What Ingredients Do I Need And How Do You Make Iced Matcha Latte
- Matcha Powder you can use ceremonial grade matcha or culinary grade matcha. Ceremony grade is much more expensive but has a vibrant green color. Matcha can be found in most Asian supermarkets as well as on Amazon.
- Sweetener to keep our drinks sugar-free and low carb, our preferred sweetener is monkfruit erythritol blend. It is low carb, keto friendly and has 0 calories. Feel free to use your preferred sweetener or regular cane sugar, honey, agave, or even maple syrup.
- Choice of Milk you can use your preferred choice of milk including: dairy milk, almond milk, oat milk, coconut milk etc.
Add Matcha Powder, sweetener to taste and hot water into glass. Mix Matcha Powder using a matcha whisks until dissolved and no clumps remain.
Next add ice cubes, and pour milk of choice, followed by the cold water, whisking in each ingredient. Stir and enjoy.
How To Make An Iced Matcha Latte
Once youve got your hands on the ingredients, lets make an iced matcha latte! In fact, you can probably make it quicker than reading this article. Here are the basic steps :
- Make the matcha: Whisk the matcha with water to make a paste, then add more water and whisk until its frothy. You can use a classic bamboo whisk thats used for a cup of matcha or a regular whisk.
- Add the sweetener: Honey is a great pair flavor-wise with matcha, or use maple syrup. You could also try Vanilla Syrup for a twist!
- Froth the milk: Simply place it in a jar, cover and shake for 30 seconds. Easy! You can also skip this step if desired.
- Combine and add ice: Add the matcha, frothed milk and ice. Youre latte ready!
And thats it! Let us know what you think of your latte in the comments below. Or tag us on when you make it!
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Starbucks Green Tea Latte
- Glass and Long Spoon Make the delicious latte in a fancy glass and use a long icing spoon to mix everything.
- Small Bowl and Wooden Matcha Whisk Make your green tea mixture by mixing hot water and matcha powder in a small bowl. Use a matcha whisk for this purpose. This will help to make a smooth and strong-tasting green tea mixture. If you dont have a matcha whisk, you can use a metal whisk.
- Saucepan and Milk Frother Warm the milk in a saucepan and then froth it with a help of a milk frother. If you have a French press, thatll work too.
You May Like: Barrett’s Esophagus Diet Recipes
Variations Of Iced Matcha Green Tea Latte To Try
- Maple syrup, honey or sugar are all delicious substitutes for the vanilla syrup.
- Give almond milk, oat milk, rice milk or coconut milk a try in place of the traditional whole milk.
- If you like to try different flavors in your matcha tea, try adding some peanut butter, bananas, almonds or blueberries.
Iced Matcha Green Tea Latte Recipe Notes And Tips
- Keep in mind that there are different grades of Matcha. There is Cooking Grade, Latte Grade and Ceremonial Grade options to choose from. For this recipe, I would suggest the Latte or Ceremonial Grade as the cooking grade has a more bitter taste and isnt the vibrant green that you will want for your drink.
- This recipe can easily be doubled or tripled and stored in a glass container with lid in the refrigerator for up 3 4 days.
- I would recommend using Whole or 2% milk for your latte since they have the right balance of fats, proteins, sugar, and water to make the latte smooth yet not too creamy.
- A blender is the best tool to use for blending your latte but you can also use a frother or hand mixer or immersion blender to mix up your latte. Another option is to place the ingredients in a glass jar or container with lid and shake vigorously.
- If you are using matcha in your beverage for the first time, reducing the amount of powder slightly and increasing the sweetener just a bit might be a good idea. Matcha can be a little overpowering if you are not accustom to it.
Don’t Miss: Print Your Own Recipe Book
How Much Money Will I Save Making It At Home
A tall hot matcha tea latte from Starbucks will set you back $4.58 .
If you use all natural and organic ingredients, my homemade version will cost about $1.55.
And if you use the same quality of ingredients as Starbucks, it will only cost you about 84 cents per cup.
Thats an insane savings!
So thats my homemade matcha latte recipe!
If youd like to learn how to make all the Starbucks matcha drinks at home, then make sure to watch my video tutorial!
Customizing The Iced Matcha Green Tea Latte Recipe
Dont be shy about switching things up and experimenting with other flavors in your matcha latte.
For instance, customize your homemade iced green tea latte, using coconut milk. Or flavor it with simple syrup.
Did you know its super easy to make your own simple syrup? If youve never made simple syrup before, you might be interested in checking out these posts:
Starbucks Iced Matcha Latte
- inspired by the Starbucks Iced Matcha Green Tea Latte
- cool and refreshing
- so easy to make at home
- ready in just a few minutes
- frothy and creamy
- containing a healthy caffeine kick
- perfect to start the day
- a great refreshment especially in summer!
This recipe allows you to make the best Starbucks Iced Matcha Latte in the comfort of your own home, using just 4 simple ingredients! It’s deliciously creamy and refreshing and perfect on a hot summer day .
How To Make Iced Matcha Latte
The best part about this Starbucksmatcha latte recipe is that you can double or triple the recipe and keep it in your fridge for the rest of the week.
That’s seriously it. In one minute, you can be sitting on your back porch drinking an amazing iced green tea latte and counting your blessings.
Want to take it up another notch? Add a swirl of this easy whipped cream recipe to the top. You can also buy different varieties of Reddi-Wip to keep in your fridge just for topping coffees and lattes.
Read Also: High Protein Low Cholesterol Recipes
What Is An Iced Vanilla Matcha Latte
This delicious and refreshing green tea drink is a popular Starbucks order but you can easily make it at home too!
A vanilla matcha latte combines the yummy flavors of vanilla and matcha. This is then served over ice and milk to make a perfectly refreshing, creamy beverage.
The flavors of vanilla and matcha complement each other perfectly. Adding some vanilla to matcha is a great way to soften the taste of matcha and make it taste better.
Matcha powder, or green tea powder, can sometimes have a grassy, earthy taste so the vanilla extract used in this latte balances and sweetens the taste of the matcha.
Can You Put A Tea Bag In Cold Water
The math: She recommends using between one and two teaspoons of tea leaves for every cup of water and four to five teaspoons for a liter carafe or bottle. The same goes for making cold -brewed iced tea with tea bags. Putting one tea bag in a whole liter-sized pitcher of water and letting it sit overnight isnt enough.
Don’t Miss: Johnsonville Ground Italian Sausage Recipes
Verdict: Matcha Latte Taste Test
Iced Matcha Latte benefits the mind, body, and soul. The kick of zen energy from matcha will enliven the most stir-crazed of spirits, and the potent antioxidants will keep health moving in the right direction during rough times.
Ultimately, this iced matcha latte recipe is empowering because it can be enjoyed whether daily, or every now and then. Remember, to get it right it does help to have the right tools.
Checkout all Matcha Tools if you need to see a helpful utensil or beautiful ceramic tumbler to help you prepare an iced matcha latte the right way!
-Team Matcha Kari
Dont Miss: Does Fit Tea Really Work
Iced Vanilla Chai With Vanilla Sweet Cream Cold Foam & Caramel Drizzle
This Iced Vanilla Chai Latte is a little bit creamy and perhaps a touch decadent. With a topping of vanilla cold foam and buttery caramel, each sip of this chai latte is a sweet treat.
How to order this drink: Iced Chai Tea Latte + Vanilla Syrup + Vanilla Sweet Cream Cold Foam + Caramel Drizzle
You May Like: Which Coffee Has The Least Acid
You May Like: Lose Weight Meal Prep Recipes
What Is A Chai Tea Latte Made Of
Starbucks and other coffee houses use a mix of chai concentrate and milk. Chai concentrate is made by combining black tea with spices, usually ginger, cinnamon, cardamom, and peppercorns, along with some form of sweetener.
If you want to give this a try and make an authentic cup of Indian Masala Chai, go check out this recipe.
Recommended Reading: How Does Caffeine Help With Migraines
Do I Have To Use Cashew Or Almond Milk
No, but as I mentioned above, almond milk is the best plant-based frothing milk. It has similar proteins to regular dairy and will froth nicely in the blender.
If you prefer a creamier drink, I definitely recommend cashew milk. And I find that it froths just fine in the blender! At least a high-speed blender.
If you dont need it to be dairy-free, then any milk you like will work. Again, if you like the froth, then using whole milk is better than skim milk.
Recommended Reading: Taco Soup Recipe With Hidden Valley Ranch
What Equipment Do I Need
At a minimum, youll need a jar, a saucepan, and a spoon.
I havent found anything that works better than a bamboo matcha whisk for whisking the matcha smooth without lumps. Ill show you a way to do it without one below, but it can be frustrating.
You can froth your milk using a jar or a regular whisk, but for the best results I recommend using an actual milk frother. This is the milk frother I use.
Whisk To Create Froth
Add the remaining 2 oz of warm water to your matcha paste and start whisking to suspend the particles and incorporate some air into your drink .
How to whisk matcha like a pro.Briskly whisk your matcha in an M formation going from the bottom of the bowl and working your way up towards the surface until the matcha reaches a smooth consistency and a layer of foam appears.
Also Check: Twisted Tea Tall Boy Nutrition Facts
You May Like: Best Apple Cider Vinegar Recipe For Weight Loss
Storing And Making Ahead
The recipe makes enough for 1 serving. You can save time by doubling or tripling the recipe and making a big batch.
Store it in the fridge: its good for 3 days.
Remember to stir before consuming stored iced matcha latte, as matcha powder will deposit at the bottom of the jar after some time. And pour over ice just before ready to drink!
Are Matcha Lattes Good For Weight Loss
It is well knowledge that drinking green tea might help people shed extra pounds. Studies have shown that it may help speed up the metabolism, which can improve the amount of energy that is expended and aid promote fat burning. One study indicated that drinking green tea extract while participating in moderate activity led to a 17% increase in the amount of fat that was burned .
Recommended Reading: Spinach Artichoke Cheese Dip Recipe
Copycat Starbucks Iced Matcha Green Tea Latte
With the weather warming up if you are like me you are craving all kinds of iced drinks from Starbucks. These days I am craving theCotton Candy Frappuccino, the Starbucks Pink Drink, and of course this Starbucks Iced Matcha Green Tea Latte.
If you have yet to have the Starbucks Iced Matcha Green Tea Latte drink you are missing out. It is a delicious blend of matcha tea, milk, ice, and a little bit of sugar. This drink is so creamy and refreshing. It is the perfect drink to enjoy on your way to work or when you are on an afternoon break. And now lucky for you, you can make it right at home with this Copycat Starbucks Iced Matcha Green Tea Latte recipe.
This recipe can even be doubled and made ahead of time so it is ready when you are!
How To Make A Starbucks Iced Matcha Latte At Home
Making a matcha latte at home is incredibly simple with just 4 ingredients! Here are some tips.
You May Like: Greek Yogurt Smoothie Recipes For Weight Loss
How Make An Iced Chai Tea Latte Using Teas And Spices
If youd like to make your own chai spice, check out this recipe. It uses the same spices as Starbucks. Then creat
Please use Tazo chai tea bags for this recipe or one that you know is potent. I have tried it with some different brands of tea bags and it did not produce the same strong chai flavour I was going for.
Copycat Iced Starbucks Matcha Latte Recipe
This cool and creamy Copycat Starbucks Matcha Latte Recipe brings all the sweet and earthy flavor right in the comfort of your own home! A super easy iced matcha latte recipe, that you can make in less than 5 minutes!
- 1cupunsweetened almond milk or milk of choice
- 1teaspoonmatcha powderpure matcha/no added sugars
- Add your milk of choice, matcha powder, maple syrup, and vanilla extract to your blender.
- Cover and blend for 30 seconds to a minute until smooth and creamy.
- Pour over ice, and serve! Enjoy immediately!
You May Like: Gluten And Dairy Free Dinner Recipes
Diy Iced Matcha Green Tea Latte
Light, creamy and refreshing iced matcha latte made at home, in the blender in under a minute. This Starbucks copycat recipe taste just as good for a fraction of the price!
The milk and matcha powder is mixed in the blender to remove any lumps. This means you can double or triple the recipe and store the remaining Matcha in the fridge for the rest of the week. To use, simply pour into a cup of ice and enjoy!
The trick to making a good matcha latte is a good quality matcha powder. Matcha powder is one of those things that you should spend the few extra pennies and get the good brand because matcha varies in quality. Generally, the lighter the matcha the better quality. Stay away from matcha that looks olive or brownish.
What is Matcha Powder?
Matcha is a type of powdered green tea that is mostly grown and produced in Japan. During the last few weeks of their growth, the tea leaves are shaded from the sun to increase their chlorophyll content and produce the vibrant green color. The leaves are then ground to produce a fine powder which is used in recipes for making teas, lattes, smoothies, and even ice-cream.
Starbucks Green Tea And Matcha Drinks On The Menu
- Matcha Green Tea Latte
- Iced Peach Green Tea Lemonade
- Iced Matcha Green Tea Latte
- Matcha Lemonade
- Matcha Green Tea Creme Frappuccino
Seeing that Starbucks is known for its coffee, thats a decent selection of green tea and matcha offerings: four hot teas, six iced green teas and even a frappuccino.
Not to mention, there are lots of ways to make your own custom green tea and matcha drinks.
For example, you can order a vanilla matcha latte, iced raspberry green tea or iced green tea guava. Be sure and check out my Guide to Iced Tea at Starbucks and Guide to Hot Tea at Starbucks to see all the possibilities.
Now, lets take a detailed look at each drink on the green tea and matcha menu.
Recommended Reading: Banana Bread Recipe 6 Bananas
Iced Chai Latte With Pumpkin Cold Foam
This iced chai latte with pumpkin cold foam is one of the best Starbucks fall drink recipes. Its easy to make this copycat version at home, any time of the year. Chilled, creamy chai tea with a generous topping of pumpkin flavored cold foam. Then a little extra sprinkle of pumpkin spice on top for the ultimate seasonal latte.
Starbucks lattes always taste so fancy and are addictively good, but having them every day can be pricey.
But its actually so easy to make your own at home for a fraction of the cost.
Iced Matcha Tea Latte
The Iced Matcha Tea Latte is the best Starbucks matcha drink.
Its energizing, creamy, and sweet without being too sweet.
Less is often more when it comes to matcha drinks, and this three-ingredient beverage hits all the right marks.
Its also just as satisfying as the Matcha Crème Frappuccino, with fewer than half the calories.
The Iced Matcha Tea Latte is made from finely ground matcha sweetened with sugar.
The matcha is combined with cold milk and served over ice.
The Iced Matcha Tea Latte is available in tall, grande, and venti sizes.
A grande contains 200 calories, 28g of sugar, 5g of fat, and 80mg of caffeine.
Recommended Reading: Progresso Chicken And Wild Rice Soup Recipe