oats with warm almond milk before refrigerating, but much preferred this completely raw version.
We use the following base formula for making perfect overnight oats:
Recommended Reading: Sausage Balls With Cream Cheese Recipe
Peanut Butter Baked Oats
These Peanut Butter Baked Oats are soft, fluffy and easy to make with oat flour, maple syrup and creamy peanut butter and strawberry jam. If youre a fan of PB& J sandwiches that taste like cake, youll love these easy gluten-free, dairy-free and vegan oats. No blender or bananas required! Includes grain-free, paleo, low carb and keto sweetener options.
PIN HERE for later and follow my boards for more recipe ideas