Healthy Birthday Cake Nice Cream Recipe
Birthday cake may be one of my favorite flavor combos. If youre a birthday cake lover like me, youll definitely want to check out my birthday cake banana bread, cake batter baked oatmeal, and cake pop recipes! Just like all of those recipes, this birthday cake nice cream is healthy, gluten-free, and vegan! Its also nut-free! Whats not to love?!
How To Frost The Cakes
- Place the first cake with the shiny side down on a plate or a cake plate.
- Frost the top of the first cake. This will be the frosting in the center of your cake. I like a good amount of frosting in the center.
- Place the second cake on top of the frosted first cake the shiny side down.
- Frost the top and side of the cake with the remaining frosting.
- I decorated the top with chocolate shavings and frosting flowers using a Wilton 1M tip.
Tips For How To Make The Best Vegan Chocolate Cake:
See below tips and tricks for making this vegan chocolate cake perfect!
You May Like: Baby Picky Eater 1 Year Old Recipes
Vegan Birthday Cake Ice Cream
I cannot wait for you to give this Banana Birthday Cake Nice Cream recipe a try! Please snap a picture and share it with me! Seeing your kitchen creations makes my day and encourages me to keep creating new recipes for you!
Tips For The Best Vegan Birthday Cake
- If youd like an even softer cake, you can use cake flour.
- The cake must be cooled before frosting. If the cake is even remotely warm, there is a risk for the frosting to melt.
- Do not overbake the cakes, as they continue to cook in the pans as they cool down.
- If possible, use springform baking pans, for the easy removal of the cakes.
Also Check: Cuisinart Automatic Bread Maker Recipes
How To Use Dairy
- These cake layers can be served as two single layers or as a two-layer cake. You’ll need about 1 1/2 cups per single cake layer, or between 2 and 3 cups of frosting total to frost a 2-layer cake .
- Yellow cake pairs well with a variety of frostings. Try dairy-free vanilla buttercream, chocolate, or cream cheese.
How To Make This Cake Sugar
Easily make this cake sugar-free, by replacing the sugar with one of the following-
- Monk fruit sweetener Granulated monk fruit sweetener can be used, and is the best alternative to white sugar. You can cut back on this by 1/4, as it is super sweet.
- Swerve Similar to monk fruit, swerve uses erythritol to keep the sugar out and calories low.
- Baking zero-calorie sweeteners Baking Splenda and baking aspartame can be used, but Id recommend cutting back, as it is twice as sweet as table sugar.
TIP: Be sure you enjoy the taste of the sugar-free sweeteners, as the flavor can be very evident, once the cake is baked.
Also Check: Beef Stew Recipe With Tomato Juice
How To Make Gluten
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Cut parchment paper for the bottom of your two 9-inch cake pans and spray with gluten-free cooking spray.
- To make your own buttermilk: Add 1 tablespoon of white vinegar or lemon juice to milk or dairy-free milk and allow to sit for a few minutes.
- In a medium-sized bowl add gluten-free flour with xanthan gum, salt, baking soda, gluten-free baking powder, cocoa powder, and cinnamon. Stir to combine the ingredients.
- In a large bowl cream the softened butter and sugar with a mixer, until fluffy.
- Add the eggs and pure vanilla extract to the butter mixture and mix until fully combined.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix until fully combined. Scrape down the sides if needed.
- Add the homemade buttermilk to the cake batter and mix until fully combined.
- Add the boiling water to the cake batter and mix until fully combined and smooth.
- Pour half of the batter into the first greased 9-inch cake pan and then pour the rest of the batter into the second greased 9-inch cake pan.
- Bake on the middle rack for 30-35 minutes. Please watch your cakes because all ovens are different.
- Check the center of the cake by inserting a toothpick to make sure it is done. You will also see the sides of the cake pulling away from the side of the pan.
- Allow the cakes to cool fully before frosting. I like to cool cakes on a baking rack.
- Store leftovers in an air-tight container.
How To Make Dairy Free Chocolate Cake
Its so easy to make this chocolate cake, you are going to totally love it.
Preheat the oven to 350°F and spray three 8-inch cake pans for a three layer cake, or two 9-inch cake pans for a two layer cake, with non-stick spray and line the bottoms with circles of parchment paper. Set aside.
Then sift all purpose flour and unsweetened cocoa powder into a mixing bowl and add sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt and mix together.
Prepare some vegan buttermilk by adding 1 tablespoon of lemon juice to a measuring jug and then adding soy milk up to the 1 cup line and letting it curdle. You can also use almond milk for this step if you prefer, but soy milk works really well.
Add the vegan buttermilk to the mixing bowl along with some oil, applesauce and vanilla extract and mix into a thick batter.
Then add in 1 cup of boiling hot coffee and whisk it in with a hand whisk.
The batter will be thin once the hot coffee is mixed in, and this is how its supposed to be for this recipe.
Divide the batter evenly between your prepared cake pans and then bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of one of the cakes comes out clean.
Let the cakes cool for a few minutes in the pans before transferring to wire cooling racks to cool completely before frosting.
Also Check: Recipes For Type 2 Diabetes Meals
How To Make Butterscotch Buttercream
Now lets make the buttercream. My vegan butterscotch buttercream is a breeze to make and also uses the all-in-one method. Mix with a hand mixer until fully combined. It is beautifully smooth and pairs so well with the butterscotch cake. A match made in heaven. Im also a fan of using it on cupcakes and regular cakes. Or just eating it on a spoon. And the kids approve of it as well. It is seriously addictive!
Spread the butterscotch buttercream over the completely cooled cake with an offset spatula. And thats how easy it is! Isnt this cake a thing of beauty?
The History Of Butterscotch
The earliest butterscotch recipe dates back to the mid-1840s in Yorkshire, UK where it was made with butter, sugar and treacle. It eventually became popular in North America early on in the 20th century and the recipe has also evolved. Cream and vanilla are often added, as well as salt and corn syrup and you can buy butterscotch sauce, baking chips and pudding.
Read Also: Tasty Diet Recipes For Weight Loss
Scrumptious Dairy Free Butterscotch Cake
Butterscotch is such a comforting flavour and this cake is pure indulgence. Best enjoyed on the day it is baked and served with tea or coffee. This cake makes 16 generous slices or 24 smaller slices that are perfect for kids parties. Enjoy!
Check out more of my cake recipes here.
This post contains affiliate links. Bake Angel is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. You can rest assured that I will only ever link to items that I have either personally used or have a working knowledge of. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a small commission from qualifying purchases and this does not impact the price that you pay for the linked products.
Can You Freeze The Cakes
Its really easy to freeze unfrosted cakes. Once your cakes are completely cool, wrap the cakes with plastic wrap , wrap again with aluminum foil, and then place in a plastic freezer bag.
The cakes can be frozen for up to 3 months. You can defrost the wrapped cake at room temperature for 2-3 hours or overnight in the refrigerator.
Recommended Reading: Heart Healthy Recipes That Taste Good
What Is A Chocolate Chip Loaf Cake
If youve ever had a vanilla pound cake, then a chocolate chip loaf cake is very similar. Except its studded with chocolate chips!
This vegan chocolate chip loaf cake is a bit lighter than a traditional pound cake, but still full of buttery, vanilla flavor and the perfect texture. The chocolate chips make this vegan loaf cake feel like a chocolate chip cookie in loaf form!
What Is Nice Cream
Oh nice cream, how I love you dearly. If youre new to this whole nice cream idea, let me explain. Think bananas in a smooth soft-serve texture. The texture of ice cream, but completely dairy-free and vegan! So easy to make too. Just two ingredients: frozen bananas and any milk of choice. Whats so great about nice cream you may be asking? Well, its perfect if you cant eat dairy and youre craving something cold and sweet.
Does it taste like regular ice cream? Im going to be honestno haha. It tastes like bananas because it IS BANANAS. But, you can dress up the flavors to any nice cream and make it taste SO MUCH BETTER! Hence this birthday cake nice cream flavor. It will not disappoint! In most of my recipes, I really strive to have the finished product taste just like the real thing . But thats why I didnt name this nice cream ice cream because that would be just a straight-up lie. It aint ice cream its Nice Cream
Read Also: Low Carb Low Calorie Diet Recipes
Can I Make This Chocolate Chip Loaf Cake Into A Layer Cake
You could use the batter to make a small two layer 6 chocolate chip cake. Alternatively, you could bake the batter into an 8 single layer cake. However, I have a very similar recipe thats a layered cake: my vegan chocolate chip cookie dough cake!
Youre just going to absolutely love this easy vegan chocolate chip loaf cake! Its such a treat to make and absolutely amazing on the day its baked .
Perfect for an anytime treat, or more for a special holiday, like Mothers Day, Easter, or even a bridal shower.
These Are Great With A Simple Frosting Recipe By:
Dairy free cake recipe nz. These taste amazing and are quick to make! How to make perfect dairy free blueberry cake. Add banana mixture to dry ingredients.
Just about any will work. Lightly grease 23cm cake pan and line base with baking paper. You dont need an electric mixer for this recipe.
Stir in the self raising flour. I am not a big baker, but in honour of the season i will be dusting off my pinny to. If you leave out egg yolks, you can have a beautiful white cake.
Stir occassionally making sure all dates covered. Place in a small round baking tin that has been sprayed with rice bran oil spray. You can play around and substitute different milks, oils and extracts
1 1/2 cups water chocolate icing. Stay at home mums dairy free section is a collection of recipes for those that are dairy intolerant or sensitive. It’s glorious what the juice and zest of one lemon can do in this basic cake.
Leave to soak at least four hours or overnight. Flour, sugar and baking powder. By nz recipes on november 2, 2017.
Black cherry, gingernut and lime cheesecake. Combine sifted edmonds standard grade flour, chelsea soft brown sugar, edmonds baking powder, edmonds baking soda, cinnamon and ginger. 17 dec, 2017 03:00 am.
Dairy, egg and nut free, but full of deliciousness. This is a super easy one bowl cake. Lemon yoghurt cake with lemon syrup.
Test with skewer after 35 minutes. Start by whisking together the dry ingredients You also can turn the recipe into cupcakes.
Pin on Cooking
You May Like: White Claw Mixed Drink Recipe
How Do You Make A Vegan Chocolate Cake
Start by adding the dry ingredients into a mixing bowl and mix until combined. Add the wet ingredients and whisk together until a smooth batter remains. Transfer the cake batter into a greased cake pan and bake for 27-30 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
Remove the cakes from the oven and let them cool completely before frosting.
How To Store Coffee Cake
If you plan on enjoying the coffee cake within 3 days, you can store the cake at room temperature, in a sealed container. Place a piece of paper towel on top of it, to keep it moist and fluffy. To store them longer, here are two ways to do so.
- Refrigerator: Place leftover slices of cake in a sealable container and store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- Freezer: Store in the freezer in a ziplock bag, for up to 6 months.
Read Also: Vegan Green Goddess Dressing Recipe
Dairy Free Vanilla Cake
Vanilla Cake. The ultimate in classic cake flavours. And dare I say, one of the trickiest cake flavours to nail down too. This vanilla cake is light, fluffy, has a beautiful soft crumb, and is completely 100% dairy-free. And guess what, I bet you wouldnt even be able to tell it was dairy-free because its out-of-this-world delicious.
Note: This post contains affiliate links to which I earn a small commission, but dont worry theres no extra cost to you! Thank you for supporting CAKED by Katie.
For The Crumble Topping
- Butter I recommend using vegan butter from a block, not from a spread. The latter often has added water in it, that can really affect the texture of the crumb topping.
- All purpose flour Again, like in the cake, use gluten free flour if needed.
- Coconut sugar You want the sugar for the crumble topping to be darker, so it has a more robust flavor. I used coconut sugar, but you can use brown sugar.
- Cinnamon Always room for more cinnamon!
You May Like: On Cooking 6th Edition Recipes
Creole Crab Cakes For A Dairy
Denise adapted this dish from Enola Prudhommes Low Calorie Cajun Cooking for a New Orleans themed dinner. We originally shared this recipe for Fat Tuesday about 15 years ago! This year, were giving the recipe a big update. Its perfect for Mardi Gras meals, fish Fridays during Lent, or appetizer nights.
In addition to making these crab cakes dairy-free, weve also added gluten-free and egg-free options. Fresh crab meat will always taste best, but you can substitute canned in a pinch.
Tip For Measuring Gluten
It is super important to use a measuring cup made for dry ingredients to measure gluten-free flour. I measure the gluten-free flour with the spoon & level method.
I use a large spoon to scoop the flour into the measuring cup. Then I use the back of a knife to level off the top of the measuring cup.
Please do not scoop the flour directly out of the bag with your measuring cup. If you do, you could end up with more flour than is called for in the recipe.
Don’t Miss: 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe
Carrot Cake Frosting Tips
I topped it off with the dairy-free cream cheese frosting recipe that I created for Allergic Living magazine, but this recipe is also quite delicious. To maintain the thickness of the frosting, start with just 1 cup of powdered sugar and only add as much as needed for your tastes. I find that adding the full amount can make it a touch runny, depending on the brand of dairy-free cream cheese alternative.